• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God

This verse is more accurately translated, "All Scripture given of God, is profitable."  There were many so called "scriptures" floating around at that time, which were NOT "given of God". 

1 Peter 1:10-11  “Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.”

The "spirit" which inspired the OT prophets, was "the Spirit of Christ".  It was Christ "who was in them". 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0

You have not yet mentioned the glorious dove at His baptism.

Luke 3:22 (John 1:32)  “And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased”

God the Father spoke from Heaven, “This is My beloved Son.”  God the Father poured out His spirit upon His Son, publicly anointing Him.  The Father thus set His seal upon His Son.  The dove was a symbol of the Spirit, like the oil which was poured upon Aaron for the priesthood, and upon David who would become king of Israel.  Only kings and priests were anointed.  Jesus was anointed our future King, and anointed High Priest over all creation.

The Spirit is the “seal” of God.  Ephesians 1:13 says, “having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise”.  Just so, God the Father set “His seal” upon His own Son.  

John 6:27 “Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

And what about the messages to the 7 churches, in Revelation?

Each message says, "Hear what the Spirit says".   And if you look carefully, you realize that each message is Christ speaking.  So a third divine being does not "say" anything.  The Spirit speaking IS Jesus speaking.

Need to go eat supper now.  Will visit tomorrow. 

On 10/21/2017 at 8:05 PM, enoob57 said:

If you do not believe the testimony of the Son of God Himself -then when you die and stand before him you'll be without excuse

John 17:3 (KJV)

[3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

[6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

[9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

[12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

[13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

[22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

[24] Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

[25] O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

[26] And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

this is from The Heart of The Christ as Shiloh has given you witness of .... your eternity of spending it with The Who of God or not is right here as The Lord has also warned you

Matthew 10:33 (KJV)

[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

[40] He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

God's Word was not given to you to pervert and you are doing it to your own peril!
Love, Steven

Your post does not seem very loving Steven.  It seems very threatening.  And I'm not sure what your message is. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8thdaypriest,

Sister, it seems you are not even taking the time to even look at why I post those verses for you to consider.  All I see is you moving from one verse to another with the idea to disprove how I see scripture and show that I am wrong, which can surely be seen in your reply about the Anti-Christ, assuming that I am trying to somehow call you an anti-christ.  I am not.  There is no need for you to be so defensive.  I gave them to you so you can see how they fit into scripture as scripture does not contradict itself.  They are for your contemplation, not for a series of debates.  I am only showing how the Holy Spirit is God.  Perhaps this simple graphic will explain better.

Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

Guest shiloh357
18 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

There you go - getting personal, telling me that I "have wrong headed idea about these matters".  I ONLY tell others WHAT I believe, and WHY I believe thus.   I do not agree with you on this matter.  And you do not agree with me.   For you to say to me that I "have wrong headed idea" means that you are claiming Biblical interpretative superiority.  Are you claiming "inspiration" for your self - for your posts here? 

I am claiming theological and interpretative and doctrinal superiority over your false teachings, yes.

I believe that God (the Father's) first action was to beget a Son in His exact image - His exact likeness.   This WAS "the beginning".  God (the Father) then did everything else THOUGH His Son.

The Bible doesn't say that at all.  So what you believe isn't really based on the Bible, but perversion of it.    Jesus always existed according to John 1:1.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (Joh 1:1)

The word "was" is used three times and in the Greek appears in the imperfect.  That means that "was" refers to something that has without beginning or end.   Understood correctly, Word was God all the way back in the dateless, infinite eternal past and always will be God all the way into the dateless eternal future.  There was never a time that Jesus never existed.

So what you believe is simply wrong I encourage all those reading this to reject your argument for the false teaching that it is.

John 17:8 “I came forth from You and they have believed that You sent Me.”

John 16:28  “I came forth from the Father AND have come into the world.”

In both verses, Jesus came from the Father.   Jesus never claims anywhere to be born of the Father or to be separate being from the Father.   John 1:1 says that the Word (Jesus) was with God and was God.  So Jesus could not have been born of the Father.   The Bible simply doesn't allow for that notion.

Was Jesus, was Paul, were the disciples trying to mislead?  A son - in any language - is one who was begotten by a Father.  Why call Him the Son of God, if He was not really a Son at all?

The use of Son and Father are positional and speak to rank in the Trinity.  God the Father is not the paternal Father of Jesus.  You apparently do not have a very sophisticated theology about the relationship of Jesus to the Father.  

In the ancient Hebrew world "son" was used in ways that have nothing to do with being the offspring of someone.   Jesus refers to the Pharisees as the "sons of hell."   Jesus refers to James and John as "sons of thunder."  Furthermore, Jesus' Messianic title and His favorite reference to Himself was "Son of Man."  None of those have anything to do with being the offspring of someone else. 

The phrase "son of"  in ancient Hebrew speak was often a way of comparing the attributes two things.   You could be the "son of"  anything if you possessed the character traits of what you are being compared with.   "Son of" often was often used of someone who imitates another person, as well.  In the case of the phrase "Son of God"  it refers to Jesus deity, and the fact that Jesus has the same divine attributes  as God the Father.

Jesus was begotten by Father through Mary, not some time long before the world was created.   Jesus is the only person to be begotten by the Father, thus he is the the only begotten Son of God (Jon 3:16).

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus never claims anywhere to be born of the Father or to be separate being from the Father. 

I believe Jesus DID claim to be a separate being from God His Father. 

Not My will but Thine be done,” Jesus prayed (Luke 22:42).  

“I came down from heaven not to do my own will, but the will of Him that sent me” (John 6:38).

John 8:42 “Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.’”

John 12:49 “For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.”

Do these verses speak of two beings, or three - two separate wills, or three?

Matthew 20:23  to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father" (NKJ)

John 4:34 “Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me . . .’”

John 5:30 “I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.”

John 6:38-39 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

I could quote several more, but you get the idea.  There were TWO SEPARATE WILLS in operation.  Jesus' will AND the Father's will.  For TWO wills to operate, there must be TWO separate persons (beings). 

Jesus said He came to do the will of His God and Father. 

John 20:17 “Jesus said to her, ‘Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go  to My brethren and say to them,  I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’”

All these were written long AFTER Jesus returned to heaven.  Paul is STILL calling the Father, "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ". 

Romans 15:6  “ ... that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

2 Corinthians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,”

2 Corinthians 11:31 “The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.”

Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,”

Ephesians 1:17 “ ... that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,”

Colossians 1:3 “We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,”

And here is the glorified Christ speaking - many years AFTER He ascended into Heaven. 

Revelation 3:12 “He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.”

So - If the glorified Christ looks upon His Father as His God - that is TWO DIVINE BEINGS - Father and Son. 

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

In the ancient Hebrew world "son" was used in ways that have nothing to do with being the offspring of someone.   Jesus refers to the Pharisees as the "sons of hell."   Jesus refers to James and John as "sons of thunder."  Furthermore, Jesus' Messianic title and His favorite reference to Himself was "Son of Man.None of those have anything to do with being the offspring of someone else. 

So you're saying that Jesus was NOT a "Son of Man".  That would mean He was NOT "come in the flesh".  And that teaching is called antichrist .  Are you sure you don't want to change that  part? 

1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, (NKJ)

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, (NKJ)

Hebrews 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, (NKJ)

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death  (NKJ)

Angles don't die.  Humans do.  In order to die, Jesus had to become a human being. 

I believe that the Son of God took the form AND the nature of mankind - the nature of man long after the Fall.   He inherited that nature from Mary his human mother.

The references you sited about the word "son" having "nothing to do with being the offspring of someone" - those references do not anywhere use the term "begotten" or "only begotten".   Jesus is called God's "only begotten son" - not just "a son". 

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (NKJ)

John 1:18  [Christ speaking] No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (NKJ)

John 3:16 [Christ speaking] "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (NKJ)

Matthew 3:17  [Father speaks] And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (NKJ)

Matthew 17:5 [Father speaks] While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I  am well pleased. Hear Him!" (NKJ)

JWs do NOT worship Jesus Christ.  I do!!!  I worship Jesus because God the Father has commanded us to worship His only begotten Son. 

Mormons believe that Jesus and Satan are brothers - both begotten from God the Father.  I do NOT share that belief.  I believe that God the Father has only ONE "BEGOTTEN SON".  Through that Son, God created all things - including Lucifer (the Light Bearer) who rebelled and became Satan (the accuser, the deceiver, the destroyer). 

John 1:1-3  “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him; and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

Colossians 1:15-17   “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.  All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.”

I Corinthians 8:6  “yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.”

John 1:10  “He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.”

Hebrews 1:1-2 “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.”

God the Father created all things THROUGH His begotten Son.