• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Keith posted this in "Latest News." I thought I'd re-post this here and see if it gets more responses and inputs.

Saint's Prophecy: Only Two Popes Remain

When the cardinals of the world pick John Paul II's successor, they may well be choosing the next-to-last pope.

The pope who then follows this choice in the Chair of St. Peter will be the last pope, and after his reign Rome will be destroyed.

Such has been the prophecy of St. Malachy, an Irish bishop who at his death in 1148 A.D. was discovered to have left behind a prophetic list of all future popes beginning with Pope Celestine II, whose papacy began in 1143 A.D.

Malachy included a single line in Latin identifying a characteristic of each pope.

Historians say Malachy's prediction

Edited by nebula

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  0

[To alleviate confusion, this is how the list is written:

- name of pope and term

- birth name of chosen pope

- prophecied characteristic of the pope

- translation of that characteristic]

Just a quick question please....Malachy gave the list as stated above...and he actually gave the correct term of each pope right? Is this saying he knew the year they became pope and the year they died? Just asking because the last two didn't have the dates....although I don't want to know...or is that something not released by the catholic church?

Interesting to say the least... :24:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

[To alleviate confusion, this is how the list is written:

- name of pope and term

- birth name of chosen pope

- prophecied characteristic of the pope

- translation of that characteristic]

Just a quick question please....Malachy gave the list as stated above...and he actually gave the correct term of each pope right? Is this saying he knew the year they became pope and the year they died? Just asking because the last two didn't have the dates....although I don't want to know...or is that something not released by the catholic church?

If you look at the last two, all that is given is the characteristic and the translation.

The characteristic is the prophesied part, the name and year is the man who fulfilled the prophecy and the years of his term.

106. Pius XII 1939 - 1958

Eugenio Pacelli

Pastor Angelicus

Translated: An Angelic Shepherd

107. John XXIII 1968 - 1963

Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli

Pastor Et Natua

Translated: Pastor and Mariner

You got "68" and "63" backwards.

I also notice that there was a five year period with no Pope. What happened in there? If this is true Holy Spirit inspired prophecy, how can you be sure that "someone" who was leading the Church at the time didnt fulfill one of the slots?

I copied and pasted this.

I think it's a mis-type.

Should read:

107. John XXIII 1958 - 1963

Thanks - I'll fix it above!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think it wise to consider prophecies of those who don't even know what a saint is. Maybe they should just throw darts at pictures to get the next Pope? Or maybe they could duke it out in a free-for-all? The blind are still leading the blind anyway, so why not hire a psychic? I don't care, please just hurry up and get it over with because I'm getting really tired of all this fuss. :24:

Guest Sunking

Note also that JPII, De Labore Solis (the labor/eclipse of the Sun, born on an eclipse is also being buried on an eclipse day!

Here's another tidbit of info about the Monk of Padua:

Another series of papal prophecies was made by the Monk of Padua. His predictions existed in manuscript form before 1790, but were not published until 1889. The prophecies relate to the last 20 popes and actually names them. However, the names are not in accord since the ascension of Benedict XV in 1914. The Monk of Padua expected him to take the name of Paul VI, but Benedict did not oblige him.

The Monk wrote of Pope John Paul I (whom he named Pius XII), that "From the half-moon proceeds this Pope sent to Rome by the Divine Doctor. Hail, O our well-beloved Father, Pius IX, the most Holy Mediator, future victim!" In his book In God's Name (1984), David Yallup claimed that Pope John Paul was poisoned with digitalis (to give the appearance of a heart attack) because he planned to press an investigation of the Vatican Bank's links to the Propaganda Due (P-2) Masonic Lodge and a network of front companies in Europe and South America, whereby millions of dollars were channeled for secret purposes. No autopsy was performed, and the body was quickly embalmed. The Pope also was preparing to liberalize the Church's position on birth control, and he planned to remove several high officials, among them Archbishop Paul Minkus (president of the Vatican Bank).

The Monk of Padua wrote this about Pope John Paul II:

"Thanks to an excellent work of the sun, the earth has nourished the devoted flock of a most holy shepherd --- our very Holy Father, Gregory XVIII, a priest altogether admirable."

The next Pope (St. Malachi's De Gloria Olivae) was named Leo XIV:

"Oh, what a messenger of peace of the glory of the olive tree, of the Lord, oh, what a protector, all filled with goodness! -- the Pope, Leo XIV, energetic monarch, a glorious reign."

The monk's predictions end there, without mention of St. Malachi's "Peter Romanus".

I've read elsewhere that the next Pope could be a Benedictine...for they are also known as the 'oliveteans".

Note also that JPII, De Labore Solis (the labor/eclipse of the Sun, born on an eclipse is also being buried on an eclipse day!

Now that's prophecy at work!

Another series of papal prophecies was made by the Monk of Padua. His predictions existed in manuscript form before 1790, but were not published until 1889. The prophecies relate to the last 20 popes and actually names them. However, the names are not in accord since the ascension of Benedict XV in 1914. The Monk of Padua expected him to take the name of Paul VI, but Benedict did not oblige him.

Are you saying that the descriptions were correct even though the names were wrong?

Hmmmm . . . I wonder how one would classify that kind of prophecy?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Here's another tidbit of info about the Monk of Padua:

The Monk wrote of Pope John Paul I (whom he named Pius XII), that "From the half-moon proceeds this Pope sent to Rome by the Divine Doctor. Hail, O our well-beloved Father, Pius IX, the most Holy Mediator, future victim!"

The Monk of Padua wrote this about Pope John Paul II:

"Thanks to an excellent work of the sun, the earth has nourished the devoted flock of a most holy shepherd --- our very Holy Father, Gregory XVIII, a priest altogether admirable."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matthew 23:9-10 - "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

(10)Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ."

Jesus is the Light of the world, follow the Son, not the sun.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Amen rT! :emot-partyblower:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Yeah, me too, rollin. :emot-partyblower:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.75

If you look at the last two, all that is given is the characteristic and the translation.

The characteristic is the prophesied part, the name and year is the man who fulfilled the prophecy and the years of his term.

Thanks neb...I figure its always better to ask than to assume on my own...I get into trouble that way.

Follow the Son, not the sun....I like that one rollin...I truly do :emot-partyblower:

Love and Blessings,

Angel