• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

btw: hello! I havent met you yet. Welcome to worthy :)

Thank you Blueyedjewel! I don't usually get the chance to be on much! Nice to meet you! :)

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I go back to my previous post and what the Bible says.

Here is some of what the Bible says...

James 4:12: "12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Romans 14:10: "10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

16 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

Here is some of what the Bible says...

James 4:12: "12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Romans 14:10: "10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat."

Here is some of what the Bible says as well

Superficial judgment is wrong. Passing judgment on someone based solely on appearances is sinful (John 7:24). It is foolish to jump to conclusions before investigating the facts (Proverbs 18:13). Simon the Pharisee passed judgment on a woman based on her appearance and reputation, but he could not see that the woman had been forgiven; Simon thus drew Jesus’ rebuke for his unrighteous judgment (Luke 7:36–50).

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Harsh, unforgiving judgment is wrong. We are “always to be gentle toward everyone” (Titus 3:2). It is the merciful who will be shown mercy (Matthew 5:7), and, as Jesus warned, “In the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you” (Matthew 7:2).

Self-righteous judgment is wrong. We are called to humility, and “God opposes the proud” (James 4:6). The Pharisee in Jesus’ parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector was confident in his own righteousness and from that proud position judged the publican; however, God sees the heart and refused to forgive the Pharisee’s sin (Luke 18:9–14).

https://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

39 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

btw: hello! I havent met you yet. Welcome to worthy :)

That is a good verse regarding not judging hypocritically.

Just now, missmuffet said:

It is isnt it? I knew where it was because I know my bible. I didnt have to use gotquestions.org to help me:D

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

It is isnt it? I knew where it was because I know my bible. I didnt have to use gotquestions.org to help me:D

Kudos to you :)

59 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This verse says nothing that I can see about a person having the right to judge another person as long as they haven't committed the exact same sin. The point is that we are all guilty of great sin; therefore, what right do you have to judge another person unless you yourself are free of sin?

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Here is some of what the Bible says as well

Superficial judgment is wrong. Passing judgment on someone based solely on appearances is sinful (John 7:24). It is foolish to jump to conclusions before investigating the facts (Proverbs 18:13). Simon the Pharisee passed judgment on a woman based on her appearance and reputation, but he could not see that the woman had been forgiven; Simon thus drew Jesus’ rebuke for his unrighteous judgment (Luke 7:36–50).

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Harsh, unforgiving judgment is wrong. We are “always to be gentle toward everyone” (Titus 3:2). It is the merciful who will be shown mercy (Matthew 5:7), and, as Jesus warned, “In the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you” (Matthew 7:2).

Self-righteous judgment is wrong. We are called to humility, and “God opposes the proud” (James 4:6). The Pharisee in Jesus’ parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector was confident in his own righteousness and from that proud position judged the publican; however, God sees the heart and refused to forgive the Pharisee’s sin (Luke 18:9–14).

https://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

I do not see where any of this says that you have the right to judge another person for their sin. 

3 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

This verse says nothing that I can see about a person having the right to judge another person as long as they haven't committed the exact same sin. The point is that we are all guilty of great sin; therefore, what right do you have to judge another person unless you yourself are free of sin?

We are not on the same page. I keep posting why it is sometimes permissible. 

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We are not on the same page. I keep posting why it is sometimes permissible. 

No, actually. Nothing from what you have posted says anything about when and what sort of judgment of another Christian is permissible. It simply points out when judgment is not permissible. :huh:

Maybe we could write up a list of which sins you feel that you personally have not committed- that way you'll have a running list of which sins you are allowed to judge other Christians for?

All of this is to say that maybe you should just leave the judgments to God.

Edited by Justice_League