IGNORED

Roman Catholic Church Unknown In Holy Writ!

Arthur Durnan

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1929

isnt it believed that once a person is with the Lord that they will no longer be saddened?

that all hurts, and pains are removed?

that happiness and joy and peace surrounds them?

mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! They are so close to God, in complete happiness, that they are so able to relay our prayers to God Himself, they being in His immediate favor.

Actually, I do it in muliple ways:

1. I pray to God directly.

2. I pray to the Son who is also God.

3. I pray to the holy Spirit, and recently, I did a special prayer that was answered, which makes me believe He answered mine in the selection of a mighty fine man to become Pope Benedict XVI.

4. I pray to all the saints in heaven to intervene for me in pray to the Father.

5. And finally, I pray to the Blessed Mother of Our Lord, who certainly has Our Lord'e ear........after all....what is the old saying?.........if you want a favor of Jesus.

Ask His momma! :)

I do it all! :)

God bless,

PAX

Bill+

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

isnt it believed that once a person is with the Lord that they will no longer be saddened?

that all hurts, and pains are removed?

that happiness and joy and peace surrounds them?

mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly! They are so close to God, in complete happiness, that they are so able to relay our prayers to God Himself, they being in His immediate favor.

Actually, I do it in muliple ways:

1. I pray to God directly.

2. I pray to the Son who is also God.

3. I pray to the holy Spirit, and recently, I did a special prayer that was answered, which makes me believe He answered mine in the selection of a mighty fine man to become Pope Benedict XVI.

4. I pray to all the saints in heaven to intervene for me in pray to the Father.

5. And finally, I pray to the Blessed Mother of Our Lord, who certainly has Our Lord'e ear........after all....what is the old saying?.........if you want a favor of Jesus.

Ask His momma! :blink:

I do it all! :whistling:

God bless,

PAX

Bill+

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd really like to start a thread to discuss "Take and eat, for this is my body". :whistling:

Do you think that would make the mods too nervous?

:blink:

Fiosh

I recall this topic having come up before some time ago - with both sides butting heads pretty strongly.

If you really want to start a new thread on this but are unsure of moderator response, you can always ask them if it's OK.

That way, there wouldn't be any question.

Ask His momma!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I'd really like to start a thread to discuss "Take and eat, for this is my body". :whistling:

:blink:

Fiosh

I recall this topic having come up before some time ago - with both sides butting heads pretty strongly.

If you really want to start a new thread on this but are unsure of moderator response, you can always ask them if it's OK.

That way, there wouldn't be any question.

Ask His momma!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

John 10:38 that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're so cute!!

That's a whole other thread..... :blink:

I understand your point of view though.

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're the first one on this board that made me laugh out loud (and not in a negative way). :P

I'd really like to start a thread to discuss "Take and eat, for this is my body". :taped:

:D

Fiosh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nebula,

The RCC is VERY clear that Mary has no authority over Christ. She is subject to Him just as we are.

Just as at the wedding feast in Cana, she brought the need to Jesus; I believe she can bring my needs to Him.

To which she was mildly rebuked for attempting to tell the Lord when and what to do.

Jn. 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Because her will is so perfectly in tune with the will of God, He responds to her requests.

That's all.

AGain, you choose to ignore the fact that EVERY time in scripture that Mary is seen, with the exception of the events on the cross itself and acts 1, she is at least mildly rebuked by Jesus! She is NOT "in tune" with the will of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jesus could not possibly have "rebuked" Mary. We are commanded to "Honor thy father and thy mother". To break a commandment is to sin. Jesus did not sin. Therefore, Jesus always honored his mother.

The fact is that Jesus DID go on to change the water into wine. So either He was not rebuking her; or He rebuked her yet she changed His mind. In which case YOU give her more influence over Jesus than I would dare imply. :thumbsup:

Please keep in mind (all you non-RCC's) I am but one humble Catholic, trying to explain my faith to all of you. I try to answer as best I can refering to trusted references whenever possible. But I have only so much time & energy.

There is no way I could possibly answer all your questions and still hold down a job. :emot-hug:

(in fact, I'm on call this weekend; I just got back from the emergency room a short time ago)

If you're really interested pick up something by Scott Hahn. He does a tremendous job of explaining points of faith. (he's a former Presbyterian minister)

Mornin' (or evenin'):

I must start work in 5 minutes so I'll make this brief.

I wanted to comment on my attempt to answer questions concerning the Catholic faith. First, although I have been a "practicing" Catholic all my life and have seriously studied the teachings of the RCC, I don't know it all. (sometimes I act like I do :wub: )

Secondly, it is much easier, and QUICKER to pose questions than to give answers.

For example: "So, tell me, can you explain in detail how to split an atom?"

Just wanted to point out that if I don't answer a question, it is not necessarily because I don't know the answer. It is usually a case of too little time. And, at times it takes a little research to find the exact teaching/doctrine/Scripture passages to support my statements.

I am afraid that sometimes when I don't respond, people may think "Aha, got her that time!" When that is truly not the case at all.

Thanks for understanding.

Peace,

Fiosh

:thumbsup:

Mornin' (or evenin'):

I must start work in 5 minutes so I'll make this brief.

I wanted to comment on my attempt to answer questions concerning the Catholic faith.  First, although I have been a "practicing" Catholic all my life and have seriously studied the teachings of the RCC, I don't know it all. (sometimes I act like I do  :thumbsup: )

Secondly, it is much easier, and  QUICKER to pose questions than to give answers.

For example:  "So, tell me, can you explain in detail how to split an atom?"

Just wanted to point out that if I don't answer a question, it is not necessarily because I don't know the answer. It is usually a case of too little time. And, at times it takes a little research to find the exact teaching/doctrine/Scripture passages to support my statements.

I am afraid that sometimes when I don't respond, people may think "Aha, got her that time!"  When that is truly not the case at all.

Thanks for understanding.

Peace,

Fiosh

:thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shalom,sis

a good website that helps to understand the Rcc teachings and doctrines is www.carm.org

I hope it helps,

blessings :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

How do you know which people that you are praying for, are in fact in Heaven? and if they are, do you recall the story of the rich man and the begger? they are not permitted to return to earth.

really thou, if you are praying to a man made saint, and that man made saint, is not with the Lord ( for that is between the Lord and the person ) then how do you know the Lord is getting your message?

another thing, what is the actual requirements for saint hood? how many healings? how many other miricles and types? 3? if that is all it takes, then goodness, half the evangelist in the pentacostal world would be made saints before they reached the age of 40, especially those in the third world countries.

true saint hood is not man made, but done when the Spirit of the Lord enters a person.

what else is required of those that are being made saints?

something also to remember,

the supernatural, the miricles, the healings and other things that happen, why is a man getting credit for them? we hear people saying all the time that if Benny Hinn was really of God then he would go into the aids wards and cure all those that had aids......

that is not totally true, if Benny Hinn is of God, he will not go where man says he should go, but where God says, and then and only then will God work thru him, it is not Benny Hinn that is doing the stuff, if he is in Christ, but the Spirit working thru him.... just as the Holy Spirit will work thru anyone that is seeking the Lord and will allow the Lord to use them. they do not have to be a preacher, they do not have to be a priest, they do not have to be made a saint by man, for once they accept Jesus as their Lord, and Savior, they have become saints, they are now adopted into the family of God........ they now have a hot line to the Lord, to be able to pray and commune directly with God...... they no longer need to go thru anyone else...... that was done away with when the Curtain was torn from top to bottom in the Holy of Holies.... God allowed His Spirit to move thru-out the World to whom ever would be willing to accept Him.....

mike

How do you know which people that you are praying for, are in fact in Heaven?  and if they are, do you recall the story of the rich man and the begger? they are not permitted to return to earth.

really thou, if you are praying to a man made saint, and that man made saint, is not with the Lord ( for that is between the Lord and the person ) then how do you know the Lord is getting your message?

another thing,  what is the actual requirements for saint hood?  how many healings?  how many other miricles and types?  3?  if that is all it takes, then goodness, half the evangelist in the pentacostal world would be made saints before they reached the age of 40,  especially those in the third world countries.

true saint hood is not man made, but done when the Spirit of the Lord enters a person.

what else is required of those that are being made saints?

something also to remember,

the supernatural, the miricles, the healings and other things that happen, why is a man getting credit for them?  we hear people saying all the time that if Benny Hinn was really of God then he would go into the aids wards and cure all those that had aids......

that is not totally true,  if Benny Hinn is of God, he will not go where man says he should go, but where God says, and then and only then will God work thru him, it is not Benny Hinn that is doing the stuff, if he is in Christ, but the Spirit working thru him.... just as the Holy Spirit will work thru anyone that is seeking the Lord and will allow the Lord to use them. they do not have to be a preacher, they do not have to be a priest, they do not have to be made a saint by man, for once they accept Jesus as their Lord, and Savior, they have become saints, they are now adopted into the family of God........  they now have a hot line to the Lord, to be able to pray and commune directly with God...... they no longer need to go thru anyone else...... that was done away with when the Curtain was torn from top to bottom in the Holy of Holies.... God allowed His Spirit to move thru-out the World to whom ever would be willing to accept Him.....

mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do agree with you..but one thing seems to be not understood here..the dear friends in Rcc are under a "cruel" slavery and dependance from their hierarchy.I know,cause I was an Rcc...I mean brother,those priests and cardinals and bishops and popes MAKE christianity SO HEAVY a BURDEN and they DOMINATE the " flock" with their pompous apparatus of "mystery" religion...you should enter in some Rcc churches in Italy,it is FRIGHTENING...aand so the dear friends in the RCC CANNOT understaand that the word " saint" ( angios in greek,kadosh in hebrew) means "SET APART FOR"....GOD we add...aand that every believer in Jesus Christ IS A SAINT HERE and NOW,but nobody,starting with me,can advocate perfection or some peculiar special power or position with God..in fact God is not a respecter of persons,neither shows favouritism or nepotism.God recognizes only those who are IN CHRIST and answers prayers according HIS PRECIOUS PERFECT WILL in HIS PERFECT WISDOM because of....JESUS CHRIST and NONE ELSE...yeah,NONE ELSE,it doesn't really matter if it is Mary or Padre Pio or St.joseph donkey!!!!

They,the RCC,think that God will favour Mother Theresa becuse of her sacrifices or good works,they think the Jpaul2 is in heaven because was a "great" pope" and left no personal goos or property when he died,in other words,the RCC is UNDER THE YOKE of THE LAW of GOOD WORKS,ignoring that BY THE WORKS OF THE FLESH NONE WILL EVER BE JUSTIFIED,no,not even the pope,nor the president of USA!

GOD KNOWS those whose name IS WRITTEN IN HIS BOOK because of their faith in HIS SON JESUS CHRIST,BY GRACE,BY GRACE,BY GRACE,through FAITH and ADD NOTHING.

GOD BLESS YOU.