Shayha

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, I had a dream that while I was working at my school walking in the hall, a student I've never seen before pulled me aside and had me look into a classroom. I noticed of course some of my students but then there was a man dressed in a gangster suit and hat, with an evil grin on his face. No one else could see the man except for me and this student I didn't know. When the bell rang for dismissal, the students filed out like zombies and engraved on their foreheads was the numbers "666" and "1300" (not sure where that number comes from). The mysterious, creepy man also vanished. This student that called me over and I started to cry, knowing what was happening, and we realized neither of us had the mark on our heads. I rushed home to find out if my family was ok, but woke up before the dream could finish. 

The dream got me thinking about the significance of our dreams. I know that many times our dreams mean nothing, but then there are moments in which God communicates with us through dreams. There have been times where I've felt that He is conveying a message to me, and others not. This recent dream of course struck me because of the visual of seeing my own students marked. Has anyone else had dreams like this or dreams where they could clearly distinguish God communicating? Do our dreams truly hold significance, or are they a distraction we need to avoid? 

Edited by Shayha

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

4 hours ago, Shayha said:

Recently, I had a dream that while I was working at my school walking in the hall, a student I've never seen before pulled me aside and had me look into a classroom. I noticed of course some of my students but then there was a man dressed in a gangster suit and hat, with an evil grin on his face. No one else could see the man except for me and this student I didn't know. When the bell rang for dismissal, the students filed out like zombies and engraved on their foreheads was the numbers "666" and "1300" (not sure where that number comes from). The mysterious, creepy man also vanished. This student that called me over and I started to cry, knowing what was happening, and we realized neither of us had the mark on our heads. I rushed home to find out if my family was ok, but woke up before the dream could finish. 

The dream got me thinking about the significance of our dreams. I know that many times our dreams mean nothing, but then there are moments in which God communicates with us through dreams. There have been times where I've felt that He is conveying a message to me, and others not. This recent dream of course struck me because of the visual of seeing my own students marked. Has anyone else had dreams like this or dreams where they could clearly distinguish God communicating? Do our dreams truly hold significance, or are they a distraction we need to avoid? 

God does use dreams to give us assurances of His promises and also remind us of the future proclaimed through His Word. While there is nothing else to be added to the Scripture, God does remind us to show what is coming down the line. It might be for you to pray for the students or the entire school system to not fall into deception of the devil.

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

A pity, most of today's public (and even some private schools are a factory for 666ers).

Isaiah 59:14 NASBS
[14] Justice is turned back, And righteousness stands far away; For truth has stumbled in the street, And uprightness cannot enter.

To be honest, I think this is why I'm not enjoying teaching as much, and it's only been 2 years. The few students I do have that hold onto faith in God give me that glimmer of hope. Progressivism and secularism has really struck hard here.

8 hours ago, ravindran said:

God does use dreams to give us assurances of His promises and also remind us of the future proclaimed through His Word. While there is nothing else to be added to the Scripture, God does remind us to show what is coming down the line. It might be for you to pray for the students or the entire school system to not fall into deception of the devil.

It most likely already has, but I can certainly start including them regularly in my prayers.

Does God show approval/disapproval through dreams as well? For example, I've had dreams in the past about my best friend, who I deeply love (see thread "Help with Love and God's Plan for Me"), where he and I are married and are living together or in bed together. There's never anything sexual; it's only ever love and tenderness. I've often prayed to God asking what He wants/plans for my friend and I's relationship, especially since he just sees me as a close friend and I definitely see him as more. Or is that dream just a product of earthly desire? 

This all goes back to my question earlier: how do we know if God is relaying a message to us through a dream?