• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps you did not understand my comment.

To make things clear, why not plainly state your case?

It is, you just didn't understand it. BTW I meant;  'You did not understand the OP. I'm NOT talking about anything you've mentioned.' But I think you got that. 

Just now, Yowm said:

Again, can you plainly state your case, since you are accusing most of not understanding the OP? Have you considered perhaps it is you who is not making yourself clear?

Take a look at this time line diagram below: 

God's week (year 1)------------------------------------(today) 

Roman week (46BC)---------(today)

The Romans implemented the current calendar's 7 day week we use today in 46BC before this date they used a very strange calendar that had 8 day weeks plus an extra day for market (making 9 day weeks) and it only had 10 months! Now the important bit is the Romans did NOT make sure that the new 7 day week of the new Julian calendar that we use today was synchronised to match the Jewish 7 day week used by the Jews in Israel. Does that make sense? Here is some info on the old Roman 8/9 day week calendar and the Julian calendar that we use today: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

The chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. Are you able to find the evidence that shows the Greek Mathematician Sosigenes (who Julius Caesar employed to create the Julian Calendar) got these two different calendar weeks to match up? Because no one else can! 

Just now, Yowm said:

Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that ingrained in man is  a defiance against God's order and design, so that before 46BC the Romans attempted but failed. So Sosigines came along, and being a true mathematician had a calendar created whose math lined up with God's.

No. For various reasons. The main one being that God's Sabbaths were actually fixed to a lunar solar calendar and so were not even on a 'rolling week' system like the Julian calendar's Sabbath is. But I doubt you will understand/believe this for same ironic reason you gave in your last post (Forgive my jaded rudeness but because of that ingrained defiance against God's order and design I have had a hard time trying to get anyone to understand this). However, if you wish to try and understand it further here is more info on God's Lunar-Solar Sabbath Calendar:

https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/sabbath-isnt-on-sun-or-sat/

Just now, Yowm said:

More uppitiness. G'bye.

I did say forgive me. 

24 minutes ago, Teditis said:

So why is this even important to you?

If you understood the OP (and all the other explanations) you would understand. 

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

More uppitiness. G'bye.

In the title of the OP you ask for help, then berate those who try.

Sorry, I'm tiered. I've been at this all day and am about to go to bed. I will try not get uppity in future.   

Guest Teditis
11 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

If you understood the OP (and all the other explanations) you would understand. 

You presume a lot. Everybody else is confused and you're right on target, is that it?

You're just so much smarter than everyone else?

I looked at your link... it seems to be pushing a book that reveals the date of the

End-Times... to the day?

Just now, Teditis said:

You presume a lot. Everybody else is confused and you're right on target, is that it?

You're just so much smarter than everyone else?

I looked at your link... it seems to be pushing a book that reveals the date of the

End-Times... to the day?

Ignore that, focus on the bit I am explaining. here Take a look at this time line diagram below: 

God's week (year 1)------------------------------------(today) 

Roman week (46BC)---------(today)

The Romans implemented the current calendar's 7 day week we use today in 46BC before this date they used a very strange calendar that had 8 day weeks plus an extra day for market (making 9 day weeks) and it only had 10 months! Now the important bit is the Romans did NOT make sure that the new 7 day week of the new Julian calendar that we use today was synchronised to match the Jewish 7 day week used by the Jews in Israel. Does that make sense? Here is some info on the old Roman 8/9 day week calendar and the Julian calendar that we use today: 

The chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. Are you able to find the evidence that shows the Greek Mathematician Sosigenes (who Julius Caesar employed to create the Julian Calendar) got these two different calendar weeks to match up? Because no one else can! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/27/2017 at 4:18 AM, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

find me some evidence that the current 7 day rolling week goes all the way back to Adam? Or at least beyond the Julian calendar, that we now call the Gregorian calendar. This calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar in 46BC: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

When this new calendar was created it was for the express reason that there were hundreds of different calendars that were being  used across the Roman Empire and Julius want to standardise them so that arranging meetings and making plans with the various leaders and people groups would be much easier. 

Now up to then the Romans were using a calendar with an 8 day rolling week:

Only the Romans were using this 8 day week calendar in the province of Rome within Italy, only! Meanwhile the Israelites had been using there own 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years before the Romans ever existed. So how did the two different calendar weeks get to match up perfectly? Did the Roman's use the Jewish timing of their weekly cycle? Did they use this obscure religious sects timing, a group of people who lived over a 1000 miles away. Who were only known as one of the most troublesome groups within the Roman Empire?

Greek mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply changed the old Roman 8 day week calendar to the new 7 day week calendar in 46 BC, just as history records, so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. 

Are you able to find the evidence that Sosigenes got these two different calendar weeks to match up? Because no one else can. And by the way there is no evidence that the Jews even used the new Julian 7 day week until 359 AD.

I hope some one here has the intelligence to understand this? 

You are thinking too hard.