• Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,154
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

ah ha going further back in time

https://www.dhushara.com/book/consum/gnos/jgnos.htm

this is when eastern "religion" invaded the church

1. Jewish Origins of Gnosticism

Much is currently being written on the question of the origins of Gnosticism and the relationship of Gnosticism to Judaism. It seems to me useful, for the purpose of further discussion, to exhume from the dust of many decades some interesting and provocative ideas set forth by Moritz Friedlander, whose theses did not meet with the approval of his contemporaries, but which may very well be taken more seriously now. In a book entitled Der vorchristliche jiidische Gnosticismus, Friedldnder put forth the thesis that Gnosticism is a pre-Christian phenomenon which originated in antinomian circles in the Jewish community of Alexandria. This Gnosticism, against which Philo polemicizes, came early to Palestine; and the rabbinic polemics against the Minim are directed specifically at such Gnostics. Christian Gnosticism is simply a secondary version of the older Gnosticism' which attached itself to the emergent Christian sect and appropriated for itself the figure of Jesus Christ.

----------------------------------------

2. The crusades

the popes of Europe especially Italy, the Medic family and the Board Family were banking families which wanted to control the papacy for financial and political reasons. source Jacob Prach Apostasy falling away (30:46)...also the crusaders brought back influences of islam,sufi, shia islam and hinduism

----------------------------------------------------

3. The Toronto experience, pensacola-

was about the Kundalini yoga=Hinduasim the eastern religion confuses the soul and the spirit and secular psychology book of proverbs is biblical psychology

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

The Original Social Gospel Movement

Evangelical leaders are hoping that the current generation of believers do not know the church history of the past century. If they did, they might recognize the regurgitated Social Gospel decked out in new clothing.

What is the Social Gospel? One simple definition on-line states:

"The Social Gospel movement is a Protestant Christian intellectual movement that was most prominent in the late 19th century and early 20th century. Social Gospel principles continue to inspire newer movements such as Christians Against Poverty. The movement applies Christian principles to social problems, especially poverty, liquor, drugs, crime, racial tensions, slums, bad hygiene, poor schools, and the danger of war. Theologically, the Social Gospel leaders were overwhelmingly post-millennialist. That is they believed the Second Coming could not happen until humankind rid itself of social evils by human effort. For the most part, they rejected pre-millennialist theology (which was predominant in the Southern United States), according to which the Second Coming of Christ was imminent, and Christians should devote their energies to preparing for it rather than addressing the issue of social evils. Their millennial views are very similar to those shared by Christian Reconstructionists. However Social Gospel leaders are predominantly liberal politically and religiously, whereas Reconstructionists tend to hold politically libertarian and religiously fundamentalist views."

The original Social Gospel  movement was characterized by the lack of a biblical Gospel message. It grew and flourished in the early 20th century when the Protestant churches had been overtaken by higher criticism. The denudated Gospel was supplanted by the idea of a "brotherhood of all mankind"  ethos. Great waves of social action accompanied the Social Gospel, but it was truncated - it was human activity devoid of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

[http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/discernment/12-15-emergent-social-gospel.htm]

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, Dennis1209 said:

There have always been false prophets and false teachers around. But I'm here to tell ya, this emergent church movement, the feel good Gospel, the prosperity Gospel and the penetration of false Gospels and political correctness into our churches, just in the last twenty years is mind boggling and exponential. When I was growing up and a young adult, I couldn't have imagined the changes that are taking place in our churches today. 

Its went viral mad with drunkenness.   spiritual whorehouses are what has become of many houses now.

Look out what has began will far worsen.   They is gonna blend all RELIGOINS under ONE GOD .   they have began the concepts already.  the ultimate One whore religion.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

The Original Social Gospel Movement

Evangelical leaders are hoping that the current generation of believers do not know the church history of the past century. If they did, they might recognize the regurgitated Social Gospel decked out in new clothing.

What is the Social Gospel? One simple definition on-line states:

"The Social Gospel movement is a Protestant Christian intellectual movement that was most prominent in the late 19th century and early 20th century. Social Gospel principles continue to inspire newer movements such as Christians Against Poverty. The movement applies Christian principles to social problems, especially poverty, liquor, drugs, crime, racial tensions, slums, bad hygiene, poor schools, and the danger of war. Theologically, the Social Gospel leaders were overwhelmingly post-millennialist. That is they believed the Second Coming could not happen until humankind rid itself of social evils by human effort. For the most part, they rejected pre-millennialist theology (which was predominant in the Southern United States), according to which the Second Coming of Christ was imminent, and Christians should devote their energies to preparing for it rather than addressing the issue of social evils. Their millennial views are very similar to those shared by Christian Reconstructionists. However Social Gospel leaders are predominantly liberal politically and religiously, whereas Reconstructionists tend to hold politically libertarian and religiously fundamentalist views."

The original Social Gospel  movement was characterized by the lack of a biblical Gospel message. It grew and flourished in the early 20th century when the Protestant churches had been overtaken by higher criticism. The denudated Gospel was supplanted by the idea of a "brotherhood of all mankind"  ethos. Great waves of social action accompanied the Social Gospel, but it was truncated - it was human activity devoid of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

[http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/discernment/12-15-emergent-social-gospel.htm]

the Second Coming could not happen until humankind rid itself of social evils by human effort

Hey Justino.    Wait till this concept becomes RID society of all who wont conform to what society deems as good.    Ps,  ever heard the phrase

the time will come when they kill you they will think they do Gods service.     WE about to experience this.  After the all inclusive world peace message

fills the churches , faiths , peoples to the full with its false love and etc,     then the ones who wont conform.  well   their is such thing as a GREAT TRIBULATION.

its coming.    it really is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151

Social Gospel principles continue to inspire newer movements such as Christians Against Poverty. The movement applies Christian principles to social problems, especially poverty, liquor, drugs, crime, racial tensions, slums, bad hygiene, poor schools, and the danger of war. Theologically, the Social Gospel leaders were overwhelmingly post-millennialist. That is they believed the Second Coming could not happen until humankind rid itself of social evils by human effort.

so now i feel in the realms of bewilderment and confusion. please understand that i am responding to the article and not you.  what about all the slums clearances just in the uk for instance, that happened in the past. folk were dying for want of better provision etc.. what would have happened then instead? i find this disturbing.

i wonder what the world would look like today if the social Gospel hadnt happened? further down the rabbit hole of mixed toasties.

i was just in the last 2 days been thinking about getting back on board with a church project and i am still uncertain and i think well why am i uncertain. i stopped doing this church project 16 months ago due to a situation out of my control which snow balled (nothing to do with the church btw). the thing is yeah if i havent ever seen a healthy church in operation then why does the church exist at all me thinks. and if the church didnt exist then would we have faired much better. wake from one nightmare and fall into another.

49 minutes ago, Yowm said:

There's nothing wrong with the Church doing acts of kindness, they should, but if that becomes the EMPHASIS, we run the risk of transforming huts into castles and souls into sulfur.

as i understand it the church used to do pretty much what the social services.. do today and with all the cuts may well is actually finding itself having to step in ie food poverty. i would say that food poverty is fairly important...the government want to ignore it and the church highlight it.  mainstream  folk  are turning to the church to help them when no one else can or will. this is really hard for me to understand as if you dont help folk cos it might .....the world is so complex. just cant get my head around this.

19 hours ago, existential mabel said:

as i understand it the church used to do pretty much what the social services.. do today and with all the cuts may well is actually finding itself having to step in ie food poverty. i would say that food poverty is fairly important...the government want to ignore it and the church highlight it.  mainstream  folk  are turning to the church to help them when no one else can or will. this is really hard for me to understand as if you dont help folk cos it might .....the world is so complex. just cant get my head around this.

We must help the poor.   But not at the expense of the gospel.  and sadly under this whole massive all inclusive interfaith message that is exactly what they are doing.

the gospel has become the SOCIAL gospel,  the goal is to bring all together with NO focus on any differences in faith or religions , just a focus on feeding the poor.

what a sham.    We must be on guard because these concepts have long crept into the church by making the focus on feeding the poor, yet NOTHING else.

The poor need natural food.   BUT that only sustains life of the body.  What far supersedes the body IS THE SOUL , THE GOSPLE feeds the SOUL , thus

above EVERYTHING the emphasis must be on preaching Christ , his sayings, correcting all the while feeding the poor as well.  GOSPLE and sound DOCTRINE

TOP and in front of it all,  while feeding the poor as well.   But more and more we see this is not the case , and more and more

Rome gains the ground in an all inclusive focus on false love, focus on FRIENDSHIP with other religions and learning from them.

WE have not a thing to learn from any other relgion.  We are to show them their errors , preaching CHRIST as the ONLY WAY. ARMOUR UP cause this is the message.  amen.

https://www.gotquestions.org/social-gospel.html -Protestant Christian intellectual movement
For a Christian perspective on the idea of a social gospel, we need to look to Jesus, who lived in one of history’s most corrupt societies. Jesus never issued any call for political change, not even by peaceful means. He did not come to earth to be a political or social reformer. The gospel Jesus preached did not have to do with social reform or social justice or political change. Rather than attempt to change governments and institutions, which are made up of people, Jesus came to change people's hearts and point them to God's kingdom. He preached the saving power of the gospel and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................
List of Christian movements - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_movements

Emerging church movement: a transdenominational movement that seeks to reshape Christian epistemology, doctrines, and practices to fit into a postmodern mold.

Dominionism: a movement among socially conservative Christians to gain influence or control over secular civil government through political action — seeking either a nation governed by Christians or a nation governed by a Christian understanding of biblical law.

Social Gospel movement: a Protestant Christian intellectual movement that was most prominent in the late 19th century and early 20th century.....

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Gospel
Postmillennialism
Social Gospel.[3] Postmillennialism has become one of the key tenets of a movement known as Christian Reconstructionism. It has been criticized by 20th century religious conservatives as an attempt to immanentize the eschaton.

Background

The Savoy Declaration of 1658 contains one of the earliest creedal statements of a postmillennial eschatology: