• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

Study Bible

Hanani's Message to Asa
8"Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubim an immense army with very many chariots and horsemen? Yet because you relied on the LORD, He delivered them into your hand. 9"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. You have acted foolishly in this. Indeed, from now on you will surely have wars." 10Then Asa was angry with the seer and put him in prison, for he was enraged at him for this. And Asa oppressed some of the people at the same time.…

Matthew Henry Commentary
16:1-14 Asa seeks the aid of the Syrians, His death. - A plain and faithful reproof was given to Asa by a prophet of the Lord, for making a league with Syria. God is displeased when he is distrusted, and when an arm of flesh is relied on, more than his power and goodness. It is foolish to lean on a broken reed, when we have the Rock of ages to rely upon. To convince Asa of his folly, the prophet shows that he, of all men, had no reason to distrust God, who had found him such a powerful Helper. The many experiences we have had of the goodness of God to us, aggravate our distrust of him. But see how deceitful our hearts are! we trust in God when we have nothing else to trust to, when need drives us to him; but when we have other things to stay on, we are apt to depend too much on them. Observe Asa's displeasure at this reproof. What is man, when God leaves him to himself! He that abused his power for persecuting God's prophet, was left to himself, to abuse it further for crushing his own subjects. Two years before he died, Asa was diseased in his feet. Making use of physicians was his duty; but trusting to them, and expecting that from them which was to be had from God only, were his sin and folly. In all conflicts and sufferings we need especially to look to our own hearts, that they may be perfect towards God, by faith, patience, and obedience.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

A lot of times Quaker-style pacifism is just cowardice in better clothes.

Or as my old Grandpap (not a slouch with a shooting iron himself) was  known to say, "If a man's yellow ... he knows it."

I have done a lot of things that folks would call brave. One doesnt need to kill another human being to be brave. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

I have done a lot of things that folks would call brave. One doesnt need to kill another human being to be brave. 

But some times, that is the brave thing to do.  Especially when he is murdering children.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Air Force error let Texas shooter buy guns.

The US Air Force failed to enter the violent history of the Texas church shooter into a database used for conducting background checks on gun buyers.

The Air Force acknowledged on Monday that it failed to enter Kelley's 2012 domestic violence offence into a US government database used by licensed gun dealers for conducting background checks on firearms purchasers.
A sporting goods retail chain has said Kelley passed background checks when he bought a gun in 2016 and a second firearm the following year.

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/gunman-needed-to-be-stopped-local-hero/news-story/33abc72fab8ba4809b66eb560756450c

Suck this up anties:

In rural Texas and in other states, gun ownership is a part of life, and Republican leaders for years have baulked at gun control measures.
Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott told CBS News there was evidence that Kelley had mental health problems and had been denied a state gun permit.
"It's clear this is a person who had violent tendencies, who had some challenges," Abbott said.
Abbott and other Republican politicians said the mass shooting did not influence their support of gun ownership by US citizens.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know, I here the "shooters not a Christian so we shouldn't shoot back" argument a lot. I really do....and I always answer with a hypothetical, if not very real, scenario, and none of them can ever give me a straight answer.

I'm not going to tell you what the right answer or sway you one way or another...but it would be nice to hear someone from the no violence crowd answer the question in the following scenario.

Your in church. A single mother, who is not saved is attending with her kids, also not saved. Gunmman charges in, with the intent to kill this woman's children. The gunman is also not saved.

For the sake of the scenario, let's say you happen to have a gun on your person, and have the possibility to intervene and save the children, but the only way to stop the gunman is to kill him. 

So what do you do? And why?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

You know, I here the "shooters not a Christian so we shouldn't shoot back" argument a lot. I really do....and I always answer with a hypothetical, if not very real, scenario, and none of them can ever give me a straight answer.

I'm not going to tell you what the right answer or sway you one way or another...but it would be nice to hear someone from the no violence crowd answer the question in the following scenario.

Your in church. A single mother, who is not saved is attending with her kids, also not saved. Gunmman charges in, with the intent to kill this woman's children. The gunman is also not saved.

For the sake of the scenario, let's say you happen to have a gun on your person, and have the possibility to intervene and save the children, but the only way to stop the gunman is to kill him. 

So what do you do? And why?

Yes I would shoot. Since I would be acting in the spur of the moment, I dont know if I would try for a kill shot or just try and shot anywhere. (Ive been told hitting in the torso is the best place to aim for.) I would act to defend others. 

I merely posed in my earlier post the question of whether or not it was scripturally sound to be so quick at self defense when we have a good eternity waiting for us and the shooter likely doesnt. 

For the record I am not anti gun. I will be very vocal at any attempt to remove gun rights in this country. 

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I merely posed in my earlier post the question of whether or not it was scripturally sound to be so quick at self defense when we have a good eternity waiting for us and the shooter likely doesnt.

So Christians should just let someone like this guy slaughter them??  In this case, this guy had connections to that church and he has heard the Gospel. His own mother attended that church.  He made his decision and decisions have consequences.

What biblical injunction would include simply letting someone kill you?  Heaven or not?  What about the people whom you are responsible for on earth??  Should  Christians just let someone kill them and leave their children as orphans?