• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I'm generally an easy going guy, but the thought of a supposd "christian" supporting the torture and murder of one of God's chldren sickens and frightens me.

The court took this guys word even though it wasn't in writing. Her parents fought for the right for this person to live. The husband fought for his right to dispose of a person who was in need of care.

It has now set a precadent and the ball is rolling. Euthenasia is now a handy way to deal with the people we think are useless to society. Pray that you don't become such a burden.

Love your brother as yourself. You liberal christians must be masochists if you want to be treated in this manner.

I'm going to shut up now before I say something I might regret.

God help us all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm generally an easy going guy, but the thought of a supposd "christian" supporting the torture and murder of one of God's chldren sickens and frightens me.

The court took this guys word even though it wasn't in writing. Her parents fought for the right for this person to live. The husband fought for his right to dispose of a person who was in need of care.

It has now set a precadent and the ball is rolling. Euthenasia is now a handy way to deal with the people we think are useless to society. Pray that you don't become such a burden.

Love your brother as yourself. You liberal christians must be masochists if you want to be treated in this manner.

God help us all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A liberal christian is something in 50 years that I have never been accused of. Simply put, I believe in the power of prayer, the word and judgement of God. God sees the heart in all of us. He is our father. He is the judge of us collectively and individually. I am accountable to him. Sometimes Satan isnt needed to divide the family, we do it to ourselves.

gbu

Mark

Edited by Mark

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

God help us all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A liberal christian is something in 50 years that I have never been accused of. Simply put, I believe in the power of prayer, the word and judgement of God. God sees the heart in all of us. He is our father. He is the judge.

gbu

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God is LOVE :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43

God help us all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A liberal christian is something in 50 years that I have never been accused of. Simply put, I believe in the power of prayer, the word and judgement of God. God sees the heart in all of us. He is our father. He is the judge.

gbu

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God is LOVE :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God is Love.

amen

Mark :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

What really happened to place Terri in the state she was in for the last decade and half?

was there some foul play at work? what was teh actual cause of her injuries? and how was care initially provided?

things such as this we will never know the truth.

not on this earth anyways.... and for us that matters not, for it is in Gods hands now...

mike

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

This has really got me thinking, after they starved Terri to death and the law allowed it. To vote it is the voters who put these people in office. I never did vote before but now i will. If we christians don't vote then this is the kind of people who get into office who allow people to starve to death. So as for me i am going to start voting in our elections. If all christians voted then we may see a change.

Show these judges and officials we still do have morals and we do care about life and the right to live. We christians need to shout it from the roof top and not hide our light under a bushel if its just a vote then vote.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I don't think religion should have anything to do with it, and I don't think it's any of our business.  It's a private family matter, and, as we are not members of that family, we should probably stay out of her business.  Ultimately, I believe that our court system did the right thing, not particularly because I agree with them, but because I have faith in our courts and in our government's ability to rule its people. 

???:noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean the same government that legalized abortion? Is abortion a "private family matter" too?

It would logically follow that we shouldn't protest the murder of a disabled woman.

When our "trusted government" legalizes euthanasia, should we butt out as well?

We butted out of matters when our "trusted government" took prayer out of the classrooms.

We butted out when our "trusted government" removed the 10 Commandements from government buildings.

We've kept our mouthes silent for a very long time now and wonder why rape and murder run rampant in our schools.

Hmm, good idea...let's just stay out of things and let the "trusted government" have their way...

That's a thought.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

No, I do not, and, satan continues to rejoice that this continues to divide christians. That is of course unless one determines that throughout the last decade and a half every court, every judge, every attorney, every individual that decided with the way the end result ultimately occurred, is a thoughtless evil, condemned sinner.

Mark

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mark 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Read all of Mark 10. Very interesting. Anyone who wants to do what is righteous will be persecuted and Christians will certainly NOT be above their own Master, Jesus Christ.

Jesus knew of the "Law" and what was required of those found in the act of adultery, yet He rebutted the Pharisees and said, "Let him without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus also healed on the Sabbath as well. Christ did many things which were seemingly contrary to the Law and traditions of men.

If we're to follow Christ, there WILL BE DIVISION. Those who walk where Christ has walked must continually do what is righteous and good.

1 Thess 5:21-22 Test everything. Hold on to the good 22 Avoid every kind of evil

Please, someone tell me what is the true difference between witholding food/water and putting a bullet in one's head?

Answer: the sin of omission vs. the sin of commission.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Ok people... I've stayed out of the Terry Schiavo thing because I didn't feel it was any of my business.  It's not.

It's not murder either.  She wasn't violently killed.  Nature was allowed to take it's course.  While that sounds pretty callous, don't jump down my throat.  You must realize that this issue was one thing and one thing alone for me..

This woman was not ready for any situation in her life!  If we were smart (and I hope that we've all learned from this) you MUST MUST MUST have your wishes spelled out for your family!  Don't wait until you have cancer or some other terminal disease or until you've been turned into a vegetable by a car accident!  Do it now!  TODAY even! 

We really don't know what was going on in her husband's mind.  We don't know what she would have wanted... I really hope that my husband would know that I would rather die a natural and uncomplicated death (if I was like Terry) than to have my life prolonged and me die from some infection that would eat away at my body!

Who knows... in a few years, this might NOT be an issue any more... but come on people, it has very little to do with "who's a Christian or not".  It has nothing to do with "who's a liberal or not" !!

Awful things like this happen every day!  That's because death is something we all must go through, it's a natural thing.  Sometimes it's not as dramatic, but sometimes it is, because of the world we live in!

I do not fault this man for what he did.  I am saddened by the fact that it ended up being a public issue!  I do not understand why people are being divided by something like this.  The husband did nothing outside of the law.  It was not illegal, the courts decided that they could not find anything in the law of the land (which we all live under and are subject to!)

Personally, I don't think it was an awful thing to do, I think it must have been an awful decision to have to make.  I can't imagine what it must have done to him!  He's already grieved for her, don't expect him to do it now, he grieved for her when she was first hurt!  It's been 15 years, I would like to think that my husband would be able to find happiness if I were gone from his life, and Terry was gone from her husbands life. 

Take care of YOUR family, make sure that YOUR desires are legally made known, decide NOW what you would want...

Would YOU want YOUR family to be the one tore apart by something like this?

JMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not murder???? what would you call it then????

if some one left their infant to do with out food and water, and the infant dies, is that just nature taking its course?

NOWAY, those that deprived the infant would be tossed away for murder of a baby....

after all, an infant is not ready to even sit up on its own, can not clean its self, can not fetch its own food, can not dress its self..... i recon an infant is not ready for anything in this life either.... so should we just legalize infancide?

hmmm

lets take this one step further..... anyone with brown hair come on down, we are getting the acid showers ready again.... the brunetts are calling for help..... being that some people are red heads and black headed and blonds, this would not concern them so they will not speak up......

ok, no more brunettes around........ just blondes, black headed, and red headed people.......

whos next...... ok, lets go with the Black headed people... your turn.... now the black headed people are calling for help ..... being this does not concern the red heads or the blonds, the black headed people are being sent to the showers......

now that the brown headed and the black headed are gone all we have are the red and blonde headed people.....

(flips a coin)

Blondes are next......now the blondes are calling for help.... bye bye..... this does not concern the red heads,

after the blondes are done, then the blondes are being rounded up, and guess what, there is no one else to stand up and help..... except those that are doing the killing, and they could care less, it is all money for them..... they are getting more and more money for every one they kill.....

when is it going to concern you?????

how about the guy that was arrested for maltreatment of live stock, that he didnt have the money to purchase food??? what about him? oh yea, he is in the can, isnt a human life worth more then an animals???

The Bible seems to think so......

so, honestly, what do you call letting some one starve to death??

Humane?

or

inhumane?

Terri could see, Terry could hear, Terri could feel..... just cause Terri could not speak or take care of herself she was deprived of food and water..... she was not hooked up to a breathing machine, she was not hooked up to any other life support, and Terri could eat, but it just took a very long long long time for her to eat a meal, the feeding tubes were for convienience not a manditory thing for her survival, although some one would have to spoon feed her.....

when was the last time you were forced to go with out food?

when was the last time you were forced to go with out water????

I do not care what a person calls it, a rose by any other name is still just a rose,

and

murder by any other name is still just murder......

How Long Lord, How Long must this go on before you send your wrath upon us? How long must this continue, killing your beautiful creation, perverting your world, stealing Your Honor, Your Praise, Your Glory and giving it to man... how long Lord must we wait for Your return?

must we wait until all those that love you are killed? must we continue to live in this filth people call their home? how long Lord, how long before You call us home?

it sickens me to see the death and destruction of your creation, it sickens me to see us let people go free that are living as an abomination and then putting to death the inocent......

Lord, we are chastised when we bring murderers to justice, and then turn and sacrafice thousands of infants a day to baal, why must this go on Lord why?

How long Lord, How long....

mike