When is the Sabbath?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

If we trace the Sabbath using our familiar Gregorian/Julian calendars we get all the way back to Friday 1st of January 45BC which was the very first day of the new Roman Julian 7 day week calendar but the days before this date were calculated using the ancient Roman calendar that had an 8 day week, where the days were named A,B,C,D,E,F,G & H (8 days) and which had been used for hundreds years. Here's a picture of it written in stone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Meanwhile over a 1000 miles away in Israel the Israelites had of course been using using there own separate 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years prior to the Roman people (and their calendars) even existing. This means the Roman Julian 7 day week created in 45BC and the Israelite 7 day week going all the way back to creation are totally separate and therefore the Sabbath can not be calculated using our modern Julian/Gregorian calendar. This can be hard to understand but it makes perfect sense once you do.

The evidence is clear that the lunar Sabbath was gradually lost to history starting 70AD when the diaspora began to 359AD when Hillel II created the modern Jewish calendar and simply allowed the new Roman Julian 7 day rolling week to be used. This was because the Jews throughout the Roman Empire had been using the new Roman Julian 7 day rolling week for many generations before 359AD as it was by then the predominant calendar in use; And also because the lunar Sabbath could not be calculated as the Jews had been banned from living Jerusalem ever since the Simon Bar Kokhba revolt in 132AD, which meant they could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem and therefore could not know when each month really began and thus could not even know when the lunar Sabbaths really were. In addition in 325AD the Roman Emperor Constantine forced the Jews to worship on the pagan day called Saturday (named after the Roman god of agriculture; Saturnus).

If you want to know when the Sabbath really is please read either of these links:

https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book/

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

Guest Teditis

I think the fact that the Jewish Calendar (lunar) has been lost to time... it sorta ends the discussion.

We'll never know the actual dates of Jewish feasts, festivals and Sabbaths. Much less the actual dates

of the Creation.

That's why I have such little interest in hearing "Sabbath-keepers" arguments for it being necessary

to meet on Saturday in order to follow the "Law". They simply have no idea about the depth of the subject.

2 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I think the fact that the Jewish Calendar (lunar) has been lost to time... it sorta ends the discussion.

We'll never know the actual dates of Jewish feasts, festivals and Sabbaths. Much less the actual dates

of the Creation.

That's why I have such little interest in hearing "Sabbath-keepers" arguments for it being necessary

to meet on Saturday in order to follow the "Law". They simply have no idea about the depth of the subject.

That's not true. The fact is the Lunar Sabbath has always been there and still is there and can be easily calculated and in fact is calculated by thousands of people both Jewish and Christian  every day. All you have to do is learn how it works:  https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/sabbath-isnt-on-sun-or-sat/

Guest Teditis
18 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

That's not true. The fact is the Lunar Sabbath has always been there and still is there and can be easily calculated and in fact is calculated by thousands of people both Jewish and Christian  every day. All you have to do is learn how it works:  https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/sabbath-isnt-on-sun-or-sat/

It is true and even your link shows it to be true. (Which states in it's title that the Sabbath isn't on Sat. or Sun.)

"The Jewish calendar used today was created in 359 AD by Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II, in response to what these Roman Emperors had done. Because the Jews could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem Hillel calendar employs a repeating 19 year lunar mathematical calculation that approximates the timing of each new moon sighting from Jerusalem."

You see? It's approximation and speculative thinking... none of it can be proven accurate. Read your sources.

7 minutes ago, Teditis said:

It is true and even your link shows it to be true. (Which states in it's title that the Sabbath isn't on Sat. or Sun.)

"The Jewish calendar used today was created in 359 AD by Sanhedrin Rabbi Hillel II, in response to what these Roman Emperors had done. Because the Jews could no longer sight the new moon from Jerusalem Hillel calendar employs a repeating 19 year lunar mathematical calculation that approximates the timing of each new moon sighting from Jerusalem."

You see? It's approximation and speculative thinking... none of it can be proven accurate. Read your sources.

No no no, you're missing the whole point, I'm talking about the ancient Jewish calendar please read all of the link and watch if you want to understand it because at the moment you don't know what I'm talking about at all. 

Guest Teditis

I'm talking about the Ancient Jewish calendar too... it's been lost to time.

They can't calculate lunar phases, as seen over Jerusalem, for the past... it just can't be done.

The moon runs in phases that are not exact, see? Especially over a particular geographic area.

Likewise, similar to Hillel's calculations, all "new" approaches will fail because of the same obstacles,

see?

So if you're using "God's calendar", the phases of the Moon... you must keep track of each occurrence of the

New Moon and then it's first siting after that. All that information is lost to time during the Diaspora, if not 

before then. It's simply lost to time and there is nothing that can go back through history for us to "back-track"

those occurrences. You're falling for a gimmick to sell a book.

9 hours ago, Teditis said:

I'm talking about the Ancient Jewish calendar too... it's been lost to time.

They can't calculate lunar phases, as seen over Jerusalem, for the past... it just can't be done.

The moon runs in phases that are not exact, see? Especially over a particular geographic area.

Likewise, similar to Hillel's calculations, all "new" approaches will fail because of the same obstacles,

see?

So if you're using "God's calendar", the phases of the Moon... you must keep track of each occurrence of the

New Moon and then it's first siting after that. All that information is lost to time during the Diaspora, if not 

before then. It's simply lost to time and there is nothing that can go back through history for us to "back-track"

those occurrences. You're falling for a gimmick to sell a book.

Anyone can see the moon from Jerusalem and know which is the new moon day each month. Look at this diagram; 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lunar+solar+sabbath+calendar&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG6MPH49zXAhURoKQKHUThA5AQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=908#imgrc=XJ3hs-bydS0v8M:

Sabbaths fall on every 7th day after new moon day, that is how it works. I am not selling anything. you have simply not read and or understood what is presented. Watching this will help you understand, you need only watch the first 11 minutes as the rest is not true:   

Edit: Video deleted, videos are to be in the video section of the forums only

Guest Teditis
20 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Anyone can see the moon from Jerusalem and know which is the new moon day each month. Look at this diagram; 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lunar+solar+sabbath+calendar&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG6MPH49zXAhURoKQKHUThA5AQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=908#imgrc=XJ3hs-bydS0v8M:

Sabbaths fall on every 7th day after new moon day, that is how it works. I am not selling anything. you have simply not read and or understood what is presented.   

It wasn't calculated by the 7th day after the New Moon, it was the 7th Day after the New Moon which the Moon could be observed.

It's called the "Waxing Crescent". When they first saw the Waxing Crescent, they would count 7 days... that was Sabbath.

There's no way for us (humans) to calculate that because the crescent is subject to show itself in varying degrees... sometimes too

thin to see by the naked eye, see? There are no computer programs that can take all that into account and back-date it's history

for Millennia, regardless of what people might say.

And I see that you are posting SDA videos (btw Videos aren't allowed in this section, you might want to remove it.) anyway, I feel

that the SDA's are overly biased on this issue.

8 minutes ago, Teditis said:

It wasn't calculated by the 7th day after the New Moon, it was the 7th Day after the New Moon which the Moon could be observed.

It's called the "Waxing Crescent". When they first saw the Waxing Crescent, they would count 7 days... that was Sabbath.

There's no way for us (humans) to calculate that because the crescent is subject to show itself in varying degrees... sometimes too

thin to see by the naked eye, see? There are no computer programs that can take all that into account and back-date it's history

for Millennia, regardless of what people might say.

And I see that you are posting SDA videos (btw Videos aren't allowed in this section, you might want to remove it.) anyway, I feel

that the SDA's are overly biased on this issue.

You miss understand everything again. I am not SDA. That video is not SDA. It is anti-SDA. If you had of watch it explains exactly what I now think you're trying to explain here: "It wasn't calculated by the 7th day after the New Moon, it was the 7th Day after the New Moon which the Moon could be observed." (This sentence actually contradicts itself too???)  My God can't you read, or write??? I think I'm just going to go to bed. Hopefully I will be able to talk to someone else tomorrow who can read and understand all this. Please don't reply you just don't get anything. Hopeless. 

Guest Teditis

My reading/writing abilities and comprehension is far above average actually, so I'm sure that the miscommunication is on your part.

It's your misunderstanding of how Moon Phases work that has you so confused... plus your obsession with the topic itself. You read a

little something on the internet and take it as Gospel-truth, when it isn't. It's a gimmick to sell a book and you follow this false teaching

as if it comes from the Bible, haha. But as the Bible says, people will come to believe in strong delusions in the end times... I'll leave you to it.