• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

The whole point is : we didn't save ourselves, therefore we can't unsave ourselves. :24:

....smiles....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!!! :noidea::huh:

Now hon......let's chat about your quoting. :24: You always have to have an open quote at the beginning and a close quote at the end of what you are copying to respond to. I know this because I used to do exactly what you're doing. Drove me nuts :huh: until I figured it out.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Thanx Deez :huh:

Could you explain what you mean by open and close quote? :noidea:

....smiles...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

Thanx Deez  :24:

Could you explain what you mean by open and close quote?  :24:

....smiles...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure. Sorry about that. :24: When you see a post you want to respond to, you hit the respond button. That post automatically comes up in the window. You'll notice the word 'quote' at the beginning of what was copied there. There should also be the word 'quote' at the end of what was copied there. You start typing after that.

When I responded to you, I just hit 'respond' and then the next page came up (where I'm typing). I just make sure I'm typing underneath what was copied. I think I'm being confusing. :24: Just leave all the weird words alone (right, snapback, quote) and start typing below them.

If you want to delete some of the persons response and just keep a little bit of it, you just highlight and delete what you want and leave the rest......But the first and last words of what was copied has to be 'quote.' If it's not, move your curser to the correct area and then hit the 'quote' button.

:huh: I didn't realize how difficult this was to explain! I'm doing a horrible job of explaining it! Did any of that make sense? :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Thanx Deez

Guest daddy

of the tracts issue:i was saved by reading the salvation prayer on a tract aprox. 4 yrs. ago.as long as you accept christ in your heart is all that matters not how it was done.their are many ways of accepting christ in your heart.

only through the holy spirit we are able to love jesus, man cannot love spirit on his own.

confession leads to repentance.confess sins daily.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

What is ment by "repent" in the context of sin? To turn from what? Thinking that its OK to live for sin and agree with God that you need his Holy Spirit to guide you away from sins or sinful patterns? Or is it actually not sinning anymore? If its the latter, who will be saved? I sin and you sin and I don't need to hear that sin can be an accident. It's on purpose. Lets be real. I can only go to God every day and aknowledge my sin and ask Him to give me the strength to overcome the next time temptation comes.

I can't make the promise that I won't sin again because I(by faith) have to fight it daily. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. I don't want to lose. I really really don't. But somehow I get the feeling that I will battle with sin for the rest of my life. Before I asked Jesus to save me I didn't battle with sin. I was dedicated to it!

God spoiled my sin party by giving me his Holy Spirit to convict me. I just don't understand why someone who has trusted Christ would just say " OK... I dont want

God or Heaven anymore. Depart from me so I can burn in hell". If you do, are you really saved in the first place? Really? Is that loving God? Did you really mean it when you asked God to change you? Who does the changing anyway? You or Him?

Here is my question. Do you flee from sin so you can be saved or because you ARE saved? Which of these two indicates true love for God?

Dan

Keep in mind that there were two apostles named Judas. One was named Judas Iscariot, the one we are talking about.

Judas Iscariot was an apostle, yet the Bible says he will perish

Keep in mind that there were two apostles named Judas. One was named Judas Iscariot, the one we are talking about.

Judas Iscariot was an apostle, yet the Bible says he will perish

How can I push reply once and get 2 posts? How is this?

Dan

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I had not intended to chime into this discussion. I am of those who believe the scriptures teach the security of the believer (perseverance of the saints) whatever you wish to call it. I tend to avoid the term "once saved, always saved" for it belittles the precious doctrine and really provides no useful understanding. I do not think those who disagree with me on this topic are unsaved (with the exception of some extremists) or that they are unlearned, only that there is a misunderstanding. And I respect many who question the doctrine knowing that most do so out of a desire to root out false confessors and forbid shame from being brought to the name Christian and the blood which has so wonderfully purchased us. But I still do not agree with them....

In previous posts I read that Ananias and Judas were put forth as evidence that salvation can be lost. I would point out that physical death is no indication of loss of salvation. ALL men will die because of sin: myself, you, the apostles. That some have had their lives cut short for sin provides no evidence of eternal damnation any more than our own deaths do. Did not some in Corinth fall ill and some die at the disrespect shown to the Lord's supper? Yet even in this Paul gives no implication that their judgement is of eternal effect. I expect this will require more comment, but I'll stop here for now.

I must also agree with those who have stated already concerning Judas that he was a devil, a thing known to Jesus from the beginning. None with such a title could have eternal life residing in them. No evidence is given that he had such.

I do , however, see that misapplied/abused, the doctrine of security can provide false hope to those who should have none as well as stagnate the growth infants ( I refer to infancy in faith).

I look forward to reading more and hope that disagreement over this will not affect our love for eachother or remove focus from the source of our salvation.

In Christ,

Eric