Quasar93

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

In hunting around on the web, I found the following info that fully supports the video, "In Search of Eden," I saw about six years ago. It was on the TLC channel, however. I hope the following works:

The emphasized areas of the above quote are indicators that this part of the Fertile Crescent was settled and developed first, consistent with the Genesis record.

Fig. 1

Location of Eden

In the area a number of rivers have their source, including the Tigris and Euphrates. One of the four rivers named is said to flow about the land of Cush, but this is only one of several localities named Cush which are known to have existed. The best known of these later came to be identified with Ethiopia. But Ethiopia was not the only Cush. There was evidently one locality of this name in the Highland Zone. Pison has been identified with a certain river Phasis known to the ancient Greeks, which rose in the Caucasus and flowed into the Black Sea. Havilah is perhaps that area known by this name between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, where gold and precious stones have been found. Jason, whose name is associated with the "Golden Fleece" (probably a sheepskin used to filter the gold from the streams of that area) went to Colchis, a district through which the river Phasis (Pazhum or Uizhum) flowed. Gihon is more obscure, but possibly could be the Araxes or Aras river which originates in the highlands and flows into the Caspian Sea.

"The edin remains today one of the lushest regions of the Middle East:
thick soil, fruit orchards and vineyards, lazy meandering rivers."

The art of Urartu contained abundant depictions referring to the sacred tree, images of sacred trees guarded by seraphim and genii and sometimes attended by a king or kings. See Fig 2 and 3 below.

Fig 2 & 3 Sacred Tree images on Helmet and Jar.

Sorry, the maps did not show up on the CRU foremat. But you can go to www.accuracyingenesis.com and click on Ararat to get the full scenario.

And very interesting it is!

Quasar 93

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Like you I find this subject interesting. I encountered others here that think its a waste of time, not worth a post or thought. I did not see the word Eden on the site you provided; do i need to search for it there?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,562
  • Content Per Day:  2.68
  • Days Won:  1

All traces of it was no doubt wiped out by Noah's flood.

I've seen theories and speculations proposing it's now under the northern part of the Persian Gulf. I've heard theories it encompassed the later borders of Israel, and that Jerusalem would have been its center. 

One thing to keep in mind is; very often when people migrated (think Noah, Ham, Shem and Japheth), they renamed rivers, mountains and areas they were familiar with and lived at. You can see it's common practice even here in the US with towns, rivers and cities named after the country they migrated from. 

Who knows? But it stands to reason in my mind the promised land would be my #1 pick.