• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Davida said:

, there is ONLY ONE mediator -- JESUS CHRIST. 

I agree.  But this does not mean that I or Mary can intercede for other.  Intercession is biblical!  St Paul says so!

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Romans 8:  26-27,

V 26,Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intersession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 

27, And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 

Romans 8:34,  Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Hebrews 7:25-26,   V 25, Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 

26, For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Isiah 53:  12, Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors.

No Mention of Mary anywhere in Scripture interceding for anyone?

1 Timothy....good grief

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

No you don't agree.   ONE Mediator means only one.   JESUS no one else is capable. 

You are being dishonest.  How are you claiming mary is interceding ???? is she knitting you a sweater??  no...   by mediating between you and God. 

No, I contend that I can pray for your intentions and that Mary can also pray for your intentions.  Dont tell me you dont pray for family and freinds.

There is no difference between me asking you to pray for me and me asking Mary to pray for me (except the fact that her faith is infinately greater than yours)

Edited by Concretecamper

9 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

No, I contend that I can pray for you intentions and that Mary can also pray for your intentions.  Dont tell me you dont pray for family and freinds

Please provide scripture to support your claim that a dead lady can answer prayer. Thus far I have yet to see you post any support for your claims. 

I would also like to reiterate to you that your words are empty rhetoric without scripture to support your claim. You may feel more comfortable on a catholic site where you can tickle ears and have your ears tickled. This is a biblical site where scripture is used to support what we believe.  

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

1 Timothy....good grief

My last post went straight over your head.

1 Timothy 2:1-5

1, I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 

(That's the apostles praying to Jesus Christ for intercessions, not praying to Mary or asking her to interceed.)

2, For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 
    3, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 
    4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 
    5, For there is ONE GOD AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MEN, THE MAN JESUS CHRIST.

Edited by HAZARD

I provided scriptural support from Romans 8 and 1 Timothy

Just now, Concretecamper said:

No you didnt. God is not a God of confusion. God would make it quite clear if he wanted us praying to dead mortals. You googled and came up empty handed. Look this scripture up: 2 timothy 2:15

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Praying for your Intentions is asking in prayer .  You go to Mary or dead Roman Catholic saints

I pray to God, I ask my freinds and family to pray for me, and I ask the saints in Heaven to pray for me.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

A True Follower of the Lord Jesus Christ   only Goes to the LORC GOD in prayer through grace

Then this type of follower doesnt follow the Bible.

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are a deceived Roman Catholic and following false teachings of the Fallen Roman Catholic CHurch. 

Read the BIBLE and believe it and Follow what IT teaches ignore what the Pope says, or the lies you've been taught by the Priests. 

By continuing in that behavior you are rebelling against scripture and sinning against GOD by your actions by praying to dead RC saints and to Mary.

I am a member of His Church, I read the bible ( 73 books) and follow it as did the Early Church fathers.  God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

1 Timothy 2:1-5

1, I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 

(That's the apostles praying to Jesus Christ for intercessions, not praying to Mary or asking her to intercede.)

2, For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 
    3, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 
    4, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 

Look >>>>>>   5, For there is ONE GOD AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MEN, THE MAN JESUS CHRIST. <<<<<<<Look

4 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

God is not a God of confusion

Tell that to the 10's of thousands protestant denominations??