• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  827
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

You go ahead and google the texts and come up with a website I allegedly copied this from.

You never answered my question, Do you have any scriptures which teach that any of the 66 books of the Bible were not inspired by God? 

Typical response, like asking Judge Kavanaugh to prove he didn't sexually assault anyone.  You cannot prove a negative.  But it is easy for most of us to prove a positive.  Again, prove to me 1Peter is inspired.

Edited by Concretecamper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Concretecamper said:

Typical response, like asking Judge Kavanauh to prove he did sexually assault anyone.  You cannot prove a negative.  But it is easy for most of us to prove a positive.  Again, prove to me 1Peter is inspired.

Typical catholic answer, Prove to us its not!

Is this in your Bible?

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 

So if all scripture is given by inspiration of God, then 1 Peter is inspired by God.

If you don't believe the Scriptures are inspired by God then you don't believe in God. You believe the catholic church alone saves.

idolatry-mary_worship.jpgSatan is a master of deception!!! The Word of God states in 2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Catholicism preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL and has ANOTHER SPIRIT. The Gospel (Catechism) of Catholicism REQUIRES a person to be water baptized into the Catholic Church to go to Heaven. Catholics are also REQUIRED to keep the Seven Sacraments to go to Heaven. These Sacraments include being confirmed by the priest, regular confession to the priest, regular observance of the Holy Eucharist with the priest, last rites by the priest, et cetera. The Catholic means of salvation; therefore, weighs heavily upon the Catholic priest

Catholics are also REQUIRED to do good works to go to Heaven. Ask the average Catholic about faith verses works and they'll admit that they're trusting in FAITH AND WORKS to save them (which Romans 11:6 states is impossible). Romans 4:5 states in no uncertain terms, “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

When James spoke of being justified by “works,” he was clearly speaking about being justified in the eyes of MEN ... “I will shew thee my faith by my works” (James 2:18). Also, James was writing to believers; not the unsaved (James 2:1, “My Brethren...”). With God we are justified by faith; but with men by works, because men cannot see our heart as God can (1st Samuel 16:7). 

Here is PROOF that James wasn't teaching works salvation ... “Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?” (James 2:21). Isaac? We read in Genesis 15:6 concerning Abraham, “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.” Abraham was saved by faith alone in the Lord. Isaac wasn't even born until Genesis 21:3. Clearly, James is referring to two different types of justification here. In Genesis 15, Abraham is justified with God by faith ALONE; BUT in Genesis 22, Abraham's faith is justified by works in the eyes of men. 

Idol Worship!

Catholicism's spirit is one of idolatrous adoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, it is a spirit of demonism (1st Timothy 4:1), as is evident by the vain repetition of 53 "Hail Marys" in a standard Rosary prayer. Jesus condemned vain repetitious prayers (Matthew 6:7). Yet, they moan like a cult of Satan worshippers. Catholics have statues galore. Oh, how rebellious and sinful are the hearts of Catholics! They have religion without truth, churchianity without Christianity, and crucifixes without Christ. 

catholic_idolaters.jpg

“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...” —Exodus 20:5

pope4.jpg

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” —Philippians 2:10

Don't tell me that Catholicism doesn't worship Mary!!! The above photo says it all. Pope John Paul II worshipped Our Lady of Fatima (Mary) and not the Lord Jesus Christ. Again below...

popepray.jpg

The average Catholic is brainwashed with Catechism training and knows little about the Bible. The Word of God is clear that we are to bow at the name of Jesus (and NO other).

Just now, HAZARD said:

Typical catholic answer, Prove to us its not!

Is this in your Bible?

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 

So if all scripture is given by inspiration of God, then 1 Peter is inspired by God.

If you don't believe the Scriptures are inspired by God then you don't believe in God. You believe the catholic church alone saves.

It has already been stated on this thread (not by me) that ALL Scripture as stated in Timothy does not include the NT.

Let's see, prove to me the value of pi.  Well the proof is becasue this book tells me it is so.  Do you see how hollow that answer is? 

5 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

idolatry-mary_worship.jpgSatan is a master of deception!!! The Word of God states in 2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Catholicism preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL and has ANOTHER SPIRIT. The Gospel (Catechism) of Catholicism REQUIRES a person to be water baptized into the Catholic Church to go to Heaven. Catholics are also REQUIRED to keep the Seven Sacraments to go to Heaven. These Sacraments include being confirmed by the priest, regular confession to the priest, regular observance of the Holy Eucharist with the priest, last rites by the priest, et cetera. The Catholic means of salvation; therefore, weighs heavily upon the Catholic priest

Catholics are also REQUIRED to do good works to go to Heaven. Ask the average Catholic about faith verses works and they'll admit that they're trusting in FAITH AND WORKS to save them (which Romans 11:6 states is impossible). Romans 4:5 states in no uncertain terms, “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

When James spoke of being justified by “works,” he was clearly speaking about being justified in the eyes of MEN ... “I will shew thee my faith by my works” (James 2:18). Also, James was writing to believers; not the unsaved (James 2:1, “My Brethren...”). With God we are justified by faith; but with men by works, because men cannot see our heart as God can (1st Samuel 16:7). 

Here is PROOF that James wasn't teaching works salvation ... “Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?” (James 2:21). Isaac? We read in Genesis 15:6 concerning Abraham, “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.” Abraham was saved by faith alone in the Lord. Isaac wasn't even born until Genesis 21:3. Clearly, James is referring to two different types of justification here. In Genesis 15, Abraham is justified with God by faith ALONE; BUT in Genesis 22, Abraham's faith is justified by works in the eyes of men. 

Idol Worship!

Catholicism's spirit is one of idolatrous adoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, it is a spirit of demonism (1st Timothy 4:1), as is evident by the vain repetition of 53 "Hail Marys" in a standard Rosary prayer. Jesus condemned vain repetitious prayers (Matthew 6:7). Yet, they moan like a cult of Satan worshippers. Catholics have statues galore. Oh, how rebellious and sinful are the hearts of Catholics! They have religion without truth, churchianity without Christianity, and crucifixes without Christ. 

catholic_idolaters.jpg

“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God...” —Exodus 20:5

pope4.jpg

“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth” —Philippians 2:10

Don't tell me that Catholicism doesn't worship Mary!!! The above photo says it all. Pope John Paul II worshipped Our Lady of Fatima (Mary) and not the Lord Jesus Christ. Again below...

popepray.jpg

The average Catholic is brainwashed with Catechism training and knows little about the Bible. The Word of God is clear that we are to bow at the name of Jesus (and NO other).

Copy and paste again I see.  Formatting when this is done sometimes messes up.

Oh, I forgot, you dont do that.

Edited by Concretecamper

Fine, so far Davida and Hazard are in a circular argument going nowhere.

I am ceasing this back and forth and will only reply to enoob since he had a good response.

Edited by Concretecamper

2 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Copy and paste again I see.  Formatting when this is done sometimes messes up.

Oh, I forgot, you dont do that.

I admit that one because its the truth. You believe lies, sorry we cannot help you. Read the KJV of the Bible from cover to cover and get out of that Satanic cult before its too late. Jesus is coming back;

Matthew 7:21-23 , Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 
    22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
    23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 

4 minutes ago, Concretecamper said:

Fine, so far Davida and Hazard are in a circular argument going nowhere.

I am ceasing this back and forth and will only reply to enoob since he had a good response.

You have not given one scripture which proves 1 Peter or any other chapter and verse is not inspired, and you say we are in a circular argument going nowhere. That's a typical response I would expect from the Pope, a Cardinal, a Bishop, a priest, a nun, a marist brother and a duped catholic.

Z 161..jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Concretecamper said:

Thank you.  Do you recognize that the canon from Carthage contain 73 books...the same as the Roman Catholic Church?

I've added a more complete timeline for our freinds following this thread

http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/timeline-of-how-the-bible-came.php

I was specific to NT and the OT was long before decided by the Jews … the Jews never accepted the apocrypha! 
to search[snip]

Apocrypha are works, usually written, of unknown authorship or of doubtful origin.[1] Biblical apocrypha is a set of texts included in the Latin Vulgate and Septuagint but not in the Hebrew Bible. While Catholic tradition considers some of these texts to be deuterocanonical, Protestants consider them apocryphal. Thus, Protestant bibles do not include the books within the Old Testament but have often included them in a separate section. Other non-canonical apocryphal texts are generally called pseudepigrapha, a term that means "false writings".[2]   
[snip]

Edited by enoob57

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

I was specific to NT and the OT was long before decided by the Jews … the Jews never accepted the apocrypha! 

So are you saying Carthage got it right for the NT and got it wrong for the OT?