• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Yowm said:

They actually did something about the sin issue?...

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
(1Co 5:1-6)

Seems like Paul had to rebuke them for not applying Church discipline and then give them instructions to do so.

Yowm   i just don't know how to communicate to you.    SO this will end this conversation.

BUT I DONE said THEY DID, its THESE churches today that don't follow that pattern anymore . 

Good bye yowm    .   praise the Lord. 

• Group:  Mars Hill

5 hours ago, Butero said:

The early church was willing to receive correction, at least while the Apostle Paul was alive.  It is obvious that after Paul gave his judgment about the state their church was in, they heeded to what he said, based on 2 Corinthians.  It appears that the people really didn't know better, or certainly didn't know how to deal with sin.  They were a newly established congregation, and while we look at things like this and assume they had to know better, it looks like they didn't.  It took the Apostle Paul to get them on the right track, but there is no reason to think they didn't stay that way, at least for a time.  

And this is was is so needful today.   Remember how it said when certain men came from james

that peter started to fear the circumcision.   So he started separating the jews from gentiles

that even barnabas got carried away with this as well.     But look how fast everyone came back to their senses

when paul came and rebuked.   

Also in the letter to the Corinthians , a similar thing but far worse had happened.   one had his own fathers wife

and the rest of the church was doing nothing about that .   a lil leaven will lump the whole batch.  SO paul sent a letter

they sorrowed to repentance,  even separated the one man out ,   and by the second letter he too had sorrowed to repentance.

If men would get up and start doing something about the error and leaven,    I bet some would repent ,  others who had no intention would leave

either way the leaven could be stopped and those who sorrowed to repentance and those who remained would then be fed good meat .

The number One thing in any church should be the identical pattern JESUS set .   IF sound doctrine were taught and the other gifts used

for the purpose of building up and edifying the church,  we would see healthy spirit functioning memebers gathered.

And since we all know their will be errors , if those errors would corrected at the very start ,  it would keep more error and leaven from rising in

the churches.    This same pattern , the pattern that Christ first taught in all things,   Works.  Its the only pattern that does.

anything contrary to it begins a downward spiral that gets worse and worse and as time goes on so much leaven their remains

no evidence they even Follow Christ anymore , cept in name only.    Be blessed .

• Group:  Mars Hill

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Sure sounded like you said that 'the one thing they (Early Church) had that you haven't found in one church (today's Church) you have visited were real men that actually do something about the sin issue...' In which I quoted 1Cor 5 showing it wasn't necessarily so with the early church.

Anyhow, be it as you wish.

Oh dear,   that was on me.    I thought you had thought that i was saying their wasn't .   

My brain was weary last night .   And whatever i got i aint feeling better today.    A sore throat and my body is tired.

Anyhow sorry yowm.    My head feels almost like i am still asleep .    Guess its a cold sneaking up.   I aint been sick in a long time.

Praise the Lord yowm .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, GreyDestiny said:

Is it so wrong to believe that one must adhere to both law and faith?

Yes because that makes the cross of Christ pointless.

Now we dont have the right under God to sin with impunity but when we do fall into sin we have the shed blood of Jesus Christ to cover us. We obey the law out of love for Him not because the law saves us which it doesnt. Salvation is a FREE GIFT, not of works lest any man should boast

Scripture is plenty clear that the law though not evil in itself leads to death because it makes us aware of our sinful nature. The law was NEVER meant to save. 

The path to Christ is a particularly difficult one. A well known TV evangelist (Paul Washer) I sometimes listen to likens it to occasionally one step forward two steps back, three steps forward one step back etc etc. As one draw closer to God one draws more and more away from this world but it will always be a difficult path, beset with obstacles that will occasionally make us stumble. NOT fall, but trip up a little.

Legalists like the SDAs and Jehovahs Witnesses all seem to believe that if one doesnt have perfect obedience to the law then you cannot call yourself saved, and that is just wrong. They make the cross of Christ to none effect. Nowhere in the bible does it say that Christ and the Law saves. 

Yes James does say faith without works is dead but works are the fruits of faith, and it is still that faith that comes first, not the law.

Sorry, my thoughts here are coming out a bit haphazardly, but I never was a very good writer

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

If I don't use the word  "legalism", if the word is not in my vocabulary, if I could care less who wins the best "legalism definition" award, am I a lesser Christian?

"Legalism (or nomism), in Christian theology, is the act of putting the Law of Moses above the gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond faith (trust) in Jesus Christ and reducing the broad, inclusive, and general precepts of the Bible to narrow and rigid moral codes"

"The words 'legalism' or 'legalist' do not occur in the Old or New Testaments. Legalism's root word, "law" (Greek nomos), occurs frequently in the New Testament, and sometimes is interpreted as legalism."

LAW/ Legalism      Why is it I see so many different personal opinions as to the meaning of a word, with not much agreement? It's not in the bible.  Seems this word creates/ignites strong personal opinions, for what purpose?

"The word “legalism” does not occur in the Bible. It is a term Christians use to describe a doctrinal position emphasizing a system of rules and regulations for achieving both salvation and spiritual growth. Legalists believe in and demand a strict literal adherence to rules and regulations. Doctrinally, it is a position essentially opposed to grace. Those who hold a legalistic position often fail to see the real purpose for law, especially the purpose of the Old Testament law of Moses, which is to be our “schoolmaster” or “tutor” to bring us to Christ"       this one from gotquestions.org