• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

THE ESSENCE OF GOD.

GOD FATHER.

It is written about GOD:

Psalm 90.2

2.Before the mountains were born, or You did give birth to the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are GOD.

(Psalm 90.2) (Isaiah 43.10.13, 48.12) (Micah 5.2) (John 1.14, 8.58, 10.30, 14.28, 17.5.24) (To Ephesians 1.4) (To Colossians 1.15.17) (2Timothy 1.9) (To Hebrews 1.1-2.6).

From Everlasting to Everlasting means there is no beginning and no end. Literally GOD Himself is Eternity and has no source of His Own beginning and no end of His existence. Of course, it is hard to grasp and hard to comprehend for human beings such a Being Who has no beginning and no end, but we have to accept it as it is written.

So, GOD Himself is not a Creation of anyone and no anyone had gave Him beginning of existence, but He Himself is the Beginning of everything and the End of everything. The GOD Himself is the Eternity and literally has no time and space in which He exists, which also has no measure or reference points of His everlasting Being.

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD’S FIRST CREATION AND HIS COMPLETE IMAGE.

According to statements above we ask a question, “What GOD created first?” Logical answer will be, “A Son for Himself,” known to us as Jesus Christ, according to a verses below.

Colossians 1.15

15.”And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the First-Born of all creation.

Revelation 3.14

14."And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the Faithful, and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of GOD says this:”

Image means complete Replica of GOD, almost a Clone, containing all the qualities and powers of GOD in full, but with differences that the Son has free will.

John 5.26

26.”Just as the Father had life in Himself, so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself.”

John 10.18

18.”No one has taken it (My Life) away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and have authority to take it up again. This Commandment I received from My Father.”

Jesus Christ has been created by GOD, Who is known to us as the Father, because When He created a Son for Himself, He Himself became a Father, just like people on Earth accustom to do.

2Corinthinas 4.4
4.”in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the Light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ Who is the Image of GOD.”

Hebrew 1.3

3.”And He (Jesus Christ) is the radiance of His (Father's) Glory and the exact representation of His (Father's) Nature.”

Hebrews 5.9

9.”and  (Jesus Christ, the Son of GOD) having been Made Perfect He became the Source of Eternal Salvation for all who obey Him,”

Jesus truly is the Perfect Being (Hebrews 5.9), because He is the Perfect Image of His Perfect Father GOD. From the Perfect Being can come only other Perfect. Also paying attention to the word “made” in the same verse, certainly and undoubtedly means “created,” or “given birth to,” or “given life to,” or “given existence to.” All of it have the same meaning and pointed to one single conclusion that the Jesus Christ indeed is the very First Creation of GOD.

1John 5.1

1.”Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been Born of GOD, and everyone who loves the Parent, loves the Child.”

THE GOD FATHER AND THE JESUS CHRIST ARE THE SAME IN HOLY SPIRIT AND IN POWER.

So now we have Two Divine Beings, the Father and the Son, Both are completely identical because They are thinking the same, They are saying the same, and They are doing the same as One Person. They have same process of thought and act as One Single Individual. This is why Jesus Christ constantly repeated and taught saying, “I and the Father are One.”

John 10.30.38

30.”I and the Father are One.

38.But if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand, that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."

John 14.7.9-10.20

7.”If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also, from now on, you know Him  (the Father) and have seen Him (the Father)."

9.Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, how do you say, 'Show us the Father'? (John 12.45, 14.9)

10.Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My Own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

20.In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.”

John 17.11.21-22

11.”And I am no more in the world, and yet, they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, *the name which You have given Me (KSB), that they may be one as We are One.

*"those whom You have given Me" - Gideon and Russian Bibles.

21.That they may all be one, as You Father in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, that the world may believe that You did sent Me.

22.And the glory which You have given Me, I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are One.”

THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE HOLY SPIRIT.

There is certain misconception about the Holy Spirit, and some people think that the Holy Spirit is some kind of separate Entity from GOD Father and His Son Jesus Christ, which is quite false impression of reality of things and the nature of GOD. The Holy Spirit means - the Holy Spirit of the Father and the Son. Because the Father and the Son Are One, and so Their Holy Spirit is One, because They Are Both has the same Holy Spirit.

So when we read in the Bible “the Holy Spirit,” all the time it means the Father and the Son. And no matter there the Son or the Father is, They Are always connected by the same Holy Spirit, One Life in Both of Them.

Matthew 28.18-20

19."Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit,”

This verse above means that we cannot Baptize anyone only in the Father, or only in the Son, or only in the Holy Spirit, but we do Baptizing in all Three of Them at the same time as One, otherwise our Baptism will be invalid.

THE GOD FATHER ALWAYS HIGHER THAN HIS SON.

Another issue about people argues a lot is the issue of the status of the Father and His Son, Who among them is higher? Some Christians believe that They Are Both the same and equal in everything, and there is no any differences between Them, and some claiming that Jesus Christ is the same GOD as His Father GOD. This is true but only to a certain extend. Indeed, They Are the same GODS with the same powers, because GOD Father when He created Himself a Son (see verses above) He gave to His Son His full powers, and in this respect They became the same GODS with the same powers, but here Their similarity ends.

1. Because One of them has no beginning and no end, this means, that He is from everlasting to everlasting, He is the absolute GOD, and no one can be equal of higher than He. He is the One Who existed before any other form of life could existed, and by this notion alone He is the Supreme and Highest GOD-BEING, and Has no equal to Himself.

2. But when He created Himself a Son, He became a Father, just like it happens on Earth, and because of it, by complete and undisputed definition of the status “Father,” no one in the family can be higher than He. Understanding that no one created everlasting GOD, the Son that He had created in His Own image is His Own Creation, and Jesus Christ by all means is the very first Creation of GOD, and because of this, Jesus Christ cannot be in any way be equal to His Father in this matter.

Jesus Himself never challenged the status of His Father as His Head. But by saying: “I and the Father Are One,” Jesus only meant that They are equal GODS in the Holy Spirit and in power, but not in status, or in priority of existence, or in Heavenly hierarchy, or in Their Own Family Unit.

1Corinthians 11.3
 3.”But I want you to understand that Christ is the Head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and GOD (GOD Father) is the Head of Christ.

John 14.28

28.”You heard that I said to you, 'I go away and I will come to you.' If you love Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father, THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.'

Practically there is no place in the Bible there is GOD Father ever call His Son as GOD. He call Him as “My Angel” and by a number of other names, but never as GOD.

And so is Jesus Christ, always referred to His Creator as My GOD or My Father, indicating by this that He is subordinate, submissive, obedient, and complied to His Father in everything, which means that He is step below the Highest Order of Heavenly beings, and in Heaven Jesus Christ seat at the right hand of His Father, as His second in charge and in authority.

Psalm 45.7

7.”You loved righteousness and hated wickedness, therefore GOD, Your GOD, has anointed You with the oil of joy above Your fellows.” (Hebrew 1.9).

Micah 5.3-4

4.”And He (Jesus Christ) will arise and shepherd His flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord His GOD. And they will remain, because at that time He will be great to the ends of the Earth.”

John 20.17

17.Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My GOD and your GOD."

Hebrews 1.9

9.”You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness, therefore GOD, Your GOD, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your companions." (Psalm 45.7).

Revelation 3.12

12.”He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the Temple of My GOD, and he will not go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of My GOD, and the name of the city of My GOD the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of Heaven from My GOD, and My new name.”

JESUS CHRIST IS THE CREATOR OF THE WORLDS.

Because Jesus Christ has identical Holy Spirit and the same powers of the Father, given to Him by His Father, through His Son GOD Father created all the worlds, the Earth and the Cosmos, and Heaven itself.

1Corinthians 8.6

6.”yet, for us is One GOD the Father from Whom are all things, and for Whom we exist, and One Lord Jesus Christ through Whom are all things, and though Whom we exist.” (John 1.3) (1Corinthians 8.6) (Colossian 1.16-17) (Hebrews 1.2).

Colossians 1.15-18

15.And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the First-Born of all creation.

16.By Him (by Christ) all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created by Him and for Him.

17.And He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. (John 1.3) (1Corinthians 8.6) (Colossian 1.16-17) (Hebrews 1.2)

To Hebrews 1.1-2

1.”GOD (Father), after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,

2.in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, Whom He appointed Heir of all things, through Whom (the Christ) also He (Father) made the worlds.”

JESUS CHRIST IS THE CREATOR OF THE LAW.

This means that if Jesus Christ by the power of His Father GOD created the worlds, so He then is the Creator of the Earth and of human kind. And if Jesus Christ created with His Father the Earth and human kind, then He also participated with His Father as One GOD in the creation of the Law, which He (Father and Son – One  GOD) gave to Moses, and also led Israel in the desert into the promised land of Canaan.

Exodus 23.20-23

20."Behold, I am going to send an Angel before you to guard you along the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.

21.Be on your guard before Him and obey His voice, do not be rebellious toward Him, He will not pardon your transgressions, since My name is in Him (John 5.43).

THE LAW OF MOSES IS THE LAW OF GOD FATHER AND HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

So in this sense the Law of Moses is not only the Law created by the Father, but also created and by His Son Jesus, Together as One GOD. As Jesus pointed a number of times that They are the One, so They Are is One GOD Who created the Law and gave it to Moses. And this is why when Jesus Christ taught, preached, and spoke to the people, He spoke and taught only of the Law that He and His Father gave it to Moses, and nothing else. All His words and all His commandments to the last, all are directly or indirectly referring, pointed, and related to the entire Law of Moses and to the Prophets.

Jesus Christ indeed perfected and improve some of the Spiritual Commandments of the Law according to His time and after, but He never discard any of the commandments of the Law, or add something new from Himself, it never happened.

Jesus, beside His Sacrifice on the cross, also came to fulfill His Own Law, in order to show human beings an example that despite the fact that He is the Son of GOD and the GOD Himself, He as GOD, also obeys and follows His Own Law, and by this He urged others to do the same, to obey the Law just like He had done it Himself.

Matthew 5.17-19

17."Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets. I have come not abolish but fulfill.

THREE TYPES OF THE LAWS IMPLANTED AND GIVEN TO HUMAN BEINGS.

According to the conscience of the people (preliminary Law of GOD) and the Law Moses and the Prophets, and the Spiritual Commandments of the Law of Moses, to which Jesus Christ taught and teach people, GOD Father through Jesus Christ will Judge the world.

Romans 2.14-16

14.When Gentiles who do not possess the Law do instinctively (by conscience) what the Law requires, these though not having the Law (the Law of Moses), are a Law to themselves.

15.They show that what the Law (the Law of Moses) requires is written on their hearts, to which their own conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts will accuse or perhaps excuse them,

16.on the day when according to my Gospel (in which Paul explained the Spiritual Laws of Moses introduced by Jesus Christ), GOD through Jesus Christ will judge the secret thoughts of all.

So here we have Three Levels of the Law:

The First Law is the Law of Conscience, implanted in the conscience of all human being from the birth, it is our Conscience.

The Second Law is the Law of Moses with its Physical Rituals and Spiritual Commandments, which is also given by GOD, but not implanted as the Law of conscience.

The Third Law is the Spiritual Law of Moses, literally the same Law of Moses, but without Physical Rituals and without certain physical ritualistic observances, but containing only Spiritual Commandments of the Law of Moses. This Law was preached, explained, taught, and delivered to the world by Jesus Christ while He lived on Earth.

To make it more clear, Jesus Chris did not brought any laws from Himself, but all the Commandments and Statutes he ever taught and teach people, all of them came from the Laws of the Old Testament, which are relevant, significant, applicable, important, and appropriate today, tomorrow, and forever. The only difference between the Old Law of Moses and its refined, precise, and accurate teaching of Christ is that the Jesus Christ deactivated all Physical Rituals of the Law of Moses disabling them, except few, and left only Spiritual Commandments of the Law, putting the Spiritual Laws of Moses on the next highest level of Spiritual Perfection, as it was originally intended by Him, but was delayed until appropriate time, until His physical life on Earth.

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, Alex2165 said:

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD’S FIRST CREATION AND HIS COMPLETE IMAGE

According to statements above we ask a question, “What GOD created first?” Logical answer will be, “A Son for Himself,” known to us as Jesus Christ, according to a verses below.

Colossians 1.15

15.”And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the First-Born of all creation.

Revelation 3.14

14."And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the Faithful, and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of GOD says this:”

This is a heretical treatment of Scripture.

Jesus was never created and there was never a time that Jesus did not exist.  "Firstborn" was an ancient title to indicate preeminence. It denotes rank and has nothing to do with being born.   In ancient times, a CEO would the be the "firstborn" of a company in that he is the chief over all of it. 

In Rev. 3:14, the term "beginning of the creation,"  does not mean that Jesus was the first creature God created, rather it refers to Jesus as but the originating source of creation through whom God works.   He is the source of creation, the one through whom God made universe (John 1:1-3, Col. 1:15-18 and Heb. 1:1-2). 

Jesus is God; He is as much God as God the Father and has been around as long as God the Father.  They are co-equal and co-eternal.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Sounds like JW junk to me. Pass.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Alex,

I think in all the detail you have gone through, you are not seeing clearly who the Son is and how he works within God with the Father and the Holy Spirit together as one.

Jesus was born like all of us (not conceived like us) lived a life like all of us and died, like all of us have or will. The physical body we see walking around in the bible was created. I think you are tending towards that in your post , however..

You have to keep in mind that within that body that lives in this physical world just like you and I was a spirit. That spirit was the Son of God that has lived in eternity past and will live forever. The unique thing about that spirit, the Son, is that as the Father chooses, the Son (that comes out, is born from God) will appear in the physical in which ever way the Father sees fit depending on how He wants to interact with the physical.

The Son manifested, became incarnate, Emmanuel, God with us, 2000 years ago as Jesus in a physical human body.

Anytime the Father chooses to interact in the physical it requires that God (the Father, through the Spirit, to the Son) creates, and it is the Son that creates.....not Jesus.

Col 1:15  The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 
Col 1:16  For by him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether they are kings, lords, rulers, or powers. All things have been created through him and for him. 

I'm splitting hairs here, regarding the name Jesus, but I think it has to be done because I have seen this misunderstanding many times. Yours is a classic example of thinking Jesus has been alive in eternity past when the reality is it is the Son, whom we identify in the physical between 0 and 34 A.D. as Jesus, that has been alive in the past.  

By understanding this we can then accept that ANYTHING created in the physical is the Son at work....a burning bush talking to Moses, a donkey talking to Balaam, even the earthly body of Jesus.

Having said that; the first thing we read created in the bible.........  

Gen 1:3  God said, "Let there be light!" So there was light........

Anything created is created by the Son.....the first thing created into the physical was words. We see coming out of God, the Son appearing as the words (logos)...."Let there be light". Those words were created before light was.

Again, I know it seems like I am splitting hairs but we have to keep in mind that the idea of a physical being named Jesus popping up here and there all through history is not possible. However, if we are talking about something super natural, something spiritual, which God is, it becomes conceivable and real but not in the way we are used to thinking based on the physical life we learn from.

The bible is full of examples, from start to finish, of God using the physical to draw our attention to and describe the spiritual. The body of Jesus was the physical way that the invisible spirit of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (God) could be seen by us.

Although I am not completely convinced of this way of thinking....it is generally accepted that the meaning of "the firstborn over all creation" is relating to the status of the firstborn son that would have all authority over all that is the fathers, it is about status and authority rather than birth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, Alex2165 said:

Colossians 1.15-18

15.And He (Jesus Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the First-Born of all creation.

16.By Him (by Christ) all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created by Him and for Him.

17.And He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. (John 1.3) (1Corinthians 8.6) (Colossian 1.16-17) (Hebrews 1.2)

Alex,

I have used my bible cross reference to try and find where the bible indicates Jesus Christ in the Colossions passage like you have in the verses you have above.

Is that from a bible or have you inserted the reference to the Christ into the verses?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

To Mike2

This passage of Colossians 1.15-18 came from KSB (Key Study Bible) edited by Spiros Zodhiates. I have several other Bibles such as KJV, NRSV, ESV, Gideons, and GNB, and in all of them this verse translated very much the same.

Concerning words “created” or “born” the meaning of these words remains the same. It actually does not matter which of these words you use in describing the “creation” or “birth” of Jesus Christ, which also may apply to any human being as well.

In the Bible are quite many such interchangeable words, but the meaning of the context always remains the same.

But of course when we talk about physical body it is always more appropriate to used such a word as “birth” or “born.”

But when it applied to spirits, the process of “birth” more appropriately can be call as “creation” because it is a different process to creating a different life form.

But again, in both cases, in “creation” or in “birth” the meaning of birth or creation of a new life remains the same, it just a figure of speech in one case or in another.

To John Robinson. “Christian writer”

If you called passages of the Bible a JW junk, then give us your “educated opinion as a Christian writer,” so far you said nothing concerning the issue. Above all I am not belonging to JW and have no idea about their point of view on the essence of GOD.

To Yowm and to Shiloh.

You guys can twist the words and jungle and bending them as much as you want, but the fact always be the fact.

Psalm 90.2, it is so far the most straight forward reference to GOD as being from everlasting to everlasting, means He has no beginning and no end, which means no one created Him or gave Him “birth,” because He always existed and He is the Eternity Himself.

On the other hand it never said about Jesus that He is from everlasting to everlasting, and about Whom only written that  He is the first Creation and He is the Image of GOD, and all of it directly point that indeed He is Creation of His Heavenly Father in His Father’s Image.

The definition of the Father and Son by itself reveals that the One is higher than another, and that the One gave “birth” to Another - His Son, just like people have it on Earth.

If Jesus is not the first Creation, then tell me who is?

Again, back to Colossians

Colossians 1.15.18

15.He (Jesus) is the Image of the invisible GOD, the Firstborn of all creation.

18.He is the head of the body, the church, He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, so that He might come to have First Place in everything.

Take a look at the last words of the verse 18, “First place in everything” which is means First Born (Created) before everything what was created, the very First!

It was written for you in black on white, what then you do not understand here and argue about it?