toddlermom

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I tithe and I enjoy every bit of it. I truly believe the blessings my husband and I have been receiving daily are because we freely and happily give to Yah.

Now I am however under a different situation then most of you. Those of you who attend a church regularly. My minister does not live off our tithes. They go into an account and they stay there. My minister works for Honda.

We did buy some land and Lord willing will be building a church of our own next year. The only times those funds are dispersed are if we need bibles or other supplies, we pay our rent, we have an outing, or if someone in the church needs some help.

I think a lot of the issues people have with tithing is because we see these people on tv with all their gold and diamonds and these huge cathedrals and honestly, that would turn me off too but I can't worry about those people.

Jen

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

our pastor, tithes,

his tithes are to my understanding more then what he is paid from the church.

when he took over the church 14 years ago, the church was having problems even paying the utilities, much less building the fellowship, today, we have construction on going for the second time since he took it over, this time to increase the size of the current sanctuary to about 9 times the size and to hold about three times the people. the new sanctuary will seat about half the town of Galena Kansas.

this only comes from those in the fellowship giving.

this fellowship also supports more missionaries then any other fellowship i have ever been witness to. and i believe that number is also increasing.

a previous fellowship i was a member of, was actually decreasing in size. as well as financially..... to support the minimum needs of this one each active paperwork member only had to give 12 bucks a week. and they were always hurting for money.... this is not those that attend and were not members, nor did this include those that were members but only came once a month or less....

I know that Paul supported his self in his missions/ministry, and alot of missionaries do, and so to alot of pastors.

i believe part of this is because we want the pastor to do all the work, and we are being bottle fed by the pastor. if we would all start eating on our own, and start harvesting on our own, our fellowships would grow, and the need for a tenth would actually decrease to keep the doors open.

i know of one church in KC Mo. that has a membership of about 1500 people, and also a private/Christian school, that is failing financially.... they are about to close their doors, why???? cause people are not givning even a 20th of what they are getting on increase.

if a fellowship has 1500 people/members, and each gives 1 dollar a week, that would be 6000 a month. and they are having trouble with utilities? and staff pay?

a fellowship such as this should be thriving with an abundance, so that it can be shared to missions local and abroad.

yea, if you give with a selfish heart, it does nothing for you in the Kingdom, but if you give with a glad heart, God will bless you, maybe not in money, but in a joyful heart...... and many other things as well.....

mike

Guest Fluffy the Cactus

I give what I can afford to give... and unfortunately when I DO go to church, which is rare due to my night shift schedule at work... it's usually not very much, but I don't think that God will condemn us if we don't give 10% of our pay, and, as my article essentially says, tithing of monies isn't scriptural. That isn't to say it's not a good thing. Recycling is a good thing, and it isn't in the bible (as far as I know), but I give what I can... :ph34r:

???:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  12/21/1968

It kind of bothers me when some believe that tithing 'money' isnt scriptural. IMHO, of course people in the o/t gave their tithes in their crops/livestock. They didnt have money like we do now. They didnt have utilities, car payments, daycare, credit card bills, insurance, etc etc etc. Much of what they lived on they raised themselves. I dont give 10% of my gross pay to my church. I actually give 15%, because I want to, not because no one told me to! I dont make that much money, and my husband and I have never had much, and lived paycheck to paycheck. The very least I can do, is to give Him the first part of what I do have. I havent always tithed. I was once of the opinion, "I cant afford to tithe, but I give a lot of time to the church". :-\ Well, time doesnt pay the bills, it doesnt pay the staff, or the utilities, etc etc. Unfortunately, the old addage 10% of the people do 90% of the work, also applies to tithing, although I'd like to believe that more than 10% of people in the church tithe.

Imagine, how our churches, and ministries would thrive if everyone tithed. Churches wouldnt be closing their doors, as unfortunately is the case sometimes, such as the church/school mentioned in a previous church.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

As God is faithful to us, why should we not be faithful to Him....

a good number of years ago, this man that attended our fellowship, was a new convert. a baby Christian. as he grew he asked about what this tithe thing was of one of the elders in the fellowship.

being he wanted to be a good Christian, he started giving 10 % of his income, and as his income increased, he gave more. at one point this man was giving 90% of his income ( yes, 90% ) and keeping 10%..... and he was keeping more income when he was keeping 10% then when he was giving only 10%......

this does not say that God will bless us with an increase such as this.... But God will Bless one with a Joyful Heart in giving....

it was mentions that Recycling is not in the Bible, but we do it ...... actually...... we are to do what we can do to preserve this earth.... we are to be stewards over this earth.....

what kind of steward is it that would squander all that he Lord has given them? not budgeting their income so that they can do for the Kingdom of God.

anyways,

those that are going to give, will continue to give, those that are not giving, but taking willl continue to take....

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The pharasees are having a hayday with this one

It's great how we can just turn the legalism on and off :cool::)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  72
  • Birthday:  04/04/1980

I just try to give cheerfully :huh:

Our income is so minimal we just give what we have left :b:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the reason that your income is so minimal is BECAUSE you JUST give God what is left over. This is exactly the reason that I started this thread. God says that if you will trust him(tithe your 10%) then he will pour out a blessing on you that you will not even be able to hold it....(let me clarify that i dont think that means only material possessions though) :huh:

In the New Testament it says that we should give cheerfully, or it should be from our heart.  Now I am not quoting directly, but I know it is put along those lines.  In the New Testament it does not mention tithing at all.  The Lord knows your heart and knows you do it in His name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jesus said give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and give God what is God's. The churches can not flourish without the support of it's members. I feel that saying because the New Testement doesnt talk about tithing that you are saying its ok to give only when you "feel like" as long as you are "cheerful". Please correct me if im wrong. :huh:

Abraham never tithed on his own personal property or livestock.

Jacob wouldn