IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

“Whoever has the gift of comforting others should do that. Whoever has the gift of giving to help others should give generously. Whoever has the gift of leading should work hard at it. Whoever has the gift of showing kindness to others should do it gladly. Your love must be real. Hate what is evil. Do only what is good.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:8-9‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 94:18 NIV

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.49
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:24-26
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

John 5:4 - For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

I have been learning and studying the Bible for over 40 years now and today is the first time I heard that John 5:4 is no longer considered a valid scripture verse as of the 1900's.  (I am so far behind :blink:)  It is still shown in the KJV and NKJV versions but not in of the rest of the newer translations. The corrected versions simply do not have a verse 4 but enter in a footnote. 

I wonder why none of my pastors and teachers ever bothered to comment on this verse removal or missing verse.  Or did I miss that teaching?  Yes, somehow I missed it for 40 years.

From what scholars and theologians have determined, or as close as they can since none of them were there during the first actual transcription copying, the oldest known Greek transcripts of the Book of John do not have verse 4.  They have determined that most likely some kind of page side note somehow got added in as verse 4.  Verse 7 does speak of the bubbling pool and they do not dispute that.

In praying about this I thought about the verse in Revelation that tells us nothing can be removed from the Bible but in rereading it it seems this scripture is talking about only the Book of Revelation.  (my underlines)

Revelation 22:19 (KJV)
and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Then there is the verse in Matthew 5 and Jesus speaking that not one jot or tittle will pass from the law.  The Books of Moses, the first 5 books of the Bible are called the Law. 

Matthew 5:17-20 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

I have no idea why the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to this today but I figure if I did not know this then there may be others who also did not.  These are the kinds of tidbits an atheist or unbeliever would use against belief in the Word of God. If I get asked now I will have an explanation for the missing verse in newer translations.

(I hope this is the correct place for this post since it kind of has to do with Bible Study and there is another thread for just posting bible verses)

Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?

Psalms 94:20

Edited by Mama Etna

They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.

Psalms 94:21

Edited by Mama Etna
Getting the thread back on track of taking turns posting verses from a book of the bible. :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,240
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,365
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

12-7-23

James 2:10

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AFlameOfFire

They which inherit the earth

Psalm 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psalm 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.