IGNORED

A HEART LIKE DAVID'S (A word of exhortation.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

"I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after My heart, who will do all My will."  (Acts 13:22)

David was a man after God's own heart. He was not a perfect saint, but he was a fervent one. His psalms have inspired and encouraged many saints after him; and those psalms were inspired by the very same Holy Spirit who lives in us. 

Do you have the same spirit that David had? Not the Holy Spirit, but the same attitude and mentality. When you read the Psalms, do you nod along and say (or think) "Amen", in agreement with what David wrote? Do you feel a connection with him because you can relate and empathize?

In order to have the kind of experience of God, and the same feelings toward God that David had, we must have not only the Holy Spirit, but also a heart like David had---the attitude and mentality that made him the kind of saint that he was. David was a saint with a passion for His God.

Any Christian has the potential to be as passionate for God as David was. We have the same Spirit he has ("has" is not a type-o). But do we have the same mentality and attitude that he did? The honest answer for most of us, sadly, is "No". But there is grace available today to change that.

Here are some excerpts from Psalm 119. (David wrote these things about the Law of Moses, which was the law that he had, but we can substitute the doctrine of the New Testament, as the same holds true for it.) They're a good reminder of how a saint should be---a saint after God's own heart: a window into the life and heart of David, and inspiration and instruction for imitating the faith of this passionate man of God, to reap the blessings of doing the same.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.
With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments!
I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. (Psalm 119:9-11)

In the way of Your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. (Psalm 119:14,15)

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law. 
I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not Your commandments from me!
My soul is consumed with longing for Your rules at all times...
Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors. (Psalm 119:18-20, 24)

Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me Your law!
I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set Your rules before me. (Psalm 119:29, 30)

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes; and I will keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your ways. (Psalm 119:33-37)

When I think of Your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD.
Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. 
(Psalm 119:52-54)

When I think on my ways, I turn my feet to Your testimonies; 
I hasten and do not delay to keep Your commandments...
I am a companion of all who fear You, of those who keep Your precepts. (Psalm 119:59,60,63)

Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in Your commandments.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.
You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes...
It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes.
The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. (Psalm 119:66-68,71,72)

Oh how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the aged, for I keep Your precepts.
I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep Your word.
I do not turn aside from Your rules, for You Yourself have taught me.
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through Your precepts I get understanding;
therefore I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:97-104)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path...
Incline my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the end. (Psalm 119:105,112)

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God...
Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for Your statutes continually!
You spurn all who go astray from Your statutes, for their cunning is in vain.
All the wicked of the earth You discard like dross, therefore I love Your testimonies.
My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments. (Psalm 119:114, 115, 117-120)

My eyes long for Your salvation and for the fulfillment of Your righteous promise.
Deal with Your servant according to Your steadfast love, and teach me Your statutes.
I am Your servant; give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies!
It is time for the LORD to act, for Your law has been broken.
Therefore I love Your commandments above gold, above fine gold.
Therefore I consider all Your precepts to be right; I hate every false way.
(Psalm 119:123-128)

The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.
I open my mouth and pant, because I long for Your commandments.
Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your way with those who love Your Name.
Keep steady my steps according to Your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me...
My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your law.
(Psalm 119:130-133, 136)

Righteous are You, O LORD, and right are Your rules. You have appointed Your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness. (Psalm 119:137,138)

I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in Your words. (Psalm 119:147)

Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from Your testimonies. (Psalm 119:157)

I rejoice at Your word like one who finds great spoil. 
I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love Your law...
Great peace have those who love Your law; nothing can make them stumble.
I hope for Your salvation, O LORD, and I do Your commandments.
My soul keeps Your testimonies; I love them exceedingly.
I keep Your precepts and testimonies, for all my ways are before You. (Psalm 119:162,163,165-168)

My lips will pour forth praise, for You teach me Your statutes.
My tongue will sing of Your word, for all Your commandments are right.
Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts.
I long for Your salvation, O LORD, and Your law is my delight. (Psalm 119:171-174)

(All Scripture taken from the English Standard Version.)
Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
formatting

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

David was a man after God's own heart. He was not a perfect saint, but he was a fervent one.

Using Jesus' use of the word (in the original) that is translated perfect,  Jesus' and the Father's meaning,

David was perfect.  See in / throughout Scripture what adjectives YHVH HIMSELF USES to describe King David 

and the ekklesia (set apart ones in OT and NT). 

YHVH'S OWN description is an eye opener !    (different than accepted and different than expected in most places)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Using Jesus' use of the word (in the original) that is translated perfect,  Jesus' and the Father's meaning,

David was perfect.  See in / throughout Scripture what adjectives YHVH HIMSELF USES to describe King David 

and the ekklesia (set apart ones in OT and NT). 

YHVH'S OWN description is an eye opener !    (different than accepted and different than expected in most places)

David had the sinful nature, as all people do (saints included). Therefore, he was not perfect. He committed adultery and conspired to have an innocent man murdered. He also conducted a census that displeased the LORD; besides other sins he committed which aren't described in the Bible. The only perfect man who has ever walked the earth is Jesus Christ Himself. Beware of the false doctrine of sinless perfection.

Blameless, holy, and sinless are not the same things.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:
"I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after My heart, who will do all My will."  (Acts 13:22)

David was a man after God's own heart. He was not a perfect saint, but he was a fervent one. His psalms have inspired and encouraged many saints after him; and those psalms were inspired by the very same Holy Spirit who lives in us. 

Do you have the same spirit that David had? Not the Holy Spirit, but the same attitude and mentality. When you read the Psalms, do you nod along and say (or think) "Amen", in agreement with what David wrote? Do you feel a connection with him because you can relate and empathize?

In order to have the kind of experience of God, and the same feelings toward God that David had, we must have not only the Holy Spirit, but also a heart like David had---the attitude and mentality that made him the kind of saint that he was. David was a saint with a passion for His God.

Any Christian has the potential to be as passionate for God as David was. We have the same Spirit he has ("has" is not a type-o). But do we have the same mentality and attitude that he did? The honest answer for most of us, sadly, is "No". But there is grace available today to change that.

Here are some excerpts from Psalm 119. (David wrote these things about the Law of Moses, which was the law that he had, but we can substitute the doctrine of the New Testament, as the same holds true for it.) They're a good reminder of how a saint should be---a saint after God's own heart: a window into the life and heart of David, and inspiration and instruction for imitating the faith of this passionate man of God, to reap the blessings of doing the same.

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.
With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments!
I have stored up Your word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. (Psalm 119:9-11)

In the way of Your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts and fix my eyes on Your ways. (Psalm 119:14,15)

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law. 
I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not Your commandments from me!
My soul is consumed with longing for Your rules at all times...
Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors. (Psalm 119:18-20, 24)

Put false ways far from me and graciously teach me Your law!
I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set Your rules before me. (Psalm 119:29, 30)

Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statutes; and I will keep it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your ways. (Psalm 119:33-37)

When I think of Your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD.
Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning. 
(Psalm 119:52-54)

When I think on my ways, I turn my feet to Your testimonies; 
I hasten and do not delay to keep Your commandments...
I am a companion of all who fear You, of those who keep Your precepts. (Psalm 119:59,60,63)

Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in Your commandments.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.
You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes...
It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes.
The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. (Psalm 119:66-68,71,72)

Oh how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the aged, for I keep Your precepts.
I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep Your word.
I do not turn aside from Your rules, for You Yourself have taught me.
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through Your precepts I get understanding;
therefore I hate every false way. (Psalm 119:97-104)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path...
Incline my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the end. (Psalm 119:105,112)

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.
Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God...
Hold me up, that I may be safe and have regard for Your statutes continually!
You spurn all who go astray from Your statutes, for their cunning is in vain.
All the wicked of the earth You discard like dross, therefore I love Your testimonies.
My flesh trembles for fear of You, and I am afraid of Your judgments. (Psalm 119:114, 115, 117-120)

My eyes long for Your salvation and for the fulfillment of Your righteous promise.
Deal with Your servant according to Your steadfast love, and teach me Your statutes.
I am Your servant; give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies!
It is time for the LORD to act, for Your law has been broken.
Therefore I love Your commandments above gold, above fine gold.
Therefore I consider all Your precepts to be right; I hate every false way.
(Psalm 119:123-128)

The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.
I open my mouth and pant, because I long for Your commandments.
Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is Your way with those who love Your Name.
Keep steady my steps according to Your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me...
My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your law.
(Psalm 119:130-133, 136)

Righteous are You, O LORD, and right are Your rules. You have appointed Your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness. (Psalm 119:137,138)

I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in Your words. (Psalm 119:147)

Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from Your testimonies. (Psalm 119:157)

I rejoice at Your word like one who finds great spoil. 
I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love Your law...
Great peace have those who love Your law; nothing can make them stumble.
I hope for Your salvation, O LORD, and I do Your commandments.
My soul keeps Your testimonies; I love them exceedingly.
I keep Your precepts and testimonies, for all my ways are before You. (Psalm 119:162,163,165-168)

My lips will pour forth praise, for You teach me Your statutes.
My tongue will sing of Your word, for all Your commandments are right.
Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts.
I long for Your salvation, O LORD, and Your law is my delight. (Psalm 119:171-174)

(All Scripture taken from the English Standard Version.)

To the Lord be the glory and to the LORD be the praise .

Yes,  let it be the whole heart , let it be the mind that cares not if it loses all , but rather that JESUS be honored through it all .

Praise and rejoice in the Lord peoples.    let the weary REJOICE , let the feeble be made strong out of weakness by the LORD.

NO fear of man , no fear of death , no fear of loss, no fear of suffering .   Fear only What GOD has said to fear ,   HE who has power to cast both body and soul

into hellfire and fear anything or anyone else .    Armour up peoples and praise the Lord.

Let the hearts rejoice in HIS salvation , let the peoples rejoice that By His mercy we are saved and not destroyed .

The world can hate us , persecute us , ridicule us , separate us out ,  take all from us of this world, BUT IT CANNOT take the JOY of the LORD

and the JOY of HIS salvation and that JOY IS our strength , our hope , and we shall abound even in the harshest of environments and the most perlious

things to come against us will not move us from this path.   SING IT PEOPLES ,  lift the hands and REJIOCE , REJIOCE , REJOICE in the LORD.

Be on guard for many deceivers abound , many false doctrines abound,   Let us stay firmly planted in the LORD

and overcome all evil by the power of the ONE who has already OVERCOME the WORLD , the savoir and the KING the LORD ALMIGHTY CHRIST .

ONWARD peoples , onward and rejoice when persecuted for his name sake , and praise him and honor him through all trials and temptations.

For HE is able to succor us THROUGH ANYTHING .    PRAISE THE LORD PEOPLES  of the LORD and fear nothing that comes , and is and will come against us.

JUST praise HIM for his mercy and Let the LIGHT shine for all to see.     Blessed be the name of the LORD.  

• Praise God! 1