IGNORED

The Gracious, Loving God humanity gives a bad rap to

JohnD

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Again, your beef is with the OP, yet you quoted me. I 'rather' affirmed the OP but the OP stated his stance clear enough...

"We have people in Christianity today who do the same thing without realizing it... in bringing the Old Testament into the New. The law was to establish the rules and the futility of trying anything but grace to be saved. Reject the grace or try to add to it or take away from it and the law is the only thing left... and none of us can stand up to the law. ← that's the point."

Of course he is only saying why the law was given..to show our sin, the laws weakness at bringing about holiness, yet many rest their laurels in the law rather than the grace and loving kindness  of our God both true in the New and the Old.

Please, next time address the one you have a bone to pick. If you disagree with my stance then bring up specific points.

In looking back at this, I can see how addressing you caused confusion, so for that, I apologize.  I have heard people teach this type of message where they are acting like a kind of public relations firm for God, trying to defend his actions and explaining them in a way they will be more accepted.  Sorry for any confusion I created.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Maybe you didn't read my first sentence? ...'not only love, but love nonetheless.'

God is love ...as well as just and holy. Do you call that a lie?

THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.   so now what we need to know IS HOW THIS GOD WHO IS LOVE Spoke from heaven

then through the Son on earth.   HOW did GOD always approach the wicked.      What was his message through the entire bible.

He always warned FIRST .  always  .   The reason,  GOD DOES DESIRE NOT A ONE TO PERISH.  

SO he sent prophets in the old old days .  What was their message.  DID they preach hey GOD IS LOVE ,  or did they warn REPENT OR ELSE .  SEE that is LOVE.

WHY will you DIE o house of ISRAEL.  REPENT , REPENT that ye may live .

What was JESUS message and how did he react to those who rejected it .      WARN warn  and by all means healings , compassion too.

HOw did the true apostels speak.    Even as much as JOHN said GOD IS LOVE ,  he also warned out against sin and the pattern.

He who walks in sin , in darkness KNOWS NOT GOD.   Oh he warned .  he encouraged , they all did.

What was the message to the churches in the book of revelation .   REPENT of the evil and keep doing the good you doing .

How did paul warn about sin ,  how did peter , how bout jude , how bout james.    WE see the same Spirit in them , that IS GOD.  same pattern. 

SO why on earth now are some,   and I aint saying you,  but some are saying every time they hear the word repent or any correction , ITS the

GOD IS LOVE they say and take that out of text to mean EASE UP and cease the warning .  THEY use the term GOD is love in such a way they live evil as heck

and have no  fear at all in that type of walk.   That is dangerous and deadly.    Let the warners warn.  IF the warners say something that is a LIE , THEN CORRECT THEM.

but if they jus warning ,  we have to let them be .   Someone , NOT YOU,  but someone told the friend of many letters

why you warn all the time .     WHY................cause who else IS or will.     I mean they come after the veryfew who warn.  And the majority just speak of things

they ought not .   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

(How about "The Righteous, Holy God Whose Name So Many Christians Cause To Be Blasphemed Among The Unsaved By Their Unholy Ways"?)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  687
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, JohnD said:

The law was to establish the rules and the futility of trying anything but grace to be saved.

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12

Love covers all wrongs.

1 John chapter 4 verse 12

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.