IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sister our church IS the church of Christ .    Where we are gathered THIER HE IS .    Sound the trumpet sister ,   for we cannot be unequally yoked with

any believer who lives in willfull error .     I tried to correct pastors and in the spirit of meekness , very humble .    They agreed with what I was saying

but still refused to change their doctrines .  How on earth can a church grow IF ITS LEADERSHIP is false .  they cant , only they get worse and worse .

The leadership has to maintiain the pattern set by Christ and the apostels .    And I don't even see it being remotely close anymore .

Their are other beleivers and they do gather , but not with those who refuse to repent .   

Wrong and your not in charge. You don't go to church because like it says they went out from us. People who don't want to go to church don't want to be under leadership and elders of the church. Read Timothy. 

8 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

I hate to say that it's better not to be in a church in these last days than to be in one, but given the abominable apostasy of the Church in general, the cons of attending one outweigh the pros.

God knows the state of the churches, and He was pleased to steer me away from joining one after He saved me. I have no regrets, but consider myself extremely blessed to have been taught by Him one on One as I have been. It spared me a lot of false teaching, which I would otherwise have had to disentangle myself from, and I learned much more unadulterated doctrine and spiritual truth by not being in a church than I would have being in one, due to the condition of the churches in these last days: I got pure milk, and meat, rather than chocolate milk and cookies. And though the discipleship came at a high personal cost, I wouldn't trade the benefits for the world.

So this is why I say, follow the Lord's leading with regard to church attendance, and do not just attend one because you think you must. A Christian does not need a pastor or to attend a church to be taught by God. The things that are written about pastors in the New Testament pertain to true pastors, who have been called, ordained and equipped by God to be such---not to men who have taken it upon themselves to be pastors, but are not qualified to be, or who have merely been made such by men. Anybody can be a pastor today, even a woman; and churches pay their pastors to say what they want to hear, and not to say what they do not want to hear. Even the pastors who are independent are simply unqualified to fill the role, however good their intentions may be.

A God-ordained, God-sent pastor today would be as well received by most Christians as a true prophet; which is, not well.

Sounds like you really did not try. We are supposed to be in a church. Christ is the head. Paul was a leader over the church's. It is the same today. Christ said the grave would not overcome the church. There would always be a church like the new testament church. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Sounds like you really did not try. We are supposed to be in a church. Christ is the head. Paul was a leader over the church's. It is the same today. Christ said the grave would not overcome the church. There would always be a church like the new testament church. 

I did exactly what it was the Lord's will for me to do, and He blessed me for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

I did exactly what it was the Lord's will for me to do, and He blessed me for it.

I rather go by the bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

So would I. That's why I'm not in a church. 

40 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

So would I. That's why I'm not in a church. 

The bible is pretty clear we are to live within a congregation. How can a Sheppard oversee over the sheep with the word of God then. But do want you think best.

People come to this board and dont want to be in a church. Yet they tell members of worthy how to live the Christian life. They act like they have authority like Frienduff who is always telling us where we are wrong. Let me tell you God made men Pastors. He made them overseers to feed the flock. And they are given a gift by the holy spirit. So you people are walking astray.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

You go by the bible.    Then WHY on earth can you not see the dire dangers of that roman system.    Wayne you sat under those who had some mix.

You harp on us and accuse us falsely.    But lot of good going to church has done if you cannot see the dire dangers in so many .  Yet by grace we can.

So how is it you cant .  yet you say your way is better.   HOW .   if you cant even see how dangerous Rome is and this all inclusive interfaith unity move is

Then whatever church you been going to , either you aint heeding their good sound advice , OR they aint preaching it .  its one of the two .  

We were never told to sit under false pastors .   That is how people fall away.    

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You go by the bible.    Then WHY on earth can you not see the dire dangers of that roman system.    Wayne you sat under those who had some mix.

You harp on us and accuse us falsely.    But lot of good going to church has done if you cannot see the dire dangers in so many .  Yet by grace we can.

So how is it you cant .  yet you say your way is better.   HOW .   if you cant even see how dangerous Rome is and this all inclusive interfaith unity move is

Then whatever church you been going to , either you aint heeding their good sound advice , OR they aint preaching it .  its one of the two .  

We were never told to sit under false pastors .   That is how people fall away.    

That's your opinion and that's all it is.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

44 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

People come to this board and dont want to be in a church. Yet they tell members of worthy how to live the Christian life. They act like they have authority like Frienduff who is always telling us where we are wrong. Let me tell you God made men Pastors. He made them overseers to feed the flock. And they are given a gift by the holy spirit. So you people are walking astray.

Not the ones I seen.   they wolves not correcting anything , and focusing on unity hugs and no truth .     I stay out of them churches .

I am sure their are a few good ones out their .    Focusing on money , and pride of life and all the things that choked the word  , IF ever they had it ,  right out of them.

Wayen my churches in my town were flooded with seeker friendly , Daniel plans ,   preachers loving books like the shack and new age dung .

I aint sittin in those  .   it aint happening .   SO think what you will.    And the warnings will only continue .     Be ye Holy as HE is Holy.