IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Spiritual sounding phrases with misrepresentation & misapplication of scripture which is evident through out this thread, is no substitute for plain Biblical truth.  The claiming that: "Works are required to keep Salvation"-- is simply Not taught Anywhere in the Bible. At best it is a misinterpretation of scripture at worst it is a false teaching being propagated.  Essentially you guys are teaching that people need to continue to "earn" Salvation or it will be lost or taken away by GOD.  Isaiah 64: "6For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous works are like a filthy rags; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away."

Galatians 2:21 “I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Stating that people need to continue to prove their worthiness of salvation is basically accusing GOD of going back on His promise of this gift by GOD's grace & making the LORD GOD out to be some kind of capricious Deity who will take back His gift if people don't earn it through their own "works"- which is what is implied and that is the opposite of what God's word says about the Divine nature of our Holy heavenly Father & the grace he bestowed upon us with the gift of Salvation as Apostle Paul says. A gift worked for is not a free"gift".

It is the Holy Spirit in us , from being born from above that produces the works after salvation-it is not human striving out of fear of losing their salvation, because nothing we do of our human self could be capable or could ever be worthy to keep enough. Salvation is a free gift it is through by grace through faith and not by works lest any man (or woman) should boast.  Good works is the fruit of the Holy Spirit when the soul has become reborn from above.

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone boast.”

2Tim 1:9 “… who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.”

Romans 11:6 “And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.”

Romans 5:1,2 “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

Titus 2:11“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men …”

Acts 15:11 “But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

Ephesians 2:4-7 “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”

Titus 3:7 “… that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”

Romans 3:23 ,24 “… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus …”

“For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (John 1:17)

2Thess 2:16 “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace …”

Ephesians 1:7,8 “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence …”

Romans 5:15 “For if by the one man’s offense, many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.”

Ephesians 1:6 “… having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.”

Romans 5:20 “But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Yes indeed, amen.  BUT we are talking about what happens after we get saved.........we have a walk to walk for the rest of our life, a race to run so as to win the prize.  We don't just fold our hands and go to sleep after we are saved and expect God to be pleased with our presumption.....at least I hope not....unfortunately many are falling asleep though BECAUSE instead of being exhorted and provoked unto good works, they are being taught a false sense of security.....which pattern we do not see in the new testament.  Hence this lovely thread of exhortation.  Hence much of the new testament.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

TO all who love the LORD they shall indeed FOLLOW HIM all the days of their life .   They will not feast from the dirty foot trodden waters of men.

THESE DRINK ONLY from the pure waters OF THE SHEPARD.   And if doing this and rejecting mens traditions costs me nothing but loss,  ITS ONLY GAIN .

I drink not from the waters of these so called high and mighty scholars ,   who in this day and age

can sit and wee on the peoples and they just dance and say what wonderous cleansing rain .    Yeah.   Let that sink it a bit .  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm sorry Davida, but it comes clear to me now that you must be following a false gospel if you think we are claiming special understanding.....it is not special at all, but is pretty basic to the faith of Christ.  What do you think those works are, without which faith is DEAD......dead as a doorknob sadly.

Davida is not following a false gospel. You have to know salvation is a gift. And you never have to work for a gift. If you are doing works to be saved then you are earning it. Very simple theology.  

We are ordain to do good works. That is once we are saved we have a new life in Christ. We must walk in our new life in Christ. But not to be saved but because we are alive. And living people walk and act. We don't want to sin which is not living. Sin is dead works. We want to do righteousness which is alive. Hope that helps

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Davida is not following a false gospel. You have to know salvation is a gift. And you never have to work for a gift. If you are doing works to be saved then you are earning it. Very simple theology.  

We are ordain to do good works. That is once we are saved we have a new life in Christ. We must walk in our new life in Christ. But not to be saved but because we are alive. And living people walk and act. We don't want to sin which is not living. Sin is dead works. We want to do righteousness which is alive. Hope that helps

Tis true I never once have heard davida agree with this all inclusive unity nor rome .    She by grace sees the dangers.

And me nor he leadeth me are preaching our own works saved us .    For the good I do ,  is really HIS grace at work in me.   So how can I take credit for that .  I CANT .

IF he stript me of HIS HOLY SPIRIT ,  I would just be the lost old man I once was    .  SO let that encourage ya wayne.   

• Thumbs Up 2

Now let us rejoice in the LORD peoples .   My spirit is on fire yet again , my reigns He has he filled with JOY.

PRAISE be to the LORD , the savoir and keeper of our souls .    Raise up and praise Him and blessed be the name of the LORD

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Tis true I never once have heard davida agree with this all inclusive unity nor rome .    She by grace sees the dangers.

And me nor he leadeth me are preaching our own works saved us .    For the good I do ,  is really HIS grace at work in me.   So how can I take credit for that .  I CANT .

IF he stript me of HIS HOLY SPIRIT ,  I would just be the lost old man I once was    .  SO let that encourage ya wayne.   

Are we talking about the Catholic church here ? We are talking about Justification. If you want to add your input stop getting on your soapbox. 

Just now, Wayne222 said:

Are we talking about the Catholic church here ? We are talking about Justification. If you want to add your input stop getting on your soapbox. 

I was giving an example was all.      We need to be on guard wayne.     

An idea came to me last night .     Since you seem so concerned and just so worried for me , why not send me some of your churches sermons

so I can listen to them.     I mean if we can point out error , should we not try and offer a solution as well   .   IF you have such a wonderful great spirit filled church

with prescious holy spirit filled teachings .  Why not share ,   right .

9 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I was giving an example was all.      We need to be on guard wayne.     

An idea came to me last night .     Since you seem so concerned and just so worried for me , why not send me some of your churches sermons

so I can listen to them.     I mean if we can point out error , should we not try and offer a solution as well   .   IF you have such a wonderful great spirit filled church

with prescious holy spirit filled teachings .  Why not share ,   right .

Listen brother I am not really concern about you. You mainly have one message and it's about the Catholic church. Maybe you feel she is Babylon Mystery. But just about all posts you always change the focus back to the Catholic church. 

I am not for all her doctrine.  They make Mary into a higher level then what the bible shows. Yet Mary is the most blessed of all women.She raised and gave birth to the son of God. But she is not on the level of Jesus.

I don't believe the Lord's supper becomes the living blood and flesh of Jesus. But it's much more then a symbol. The lord is really there. 

They pray to the saints in heaven . I don't but they don't worship them at all. It's a mistake for them to do so. We should pray to God direct. Jesus speaks on our behalf.

.                 They believe in baptismal regeneration. I don't but it's not going to keep you out of heaven.

Calvin and Luthur did believe in regeneration when baptize. Are they not saved ? 

The Catholic church believe in the Apostles creed. And the believe in the trinity.  

Some people are saved spirit filled in the Catholic church and some are not. That includes the Pope and Cardinals and the Bishops.  

If you read Rev 17 and 18 and make that out to be the Catholic church you are wrong. The SDA teach this and the  third Angel message. We should preach the good news and all of the commandments given to the Twelve apostles. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

55 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I am hoping it is a misunderstanding......because we are not talking about how we get saved, but we are talking to those who have already received the gift of salvation by faith, about how to follow Jesus after we are saved.  Leaving the elementary principles and going on to maturity.  It is not some strange or foreign doctrine that comes from special understanding but is entirely and plainly biblical....though it might seem strange to many these days, mainly for the simple fact that it is not being taught in most places.  And for any who have not yet received the Holy Spirit since they believed, it is probably hard to grasp anyhow.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Listen brother I am not really concern about you. You mainly have one message and it's about the Catholic church. Maybe you feel she is Babylon Mystery. But just about all posts you always change the focus back to the Catholic church. 

I am not for all her doctrine.  They make Mary into a higher level then what the bible shows. Yet Mary is the most blessed of all women.She raised and gave birth to the son of God. But she is not on the level of Jesus.

I don't believe the Lord's supper becomes the living blood and flesh of Jesus. But it's much more then a symbol. The lord is really there. 

They pray to the saints in heaven . I don't but they don't worship them at all. It's a mistake for them to do so. We should pray to God direct. Jesus speaks on our behalf.

.                 They believe in baptismal regeneration. I don't but it's not going to keep you out of heaven.

Calvin and Luthur did believe in regeneration when baptize. Are they not saved ? 

The Catholic church believe in the Apostles creed. And the believe in the trinity.  

Some people are saved spirit filled in the Catholic church and some are not. That includes the Pope and Cardinals and the Bishops.  

If you read Rev 17 and 18 and make that out to be the Catholic church you are wrong. The SDA teach this and the  third Angel message. We should preach the good news and all of the commandments given to the Twelve apostles. 

But that don't even scratch the surface of what its doing wayne .     And it aint just Rome,   its lots of others too .

That church along with many, many others are now embracing the upmost of evil.  But use a smokescreen to promote it with words like unity  , love  , peace and so on.

We cant hold to certain truths and then teach contrary to even those .   This unity with Rome who leads and has led in interfaith for years ,  its a delusion wayne.

And as I said   , while Rome may lead in it ,   She aint the only one .    Mainstream well known leaders in all faiths and other religions are being called to come together

and its all a sham wayne .   But as I said they know how to allure through the fleshly emotions and sensual talk .   

We cant defend or even make light of the great evil being done under the guise for world peace .     God is not pleased with this kissing korans , buddas

and saying we all worship the same GOD in varioius ways ,various religions.  YET since intefaiht council of eighty six I think

that church is doing just that under a guise .   We have a responsbilty to warn against it and any others who are going under this all inclusive unity spell and teach it .

Its not enough for me or any to say WELL JESUS is MY WAY,  but the other religions have their path too.   And this is what the sum of interfaith is all about .

ITs not for world peace ,   though its what they claim.   Nope .  its the end time ONE WORLD religion ,  one mindset that is growing .

We cant have any part of it  .    And even on the smallest levels of how it begins it must be warned out against .

You think isis is the most dangerous ,   yeah they evil and yes they of satan . 

so are buddits , so are all other religions and mindsets which contradict Christ .   GOOD works saves none .  gathering for good works and preaching inefaith saves none , it damns all who heed it .     Wayne if you saw me going into a wican meeting , WOULD you not warn me to stay out of that place .

Just because a church may use JESUS name ,    don't make it a good church .    many false ones do this all the time .  IT has to be a church , whose leaders are well grounded

in scrips and Christ , and that is what they teach and preach .  otherwise , its just deception .  and that is rome for you as well as many now .    And if we love

we warn .   

• This is Worthy 1