• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

If you do a word search on 'divorce' and 'putting away' you will find that what God says He hates is 'putting away' a woman, without giving her a divorce.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I would like toss in some things to think about.

First, I am a firm believer in that once true Believers get married there is NO reason why they shouldn't be able to get along.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1974

There is a recently completed study in Bible Study about marriage and divorce. Just for clarification I am a firm believer in "Unto death do us part".

Bible Study - Marriage

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37

John 3:3- "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".

What it is that is required: to be born again; that is, First, We must live a new life. Birth is the beginning of life; to be born again is to begin anew, as those that have hitherto lived either much amiss or to little purpose... Secondly, We must have a new nature, new principles, new affections, new aims. (Matthew Henry Commentary).

Our Bible is written to believers. Our Bible is a handbook for life to the born again believer. If a man and a woman believe they are born again when they enter the marriage, then the commands for that marriage, and all of God's commands do apply together and individually daily.

God allowed divorce through Moses because of the hardness of the heart. (Mark 10:5)

That the reason why Moses, in his law, permitted divorce, was such, as that they ought not to make use of that permission; for it was only for the hardness of their hearts, lest, if they were not permitted to divorce their wives, they should murder them; so that none must put away their wives but such as are willing to own that their hearts were so hard as to need this permission. (Matthew Henry).

It is my understanding that an unsaved person may get married and divorced as often as they please; but a saved, born again believer must be obedient to the word of God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Birthday:  09/09/1974

John 3:3- "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".

What it is that is required: to be born again; that is, First, We must live a new life. Birth is the beginning of life; to be born again is to begin anew, as those that have hitherto lived either much amiss or to little purpose... Secondly, We must have a new nature, new principles, new affections, new aims. (Matthew Henry Commentary).

Our Bible is written to believers. Our Bible is a handbook for life to the born again believer. If a man and a woman believe they are born again when they enter the marriage, then the commands for that marriage, and all of God's commands do apply together and individually daily.

God allowed divorce through Moses because of the hardness of the heart. (Mark 10:5)

That the reason why Moses, in his law, permitted divorce, was such, as that they ought not to make use of that permission; for it was only for the hardness of their hearts, lest, if they were not permitted to divorce their wives, they should murder them; so that none must put away their wives but such as are willing to own that their hearts were so hard as to need this permission. (Matthew Henry).

It is my understanding that an unsaved person may get married and divorced as often as they please; but a saved, born again believer must be obedient to the word of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weather you are saved or unsaved it matters not. Ignorance of the law of God does not provide an escape.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I know it does not answer the OP's question, but I thought it was a vital ingredient to this thread:

Malachi 2:15 But did He not make them one, Having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring. Therefore take heed to your spirit, And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth. 16 "For the Lord God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one's garment with violence," Says the Lord of hosts. "Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously."

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

The fact is that the only grounds for divorce in a believer is if adultry and taken place, however if there was abuse physical or otherwise I would be long gone and I think God would be fine that that.  I do think that it has become to easy,to be divorced.  I have been married for almost 22 years and there have been some up's and downs but I heard the same thing, "till do us part" and I aim to keep my end of the deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

adultry, or unfaithfulness?

the Israelites committed adultry against God, this being they turned their backs on God, they were no longer faithful.

this being so, would not a person abusing the other person be concidered unfaithful? for they are not treating the other person as the Bible speaks, thus they are not living in the ways of the Lord, so the person that is a beliver may put the non-believer away,

how about one that becomes displeased?..... again this would be one that married and the spouse is displeasing....

I am not condoning, but not condemning either,

each case is as individual as the fingerprints on your hand.

yes, God hates divorce, He also hates Gossips, and Liars, and Cheats......

why not kick every one out of the church that has ever gossiped, or has lied, or cheated or stolen.

if a woman claims to be a Christian, and a man claims to be a Christian, they both should be living by the Bible as far as what a man should be doing for God and his wife, and the woman should be doing for God and her husband as the Bible says she should be doing. if either are not, they are not being faithful. oh yea, this would include anything that the person puts before their spouse. even using intimate relations or with holding them or forcing them.... i know of a case where it had been withheld for over 10 years, before he divorced the her because of her withholding, refusing to allow intimacy... he received all the blame for the divorce, but never cheated on her. that my friend is unfaithfulnes, she committed adultry against him ( not saying she had relations with any one else ) she was not following the biblical teachings.

as far as saying everyone that is divorced has committed a sin, one must look at all the factors, and the only one that can really know the 100% truth about the matter is God, for man to would be placing themselves in the position of god.

I dont like divorce, dont condone it, but done condemn it either.

mike

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

There is a recently completed study in Bible Study about marriage and divorce. Just for clarification I am a firm believer in "Unto death do us part".

Bible Study - Marriage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there have been many others that said unto death do us part, and they hired a hit man to take out the spouse so that they would not have to divorce.....

hmmm

sounds abit like Terri Shivos estranged husband, unto death do us part, sorry that it tood so long to kill my wife, but now that she is gone our illigit kids can have a daddy and a mommy that are married.....

and the courts helped him do it....