IGNORED

HOLINESS (Positional holiness is not a substitute for practical holiness)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

we would end up attempting righteousness (merit before God) via our own righteousness.

Our own righteousness would be to walk according to the flesh, but when we pursue the righteousness of Christ that is only possible through faith in Him.

It requires faith, repentance, forgiveness and humility to walk according to His will, and not ours.

"Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
    But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul." - Hebrews 10:38

Because it is impossible without faith. What we are trying to do is to warn the people who walk according to the flesh (i.e. who do not have the Spirit).

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." - Romans 10:4

Because if someone flee from the Holy Spirit and walk according to the flesh then high chances are he/she does not have the Spirit.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
    Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

No one can overcome the flesh and walk in the Spirit in their own strength, it requires faith only God can give.

"Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear." - Romans 11:20

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

"Positional holiness is not a substitute for practical holiness", this is true, but without the knowledge of positional holiness (that Christ is our righteousness and we are counted righteous on account of Christ) we would end up attempting righteousness (merit before God) via our own righteousness. I see a lot of pride swarming around due to this misunderstanding and it manifests itself in statements containing 'we' vs 'they' when referring to fellow  Christians.

IOW, we have not one iota to boast about for any growth God has done in us and through us.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
(1Co 15:10)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
(Tit 2:11-14)

Pride is not holy; so anyone who is proud of being 'holier' than others is foolish in his thinking, and not as holy as he thinks he is. (For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Galatians 6:3) 

Neither is competition, boasting, or contempt for other Christians (even if something he or she is doing may be contemptible to God and to us). 

Without positional holiness, there can be no practical holiness, only self-righteousness. But positional holiness in Christ isn't going to save a Christian from the consequences of being practically unholy in Christ. 

(Christians who don't think they have to obey the Lord and who don't want to obey Him may accuse those who insist upon obedience to Him of being proud, self-righteous and judgmental, and of preaching salvation by works and a mean and angry God.)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No one can flee from God's Spirit if the Holy Spirit resides in them. 

They can't flee from Him in terms of Him being in them, but they can stifle His conviction and refuse to respond to it. And they can choose what they read from the Bible so as to avoid being convicted by God's word, and choose a pastor who preaches what they want to hear.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No one can flee from God's Spirit if the Holy Spirit resides in them.

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
    “The Lord knows those who are His,” and,
Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”" - 2 Timothy 2:19

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes,
    who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts.
        Then each one's praise will come from God." - 1 Corinthians 4:5

• Praise God! 1

30 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sure, but if they are His, God has His ways of dealing with His obstinate ones...

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
(Heb 12:5-12)

Of course. But even when God chastens us we can still refuse to respond. That's why it says not to regard lightly (or despise) the discipline of the Lord. God certainly does chasten His own, but it's up to the Christian how he or she responds to the discipline, and whether he or she even acknowledges it as such, rather than being stubborn and hardening his or her heart and making excuses for what happens to them.

Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness(Hebrews 12:9,10) Mind you this is written to people who are already spiritually alive.

Without (practical) holiness no one will see the Lord.

So what do you think is going to happen to Christians who choose to despise the Lord's discipline, not to submit themselves to God, and not to be holy? (There are some who say that that is impossible; but obviously it is possible or the admonition wouldn't be there. And it's obviously written for people who are born-again because God only chastens His children.)

The answer is Hebrews 10:26-31.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

but obviously it is possible or the admonition wouldn't be there

God is not mocked, He knows those whom He have chosen. And He knows how to put every of them on the right track.

"I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen;" - John 13:18

Then to imply that a born again can lose salvation by being disobedient is not true.

"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." - Ezekiel 36:27

My worry is for those who are deceived in believing they are born again while they are still in the flesh. You shall know them by their fruits.

"But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver,
    but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor." - 2 Timothy 2:20

6 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Then to imply that a born again can lose salvation by being disobedient is not true.

And I do not believe those who are born again would decide in their hearts: "I am saved already. I do not care."

"But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’
    and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards,
        the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of,
            and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 24:48-51

"nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;" - 1 Corinthians 10:9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

"Positional holiness is not a substitute for practical holiness", this is true, but without the knowledge of positional holiness (that Christ is our righteousness and we are counted righteous on account of Christ) we would end up attempting righteousness (merit before God) via our own righteousness. I see a lot of pride swarming around due to this misunderstanding and it manifests itself in statements containing 'we' vs 'they' when referring to fellow  Christians.

IOW, we have not one iota to boast about for any growth God has done in us and through us.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
(1Co 15:10)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
(Tit 2:11-14)

Praise God for truth.  

By the grace of GOD we do .     And anything contrary to Christ in any way is not OF CHRIST in any way.

hetertofore,    if  any ever trys and sways ya yowm , and to convince you that we can skip , omit , go around the pattern and Sayings of JESUS or the apostels .   THEY LIE and are of darkness.

That has been my point the entire time .   to warn one and remind one about JESUS and His sayings the pattern which the apostels confirmed

WAS NEVER WORKS EARNED YOWM.      NOW that you see I have long agreed.      Let a man do as the SPIRIT bids him do .     WONDERFUL TRUTH ya said their yowm . 

Sure I knew it already,  but when truth gets told , it don't matter that iknew it ,   I just rejoice in that it was said .  

• Thumbs Up 1

FORWARD MARCH .     SOLIDER UP IN THE LORD PEOPLES .    Let all have the whole armour of GOD on for the devil does not sleep as many thinks.

Through our faith in Christ alone submit all unto GOD , resist the devil and he will flee.

Onward through the trenches ,     I think a purge is coming even to sites ,    many will begin to gather to purge out those who remind of truth and holiness

of keeping Christs sayings .  of warning against sin and error.       I believe their is a gathering not just on sites but it will increase in churches as well.

Under the feel good and hugs group that corrects nothing , but the correctors ,  they will find no rest for their souls , so long as the true correctors are around .

They will see those that preach , holiness , righteousness , yes by what grace alone teaches us ,   they will see these are false.

THey will be led more into hugs and getting along and will come against anything that stirs them up and reminds them about a HOLY WALK

and they will see these as false .     It will get worse .   they will see them as the enemy .   As time goes on they will see them as dangerous

as time goes on, when the Christ call ANTI rises and comes in the name of peace love and unity , they will follow HIM and his advice will be RID the earth of these non confomers .

The unity ones will increase , their mission will increase , their fear and anger towards those who keep correcting will increase and hate leads to murder .

We have got to stay the course and if we die because we PUT CHRIST FIRST and loved all so we warned all,  THEN SO BE IT .   

28 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

God is not mocked, He knows those whom He have chosen. And He knows how to put every of them on the right track.

"I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen;" - John 13:18

"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." - Ezekiel 36:27

My worry is for those who are deceived in believing they are born again while they are still in the flesh. You shall know them by their fruits.

"But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver,
    but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor." - 2 Timothy 2:20

God is not mocked if one reaps to the flesh he will receive corruption .   IF one reaps of the SPIRIT , its life everlasting in Christ .

God knows who are his , THUS let all who NAME the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST DEPART from inquity.   as in DEPART

as in let not these things even once be named among you as becometh saints .

As in the pattern JESUS set and the apostels kept .    IF a brother or sister is a fornicator , covetous etc..............DONT EVEN EAT WITH SUCH  A ONE.

YEP ,   I am fired up again.   And its going to be a whole lot of JESUS sayings and the appostels , that I will flood this place with .

Till either I am run off , or the whole place says AMEN ITS JESUS ONLY we shall serve .  I AM that fully determined and no man can move me off this course .

ITS CORRECTION TIME.    and its reminder time and its stirring up time , and its praise time and its ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD amen < PRAISE THE LORD .

• Praise God! 1