GreyDestiny

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It is a TV special that will air on Easter.

The rock opera is much less about scripture and much more about how the author views it. The "Superstar" in the title is not misplaced, as it focuses more on fame. The special portrays Judas as a caring friend (the only "good" disciple) and Jesus as a "superstar" celebrity lost in popularity. They refer to Jesus as "just a man," and no mention is made of Judas' greed or suicide. Rather than finding no basis for a charge, Pilate accuses Jesus of being "misguided" and "not a king or god," a "puppet". The play ends with Jesus' execution. No mention is made of his resurrection. 

Edited by GreyDestiny
misspelling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

For those of us who remember this from back in the day .... it has the same characters and scenes as part of the Bible, but not the same message.  The message is completely anti-Bible and anti-Christ.  I vaguely remember the movie from 1973 and my school put on the play in 1977.  

People had no sense and no Bible knowledge.  It had "Jesus Christ" in the name, so it MUST be good, right?  It was wildly popular - both the play and the movie and I guess it's making a resurgence.

It's hippy-drippy nonsense and portrays Jesus in a most negative light.

• Thumbs Up 1