p.rehbein

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

In my opinion, the greatest Witness a Christian can have to the world, and to the Church is how they live their lives.  Both keep a close eye on a professed Christian to see if they "slip" and do something unChristian in any way.

For the world, this gives them the chance to justify their living in disobedience to God by saying..."well, look at him..."

For some in the Church, this gives them the chance to feel more righteous and pious, and this does happen.  Sometimes even on Christian Web Sites...... :)

When anyone judges the value of Christianity on what a Christian does is to discount God, and Jesus Christ.  They are the EXAMPLE that should be followed, not a Christian.  We are human, and subject to "slips."  Living a Christ-like life is a day by day, minute by minute struggle.  I say "struggle" because the "world" is always trying to pull the Christian away from their walk with Christ.  If our faith is in Him, He will give us the strength to overcome the world, for HE overcame the world, and sent The Comforter to abide with us and provide us the needed strength to do the same.

(some Scriptures)

Ephesians 4:1-6 - I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Romans 12:1 -I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 1:22-27 - But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

James 1:19-20 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

...and let us remember...

Hebrews 13:5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  6)So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

God bless.......

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

52 minutes ago, p.rehbein said:

I say "struggle" because the "world" is always trying to pull the Christian away from their walk with Christ. 

The world, the Flesh and the devil i would add.  

Yes, it is real and at times real tough that you feel hopeless. This is the plot of the enemy, to wear down the saints to deny Christ.  A believer must persevere under the brutal conditions, trials and temptations that would come against them.  The developed countries has the creature comforts for a man to live comfortable , what about the believers in the poor countries that has to endure the trials and the hardship of daily living.  We has to lift them up in prayer and keep the faith and let our lamps shine brightly on the lampstand at all cost.  

Edited by warrior12
  • Praying! 1

One of the parts of living a Christ-like life is sharing the Gospel!

So, I agree........

And, we do need to pray for all Believers, and all the lost as well......

God bless....

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

I just didn't hear it mentioned in the OP...mainly being an example.

I know in the workplace you are watched like a hawk once they know you are 'one of them'. As soon as you 'mess up' all of a sudden they become the Christian 'Gotcha Police'. lol, but I am quick to retort, "That's why I need a Savior'.

Yowm,   I honestly don't care what the common man or kings or presidents or the pope says about ya .     I loves ya .     Now raise those hands and praise the Lord .

we just going to be hated , but we forgive those who persecute us , we refuse to conform to their ways and by grace we just let the LIGHT OF Christ shine

for all to see.   And if it costs us all in time ,     Its just the gain of knowing Christ .    SO leap up and shout them praises to the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

The world, the Flesh and the devil i would add.  

Yes, it is real and at times real tough that you feel hopeless. This is the plot of the enemy, to wear down the saints to deny Christ.  A believer must persevere under the brutal conditions, trials and temptations that would come against them.  The developed countries has the creature comforts for a man to live comfortable , what about the believers in the poor countries that has to endure the trials and the hardship of daily living.  We has to lift them up in prayer and keep the faith and let our lamps shine brightly on the lampstand at all cost.  

But you should also see the true peace and joy these persecuted poor ones have .   their joy IS real , their peace is real and they have something that most have lost .

Peter could sing n prison so could others .   WHEN the ONLY HOPE we have IS CHRIST ..................one is gonna SING and that is a fact .   so leap up and praise the Lord .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

The proof will be in the pudding when it is served.

And this too is why we pray daily ,  let us not be led into temptation ,  keep our foot from evil and be the strength we need O LORD .    For he is the only hope we have .

SO leap up yowm .     yes ,   leap up and dance to the LORD . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

In nigeria there being murderd because there christians right now. We have it easy. Lets keep praying daily for  the body of christ in nigeria.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

I just didn't hear it mentioned in the OP...mainly being an example.

I know in the workplace you are watched like a hawk once they know you are 'one of them'. As soon as you 'mess up' all of a sudden they become the Christian 'Gotcha Police'. lol, but I am quick to retort, "That's why I need a Savior'.

I should have stated that in the OP.  Sometimes, I just think people will realize that in order to live a Christ-like life, they must be obedient to Him.  That includes The Great Commission.  :)

....... as well as in China, South America, Russia, and many other Countries.  Christian persecution knows no borders.

Prayer is needed for all.  Both Christians and those who are persecuting them.  As hard as that is, and I struggle with it, Jesus told us to pray for them.

thands.jpg