IGNORED

We are all being awakened...but to what?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

You may have heard me talk about this coming awakening in the church. But awaken to what?

Most here are now beginning to know my stance. Some want to close their ears to the glorious main part of the message God has asked me to share, and only seem to hear what they perceive to be the "negative" side, which is admitting that we are not seeking Him, nor His righteousness, with our whole heart or with single eyes.

Thank God, others do see the whole message, and it is glorious. Most still have their heads cocked a bit trying to figure it all out. LOL, and that is fine. Look, it is simply a difficult thing to wrap your head around, and I will be the first one to admit it. If one of you was Coming sharing what I am ad nauseum, I would be skeptical, big time. Look, I get it. 

I was praying last night as to how to get people to at least understand what is being said with no confusion. At least then they can make a fair choice, with all the facts on the table. God answered me. What is the difference between what I see so clearly and what the vast majority of believers do not? Perspective. That is all. Our perspectives are different. And if one's perspective is not the true one, then choices based on our perspective will often be affected..

So what is this perspective difference? First, the perspective difference is between time and eternity. We live in time... in a finite universe. But since the day we were born again, we began to live in eternity.... as eternal beings. We were destined to stop wandering, occupied with our lives, our goals, our anything. Why? Here is the truth. None of it matters. Our life, outside of Christ, is not what is important. What we do with the King and His kingdom is. Ultimately, our 70 years will pass, our time in this world will cease, like a wisp of smoke from a candle and it will be gone. And I promise you, we will all look back and see how true these words were. Being earthly minds is the perspective of error and great danger, and yet, this is where most of us are, are we not?

The next critical truth we must base decisions off of is the question of whose we are. Not who we are. We cannot answer that one until we first answer whose we are. From the perspective of the vast majority of saints, it is our life and we have chosen to let Jesus in....well, most of our rooms. But we make sure it is understood.... our life, our decisions. We see ourselves as the pilot, and Jesus as co-pilot, and only when we really make a mess of things do we let Him sit in the main chair. Am I right?

We are told clearly, we are not our own. We are bought with a price. And although our salvation is free, there is something expected of us, and no, it is not a work. It is surrender, absolute and complete. This is not negotiable. Making Him Lord of our life changes everything. Surrendering to His authority to reign over us, we now have eyes to see how deep grace it and how blessed we are with all the benefits of becoming "servant sons". There is a cost to count.... all of us. The benefit cannot be minimized. We get back ALL OF HIM.

Here is what I am asking of you. In light of the two above mentioned truths, that we are now eternal beings, being asked to become fully yielded vessels so that we, His people, can become His hands and feet, how are we doing?

You see, if we still see from this world's perspective, we will think it quite normal to fit Christ into OUR life . And if we are operating at about 75% being on fire for him, which is far better than most, and of course we think about Jesus a lot, and we go to church and .... wait. Stop and think for a minute. If this is how we see things, is this not still being worldly minded, thinking in the temporary? Is this in any way thinking with an eternal perspective? Or are we still operating from our old "my life, my time, my choices" perspective where we somehow see ourselves as "independent agents"? 

God wants to awaken us. ... give us a new perspective.... His in us. So what is God awakening us to? Truth. And what is truth? It is that our citizenship is in heaven. We are sojourners here. This is not our home, or even close to it. This is in truth not our life anymore at all and God humbly asks for our full surrender. 

You see, up till now, as children of God, we have pretty much all been like the prodigal son, who mistakenly thought that the meaning of life was his enjoyment of his inheritance, and his life was about him. It was not. It was about his life in relationship to the father. And when he learned this lesson, a pain-filled one no doubt, but a blessed one once learned, the son went back to his father with a servant's heart and with that perspective, was blessed with all the Father had. That is what awaits us.

The prodigal awoke to the truth, and reasoned with himself:

"Even the servants in my Father's house have it better than I do." 

Was his motive pure in his awakening? Not at all. It was still about him and what it did for him. But somewhere along the line,as he made his way back to the Father, he broke. No more was it about him. His delight in his independence, with his free will reigning supreme, had a monumental paradigm shift. His entire outlook of himself and his relationship to his father changed. He saw Himself through his Father's eyes. There! There it is... our awakening to a different perspective, the one perspective that is important. It is God's..... God's perspective.

So how is it with you this day, dear brothers and sister? How does God see you as you walk out your life today? Are you still living as if this world, this life, your life apart from Him, had importance? Does He see you fully surrendered and pressing in for moreover Him , or does He see you still holding back from absolute surrender, from crowning Him Lord of your life and all there is in it? 

How "hard" does He see you going after Him? How important is your walk with Jesus? Are you running your race as if you will be the one to win the prize, or does He see you settling for a participation medal? Are we heavenly minded or are the vast majority of our thoughts spent on US and OUR life here? What does the God who sees everything see?

I pray no one twists these words. This is not legalism. I am not pressing you to DO anything. I am urging you in the love of Christ to BE His! I am not telling any to be stronger. Strength...weakness ... it matters not. Where you and I are right now, no matter how admirably we may see ourselves as walking, and as well, and truthfully as well, no matter how horribly, God wants all to bow to His will for us, for it is wonderful. But we cannot see how good and perfect and acceptable the Lord's will for us really is until this surrender is made, even if it with trembling.

God wants all of who we are on the potters wheel, for it is only when He has full access to us can he demonstrate what an amazing master potter He is.

With eternal eyes, and with a true understanding of whose we are, I believe once you see this, you will awaken fully and come out of the fog that this world has had us in. We are ETERNAL beings. Wow! And praise God, once our perspective is God's, faith to believe that He can keep us from falling and really deliver us from the power of evil will be the easiest decision ever.

Many blessings to all, awake or not.

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I cannot thank you enough for sharing this. It’s so true.

When I was awakened, I was at the lowest point in my life. Whatever house I had built had long since been washed away, left only with a small plot from which to call a foundation. I found fault with myself. I knew I had sinned and really made a mess of everything in my life. When I truly cried out to God, He answered, changed me, and gave me His beautiful foundation on which i could now build.

The change in me was just as you have described. A shift in thinking so profound, you can’t hold back the joy. NOTHING else on this earth matters. Not the opinions of others, (including those you love and respect,) not whether you have the perfect career or not. God accepted me when I cried out to Him... when I was broke and laying in a pile of my own sin.

But He changed me, in an instant. Gone were the lusts of my flesh, the unforgiveness and resentment towards those I could not forgive on my own. Vanquished were the vile and profane words that once flowed so easily off my tongue. Though I still had more work to be done, (and still do,) His true sense of peace was now inside of me. Fear, anxiety, depression, all seem like foreign concepts, though they once ruled over me.

In an instant, my views changed. I was filled with His truth. I used to read every political and science news story I could find... but then they became noise. My mind was set on Him, and the life beyond this temporary space we now dwell. Death is gain. That isn’t a weird suicidal wish, it’s a glorious promise. We are merely here to find His true purpose for our lives as He sees fit. What once may have been painful memories are now seen through His glorious and perfect perception, and even instances where we once may have thought we were wronged by others, even greatly so, there is only forgiveness. For when we live in Him, and He in us, there truly is nothing in this world that can affect us.

I long so hard to be a vessel of truth and love in His name... for the promise of His dwelling within us as *truly* born again sons, is real.

We are able to live without the fear of condemnation and guilt for our old deeds we committed before we were truly His.

We see sin so evidently and clearly, that it is easily avoided. You know how they say it’s more effort to frown than to smile? Walking with Him in our new natures, it is far easier to avoid sin than to fall victim to it. Because once you feel the realness of what it means to truly be made new, NOTHING else will stand in the way of you wanting to keep that.

I’m not saying it’s not possible to sin in this awakened state. It just takes a conscious effort to cross that “line” between living in the Spirit... and living in the flesh. And if we sin (not when we do,) we are hopefully open to His Fatherly discipline, and given an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to find out what it truly means to be repentant... and forgiven.

To find yourself longing to be in constant prayer, with new (and old) songs of praise to Him on your heart is the most wonderful and joyous space I know.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, FinallyAlive said:

When I was awakened, I was at the lowest point in my life. Whatever house I had built had long since been washed away, left only with a small plot from which to call a foundation. I found fault with myself. I knew I had sinned and really made a mess of everything in my life. When I truly cried out to God, He answered, changed me, and gave me His beautiful foundation on which i could now build.

The change in me was just as you have described. A shift in thinking so profound, you can’t hold back the joy. NOTHING else on this earth matters. Not the opinions of others, (including those you love and respect,) not whether you have the perfect career or not. God accepted me when I cried out to Him... when I was broke and laying in a pile of my own sin.

But He changed me, in an instant. Gone were the lusts of my flesh, the unforgiveness and resentment towards those I could not forgive on my own. Vanquished were the vile and profane words that once flowed so easily off my tongue. Though I still had more work to be done, (and still do,) His true sense of peace was now inside of me. Fear, anxiety, depression, all seem like foreign concepts, though they once ruled over me.

In an instant, my views changed. I was filled with His truth. I used to read every political and science news story I could find... but then they became noise. My mind was set on Him, and the life beyond this temporary space we now dwell. Death is gain. That isn’t a weird suicidal wish, it’s a glorious promise. We are merely here to find His true purpose for our lives as He sees fit. What once may have been painful memories are now seen through His glorious and perfect perception, and even instances where we once may have thought we were wronged by others, even greatly so, there is only forgiveness. For when we live in Him, and He in us, there truly is nothing in this world that can affect us.

I long so hard to be a vessel of truth and love in His name... for the promise of His dwelling within us as *truly* born again sons, is real.

We are able to live without the fear of condemnation and guilt for our old deeds we committed before we were truly His.

We see sin so evidently and clearly, that it is easily avoided. You know how they say it’s more effort to frown than to smile? Walking with Him in our new natures, it is far easier to avoid sin than to fall victim to it. Because once you feel the realness of what it means to truly be made new, NOTHING else will stand in the way of you wanting to keep that.

I’m not saying it’s not possible to sin in this awakened state. It just takes a conscious effort to cross that “line” between living in the Spirit... and living in the flesh. And if we sin (not when we do,) we are hopefully open to His Fatherly discipline, and given an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to find out what it truly means to be repentant... and forgiven.

To find yourself longing to be in constant prayer, with new (and old) songs of praise to Him on your heart is the most wonderful and joyous space I know.

With this being said , let us be honest one to another ,lie not seeing you have put off the old man.

Wonder why I said that.      Its because I Percieve You KNOW Gideon already .    Which is fine .    Yall have a message you both want to share .

What I mean is ,   I perceive you knew Gideon before you showed up here .    Which is just fine .   

And I agree OBEYING JESUS is not legalism.     ITS life and its the abundant life HE promised .   FOR nothing can fulfill a man LIKE CHRIST can.

And by grace we have all the joy , freedom , peace of mind ,   WHEN simply walking IN the SPIRIT .    the abundant life has nothing to do with the things of this world

not its riches , not its cares and pleasures , those choke the word .   the one who has the abundante   LIFE   will have joy even in prison , even on the run

Even when persecuted He will rejoice .  His reigns are held by the LORD and walking in the SPIRIT , obeying the SPIRIT rejoices the heart .

That is the abundant life of knowing HIM.   To know and obey HIM is the abundant life that the world nor its things can ever give .

For even the richest of rich  HAVE not the HOPE , the JOY , nor the peace   That one of HIS has even in the loss of all things .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is lord over all. A christisn has confess him as lord and believed in his name at the time of salvation. We walk with him in sanctufication from the given of the holy spirit. Christ said some bear fruit 30 or 60 or 90 percent. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I do know Gideon. But there’s no conspiracy here. I met him after my miraculous awakening, after a night of crying out to God, desperate to seek potential answers for a new nature in me that seemed so foreign and unknown to even the most seemingly devoted Christians I knew. There isn’t anything for me to gain here by sharing, personally. I have no agenda to push, I am merely here to share my own experiences with being truly born again, and what that means to me... as a witness to the true promises our God grants us, if only we submit fully to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FinallyAlive said:

THIS is identical to how to happened to me .   A whole new heart with whole new desires ,   HIS love for truth , holiness , righteousness RIGHT on the heart .

This happened smack on day one .     I was not in any church ,  I was living like a hog .   I had heard the gospel years and years before .

But one day , HE by grace stirred in my conscious and every desire for the old was GONE and only a hunger for truth was their .

OH,  evil is still in the flesh ,  but the desire is not for it .   in fact when it rears up into a thought ,   its alarm bells and emptiness.

What also happened is as by grace God led me to the SON , I was reading and reading that wonderful bible and what else happened,  SIN became exceeding sinful

I became aware of how vile and wicked sin is ,  and then I cried unto the LORD ,    LORD save me from the evils of this own flesh.  

It was not long after I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost .   God drew me to the SON and showed me how I , me , myself DEEPLY, DEEPLY needed a savoir

and the thing is ,  from my own evil flesh.   LED me to a great dependence on Christ and absolutely no trust in me , BUT IN HIM .     SO , 

this is why I often say PRAISE THE LORD PEOPLES ,   because when GOD sent Grace to me ,   it sure was nothing I earned ,   I was far wicked than most

No way no how did I deserve mercy .  BUT PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS MERCY and ARISE and shouts songs of victory in CHRIST . 

For what is impossible for man ,  IS POSSIBLE IN CHRIST .  and that IS FACT .   I can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST who strengthens me .   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

With this being said , let us be honest one to another ,lie not seeing you have put off the old man.

Wonder why I said that.      Its because I Percieve You KNOW Gideon already .    Which is fine .    Yall have a message you both want to share .

What I mean is ,   I perceive you knew Gideon before you showed up here .    Which is just fine .   

I am confused. Why would you imply thathe may be lying? This brother and I have shared posts back and forth on another forum, edifying one another, just as we now do here. We have never met face to face, we have never spoken by phone.  If it is just fine, as you say, why post this as if something is going on under the surface? 

Blessings,

Gideon

1 minute ago, FinallyAlive said:

I do know Gideon. But there’s no conspiracy here. I met him after my miraculous awakening, after a night of crying out to God, desperate to seek potential answers for a new nature in me that seemed so foreign and unknown to even the most seemingly devoted Christians I knew. There isn’t anything for me to gain here by sharing, personally. I have no agenda to push, I am merely here to share my own experiences with being truly born again, and what that means to me... as a witness to the true promises our God grants us, if only we submit fully to Him.

The LORD is good .    Most men who have a conspiracy will LIE .   You simply confirmed what was perceived is all.

We do need to test all things taught .  no matter who teaches them.  For we all know men can be wrong .  BUT GOD IS TRUTH .   SO we test all things

by scripture .  And the HOLY SPIRIT will reveal things to those who are HIS .    We still must be grave against error .    Just as the Spirit worked and works on us

so too by this grace we must edify and exhort daily ,  lest any man does become hardned through the deceitfulness of sin .   So don't be surpised if you see me

being grave at times .   its very needful as well as the encourgments too.

2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I am confused. Why would you imply thathe may be lying? This brother and I have shared posts back and forth on another forum, edifying one another, just as we now do here. We have never met face to face, we have never spoken by phone.  If it is just fine, as you say, why post this as if something is going on under the surface? 

Blessings,

Gideon

NO,    I was not saying He was lying ,    I knew he knew you .    Its just some people will lie and HE DID NOT .     he was honest.

The question you might ask ,   is Why was I allowed to know that .   I actually FELT it quite strongly as I read his post ,  that came to me very strong

this man knows Gideon.     I am led also to remind you,   we must remain grave about error as well.    Just take that for edification purposes .