Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

It seems to me, that sense the greatest thing in Heaven is love. It would follow than, that, the ability to love the other individual more, would make one greater in the Kingdom of Heaven, than he that can love less. Seeing how God is love, than it would also follow, that he that has the more of Christ formed in them in the here and now,  will  have or be able to manifest more of Him in Heaven. Could it be, that there’s a direct relationship between Christ being formed in us on earth, to the ability of a person to to love and manifest love to the other people in Heaven? If so, that would make it of great importance or better yet,  the only thing of great importance, would be to have Christ formed in us, in the here and now to the fullest extent we are capable of. 

So the prayer of,

“all of Him and nothing of me”.

Comes to mind. 

But than, would it not also follow, that since God is “life”, than that he that has more of God manifest in and through them, would posses a greater degree of “life” than him that has less of God manifest in and through them?? ) 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Not me said:

It seems to me, that sense the greatest thing in Heaven is love. It would follow than, that, the ability to love the other individual more, would make one greater in the Kingdom of Heaven, than he that can love less. Seeing how God is love, than it would also follow, that he that has the more of Christ formed in them in the here and now,  will  have or be able to manifest more of Him in Heaven. Could it be, that there’s a direct relationship between Christ being formed in us on earth, to the ability of a person to to love and manifest love to the other people in Heaven? If so, that would make it of great importance or better yet,  the only thing of great importance, would be to have Christ formed in us, in the here and now to the fullest extent we are capable of. 

So the prayer of,

Comes to mind. 

But than, would it not also follow, that since God is “life”, than that he that has more of God manifest in and through them, would posses a greater degree of “life” than him that has less of God manifest in and through them?? ) 

So long as it aint that perverted twisted love gospel .    TRUE LOVE puts JESUS , HIS SAYINGS above all things .  THEN from that true love we see how to love the other .

We twist JESUS sayings and allow people to feel comfy in sin and just hug .   THAT aint love .  but I assume you know that .

Love don't put the welfare of others BEFORE GOD or that aint love .  IT LOVES TRUTH .   charity rejoices IN TRUTH .    From that type of love we then see clearly HOW to help the other .

An example of GOD s love .    we warn , we rebuke if one is in error ,   we also put their welfare above ours ,   

an example of satans sensual love .    HEY don't judge hater ,   when one tries to correct ,  or hey lets just focus on what we have n common and not doctrines .   That is satans love spell.

But again  I assume you know this .     You throw those hands up and give shouts of praise to the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

So long as it aint that perverted twisted love gospel .    TRUE LOVE puts JESUS , HIS SAYINGS above all things .  THEN from that true love we see how to love the other .

We twist JESUS sayings and allow people to feel comfy in sin and just hug .   THAT aint love .  but I assume you know that .

Love don't put the welfare of others BEFORE GOD or that aint love .  IT LOVES TRUTH .   charity rejoices IN TRUTH .    From that type of love we then see clearly HOW to help the other .

An example of GOD s love .    we warn , we rebuke if one is in error ,   we also put their welfare above ours ,   

an example of satans sensual love .    HEY don't judge hater ,   when one tries to correct ,  or hey lets just focus on what we have n common and not doctrines .   That is satans love spell.

But again  I assume you know this .     You throw those hands up and give shouts of praise to the LORD .

I would think in Heaven it will be “agape” love, I would expect it to be no less. 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't the greatest thing in Heaven Gods Glory?  I mean, who or what is greater than God?  I know, I know....God is love....but He is far more than that....right?

John 11:4 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
John 11:40 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
Acts 7:55 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Romans 3:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 5:2 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 15:7 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 1:20 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
2 Corinthians 4:6 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:15 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
Philippians 2:11 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Revelation 15:8 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.
Revelation 21:11 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Revelation 21:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

1 hour ago, p.rehbein said:

Isn't the greatest thing in Heaven Gods Glory?  I mean, who or what is greater than God?  I know, I know....God is love....but He is far more than that....right?

You posed a interesting question; Which is greater, God’s love or His glory? Or are they just a variation on a theme? 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

In my mind, it is His Glory.  Yes, God is a God of love, but He is also an angry God, a jealous God, a God who reserves vengeance for Himself, a just God, and much more..... (just saying)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have thought, that since Gods love has no disorder in it, and Gods holiness has no disorder in it, the same with Gods mercy and His goodness and all His attributes. Than that would make God a God that is free from all disorder. (my thoughts)

or as a author I enjoy reading writes, God is a “will to all goodness”

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/13/2018 at 8:32 PM, Not me said:

So the prayer of,

Comes to mind. 

Bless you Notme.  In looking at the scriptures, I found that it speaks of the greatest in heaven in terms of humility actually, rather than love.  I have had to learn the hard way a little secret about how vitally important it is not to go beyond what is written, and in this way we submit our thoughts to being taken captive by His word, so to speak, and this keeps us safe from wandering outside the sheepfold of His truth.  These are the scriptures that speak about the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and hope you find it helpful:

Mar 9:34-35

But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Mat 18:4

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

And this is also important since it says elsewhere that God is against the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

That said, love is also a vitally important fruit of the spirit, and I don't mean at all to diminish it:

1Co 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1Co 13:1

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1Co 13:2

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/13/2018 at 8:38 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Those are some very good points frienduff......we really need to understand what God means by love, in order to be able to walk in it.  The world has it's own idea of love and it is not the same as biblical love, God's way.

• This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Bless you Notme.  In looking at the scriptures, I found that it speaks of the greatest in heaven in terms of humility actually, rather than love.  I have had to learn the hard way a little secret about how vitally important it is not to go beyond what is written, and in this way we submit our thoughts to being taken captive by His word, so to speak, and this keeps us safe from wandering outside the sheepfold of His truth.  These are the scriptures that speak about the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, and hope you find it helpful:

Mar 9:34-35

But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.

And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.

Mat 18:4

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

And this is also important since it says elsewhere that God is against the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

That said, love is also a vitally important fruit of the spirit, and I don't mean at all to diminish it:

1Co 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1Co 13:1

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1Co 13:2

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

If you think the scripture teaches that humility is greater than love. That’s fine. I think humility is that thing that makes love possible, but we all understand words just a little different.  As long as it is what you feel your personal relationship with Christ is teaching  you. For getting to know Him in all reality and truth is that thing that teaches us all things. 

Much love in Christ, Mot me

Edited by Not me