• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.22
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Tristen said:

FreeGrace said: 

Have you not yet clicked on the transliteration word above "was" in biblehub.com?

Because your question insinuated an unwarranted, unspecified obligation on my part - which therefore requires clarification and justification before I can answer.

Since when are questions "unwarranted"?  I gave you my source and you sure seem to want to avoid it at all costs.  Why is that?  

On the main page?

You have not given me any "data". Just a vague, "source" which doesn't have the relevant "data" on it. There is no relevant "data" on the "biblehub.com" main page.

Surely you could provide a link to what you did in Biblehub. I mean - if it's not too much trouble to give me something supporting your own claims?

Getting real tired of this back and forth.  Just playing games, it appears.  If you are as knowledgeable about the Hebrew as appears from your posts, why is it that you seem to be totally unaware of how biblehub.com works?  And not even interested in checking it out to see what I learned from that site?

Well, once you provide your data, we can compare our data - and then track down and investigate any discrepancies.

I HAVE provided the DATA for ALL to see, if they are willing.  Those who aren't is their own problem.  

I told you where they came from. I told you how I found the right form, and how I confirmed that the right form was being used, and what version of the Bible I used. Once you know the translation, the provided book title, chapter and verse numbers are all the references you should require to confirm the "quotes".

There is only ONE "form" of 'hayah' in Gebn 1:2.  And those who are interested only have to click on the transliteration of the word in the interlinear function and they will get a list of 111 verses, ALL of which have that EXACT SAME FORM.  How is that so difficult?

You claimed a certain word was translated a certain way, and at a certain rate.

Prove me wrong by going to biblehub and doing your own research on their site and show me your results.  I've shown you mine and you know where I got them.  It is that simple.

I found all uses of that word, and then listed quotes for each usage from one translation of scripture. The listed quotes and their counts are the "facts" (i.e. the facts of how verses using the specific form have been translated in the NKJV of the Bible). These "facts" represent valid "evidence" supporting my argument and refuting yours.

Not relevant.  Just go to Gen 1:2 on biblehub, click on 'interlin' and then click on the transliteration above the Hebrew word there for "hayah".  Real easy to do.  Then, scroll through the 111 verses and keep track of how many times you see 'became/become'.  That amounts to 59% of all 111 verses with that EXACT SAME FORM of the verb.

Or prove me wrong by using my own source and data.

Whether I can claim ownership over the "facts" is probably a broader semantic philosophical discussion. But the research is certainly my "own".

Just prove me wrong with my own research.  Very easy and quick to do.

No it's not. It's just an unsupported claim that you found some "evidence".

Not very scholarly response to the FACT that I gave the website, and how to use it to find how many times throughout the OT that "hayah" is translated as "become/became".  

Did you really use "a reputable website that shows how a certain word in that EXACT SAME FORM is translated in EVERY other verse in the OT"?

OK - show me what you found.

I did.  Prove me wrong by going to that website and counting for yourself.

There is no 'seeming' about it. I've stated it outright. Unless you provide me a direct link to the data, I have to assume that your supposed "evidence" doesn't exist.

This is pitiful.  www.biblehub.com  Now, go to it and prove me wrong.

That's how debates work. It's not my job to seek out and provide supporting evidence for your position.

I know exactly how debates work.  Seems you are not willing to admit that my data is accurate.  

Which, I have now come to understand to be your way of admitting you don't have a rational rebuttal to what I just stated.

That's silly.  I stand fully behind what biblehub shows for the EXACT SAME FORM for "hayah" in Gen 1:2.  The irrational "rebuttal" is failing to prove me wrong by showing  how I erred from their data.  Very easy to do.

That is not how sources work. Sources are supposed to directly point to the claimed information being referenced - so that the reader can verify that what is being said is true. The onus is always on the person making the claim to provide the source. The onus is never on the person seeking to verify the claim to have to track down the source based on some vague directions.

I know fully how "sources" work.  

And you would be incorrect.

Then prove it by going to biblehub yourself.  Show me my error please.  I don't want to be wrong any more than you do.

Your supposed "source" for the claimed information would not be accepted as a "valid" by any reviewer trying to verify your claim.

Let me get something straight here.  I haven't provided a "supposed source", with quotes around it.  What are you trying to pull here anyway?  It seems you are suggesting that biblehub isn't a legitimate source.

But the refusal to go to it and find if I've erred shows a clear bias.

Your "source" is only slightly less vague than claiming google as a "source".

Nonsense.  And please stop wasting your quote marks.  Biblehub is a legitimate source for understanding both the Hebrew and Greek.  

I don't "like it" (your pseudo-source) because it doesn't do the job of a "source" - i.e. to verify the claimed information. 

Oh, there we go.  Biblehub is now a "pseudo-source".  Just keep demonstrating that total lack of objectivity and un-scholarly attitude.

What makes you so important that you get to challenge everybody else to provide evidence for their claims

Another example of extreme bias.  I never even suggested that I was important at all.  This illustrates how negatively my posts are being read (bias).

What IS totally important is what the Word of God SAYS.  I gave my data from biblehub, so those who don't like it can go there themselves, count for themselves, and show me my error.  Very easy to do.

Lol. You haven't "provided" anything to me.

lol.  Negative bias at work again.  Sure I did.  And everyone has seen it.

But I don't have your supposed biblehub evidence.

And that's my problem?  No, that's yours.  Challenge my data by going to that "pseudo-source" for yourself and count how many times "hayah" in the EXACT SAME FORM as found in Gen 1:2 is found elsewhere in the OT.

So you tested my list with "Biblehub.com's interlinear". Did you find my list to be wrong somewhere? Where?

You gave no information for where you got your information from.  I highly doubt you read through the entire OT to find the EXACT SAME FORM of "hayah" as in Gen 1:2.  Thta's why I use biblehub.  They have done that.  

What "source"? You mean biblehub.com? Lol.

Right.  It's just a "pseudo-source", to quote you.  lol is right.

Yup. I'll shout it from the rooftops, "I will not go looking for evidence supporting your position. Your job in a debate is to reference the explicit evidence of what you are claiming. Simply telling me to 'go find it' on a website does not (and never will) qualify as referencing your claim".

Then you are simply unwilling to prove me wrong.  Some might call this laziness.  I have no words for what it might be.  But it would be VERY EASY to prove me wrong by going to the source for my data and doing your own counting for yourself.

But don't you have a list from "biblehub.com"? Surely you can use your "biblehub.com" list to scan through my list to make sure I used the same verses.

The list is provided by biblehub for anyone to see and count.  Those who are really interested.  And those who think I've erred and want to prove I'm wrong.

And if there's a discrepancy, we can check it out together using "Biblehub.com's interlinear". :)

I don't need to compare to anyone's list.  If you can prove that what biblehub provides is either incomplete, or simply in error, that's how to refute my data.

Cool - Can you provide a link to the results of this?

Sure.  biblehub, which you have called a "pseudo-source".  

My statement was not "false". All you've given me is a general website, and some vague instructions on how to find evidence supporting your position, then told me essentially to 'go-fetch'.

Wow.  A "general website".  I guess you view ALL websites as simply "general" then.  Or is there some biased reason for calling biblehub a "general website"?

As to the charge of my giving "vague instructions" on how to use biblehub, I had no idea there is so much unfamiliarity on your part with using Bible study websites.  At any rate, there was nothing "vague" about my instructions.  Either your skills at using  Bible study websites is rather lacking, or the extreme bias (pseudo-source) has gotten the better of you. 

Whereas all you've ever had to do is provide a link to the results.

For the umpteenth time, biblehub.com

I give you enough credit to assume that you are aware of how obtuse you are being.

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse

a
lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect INSENSITIVESTUPID
He is too obtuse to take a hint.
b
difficult to comprehend not clear or precise in thought or expression
It is also, unfortunately, ill-written, and at times obtuse and often trivial.

Do insults make you feel better?  Everyone who reads this thread knows I have been very clear.  So maybe all the "difficult to comprehend" or "insensitive,stupid" isn't on my side of the conversation.

So much effort to deflect, when, if your evidence is so compelling, you could put much of this episode to bed by simply presenting the evidence you've found.

And you think I'm worried about "everyone who reads this thread".

Why would I be concerned about what worries you?  What would that matter?

All you've done in our conversation is relayed to me what you supposedly found, then presumed to give me an errand to find that same evidence for myself - i.e. for your case.

"what I've supposedly found"??  Really.  Why not go to that "pseudo-source" and count for yourself to prove me wrong, since you clearly think I am.

I guess you didn't have a response for that one either.

I tend to ignore comments, claims, charges that are bogus.

To be fair, fallacies are notoriously difficult to defend. It surprises me so many people still choose to use them.

Since you haven't provided ANY defense for your own claims, I can see that.

One thing is clear;  given what I've presented, it would be VERY EASY to refute me by my own data simply by going to that "general" website that you've called a "pseudo-source" and counting for yourself.

So, having NOT done that, and making fun of biblehub as seen throughout your posts, it is clear that refuting me by using my data is impossible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Since when are questions "unwarranted"?  I gave you my source and you sure seem to want to avoid it at all costs.  Why is that?  

Getting real tired of this back and forth.  Just playing games, it appears.  If you are as knowledgeable about the Hebrew as appears from your posts, why is it that you seem to be totally unaware of how biblehub.com works?  And not even interested in checking it out to see what I learned from that site?

I HAVE provided the DATA for ALL to see, if they are willing.  Those who aren't is their own problem.  

There is only ONE "form" of 'hayah' in Gebn 1:2.  And those who are interested only have to click on the transliteration of the word in the interlinear function and they will get a list of 111 verses, ALL of which have that EXACT SAME FORM.  How is that so difficult?

Prove me wrong by going to biblehub and doing your own research on their site and show me your results.  I've shown you mine and you know where I got them.  It is that simple.

Not relevant.  Just go to Gen 1:2 on biblehub, click on 'interlin' and then click on the transliteration above the Hebrew word there for "hayah".  Real easy to do.  Then, scroll through the 111 verses and keep track of how many times you see 'became/become'.  That amounts to 59% of all 111 verses with that EXACT SAME FORM of the verb.

Or prove me wrong by using my own source and data.

Just prove me wrong with my own research.  Very easy and quick to do.

Not very scholarly response to the FACT that I gave the website, and how to use it to find how many times throughout the OT that "hayah" is translated as "become/became".  

I did.  Prove me wrong by going to that website and counting for yourself.

This is pitiful.  www.biblehub.com  Now, go to it and prove me wrong.

I know exactly how debates work.  Seems you are not willing to admit that my data is accurate.  

That's silly.  I stand fully behind what biblehub shows for the EXACT SAME FORM for "hayah" in Gen 1:2.  The irrational "rebuttal" is failing to prove me wrong by showing  how I erred from their data.  Very easy to do.

I know fully how "sources" work.  

Then prove it by going to biblehub yourself.  Show me my error please.  I don't want to be wrong any more than you do.

Let me get something straight here.  I haven't provided a "supposed source", with quotes around it.  What are you trying to pull here anyway?  It seems you are suggesting that biblehub isn't a legitimate source.

But the refusal to go to it and find if I've erred shows a clear bias.

Nonsense.  And please stop wasting your quote marks.  Biblehub is a legitimate source for understanding both the Hebrew and Greek.  

Oh, there we go.  Biblehub is now a "pseudo-source".  Just keep demonstrating that total lack of objectivity and un-scholarly attitude.

Another example of extreme bias.  I never even suggested that I was important at all.  This illustrates how negatively my posts are being read (bias).

What IS totally important is what the Word of God SAYS.  I gave my data from biblehub, so those who don't like it can go there themselves, count for themselves, and show me my error.  Very easy to do.

lol.  Negative bias at work again.  Sure I did.  And everyone has seen it.

And that's my problem?  No, that's yours.  Challenge my data by going to that "pseudo-source" for yourself and count how many times "hayah" in the EXACT SAME FORM as found in Gen 1:2 is found elsewhere in the OT.

You gave no information for where you got your information from.  I highly doubt you read through the entire OT to find the EXACT SAME FORM of "hayah" as in Gen 1:2.  Thta's why I use biblehub.  They have done that.  

Right.  It's just a "pseudo-source", to quote you.  lol is right.

Then you are simply unwilling to prove me wrong.  Some might call this laziness.  I have no words for what it might be.  But it would be VERY EASY to prove me wrong by going to the source for my data and doing your own counting for yourself.

The list is provided by biblehub for anyone to see and count.  Those who are really interested.  And those who think I've erred and want to prove I'm wrong.

I don't need to compare to anyone's list.  If you can prove that what biblehub provides is either incomplete, or simply in error, that's how to refute my data.

Sure.  biblehub, which you have called a "pseudo-source".  

Wow.  A "general website".  I guess you view ALL websites as simply "general" then.  Or is there some biased reason for calling biblehub a "general website"?

As to the charge of my giving "vague instructions" on how to use biblehub, I had no idea there is so much unfamiliarity on your part with using Bible study websites.  At any rate, there was nothing "vague" about my instructions.  Either your skills at using  Bible study websites is rather lacking, or the extreme bias (pseudo-source) has gotten the better of you. 

For the umpteenth time, biblehub.com

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtuse

a
lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect INSENSITIVESTUPID
He is too obtuse to take a hint.
b
difficult to comprehend not clear or precise in thought or expression
It is also, unfortunately, ill-written, and at times obtuse and often trivial.

Do insults make you feel better?  Everyone who reads this thread knows I have been very clear.  So maybe all the "difficult to comprehend" or "insensitive,stupid" isn't on my side of the conversation.

Why would I be concerned about what worries you?  What would that matter?

"what I've supposedly found"??  Really.  Why not go to that "pseudo-source" and count for yourself to prove me wrong, since you clearly think I am.

I tend to ignore comments, claims, charges that are bogus.

Since you haven't provided ANY defense for your own claims, I can see that.

One thing is clear;  given what I've presented, it would be VERY EASY to refute me by my own data simply by going to that "general" website that you've called a "pseudo-source" and counting for yourself.

So, having NOT done that, and making fun of biblehub as seen throughout your posts, it is clear that refuting me by using my data is impossible.

Bottom line - your position relies heavily on your claim that the Hebrew 'haya', in the specific form 'hayetha' is translated 'became' 70% of the time it is used in the Old Testament (now, if I understand correctly, this figure has been adjusted down to 59%).

I spent many hours researching your claim from basic principles and found your claim to be incorrect - providing a full list of the relevant scriptures; quoting how they are translated. That is, I posted these facts directly to this site for everyone to see - and scrutinize.

Meanwhile, you accused me of making false statements and having no idea about what I claimed.

And now, though you claim the evidence of your position is easy to find, you utterly refuse to provide it to me for scrutiny. You instead point me to a website and tell me to find your evidence for myself.

No matter how many ways you try and posture your way around it, until you directly provide your own evidence for the scrutiny of myself (and perhaps other readers), the status of your claim remains at "incorrect". And the status of your overall position remains unsupported.

That's how logic and debates work.

9 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Oh no - I say horsedoovers too!  However, I can't take credit for that one as I heard it from my nephew-in-law . . .

And I sometimes get clichés a little mixed up, like I sometimes say to my wife things like "my little hamster gets tired climbing to the top of its happy meal." :P

I love horsedoovers. :) 

• Group:  Royal Member

1 hour ago, Tristen said:

Bottom line - your position relies heavily on your claim that the Hebrew 'haya', in the specific form 'hayetha' is translated 'became' 70% of the time it is used in the Old Testament (now, if I understand correctly, this figure has been adjusted down to 59%).

My claim is based on what biblehub shows for all uses of that verb in the exact same form as in Gen 1:2.  Easily verified by those who are interested.

I spent many hours researching your claim from basic principles and found your claim to be incorrect - providing a full list of the relevant scriptures; quoting how they are translated. That is, I posted these facts directly to this site for everyone to see - and scrutinize.

Hm.  Well, seems the first problem is that it doesn't take "many hours" to research my claim.  Literally a few minutes.  So obviously you're doing something wrong.

Oh, and the fact that you have refused to go to biblehub yourself.

And now, though you claim the evidence of your position is easy to find, you utterly refuse to provide it to me for scrutiny. You instead point me to a website and tell me to find your evidence for myself.

I HAVE provided all you need to SEE FOR YOURSELF.  But is very clear to me that you aren't really interested in the facts.  And calling biblehub a "pseudo source" is proof positive that your opinions aren't even close to reality.  

The reason I even know about how to research any specific form of a word in the Hebrew is that I met a man whose Bible he carried to church and read from had the original Hebrew for all of the OT and original Koine Greek for all of the NT, except Aramaic where that was the original language.  And he explained biblehub to me.  I have no idea where you got your learning, but to call biblehub a "pseudo source" is the height of inaccuracy.  It is a very powerful Bible study program.  

No matter how many ways you try and posture your way around it, until you directly provide your own evidence for the scrutiny of myself (and perhaps other readers), the status of your claim remains at "incorrect". And the status of your overall position remains unsupported.

That's how logic and debates work.

Your arguments are beyond tired.  Your pseudo grading result is just as tired.

There has been no "posturing" in my posts; only in yours when you provide a list of verses, with NO explanation of where you copied and pasted from (like what website).

My method takes only a few minutes literally, and you claim you've spend "many hours" doing your 'research'.  Right.  

It is your numbers that are refuted by biblehub.  Is that why you have besmirched the website?  Don't like being refuted?

1 hour ago, FreeGrace said:

My claim is based on what biblehub shows for all uses of that verb in the exact same form as in Gen 1:2.  Easily verified by those who are interested.

And yet you refuse to verify your own claim for yourself. You instead expect the opposing view to verify your claim for themselves.

Even if you legitimately thought I was being lazy or difficult - you could have saved several posts by just linking to the results of your biblehub research. And then the conversation could move on.

Hm.  Well, seems the first problem is that it doesn't take "many hours" to research my claim.  Literally a few minutes.  So obviously you're doing something wrong.

It's simply the difference between doing one's own research from basic principles, and relying on another resource.

I don't necessarily consider one to be superior to the other - except in this case, only one data set has been presented to the debate in support of one position.

Oh, and the fact that you have refused to go to biblehub yourself

Yes - I refuse to "go to biblehub" for the purpose of finding supporting evidence of your position. Though if you were to provide a link to the "biblehub" results of your research, I'll gladly take a look.

I HAVE provided all you need to SEE FOR YOURSELF

You have provided vague instructions on where and how to do the same research you did. But you have not provided any resulting data supporting your position.

I'm genuinely curious about why you outright refuse to provide the simplest support for your claim.

But is very clear to me that you aren't really interested in the facts

As expected - more posturing and Innuendo - but no actual "facts".

And calling biblehub a "pseudo source" is proof positive that your opinions aren't even close to reality.  

The reason I even know about how to research any specific form of a word in the Hebrew is that I met a man whose Bible he carried to church and read from had the original Hebrew for all of the OT and original Koine Greek for all of the NT, except Aramaic where that was the original language.  And he explained biblehub to me.  I have no idea where you got your learning, but to call biblehub a "pseudo source" is the height of inaccuracy.  It is a very powerful Bible study program.  

I have no issue with "biblehub". But it is only a tool, not a "source". Therefore, my issue is with you misusing it as a "source".

But if you were to link me to the specific page presenting the results of how you used "biblehub", that would be a valid "source" of the information you claimed.

Your arguments are beyond tired.  Your pseudo grading result is just as tired.

There has been no "posturing" in my posts; only in yours when you provide a list of verses, with NO explanation of where you copied and pasted from (like what website).

My method takes only a few minutes literally, and you claim you've spend "many hours" doing your 'research'.  Right.  

It is your numbers that are refuted by biblehub.  Is that why you have besmirched the website?  Don't like being refuted?

Lol. Yet more empty posturing.

I have not "besmirched the website" - but your illegitimate usage of "the website" - i.e. claiming the general website to be the "source" of information supporting your claim.

I don't know why you have decided to dig-in on this, but if you are hell-bent on not providing the supporting data for your claim, then the debate is concluded. Your position is unsupported.

Thanks for the chat.

8 hours ago, Tristen said:

And yet you refuse to verify your own claim for yourself. You instead expect the opposing view to verify your claim for themselves.

Even if you legitimately thought I was being lazy or difficult - you could have saved several posts by just linking to the results of your biblehub research. And then the conversation could move on.

Amazing that you are so unwilling to even look at the data on biblehub.  Unable to spend even a few minutes, eh?

Click on:  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/1-2.htm which will take you to Genesis 1:2, showing English, original Hebrew and the transliteration of the Hebrew.

Next, click on the transliteration 'hā·yə·ṯāh' above the English "was", which takes you to the ENTIRE list of verses with the EXACT SAME FORM as in Gen 1:2 and how they are translated.

The list is so long I doubt that even this website won't include it in one post.  But here goes:

hā·yə·ṯāh — 111 Occurrences

Genesis 1:2
HEB: וְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָיְתָ֥ה תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ
KJV: And the earth was without form,
INT: the earth was was formless and void

Genesis 3:20
HEB: כִּ֛י הִ֥וא הָֽיְתָ֖ה אֵ֥ם כָּל־
INT: because he become was the mother of all

Genesis 18:12
HEB: אַחֲרֵ֤י בְלֹתִי֙ הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֣י עֶדְנָ֔ה
NAS: I have become old, shall I have pleasure,
INT: After have become have have pleasure my lord

Genesis 29:17
HEB: רַכּ֑וֹת וְרָחֵל֙ הָֽיְתָ֔ה יְפַת־ תֹּ֖אַר
INT: were weak Rachel become was beautiful of form

Genesis 36:12
HEB: וְתִמְנַ֣ע ׀ הָיְתָ֣ה פִילֶ֗גֶשׁ לֶֽאֱלִיפַז֙
INT: Timna become was a concubine Eliphaz

Genesis 38:21
HEB: וַיֹּ֣אמְר֔וּ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה בָזֶ֖ה קְדֵשָֽׁה׃
NAS: But they said, There has been no
INT: saying no has been here harlot

Genesis 38:22
HEB: אָֽמְר֔וּ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה בָזֶ֖ה קְדֵשָֽׁה׃
NAS: said, 'There has been no
INT: said no has been no harlot

Genesis 47:26
HEB: לְבַדָּ֔ם לֹ֥א הָיְתָ֖ה לְפַרְעֹֽה׃ 
NAS: of the priests did not become Pharaoh's.
INT: alone did not become Pharaoh's

Exodus 8:15
HEB: פַּרְעֹ֗ה כִּ֤י הָֽיְתָה֙ הָֽרְוָחָ֔ה וְהַכְבֵּד֙
INT: Pharaoh for there was relief hardened

Exodus 9:24
HEB: מִצְרַ֔יִם מֵאָ֖ז הָיְתָ֥ה לְגֽוֹי׃ 
INT: of Egypt for became A nation

Exodus 16:13
HEB: הַֽמַּחֲנֶ֑ה וּבַבֹּ֗קֶר הָֽיְתָה֙ שִׁכְבַ֣ת הַטַּ֔ל
INT: the camp the morning came A layer of dew

Exodus 16:24
HEB: וְרִמָּ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֥יְתָה בּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: worm nor become

Exodus 36:7
HEB: וְהַמְּלָאכָ֗ה הָיְתָ֥ה דַיָּ֛ם לְכָל־
NAS: For the material they had was sufficient
INT: the material had was sufficient for all

Leviticus 21:3
HEB: אֲשֶׁ֥ר לֹֽא־ הָיְתָ֖ה לְאִ֑ישׁ לָ֖הּ
NAS: to him because she has had no
INT: because no has husband may defile

Numbers 14:24
HEB: כָלֵ֗ב עֵ֣קֶב הָֽיְתָ֞ה ר֤וּחַ אַחֶ֙רֶת֙
NAS: because he has had a different spirit
INT: Caleb because had spirit A different

Deuteronomy 2:15
HEB: יַד־ יְהוָה֙ הָ֣יְתָה בָּ֔ם לְהֻמָּ֖ם
INT: the hand of the LORD become to destroy within

Deuteronomy 2:36
HEB: הַגִּלְעָ֔ד לֹ֤א הָֽיְתָה֙ קִרְיָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר
INT: to Gilead no become city which

Deuteronomy 3:4
HEB: הַהִ֔וא לֹ֤א הָֽיְתָה֙ קִרְיָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר
INT: he not become A city which

Joshua 11:19
HEB: לֹֽא־ הָיְתָ֣ה עִ֗יר אֲשֶׁ֤ר
INT: not become A city which

Joshua 11:20
HEB: מֵאֵ֣ת יְהוָ֣ה ׀ הָיְתָ֡ה לְחַזֵּ֣ק אֶת־
NAS: that he might utterly destroy them, that they might receive no
INT: for of the LORD receive to harden their hearts

Joshua 14:14
HEB: עַל־ כֵּ֣ן הָיְתָֽה־ חֶ֠בְרוֹן לְכָלֵ֨ב
NAS: Hebron became the inheritance
INT: and after that became Hebron of Caleb

Joshua 17:6
HEB: וְאֶ֙רֶץ֙ הַגִּלְעָ֔ד הָיְתָ֥ה לִבְנֵֽי־ מְנַשֶּׁ֖ה
NAS: of Gilead belonged to the rest
INT: and the land of Gilead belonged of the sons of Manasseh

Joshua 17:8
HEB: לִמְנַשֶּׁ֕ה הָיְתָ֖ה אֶ֣רֶץ תַּפּ֑וּחַ
NAS: of Tappuah belonged to Manasseh,
INT: to Manasseh belonged the land of Tappuah

Judges 2:15
HEB: יַד־ יְהוָה֙ הָיְתָה־ בָּ֣ם לְרָעָ֔ה
INT: the hand of the LORD become evil after

Judges 21:3
HEB: אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל הָ֥יְתָה זֹּ֖את בְּיִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
NAS: has this come about in Israel,
INT: God of Israel come in Israel

Judges 21:5
HEB: הַשְּׁבוּעָ֨ה הַגְּדוֹלָ֜ה הָיְתָ֗ה לַ֠אֲשֶׁר לֹא־
NAS: to the LORD? For they had taken a great
INT: oath A great become who did not

Ruth 1:7
HEB: הַמָּקוֹם֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָיְתָה־ שָׁ֔מָּה וּשְׁתֵּ֥י
INT: the place after become in it two

1 Samuel 4:7
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֥א הָיְתָ֛ה כָּזֹ֖את אֶתְמ֥וֹל
NAS: like this has happened before.
INT: For nothing has happened likewise before time

1 Samuel 4:17
HEB: מַגֵּפָ֥ה גְדוֹלָ֖ה הָיְתָ֣ה בָעָ֑ם וְגַם־
NAS: and there has also been a great
INT: slaughter A great been the people also

1 Samuel 5:11
HEB: עַמִּ֑י כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה מְהֽוּמַת־ מָ֙וֶת֙
INT: and our people for become confusion A deadly

1 Samuel 10:12
HEB: עַל־ כֵּן֙ הָיְתָ֣ה לְמָשָׁ֔ל הֲגַ֥ם
NAS: Therefore it became a proverb:
INT: and it became A proverb also

1 Samuel 14:20
HEB: הַמִּלְחָמָ֑ה וְהִנֵּ֨ה הָיְתָ֜ה חֶ֤רֶב אִישׁ֙
INT: to the battle and behold become sword every

1 Samuel 14:38
HEB: וּרְא֔וּ בַּמָּ֗ה הָֽיְתָ֛ה הַחַטָּ֥את הַזֹּ֖את
NAS: this sin has happened today.
INT: and see how has happened sin likewise

1 Samuel 27:6
HEB: צִֽקְלָ֑ג לָכֵ֞ן הָיְתָ֤ה צִֽקְלַג֙ לְמַלְכֵ֣י
NAS: Ziklag has belonged to the kings
INT: Ziklag therefore has Ziklag to the kings

2 Samuel 3:37
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֤א הָיְתָה֙ מֵֽהַמֶּ֔לֶךְ לְהָמִ֖ית
NAS: that day that it had not been [the will] of the king
INT: for had not been the king to put

2 Samuel 10:9
HEB: יוֹאָ֗ב כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה אֵלָיו֙ פְּנֵ֣י
INT: Joab for was set against front

2 Samuel 13:32
HEB: פִּ֤י אַבְשָׁלוֹם֙ הָיְתָ֣ה שׂוּמָ֔ה מִיּוֹם֙
NAS: of Absalom this has been determined
INT: the intent of Absalom has been determined the day

2 Samuel 14:27
HEB: תָּמָ֑ר הִ֣יא הָיְתָ֔ה אִשָּׁ֖ה יְפַ֥ת
INT: was Tamar he become was a woman of beautiful

2 Samuel 17:9
HEB: הַשֹּׁמֵ֙עַ֙ וְאָמַ֔ר הָֽיְתָה֙ מַגֵּפָ֔ה בָּעָ֕ם
INT: hears will say has been A slaughter the people

1 Kings 2:15
HEB: כִּי־ לִי֙ הָיְתָ֣ה הַמְּלוּכָ֔ה וְעָלַ֞י
NAS: has turned about and become my brother's,
INT: know for and become the kingdom and

HEB: כִּ֥י מֵיְהוָ֖ה הָ֥יְתָה לּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: for the LORD and become

1 Kings 4:11
HEB: בַּת־ שְׁלֹמֹ֔ה הָ֥יְתָה לּ֖וֹ לְאִשָּֽׁה׃
INT: the daughter of Solomon become to wife

1 Kings 11:11
HEB: יַ֚עַן אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָֽיְתָה־ זֹּ֣את עִמָּ֔ךְ
NAS: Because you have done this,
INT: because which become likewise with

1 Kings 12:15
HEB: הָעָ֑ם כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה סִבָּה֙ מֵעִ֣ם
INT: the people for it was A turn from

1 Kings 14:30
HEB: וּמִלְחָמָ֨ה הָיְתָ֧ה בֵין־ רְחַבְעָ֛ם
INT: war become between Rehoboam

1 Kings 15:6

1 Kings 15:7
HEB: יְהוּדָ֑ה וּמִלְחָמָ֥ה הָיְתָ֛ה בֵּ֥ין אֲבִיָּ֖ם
INT: Judah battle become between Abijam

1 Kings 15:16
HEB: וּמִלְחָמָ֨ה הָיְתָ֜ה בֵּ֣ין אָסָ֗א
INT: war become between Asa

1 Kings 15:32

1 Kings 18:46
HEB: וְיַד־ יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ אֶל־ אֵ֣לִיָּ֔הוּ
INT: the hand of the LORD become was on Elijah

2 Kings 8:18
HEB: בַּת־ אַחְאָ֔ב הָֽיְתָה־ לּ֖וֹ לְאִשָּׁ֑ה
NAS: of Ahab became his wife;
INT: the daughter of Ahab became his wife did

2 Kings 24:3
HEB: פִּ֣י יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ בִּֽיהוּדָ֔ה לְהָסִ֖יר
NAS: of the LORD it came upon Judah,
INT: the command of the LORD came Judah to remove

2 Kings 24:7
HEB: כֹּ֛ל אֲשֶׁ֥ר הָיְתָ֖ה לְמֶ֥לֶךְ מִצְרָֽיִם׃
NAS: all that belonged to the king
INT: all that belonged to the king of Egypt

2 Kings 24:20
HEB: אַ֣ף יְהוָ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה בִירוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ וּבִ֣יהוּדָ֔ה
NAS: of the LORD [this] came about in Jerusalem
INT: the anger of the LORD came Jerusalem and Judah

1 Chronicles 7:23
HEB: כִּ֥י בְרָעָ֖ה הָיְתָ֥ה בְּבֵיתֽוֹ׃ 
NAS: misfortune had come upon his house.
INT: because evil had come his house

1 Chronicles 19:10
HEB: יוֹאָ֗ב כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֧ה פְנֵי־ הַמִּלְחָמָ֛ה
INT: Joab for become front the battle

2 Chronicles 1:11
HEB: יַ֣עַן אֲשֶׁר֩ הָיְתָ֨ה זֹ֜את עִם־
NAS: Because you had this
INT: because whom had likewise in

2 Chronicles 10:15
HEB: הָעָ֑ם כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה נְסִבָּה֙ מֵעִ֣ם

2 Chronicles 13:2
HEB: גִּבְעָ֑ה וּמִלְחָמָ֥ה הָיְתָ֛ה בֵּ֥ין אֲבִיָּ֖ה
INT: of Gibeah war become between Abijah

2 Chronicles 14:14
HEB: בִזָּ֥ה רַבָּ֖ה הָיְתָ֥ה בָהֶֽם׃ 
INT: plunder much had fallen

2 Chronicles 15:1
HEB: בֶּן־ עוֹדֵ֔ד הָיְתָ֥ה עָלָ֖יו ר֥וּחַ
NAS: of God came on Azariah
INT: the son of Oded came now the Spirit

2 Chronicles 20:14
HEB: בְּנֵ֣י אָסָ֑ף הָיְתָ֤ה עָלָיו֙ ר֣וּחַ
NAS: of the LORD came upon Jahaziel
INT: of the sons of Asaph came and the Spirit

2 Chronicles 21:6
HEB: בַּת־ אַחְאָ֔ב הָ֥יְתָה לּ֖וֹ אִשָּׁ֑ה
INT: daughter Ahab's become to wife did

2 Chronicles 22:3
HEB: כִּ֥י אִמּ֛וֹ הָיְתָ֥ה יֽוֹעַצְתּ֖וֹ לְהַרְשִֽׁיעַ׃
INT: for his mother become was his counselor to do

2 Chronicles 22:7
HEB: וּמֵֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הָיְתָה֙ תְּבוּסַ֣ת אֲחַזְיָ֔הוּ
INT: God become now the destruction of Ahaziah

2 Chronicles 22:11
HEB: כִּ֣י הִיא֩ הָיְתָ֨ה אֲח֧וֹת אֲחַזְיָ֛הוּ
INT: for he become was the sister of Ahaziah

2 Chronicles 30:12
HEB: גַּ֣ם בִּיהוּדָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ יַ֣ד הָאֱלֹהִ֔ים
INT: was also Judah become the hand of God

Ezra 8:31
HEB: וְיַד־ אֱלֹהֵ֙ינוּ֙ הָיְתָ֣ה עָלֵ֔ינוּ וַיַּ֨צִּילֵ֔נוּ
INT: and the hand of our God become was over delivered

Ezra 9:2
HEB: הַשָּׂרִ֣ים וְהַסְּגָנִ֗ים הָ֥יְתָ֛ה בַּמַּ֥עַל הַזֶּ֖ה
NAS: and the rulers have been foremost
INT: of the princes and the rulers have been unfaithfulness this

Ezra 9:8
HEB: כִּמְעַט־ רֶגַע֩ הָיְתָ֨ה תְחִנָּ֜ה מֵאֵ֣ת ׀
NAS: grace has been [shown] from the LORD
INT: A brief moment has been grace God

Esther 2:20
HEB: עֹשָׂ֔ה כַּאֲשֶׁ֛ר הָיְתָ֥ה בְאָמְנָ֖ה אִתּֽוֹ׃
NAS: told her as she had done when
INT: did after had done his care for

Esther 8:16
HEB: לַיְּהוּדִ֕ים הָֽיְתָ֥ה אוֹרָ֖ה וְשִׂמְחָ֑ה
INT: the Jews there was light and gladness

Psalm 42:3
HEB: הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֬י דִמְעָתִ֣י
NAS: My tears have been my food day
INT: have been my tears my food

Psalm 114:2
HEB: הָיְתָ֣ה יְהוּדָ֣ה לְקָדְשׁ֑וֹ
NAS: Judah became His sanctuary, Israel,
INT: became Judah his sanctuary

Psalm 118:22
HEB: מָאֲס֣וּ הַבּוֹנִ֑ים הָ֝יְתָ֗ה לְרֹ֣אשׁ פִּנָּֽה׃
NAS: rejected Has become the chief
INT: rejected the builders has become the chief corner

Psalm 118:23
HEB: מֵאֵ֣ת יְ֭הוָה הָ֣יְתָה זֹּ֑את הִ֖יא
INT: is the LORD'S become likewise It

Psalm 119:56
HEB: זֹ֥את הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֑י כִּ֖י
NAS: This has become mine, That I observe
INT: likewise has become for your precepts

Proverbs 31:14
HEB: הָ֭יְתָה כָּאֳנִיּ֣וֹת סוֹחֵ֑ר
INT: become ships merchant

Ecclesiastes 6:3
HEB: קְבוּרָ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֣יְתָה לּ֑וֹ אָמַ֕רְתִּי
INT: A burial not have say Better

Isaiah 1:21
HEB: אֵיכָה֙ הָיְתָ֣ה לְזוֹנָ֔ה קִרְיָ֖ה
NAS: city has become a harlot,
INT: how has become A harlot city

Isaiah 11:16
HEB: מֵֽאַשּׁ֑וּר כַּאֲשֶׁ֤ר הָֽיְתָה֙ לְיִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל בְּי֥וֹם
INT: Assyria who become Israel the day

Isaiah 50:11
HEB: בִּֽעַרְתֶּ֔ם מִיָּדִי֙ הָיְתָה־ זֹּ֣את לָכֶ֔ם
NAS: This you will have from My hand:
INT: have set my hand will have likewise torment

Jeremiah 2:10
HEB: וּרְא֕וּ הֵ֥ן הָיְתָ֖ה כָּזֹֽאת׃ 
NAS: if there has been such [a thing] as this!
INT: and see if has been likewise

Jeremiah 12:8
HEB: הָיְתָה־ לִּ֥י נַחֲלָתִ֖י
NAS: My inheritance has become to Me Like a lion
INT: has become my inheritance A lion

Jeremiah 25:38
HEB: סֻכּ֑וֹ כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה אַרְצָם֙ לְשַׁמָּ֔ה
NAS: For their land has become a horror
INT: his hiding for has become their land A horror

Jeremiah 26:24
HEB: בֶּן־ שָׁפָ֔ן הָיְתָ֖ה אֶֽת־ יִרְמְיָ֑הוּ
INT: the son of Shaphan become was with Jeremiah

Jeremiah 32:31
HEB: וְעַל־ חֲמָתִ֗י הָ֤יְתָה לִּי֙ הָעִ֣יר
NAS: city has been to Me [a] [provocation of] My anger
INT: before and my wrath has been city likewise

Jeremiah 50:23
HEB: הָאָ֑רֶץ אֵ֣יךְ הָיְתָ֧ה לְשַׁמָּ֛ה בָּבֶ֖ל
NAS: Babylon has become An object of horror
INT: earth How has become an object Babylon

Jeremiah 51:41
NAS: Babylon has become an object of horror

Jeremiah 52:3
HEB: אַ֣ף יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ בִּירוּשָׁלִַ֣ם וִֽיהוּדָ֔ה

Lamentations 1:1
HEB: רַבָּ֣תִי עָ֔ם הָיְתָ֖ה כְּאַלְמָנָ֑ה רַבָּ֣תִי
NAS: of people! She has become like a widow
INT: was full of people has become A widow Who

HEB: שָׂרָ֙תִי֙ בַּמְּדִינ֔וֹת הָיְתָ֖ה לָמַֽס׃ ס
NAS: among the provinces Has become a forced laborer!
INT: was a princess the provinces has become A forced

Lamentations 1:17
HEB: סְבִיבָ֣יו צָרָ֑יו הָיְתָ֧ה יְרוּשָׁלִַ֛ם לְנִדָּ֖ה
NAS: Jerusalem has become an unclean thing
INT: round should be his adversaries has become Jerusalem an unclean

Ezekiel 16:56
HEB: וְל֤וֹא הָֽיְתָה֙ סְדֹ֣ם אֲחוֹתֵ֔ךְ
INT: not become Sodom your sister

Ezekiel 19:10
HEB: פֹּֽרִיָּה֙ וַֽעֲנֵפָ֔ה הָיְתָ֖ה מִמַּ֥יִם רַבִּֽים׃
INT: fruitful and full become waters of abundant

Ezekiel 26:17
HEB: הַהֻלָּ֗לָה אֲשֶׁר֩ הָיְתָ֨ה חֲזָקָ֤ה בַיָּם֙
INT: renowned Which become was mighty the sea

Ezekiel 31:3
HEB: וּבֵ֣ין עֲבֹתִ֔ים הָיְתָ֖ה צַמַּרְתּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: was among boughs become top

Ezekiel 33:22
HEB: וְיַד־ יְהוָה֩ הָיְתָ֨ה אֵלַ֜י בָּעֶ֗רֶב
NAS: of the LORD had been upon me in the evening,
INT: now the hand of the LORD had been upon the evening

Ezekiel 36:2
HEB: עוֹלָ֔ם לְמֽוֹרָשָׁ֖ה הָ֥יְתָה לָּֽנוּ׃ 
NAS: heights have become our possession,'
INT: the ancient possession have become

Ezekiel 36:17
HEB: כְּטֻמְאַת֙ הַנִּדָּ֔ה הָיְתָ֥ה דַרְכָּ֖ם לְפָנָֽי׃
INT: the uncleanness her impurity become their way before

Ezekiel 36:34
HEB: תַּ֚חַת אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָיְתָ֣ה שְׁמָמָ֔ה לְעֵינֵ֖י
NAS: instead of being a desolation
INT: instead after of being A desolation the sight

Ezekiel 36:35
HEB: הַלֵּ֙זוּ֙ הַנְּשַׁמָּ֔ה הָיְתָ֖ה כְּגַן־ עֵ֑דֶן
NAS: land has become like the garden
INT: This desolate has become the garden of Eden

Ezekiel 37:1
HEB: הָיְתָ֣ה עָלַי֮ יַד־
INT: become and the hand

Ezekiel 40:1
HEB: הַיּ֣וֹם הַזֶּ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה עָלַי֙ יַד־
INT: day he become and the hand

Ezekiel 44:25
HEB: אֲשֶֽׁר־ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה לְאִ֖ישׁ יִטַּמָּֽאוּ׃
NAS: who has not had a husband,
INT: who has not had A husband may defile

Joel 2:3
HEB: פְּלֵיטָ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֥יְתָה לּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: escapes and nothing become

Jonah 3:3
HEB: יְהוָ֑ה וְנִֽינְוֵ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה עִיר־ גְּדוֹלָה֙
INT: of the LORD now Nineveh become city great

Zephaniah 2:15
HEB: ע֑וֹד אֵ֣יךְ ׀ הָיְתָ֣ה לְשַׁמָּ֗ה מַרְבֵּץ֙
NAS: me. How she has become a desolation,
INT: besides How has become A desolation A resting

Malachi 1:9
HEB: וִֽיחָנֵ֑נוּ מִיֶּדְכֶם֙ הָ֣יְתָה זֹּ֔את הֲיִשָּׂ֤א
INT: may be gracious your part become will he regard

Malachi 2:5
HEB: בְּרִיתִ֣י ׀ הָיְתָ֣ה אִתּ֗וֹ הַֽחַיִּים֙
INT: my covenant become for of life

Malachi 2:6
HEB: תּוֹרַ֤ת אֱמֶת֙ הָיְתָ֣ה בְּפִ֔יהוּ וְעַוְלָ֖ה
INT: instruction of truth was in his mouth and iniquity

Now, those who can count to at least 69 will SEE that is how many verses have been translated as either become or became.

btw, "had become" and "became" are synonymous.

Enjoy.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

WHY would GOD WHO IS LIGHT have spoken DARKNESS FIRST over the earth?  WHY would GOD CREATE THE EARTH IN DARKNESS IN THE FIRST PLACE?  Everyone here who disputes what is written in favor of the wisdom of man will not answer the SIMPLIEST questions as to WHY would GOD SPEAK darkness and allow the earth to be sitting in darkness and then THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE BOOK speak of darkness in the way it does?  

Flat out, it MAKES NO SENSE for GOD to begin the creation of the PLACE HE WILL DWELL with us,  by using words HE GIVES US AS being of the ENEMY. 

WE are told ALL THE SONS OF GOD are WATCHING and rejoicing while they WATCH HIM CREATING the earth. 

so, WHEN DID this 'supposed' DARKNESS COME about?  WAS EVERYONE living with GOD in the light and then HE SPOKE DARKNESS to begin the creation of the earth?  HOW MUCH SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? 

IF NOT FOR THE ARGUMENT, no child of the LIGHT would SEE DARKNESS IN GODS CREATING.  

MAN is the one who DEMANDS the PROCESS of GOD SPEAKING be JUST LIKE their beliefs on EVOLUTION, but that IS BACKWARDS.  That is MANS WISDOM being put forth BEFORE the words of GOD, RATHER than just accepting what is written.  

NO MATTER what, we are TOLD the EARTH was sitting in the DARKNESS. 

HOW LONG?  Doesn't say AND what's more, DOESN'T MATTER because GODS OWN WORDS tell us HE DIDN'T CREATE IT THAT WAY. 

For US to go and say DURING THE PROCESS OF SPEAKING He spoke 'darkness' is NOT WHAT IS WRITTEN, and so it is the wisdom of man, pure and simple.  EITHER believe the words of GOD or the wisdom of man but SWEET AND BITTER WATER don't come from the same place.  And a good thing to REMEMBER is the ELEMENTS will be burned up, and without them THERE WILL BE NO wisdom of man

And the earth was formless and void and darkness over the face of the deep.  

WHEN did it GET THERE? It is written there was a time when SUDDEN DESTRUCTION came upon the earth and EVERYTHING WENT DARK BUT there was NOT a complete end...but SOMEHOW for those of a 'new earth' NONE OF THAT MATTERS compared to WHAT THEY THINK THEY KNOW.  The difference between having faith and depending upon the wisdom of man. 

2822. choshek 
Strong's Concordance
choshek: darkness, obscurity
Original Word: חשֶׁךְ
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: choshek
Phonetic Spelling: (kho-shek')
Definition: darkness, obscurity

1 darkness (opposed to אוֺר) literal Genesis 1:2,4 (P), Isaiah 45:7; Job 26:10; Ecclesiastes 2:13, compare in imprecation Job 3:4,5 (וצלמות ׳ח) = לילה Genesis 1:5,18 (P), compare Joshua 2:5 (JE), Isaiah 45:19; Job 17:12; Job 24:16; Job 38:19; Psalm 104:20; darkness in mines Job 28:3; of extraordinary darkness, in Egypt Exodus 10:21 (twice in verse) (E); אֲֿפֵלָה׳ח Exodus 10:22 (E), Psalm 105:28, from pillar of cloud Exodus 14:20; at Mt. Sinai Deuteronomy 4:11; Deuteronomy 5:20; of clouds of theophany 2 Samuel 22:12 = Psalm 18:12; of darkness in death, or She'ô l, 1 Samuel 2:9; Job 10:21 (וצלמות ׳אֶרֶץ ח), Job 17:13; Job 18:18; Psalm 88:13; Proverbs 20:20 (׳אִישׁוֺן ח = extreme of darkness).

darkness, night, obscurity
From chashak; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness -- dark(-ness), night, obscurity.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD GOD SPEAK THAT IN THE CREATION PROCESS?  WHY?  WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE?  BEFORE ANYTHING BAD HAD HAPPENED, HE SPEAKS DARKNESS?  WHY?  SO FAR NO ONE WHO BELIEVES THAT WAY CAN GIVE A REASON THAT MAKES ANY SENSE, THAT IS FOR SURE.  

see HEBREW chashak

Earth SITTING in the darkness.  WHY in DARKNESS?  WHY would GOD PLACE THE EARTH IN DARKNESS? There has to be A REASON AND THE CREATION OF IT CAN'T BE THE REASON.  

EVEN THE WORD 

2821. chashak ►
Strong's Concordance
chashak: to be or grow dark
Original Word: חָשַׁךְ
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chashak
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-shak')
Definition: to be or grow dark

be black, be make dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide
A primitive root; to be dark (as withholding light); transitively, to darken -- be black, be (make) dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide.

HE FORMS THE LIGHT AND CREATES DARKNESS.  THE darkness had to be CREATED.  WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?

WHY would GOD CREATE the DARKNESS ON THE EARTH?  The stars and sons WERE WATCHING the earth being created.  NO DARKNESS spoken of during any of WHAT WE READ ABOUT THAT PERIOD, IS THERE?  

He makes peace and CREATES calamity

AGAIN, 

EXCEPT for the WISDOM OF MAN never does GOD say HE CREATED THE EARTH IN DARKNESS and null and void BUT He does say the EXACT OPPOSITE.  How is that not good enough?  

Does ANYONE think there was DARKNESS before INIQUITY WAS FOUND???  

HOW COULD DARKNESS HAVE EXCELLED THE LIGHT WHEN GOD WAS CREATING THE EARTH?  When there was as yet, NO SIN?

Job 3
1After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.

2And Job spake, and said,

3Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.

4Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

5Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.

6As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

WHAT do THE WORDS OF GOD teach us about DARKNESS?  What SHOULD we 'think' WHEN we read of DARKNESS?  What examples are given for us to learn from?

Strong's Hebrew: 2822. חֹ֫שֶׁך (choshek) — 80 Occurrences
HEB: תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־ פְּנֵ֣י
NAS: and void, and darkness was over
KJV: and void; and darkness [was] upon the face
INT: was formless and void and darkness was over the surface

WHY WOULD GOD PLACE DARKNESS UPON THE FACE OF THE EARTH DURING CREATION?   

WHY DOES ALL LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE GO OUT THE DOOR WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORDS OF GOD?  Just like GOD SAID, the wisdom of man MAKES VOID THE WORDS OF GOD.  

Genesis 1:4
HEB: הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֥ין הַחֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: separated the light from the darkness.
KJV: the light from the darkness.
INT: the light from the darkness

Genesis 1:5
HEB: לָאוֹר֙ י֔וֹם וְלַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה
NAS: day, and the darkness He called
KJV: Day, and the darkness he called
INT: the light day and the darkness called night

Isn't EVERYTHING that has to do with the night of Satan?  Aren't all prophecies given in moons of darkness and while all those of GOD given in days/LIGHT?  WHY would GOD give us example after example and THEN MEAN SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT when it comes to the earth sitting IN THE DARKNESS?  again, MAKES NO SENSE and all the arguing in the world doesn't change any of it.  

Genesis 1:18
HEB: הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֣ין הַחֹ֑שֶׁךְ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים
NAS: the light from the darkness; and God
KJV: the light from the darkness: and God
INT: the light from the darkness saw and God

Exodus 10:21
HEB: הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם וִ֥יהִי חֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־ אֶ֣רֶץ
NAS: the sky, that there may be darkness over
KJV: toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land
INT: the sky become may be darkness over the land

HEB: מִצְרָ֑יִם וְיָמֵ֖שׁ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt.
KJV: of Egypt, even darkness [which] may be felt.
INT: of Egypt may be felt A darkness

Exodus 10:22
HEB: הַשָּׁמָ֑יִם וַיְהִ֧י חֹֽשֶׁךְ־ אֲפֵלָ֛ה בְּכָל־
NAS: and there was thick darkness in all
KJV: and there was a thick darkness in all the land
INT: the sky become darkness thick all

Exodus 14:20
HEB: וַיְהִ֤י הֶֽעָנָן֙ וְהַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וַיָּ֖אֶר אֶת־
NAS: and there was the cloud along with the darkness, yet it gave light
KJV: and it was a cloud and darkness [to them], but it gave light
INT: become and there was the cloud the darkness gave night

Deuteronomy 4:11
HEB: לֵ֣ב הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם חֹ֖שֶׁךְ עָנָ֥ן וַעֲרָפֶֽל׃
NAS: of the heavens: darkness, cloud
KJV: clouds, and thick darkness.
INT: to the heart of the heavens darkness cloud and thick

Deuteronomy 5:23
HEB: הַקּוֹל֙ מִתּ֣וֹךְ הַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וְהָהָ֖ר בֹּעֵ֣ר
NAS: from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain
KJV: out of the midst of the darkness, (for the mountain
INT: the voice the midst of the darkness the mountain was burning

Joshua 2:5
HEB: הַשַּׁ֜עַר לִסְגּ֗וֹר בַּחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ וְהָאֲנָשִׁ֣ים יָצָ֔אוּ
NAS: the gate at dark, that the men
KJV: of the gate, when it was dark, that the men
INT: the gate shut dark the men went

1 Samuel 2:9
HEB: יִשְׁמֹ֔ר וּרְשָׁעִ֖ים בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יִדָּ֑מּוּ כִּֽי־
NAS: are silenced in darkness; For not by might
KJV: shall be silent in darkness; for by strength
INT: keeps the wicked darkness are silenced for

2 Samuel 22:12
HEB: וַיָּ֥שֶׁת חֹ֛שֶׁךְ סְבִיבֹתָ֖יו סֻכּ֑וֹת
NAS: And He made darkness canopies around
KJV: And he made darkness pavilions
INT: made darkness around canopies

2 Samuel 22:29
HEB: וַיהוָ֖ה יַגִּ֥יהַּ חָשְׁכִּֽי׃
NAS: And the LORD illumines my darkness.
KJV: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
INT: and the LORD illumines my darkness

Job 3:4
HEB: הַה֗וּא יְֽהִ֫י חֹ֥שֶׁךְ אַֽל־ יִדְרְשֵׁ֣הוּ
NAS: May that day be darkness; Let not God
KJV: Let that day be darkness; let not God
INT: he become be darkness Nor care

Job 3:5
HEB: יִגְאָלֻ֡הוּ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְ֭צַלְמָוֶת תִּשְׁכָּן־
NAS: Let darkness and black gloom claim
KJV: Let darkness and the shadow of death
INT: claim darkness and black settle

Job 5:14
HEB: יוֹמָ֥ם יְפַגְּשׁוּ־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וְ֝כַלַּ֗יְלָה יְֽמַשְׁשׁ֥וּ
NAS: they meet with darkness, And grope
KJV: They meet with darkness in the daytime,
INT: day meet darkness the night and grope

Job 10:21
HEB: אֶל־ אֶ֖רֶץ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָֽוֶת׃
NAS: To the land of darkness and deep shadow,
KJV: [even] to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;
INT: to the land of darkness and deep

Job 12:22
HEB: עֲ֭מֻקוֹת מִנִּי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וַיֹּצֵ֖א לָא֣וֹר
NAS: mysteries from the darkness And brings
KJV: deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out
INT: mysteries from the darkness and brings light

Job 12:25
HEB: יְמַֽשְׁשׁוּ־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ א֑וֹר
NAS: They grope in darkness with no light,
KJV: They grope in the dark without light,
INT: grope darkness no light

Job 15:22
HEB: שׁ֭וּב מִנִּי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ [וְצָפוּ כ]
NAS: that he will return from darkness, And he is destined
KJV: not that he shall return out of darkness, and he is waited
INT: will return from darkness behold he

Job 15:23
HEB: בְּיָד֣וֹ יֽוֹם־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: that a day of darkness is at hand.
KJV: that the day of darkness is ready
INT: hand A day of darkness

Job 15:30
HEB: יָס֨וּר ׀ מִנִּי־ חֹ֗שֶׁךְ יֹֽ֭נַקְתּוֹ תְּיַבֵּ֣שׁ
NAS: He will not escape from darkness; The flame
KJV: He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame
INT: escape from darkness his shoots will wither

Job 17:12
HEB: קָר֥וֹב מִפְּנֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: is near,' in the presence of darkness.
KJV: [is] short because of darkness.
INT: short because of darkness

Job 17:13
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתִ֑י בַּ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ רִפַּ֥דְתִּי יְצוּעָֽי׃
NAS: I make my bed in the darkness;
KJV: I have made my bed in the darkness.
INT: Sheol my home the darkness make my bed

Job 18:18
HEB: מֵא֣וֹר אֶל־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וּֽמִתֵּבֵ֥ל יְנִדֻּֽהוּ׃
NAS: from light into darkness, And chased
KJV: from light into darkness, and chased
INT: light into darkness the inhabited and chased

Job 19:8
HEB: וְעַ֥ל נְ֝תִיבוֹתַ֗י חֹ֣שֶׁךְ יָשִֽׂים׃
NAS: And He has put darkness on my paths.
KJV: and he hath set darkness in my paths.
INT: on my paths darkness has put

Job 20:26
HEB: כָּל־ חֹשֶׁךְ֮ טָמ֪וּן לִצְפּ֫וּנָ֥יו
NAS: Complete darkness is held in reserve
KJV: All darkness [shall be] hid
INT: Complete darkness is held his treasures

Job 22:11
HEB: אוֹ־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ לֹֽא־ תִרְאֶ֑ה
NAS: Or darkness, so that you cannot see,
KJV: Or darkness, [that] thou canst not see;
INT: Or darkness you cannot see

Job 23:17
HEB: נִ֭צְמַתִּי מִפְּנֵי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וּ֝מִפָּנַ֗י כִּסָּה־
NAS: But I am not silenced by the darkness, Nor
KJV: before the darkness, [neither] hath he covered
INT: silenced before the darkness my face covers

Job 24:16
HEB: חָתַ֥ר בַּחֹ֗שֶׁךְ בָּ֫תִּ֥ים יוֹמָ֥ם
NAS: In the dark they dig into houses,
KJV: In the dark they dig through houses,
INT: dig the dark houses day

Job 26:10
HEB: א֣וֹר עִם־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: At the boundary of light and darkness.
KJV: until the day and night come to an end.
INT: of light with and darkness

Job 28:3
HEB: קֵ֤ץ ׀ שָׂ֤ם לַחֹ֗שֶׁךְ וּֽלְכָל־ תַּ֭כְלִית
NAS: an end to darkness, And to the farthest
KJV: an end to darkness, and searcheth out
INT: an end puts to darkness the farthest limit

Job 29:3
HEB: לְ֝אוֹרוֹ אֵ֣לֶךְ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: I walked through darkness;
KJV: I walked [through] darkness;
INT: his light walked darkness

Job 34:22
HEB: אֵֽין־ חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וְאֵ֣ין צַלְמָ֑וֶת
NAS: is no darkness or deep shadow
KJV: [There is] no darkness, nor shadow of death,
INT: There darkness is no deep

Job 37:19
HEB: נַ֝עֲרֹ֗ךְ מִפְּנֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: [our case] because of darkness.
KJV: [our speech] by reason of darkness.
INT: arrange reason of darkness

Job 38:19
HEB: יִשְׁכָּן־ א֑וֹר וְ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ אֵי־ זֶ֥ה
NAS: of light? And darkness, where
KJV: dwelleth? and [as for] darkness, where [is] the place
INT: to the dwelling light darkness where is its

Psalm 18:11
HEB: יָ֤שֶׁת חֹ֨שֶׁךְ ׀ סִתְר֗וֹ סְבִֽיבוֹתָ֥יו
NAS: He made darkness His hiding place,
KJV: He made darkness his secret place;
INT: made darkness his hiding around

Psalm 18:28
HEB: אֱ֝לֹהַ֗י יַגִּ֥יהַּ חָשְׁכִּֽי׃
NAS: my God illumines my darkness.
KJV: my God will enlighten my darkness.
INT: my God illumines my darkness

Psalm 35:6
HEB: יְֽהִי־ דַרְכָּ֗ם חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וַחֲלַקְלַקּ֑וֹת וּמַלְאַ֥ךְ
NAS: Let their way be dark and slippery,
KJV: Let their way be dark and slippery:
INT: Let their way be dark and slippery the angel

Psalm 88:12
HEB: הֲיִוָּדַ֣ע בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ פִּלְאֶ֑ךָ וְ֝צִדְקָתְךָ֗
NAS: be made known in the darkness? And Your righteousness
KJV: be known in the dark? and thy righteousness
INT: be made dark will your wonders justice

Psalm 104:20
HEB: תָּֽשֶׁת־ חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וִ֣יהִי לָ֑יְלָה
NAS: You appoint darkness and it becomes
KJV: Thou makest darkness, and it is night:
INT: appoint darkness becomes night

Psalm 105:28
HEB: שָׁ֣לַֽח חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וַיַּחְשִׁ֑ךְ וְלֹֽא־
NAS: He sent darkness and made [it] dark;
KJV: He sent darkness, and made it dark;
INT: sent darkness and made did not

Psalm 107:10
HEB: יֹ֭שְׁבֵי חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָ֑וֶת אֲסִירֵ֖י
NAS: There were those who dwelt in darkness and in the shadow of death,
KJV: Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
INT: dwelt darkness the shadow Prisoners

Psalm 107:14
HEB: יֽ֭וֹצִיאֵם מֵחֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָ֑וֶת וּמוֹסְר֖וֹתֵיהֶ֣ם
NAS: He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death
KJV: He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
INT: brought of darkness and the shadow their bands

Psalm 112:4
HEB: זָ֘רַ֤ח בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ א֭וֹר לַיְשָׁרִ֑ים
NAS: arises in the darkness for the upright;
KJV: light in the darkness: [he is] gracious,
INT: arises the darkness Light the upright

Psalm 139:11
HEB: וָ֭אֹמַר אַךְ־ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ יְשׁוּפֵ֑נִי וְ֝לַ֗יְלָה
NAS: Surely the darkness will overwhelm
KJV: If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover
INT: say Surely the darkness will overwhelm will be night

Psalm 139:12
HEB: גַּם־ חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־ יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ
NAS: Even the darkness is not dark
KJV: Yea, the darkness hideth
INT: Even the darkness is not dark

Proverbs 2:13
HEB: לָ֝לֶ֗כֶת בְּדַרְכֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: To walk in the ways of darkness;
KJV: to walk in the ways of darkness;
INT: to walk the ways of darkness

Proverbs 20:20
HEB: (בֶּאֱשׁ֥וּן ק) חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: will go out in time of darkness.
KJV: shall be put out in obscure darkness.
INT: his lamp apple of darkness

Ecclesiastes 2:13
HEB: הָא֖וֹר מִן־ הַחֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: as light excels darkness.
KJV: as far as light excelleth darkness.
INT: light at darkness

Ecclesiastes 2:14
HEB: בְּרֹאשׁ֔וֹ וְהַכְּסִ֖יל בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ הוֹלֵ֑ךְ וְיָדַ֣עְתִּי
NAS: walks in darkness. And yet
KJV: walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived
INT: his head the fool darkness walks know

Ecclesiastes 5:17
HEB: כָּל־ יָמָ֖יו בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֹאכֵ֑ל וְכָעַ֥ס
NAS: eats in darkness with great
KJV: also he eateth in darkness, and [he hath] much
INT: Throughout his life darkness eats vexation

Ecclesiastes 6:4
HEB: בַהֶ֥בֶל בָּ֖א וּבַחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֵלֵ֑ךְ וּבַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ
NAS: and goes into obscurity; and its name
KJV: and departeth in darkness, and his name
INT: futility comes obscurity and goes obscurity

HEB: וּבַחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֵלֵ֑ךְ וּבַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ שְׁמ֥וֹ יְכֻסֶּֽה׃
NAS: and its name is covered in obscurity.
KJV: shall be covered with darkness.
INT: obscurity and goes obscurity name is covered

Ecclesiastes 11:8
HEB: אֶת־ יְמֵ֣י הַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ כִּֽי־ הַרְבֵּ֥ה
NAS: the days of darkness, for they will be many.
KJV: the days of darkness; for they shall be many.
INT: remember the days of darkness Indeed will be many

Isaiah 5:20
HEB: רָ֑ע שָׂמִ֨ים חֹ֤שֶׁךְ לְאוֹר֙ וְא֣וֹר
NAS: Who substitute darkness for light
KJV: that put darkness for light,
INT: evil substitute darkness light and light

HEB: לְאוֹר֙ וְא֣וֹר לְחֹ֔שֶׁךְ שָׂמִ֥ים מַ֛ר
NAS: and light for darkness; Who substitute
KJV: and light for darkness; that put
INT: light and light darkness substitute bitter

Isaiah 5:30
HEB: לָאָ֙רֶץ֙ וְהִנֵּה־ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ צַ֣ר וָא֔וֹר
NAS: behold, there is darkness [and] distress;
KJV: unto the land, behold darkness [and] sorrow,
INT: to the land behold is darkness distress the light

Isaiah 9:2
HEB: הָעָם֙ הַהֹלְכִ֣ים בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ רָא֖וּ א֣וֹר
NAS: who walk in darkness Will see
KJV: that walked in darkness have seen
INT: the people walk darkness will see light

Isaiah 29:18
HEB: סֵ֑פֶר וּמֵאֹ֣פֶל וּמֵחֹ֔שֶׁךְ עֵינֵ֥י עִוְרִ֖ים
NAS: And out of [their] gloom and darkness the eyes
KJV: out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
INT: of a book of gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind

Isaiah 42:7
HEB: כֶּ֖לֶא יֹ֥שְׁבֵי חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
KJV: [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison
INT: of the prison dwell darkness

Isaiah 45:3
HEB: לְךָ֙ אוֹצְר֣וֹת חֹ֔שֶׁךְ וּמַטְמֻנֵ֖י מִסְתָּרִ֑ים
NAS: you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth
KJV: thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches
INT: will give the treasures of darkness and hidden of secret

Isaiah 45:7
HEB: אוֹר֙ וּבוֹרֵ֣א חֹ֔שֶׁךְ עֹשֶׂ֥ה שָׁל֖וֹם
NAS: and creating darkness, Causing
KJV: and create darkness: I make
INT: light and creating darkness Causing well-being

Isaiah 45:19
HEB: בִּמְקוֹם֙ אֶ֣רֶץ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ לֹ֥א אָמַ֛רְתִּי
NAS: In some dark land;
KJV: in secret, in a dark place
INT: some land dark did not say

Isaiah 47:5
HEB: דוּמָ֛ם וּבֹ֥אִי בַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ בַּת־ כַּשְׂדִּ֑ים
NAS: and go into darkness, O daughter
KJV: and get thee into darkness, O daughter
INT: silently and go darkness daughter of the Chaldeans

Isaiah 49:9
HEB: צֵ֔אוּ לַאֲשֶׁ֥ר בַּחֹ֖שֶׁךְ הִגָּל֑וּ עַל־
NAS: To those who are in darkness, 'Show
KJV: Go forth; to them that [are] in darkness, Shew
INT: Go after darkness Show Along

Isaiah 58:10
HEB: תַּשְׂבִּ֑יעַ וְזָרַ֤ח בַּחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ אוֹרֶ֔ךָ וַאֲפֵלָתְךָ֖
NAS: will rise in darkness And your gloom
KJV: rise in obscurity, and thy darkness
INT: and satisfy will rise darkness your light and your gloom

Isaiah 59:9
HEB: לָאוֹר֙ וְהִנֵּה־ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ לִנְגֹה֖וֹת בָּאֲפֵל֥וֹת
NAS: but behold, darkness, For brightness,
KJV: for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness,
INT: light behold darkness brightness gloom

Isaiah 60:2
HEB: כִּֽי־ הִנֵּ֤ה הַחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ יְכַסֶּה־ אֶ֔רֶץ
NAS: For behold, darkness will cover
KJV: For, behold, the darkness shall cover
INT: For behold darkness will cover the earth

Lamentations 3:2
HEB: נָהַ֛ג וַיֹּלַ֖ךְ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ אֽוֹר׃
NAS: me and made me walk In darkness and not in light.
KJV: me, and brought [me into] darkness, but not [into] light.
INT: has driven walk darkness not light

Ezekiel 8:12
HEB: יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ עֹשִׂ֣ים בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ אִ֖ישׁ בְּחַדְרֵ֣י
NAS: are committing in the dark, each man
KJV: do in the dark, every man
INT: of Israel are committing the dark each the room

Ezekiel 32:8
HEB: עָלֶ֑יךָ וְנָתַ֤תִּי חֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ עַֽל־ אַרְצְךָ֔
NAS: you And will set darkness on your land,
KJV: over thee, and set darkness upon thy land,
INT: over and will set darkness over your land

Joel 2:2
HEB: י֧וֹם חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וַאֲפֵלָ֗ה י֤וֹם
NAS: A day of darkness and gloom, A day
KJV: A day of darkness and of gloominess,
INT: A day of darkness and gloom A day

Joel 2:31
HEB: הַשֶּׁ֙מֶשׁ֙ יֵהָפֵ֣ךְ לְחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וְהַיָּרֵ֖חַ לְדָ֑ם
NAS: will be turned into darkness And the moon
KJV: shall be turned into darkness, and the moon
INT: the sun will be turned darkness and the moon blood

Amos 5:18
HEB: יְהוָ֖ה הוּא־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ אֽוֹר׃
NAS: of the LORD [be] to you? It [will be] darkness and not light;
KJV: of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.
INT: of the LORD you It darkness and not light

Amos 5:20
HEB: הֲלֹא־ חֹ֛שֶׁךְ י֥וֹם יְהוָ֖ה
NAS: of the LORD [be] darkness instead
KJV: of the LORD [be] darkness, and not light?
INT: instead darkness the day of the LORD

Micah 7:8
HEB: כִּֽי־ אֵשֵׁ֣ב בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ יְהוָ֖ה א֥וֹר
NAS: I dwell in darkness, the LORD
KJV: when I sit in darkness, the LORD
INT: Though dwell darkness the LORD light

Nahum 1:8
HEB: וְאֹיְבָ֖יו יְרַדֶּף־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: His enemies into darkness.
KJV: of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue
INT: his enemies and will pursue darkness

Zephaniah 1:15
HEB: וּמְשׁוֹאָ֔ה י֥וֹם חֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ וַאֲפֵלָ֔ה י֥וֹם
NAS: A day of darkness and gloom,
KJV: a day of darkness and gloominess,
INT: and desolation A day of darkness and gloom A day

FACTS:
We have the PERFECT CHERUB who BETRAYED and STOLE 1/3 of GODS Children and cast them to earth. 
We have a time when GODS PAIN caused SUDDEN destruction and caused NOT A MAN, NOR a bird, NOR ANY LIGHT to be upon the earth. 
We have the earth being FOUND in darkness. 
We have SATAN/SERPENT/tree of good and evil ALREADY in the garden. 
We have GOD saying HE DIDN'T create the earth in the CONDITION IT IS FOUND IN IN GEN 1;2. 
We have A NEW heaven and earth being spoken of as coming.  A NEW Jerusalem also as coming. 
We have stars and sons of GOD watching the EARTH being created, NOT IN DARKNESS but in light.  

We EITHER believe WHAT IS WRITTEN or we don't.  

GOD says I DIDN'T CREATE IT THAT WAY and DOESN'T make mention of IT BEING ANY PART OF THE PROCESS, that is 100 percent the wisdom of man.  

EVERY FALSE DOCTRINE IS THE SAME.  Man DOESN'T take what is written as TRUTH, but makes HIS OWN assumptions and conclusions and based upon those words comes up with a truth of his own.  Just like the serpent, questioning the truth with HATH GOD SAID?

He says HE DIDN'T CREATE IT NULL AND VOID.  AGAIN, ANY MAN who puts null and void INTO that process DOES SO ONLY UPON THE WISDOM OF MAN, and NOT the words of GOD and so is willing to argue to death their REASONS, while completing disregarding what is ACTUALLY written.    

So simple even children can understand.  Doesn't take a 'scholar' to read and understand the words of God.  

When Jesus came the first time THE WISDOM of Man had clouded the TRUTH of GODS WORDS.  You can bet that is happening again...since not everyone likes to learn from past mistakes

9 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

WHY would GOD WHO IS LIGHT have spoken DARKNESS FIRST over the earth?  WHY would GOD CREATE THE EARTH IN DARKNESS IN THE FIRST PLACE?  Everyone here who disputes what is written in favor of the wisdom of man will not answer the SIMPLIEST questions as to WHY would GOD SPEAK darkness and allow the earth to be sitting in darkness and then THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE BOOK speak of darkness in the way it does?  

Flat out, it MAKES NO SENSE for GOD to begin the creation of the PLACE HE WILL DWELL with us,  by using words HE GIVES US AS being of the ENEMY. 

WE are told ALL THE SONS OF GOD are WATCHING and rejoicing while they WATCH HIM CREATING the earth. 

so, WHEN DID this 'supposed' DARKNESS COME about?  WAS EVERYONE living with GOD in the light and then HE SPOKE DARKNESS to begin the creation of the earth?  HOW MUCH SENSE DOES THAT MAKE? 

IF NOT FOR THE ARGUMENT, no child of the LIGHT would SEE DARKNESS IN GODS CREATING.  

MAN is the one who DEMANDS the PROCESS of GOD SPEAKING be JUST LIKE their beliefs on EVOLUTION, but that IS BACKWARDS.  That is MANS WISDOM being put forth BEFORE the words of GOD, RATHER than just accepting what is written.  

NO MATTER what, we are TOLD the EARTH was sitting in the DARKNESS. 

HOW LONG?  Doesn't say AND what's more, DOESN'T MATTER because GODS OWN WORDS tell us HE DIDN'T CREATE IT THAT WAY. 

For US to go and say DURING THE PROCESS OF SPEAKING He spoke 'darkness' is NOT WHAT IS WRITTEN, and so it is the wisdom of man, pure and simple.  EITHER believe the words of GOD or the wisdom of man but SWEET AND BITTER WATER don't come from the same place.  And a good thing to REMEMBER is the ELEMENTS will be burned up, and without them THERE WILL BE NO wisdom of man

And the earth was formless and void and darkness over the face of the deep.  

WHEN did it GET THERE? It is written there was a time when SUDDEN DESTRUCTION came upon the earth and EVERYTHING WENT DARK BUT there was NOT a complete end...but SOMEHOW for those of a 'new earth' NONE OF THAT MATTERS compared to WHAT THEY THINK THEY KNOW.  The difference between having faith and depending upon the wisdom of man. 

2822. choshek 
Strong's Concordance
choshek: darkness, obscurity
Original Word: חשֶׁךְ
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: choshek
Phonetic Spelling: (kho-shek')
Definition: darkness, obscurity

1 darkness (opposed to אוֺר) literal Genesis 1:2,4 (P), Isaiah 45:7; Job 26:10; Ecclesiastes 2:13, compare in imprecation Job 3:4,5 (וצלמות ׳ח) = לילה Genesis 1:5,18 (P), compare Joshua 2:5 (JE), Isaiah 45:19; Job 17:12; Job 24:16; Job 38:19; Psalm 104:20; darkness in mines Job 28:3; of extraordinary darkness, in Egypt Exodus 10:21 (twice in verse) (E); אֲֿפֵלָה׳ח Exodus 10:22 (E), Psalm 105:28, from pillar of cloud Exodus 14:20; at Mt. Sinai Deuteronomy 4:11; Deuteronomy 5:20; of clouds of theophany 2 Samuel 22:12 = Psalm 18:12; of darkness in death, or She'ô l, 1 Samuel 2:9; Job 10:21 (וצלמות ׳אֶרֶץ ח), Job 17:13; Job 18:18; Psalm 88:13; Proverbs 20:20 (׳אִישׁוֺן ח = extreme of darkness).

darkness, night, obscurity
From chashak; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness -- dark(-ness), night, obscurity.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD GOD SPEAK THAT IN THE CREATION PROCESS?  WHY?  WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE?  BEFORE ANYTHING BAD HAD HAPPENED, HE SPEAKS DARKNESS?  WHY?  SO FAR NO ONE WHO BELIEVES THAT WAY CAN GIVE A REASON THAT MAKES ANY SENSE, THAT IS FOR SURE.  

see HEBREW chashak

Earth SITTING in the darkness.  WHY in DARKNESS?  WHY would GOD PLACE THE EARTH IN DARKNESS? There has to be A REASON AND THE CREATION OF IT CAN'T BE THE REASON.  

EVEN THE WORD 

2821. chashak ►
Strong's Concordance
chashak: to be or grow dark
Original Word: חָשַׁךְ
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: chashak
Phonetic Spelling: (khaw-shak')
Definition: to be or grow dark

be black, be make dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide
A primitive root; to be dark (as withholding light); transitively, to darken -- be black, be (make) dark, darken, cause darkness, be dim, hide.

HE FORMS THE LIGHT AND CREATES DARKNESS.  THE darkness had to be CREATED.  WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?

WHY would GOD CREATE the DARKNESS ON THE EARTH?  The stars and sons WERE WATCHING the earth being created.  NO DARKNESS spoken of during any of WHAT WE READ ABOUT THAT PERIOD, IS THERE?  

He makes peace and CREATES calamity

AGAIN, 

EXCEPT for the WISDOM OF MAN never does GOD say HE CREATED THE EARTH IN DARKNESS and null and void BUT He does say the EXACT OPPOSITE.  How is that not good enough?  

Does ANYONE think there was DARKNESS before INIQUITY WAS FOUND???  

HOW COULD DARKNESS HAVE EXCELLED THE LIGHT WHEN GOD WAS CREATING THE EARTH?  When there was as yet, NO SIN?

Job 3
1After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.

2And Job spake, and said,

3Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.

4Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

5Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.

6As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

WHAT do THE WORDS OF GOD teach us about DARKNESS?  What SHOULD we 'think' WHEN we read of DARKNESS?  What examples are given for us to learn from?

Strong's Hebrew: 2822. חֹ֫שֶׁך (choshek) — 80 Occurrences
HEB: תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־ פְּנֵ֣י
NAS: and void, and darkness was over
KJV: and void; and darkness [was] upon the face
INT: was formless and void and darkness was over the surface

WHY WOULD GOD PLACE DARKNESS UPON THE FACE OF THE EARTH DURING CREATION?   

WHY DOES ALL LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE GO OUT THE DOOR WHEN IT COMES TO THE WORDS OF GOD?  Just like GOD SAID, the wisdom of man MAKES VOID THE WORDS OF GOD.  

Genesis 1:4
HEB: הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֥ין הַחֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: separated the light from the darkness.
KJV: the light from the darkness.
INT: the light from the darkness

Genesis 1:5
HEB: לָאוֹר֙ י֔וֹם וְלַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה
NAS: day, and the darkness He called
KJV: Day, and the darkness he called
INT: the light day and the darkness called night

Isn't EVERYTHING that has to do with the night of Satan?  Aren't all prophecies given in moons of darkness and while all those of GOD given in days/LIGHT?  WHY would GOD give us example after example and THEN MEAN SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT when it comes to the earth sitting IN THE DARKNESS?  again, MAKES NO SENSE and all the arguing in the world doesn't change any of it.  

Genesis 1:18
HEB: הָא֖וֹר וּבֵ֣ין הַחֹ֑שֶׁךְ וַיַּ֥רְא אֱלֹהִ֖ים
NAS: the light from the darkness; and God
KJV: the light from the darkness: and God
INT: the light from the darkness saw and God

HEB: הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם וִ֥יהִי חֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־ אֶ֣רֶץ
NAS: the sky, that there may be darkness over
KJV: toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land
INT: the sky become may be darkness over the land

HEB: מִצְרָ֑יִם וְיָמֵ֖שׁ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt.
KJV: of Egypt, even darkness [which] may be felt.
INT: of Egypt may be felt A darkness

Exodus 10:22
HEB: הַשָּׁמָ֑יִם וַיְהִ֧י חֹֽשֶׁךְ־ אֲפֵלָ֛ה בְּכָל־
NAS: and there was thick darkness in all
KJV: and there was a thick darkness in all the land
INT: the sky become darkness thick all

Exodus 14:20
HEB: וַיְהִ֤י הֶֽעָנָן֙ וְהַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וַיָּ֖אֶר אֶת־
NAS: and there was the cloud along with the darkness, yet it gave light
KJV: and it was a cloud and darkness [to them], but it gave light
INT: become and there was the cloud the darkness gave night

Deuteronomy 4:11
HEB: לֵ֣ב הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם חֹ֖שֶׁךְ עָנָ֥ן וַעֲרָפֶֽל׃
NAS: of the heavens: darkness, cloud
KJV: clouds, and thick darkness.
INT: to the heart of the heavens darkness cloud and thick

Deuteronomy 5:23
HEB: הַקּוֹל֙ מִתּ֣וֹךְ הַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וְהָהָ֖ר בֹּעֵ֣ר
NAS: from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain
KJV: out of the midst of the darkness, (for the mountain
INT: the voice the midst of the darkness the mountain was burning

Joshua 2:5
HEB: הַשַּׁ֜עַר לִסְגּ֗וֹר בַּחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ וְהָאֲנָשִׁ֣ים יָצָ֔אוּ
NAS: the gate at dark, that the men
KJV: of the gate, when it was dark, that the men
INT: the gate shut dark the men went

1 Samuel 2:9
HEB: יִשְׁמֹ֔ר וּרְשָׁעִ֖ים בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יִדָּ֑מּוּ כִּֽי־
NAS: are silenced in darkness; For not by might
KJV: shall be silent in darkness; for by strength
INT: keeps the wicked darkness are silenced for

2 Samuel 22:12
HEB: וַיָּ֥שֶׁת חֹ֛שֶׁךְ סְבִיבֹתָ֖יו סֻכּ֑וֹת
NAS: And He made darkness canopies around
KJV: And he made darkness pavilions
INT: made darkness around canopies

2 Samuel 22:29
HEB: וַיהוָ֖ה יַגִּ֥יהַּ חָשְׁכִּֽי׃
NAS: And the LORD illumines my darkness.
KJV: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
INT: and the LORD illumines my darkness

Job 3:4
HEB: הַה֗וּא יְֽהִ֫י חֹ֥שֶׁךְ אַֽל־ יִדְרְשֵׁ֣הוּ
NAS: May that day be darkness; Let not God
KJV: Let that day be darkness; let not God
INT: he become be darkness Nor care

Job 3:5
HEB: יִגְאָלֻ֡הוּ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְ֭צַלְמָוֶת תִּשְׁכָּן־
NAS: Let darkness and black gloom claim
KJV: Let darkness and the shadow of death
INT: claim darkness and black settle

Job 5:14
HEB: יוֹמָ֥ם יְפַגְּשׁוּ־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וְ֝כַלַּ֗יְלָה יְֽמַשְׁשׁ֥וּ
NAS: they meet with darkness, And grope
KJV: They meet with darkness in the daytime,
INT: day meet darkness the night and grope

Job 10:21
HEB: אֶל־ אֶ֖רֶץ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָֽוֶת׃
NAS: To the land of darkness and deep shadow,
KJV: [even] to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;
INT: to the land of darkness and deep

Job 12:22
HEB: עֲ֭מֻקוֹת מִנִּי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וַיֹּצֵ֖א לָא֣וֹר
NAS: mysteries from the darkness And brings
KJV: deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out
INT: mysteries from the darkness and brings light

Job 12:25
HEB: יְמַֽשְׁשׁוּ־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ א֑וֹר
NAS: They grope in darkness with no light,
KJV: They grope in the dark without light,
INT: grope darkness no light

Job 15:22
HEB: שׁ֭וּב מִנִּי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ [וְצָפוּ כ]
NAS: that he will return from darkness, And he is destined
KJV: not that he shall return out of darkness, and he is waited
INT: will return from darkness behold he

Job 15:23
HEB: בְּיָד֣וֹ יֽוֹם־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: that a day of darkness is at hand.
KJV: that the day of darkness is ready
INT: hand A day of darkness

Job 15:30
HEB: יָס֨וּר ׀ מִנִּי־ חֹ֗שֶׁךְ יֹֽ֭נַקְתּוֹ תְּיַבֵּ֣שׁ
NAS: He will not escape from darkness; The flame
KJV: He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame
INT: escape from darkness his shoots will wither

Job 17:12
HEB: קָר֥וֹב מִפְּנֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: is near,' in the presence of darkness.
KJV: [is] short because of darkness.
INT: short because of darkness

Job 17:13
HEB: שְׁא֣וֹל בֵּיתִ֑י בַּ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ רִפַּ֥דְתִּי יְצוּעָֽי׃
NAS: I make my bed in the darkness;
KJV: I have made my bed in the darkness.
INT: Sheol my home the darkness make my bed

Job 18:18
HEB: מֵא֣וֹר אֶל־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וּֽמִתֵּבֵ֥ל יְנִדֻּֽהוּ׃
NAS: from light into darkness, And chased
KJV: from light into darkness, and chased
INT: light into darkness the inhabited and chased

Job 19:8
HEB: וְעַ֥ל נְ֝תִיבוֹתַ֗י חֹ֣שֶׁךְ יָשִֽׂים׃
NAS: And He has put darkness on my paths.
KJV: and he hath set darkness in my paths.
INT: on my paths darkness has put

Job 20:26
HEB: כָּל־ חֹשֶׁךְ֮ טָמ֪וּן לִצְפּ֫וּנָ֥יו
NAS: Complete darkness is held in reserve
KJV: All darkness [shall be] hid
INT: Complete darkness is held his treasures

Job 22:11
HEB: אוֹ־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ לֹֽא־ תִרְאֶ֑ה
NAS: Or darkness, so that you cannot see,
KJV: Or darkness, [that] thou canst not see;
INT: Or darkness you cannot see

Job 23:17
HEB: נִ֭צְמַתִּי מִפְּנֵי־ חֹ֑שֶׁךְ וּ֝מִפָּנַ֗י כִּסָּה־
NAS: But I am not silenced by the darkness, Nor
KJV: before the darkness, [neither] hath he covered
INT: silenced before the darkness my face covers

Job 24:16
HEB: חָתַ֥ר בַּחֹ֗שֶׁךְ בָּ֫תִּ֥ים יוֹמָ֥ם
NAS: In the dark they dig into houses,
KJV: In the dark they dig through houses,
INT: dig the dark houses day

Job 26:10
HEB: א֣וֹר עִם־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: At the boundary of light and darkness.
KJV: until the day and night come to an end.
INT: of light with and darkness

Job 28:3
HEB: קֵ֤ץ ׀ שָׂ֤ם לַחֹ֗שֶׁךְ וּֽלְכָל־ תַּ֭כְלִית
NAS: an end to darkness, And to the farthest
KJV: an end to darkness, and searcheth out
INT: an end puts to darkness the farthest limit

Job 29:3
HEB: לְ֝אוֹרוֹ אֵ֣לֶךְ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: I walked through darkness;
KJV: I walked [through] darkness;
INT: his light walked darkness

Job 34:22
HEB: אֵֽין־ חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וְאֵ֣ין צַלְמָ֑וֶת
NAS: is no darkness or deep shadow
KJV: [There is] no darkness, nor shadow of death,
INT: There darkness is no deep

Job 37:19
HEB: נַ֝עֲרֹ֗ךְ מִפְּנֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: [our case] because of darkness.
KJV: [our speech] by reason of darkness.
INT: arrange reason of darkness

Job 38:19
HEB: יִשְׁכָּן־ א֑וֹר וְ֝חֹ֗שֶׁךְ אֵי־ זֶ֥ה
NAS: of light? And darkness, where
KJV: dwelleth? and [as for] darkness, where [is] the place
INT: to the dwelling light darkness where is its

Psalm 18:11
HEB: יָ֤שֶׁת חֹ֨שֶׁךְ ׀ סִתְר֗וֹ סְבִֽיבוֹתָ֥יו
NAS: He made darkness His hiding place,
KJV: He made darkness his secret place;
INT: made darkness his hiding around

Psalm 18:28
HEB: אֱ֝לֹהַ֗י יַגִּ֥יהַּ חָשְׁכִּֽי׃
NAS: my God illumines my darkness.
KJV: my God will enlighten my darkness.
INT: my God illumines my darkness

Psalm 35:6
HEB: יְֽהִי־ דַרְכָּ֗ם חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וַחֲלַקְלַקּ֑וֹת וּמַלְאַ֥ךְ
NAS: Let their way be dark and slippery,
KJV: Let their way be dark and slippery:
INT: Let their way be dark and slippery the angel

Psalm 88:12
HEB: הֲיִוָּדַ֣ע בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ פִּלְאֶ֑ךָ וְ֝צִדְקָתְךָ֗
NAS: be made known in the darkness? And Your righteousness
KJV: be known in the dark? and thy righteousness
INT: be made dark will your wonders justice

Psalm 104:20
HEB: תָּֽשֶׁת־ חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וִ֣יהִי לָ֑יְלָה
NAS: You appoint darkness and it becomes
KJV: Thou makest darkness, and it is night:
INT: appoint darkness becomes night

Psalm 105:28
HEB: שָׁ֣לַֽח חֹ֭שֶׁךְ וַיַּחְשִׁ֑ךְ וְלֹֽא־
NAS: He sent darkness and made [it] dark;
KJV: He sent darkness, and made it dark;
INT: sent darkness and made did not

Psalm 107:10
HEB: יֹ֭שְׁבֵי חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָ֑וֶת אֲסִירֵ֖י
NAS: There were those who dwelt in darkness and in the shadow of death,
KJV: Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
INT: dwelt darkness the shadow Prisoners

Psalm 107:14
HEB: יֽ֭וֹצִיאֵם מֵחֹ֣שֶׁךְ וְצַלְמָ֑וֶת וּמוֹסְר֖וֹתֵיהֶ֣ם
NAS: He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death
KJV: He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death,
INT: brought of darkness and the shadow their bands

Psalm 112:4
HEB: זָ֘רַ֤ח בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ א֭וֹר לַיְשָׁרִ֑ים
NAS: arises in the darkness for the upright;
KJV: light in the darkness: [he is] gracious,
INT: arises the darkness Light the upright

Psalm 139:11
HEB: וָ֭אֹמַר אַךְ־ חֹ֣שֶׁךְ יְשׁוּפֵ֑נִי וְ֝לַ֗יְלָה
NAS: Surely the darkness will overwhelm
KJV: If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover
INT: say Surely the darkness will overwhelm will be night

Psalm 139:12
HEB: גַּם־ חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־ יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ
NAS: Even the darkness is not dark
KJV: Yea, the darkness hideth
INT: Even the darkness is not dark

Proverbs 2:13
HEB: לָ֝לֶ֗כֶת בְּדַרְכֵי־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: To walk in the ways of darkness;
KJV: to walk in the ways of darkness;
INT: to walk the ways of darkness

Proverbs 20:20
HEB: (בֶּאֱשׁ֥וּן ק) חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: will go out in time of darkness.
KJV: shall be put out in obscure darkness.
INT: his lamp apple of darkness

Ecclesiastes 2:13
HEB: הָא֖וֹר מִן־ הַחֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: as light excels darkness.
KJV: as far as light excelleth darkness.
INT: light at darkness

Ecclesiastes 2:14
HEB: בְּרֹאשׁ֔וֹ וְהַכְּסִ֖יל בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ הוֹלֵ֑ךְ וְיָדַ֣עְתִּי
NAS: walks in darkness. And yet
KJV: walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived
INT: his head the fool darkness walks know

Ecclesiastes 5:17
HEB: כָּל־ יָמָ֖יו בַּחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֹאכֵ֑ל וְכָעַ֥ס
NAS: eats in darkness with great
KJV: also he eateth in darkness, and [he hath] much
INT: Throughout his life darkness eats vexation

HEB: בַהֶ֥בֶל בָּ֖א וּבַחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֵלֵ֑ךְ וּבַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ
NAS: and goes into obscurity; and its name
KJV: and departeth in darkness, and his name
INT: futility comes obscurity and goes obscurity

HEB: וּבַחֹ֣שֶׁךְ יֵלֵ֑ךְ וּבַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ שְׁמ֥וֹ יְכֻסֶּֽה׃
NAS: and its name is covered in obscurity.
KJV: shall be covered with darkness.
INT: obscurity and goes obscurity name is covered

Ecclesiastes 11:8
HEB: אֶת־ יְמֵ֣י הַחֹ֔שֶׁךְ כִּֽי־ הַרְבֵּ֥ה
NAS: the days of darkness, for they will be many.
KJV: the days of darkness; for they shall be many.
INT: remember the days of darkness Indeed will be many

HEB: רָ֑ע שָׂמִ֨ים חֹ֤שֶׁךְ לְאוֹר֙ וְא֣וֹר
NAS: Who substitute darkness for light
KJV: that put darkness for light,
INT: evil substitute darkness light and light

HEB: לְאוֹר֙ וְא֣וֹר לְחֹ֔שֶׁךְ שָׂמִ֥ים מַ֛ר
NAS: and light for darkness; Who substitute
KJV: and light for darkness; that put
INT: light and light darkness substitute bitter

Isaiah 5:30
HEB: לָאָ֙רֶץ֙ וְהִנֵּה־ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ צַ֣ר וָא֔וֹר
NAS: behold, there is darkness [and] distress;
KJV: unto the land, behold darkness [and] sorrow,
INT: to the land behold is darkness distress the light

Isaiah 9:2
HEB: הָעָם֙ הַהֹלְכִ֣ים בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ רָא֖וּ א֣וֹר
NAS: who walk in darkness Will see
KJV: that walked in darkness have seen
INT: the people walk darkness will see light

Isaiah 29:18
HEB: סֵ֑פֶר וּמֵאֹ֣פֶל וּמֵחֹ֔שֶׁךְ עֵינֵ֥י עִוְרִ֖ים
NAS: And out of [their] gloom and darkness the eyes
KJV: out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
INT: of a book of gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind

Isaiah 42:7
HEB: כֶּ֖לֶא יֹ֥שְׁבֵי חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.
KJV: [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison
INT: of the prison dwell darkness

Isaiah 45:3
HEB: לְךָ֙ אוֹצְר֣וֹת חֹ֔שֶׁךְ וּמַטְמֻנֵ֖י מִסְתָּרִ֑ים
NAS: you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth
KJV: thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches
INT: will give the treasures of darkness and hidden of secret

Isaiah 45:7
HEB: אוֹר֙ וּבוֹרֵ֣א חֹ֔שֶׁךְ עֹשֶׂ֥ה שָׁל֖וֹם
NAS: and creating darkness, Causing
KJV: and create darkness: I make
INT: light and creating darkness Causing well-being

Isaiah 45:19
HEB: בִּמְקוֹם֙ אֶ֣רֶץ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ לֹ֥א אָמַ֛רְתִּי
NAS: In some dark land;
KJV: in secret, in a dark place
INT: some land dark did not say

Isaiah 47:5
HEB: דוּמָ֛ם וּבֹ֥אִי בַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ בַּת־ כַּשְׂדִּ֑ים
NAS: and go into darkness, O daughter
KJV: and get thee into darkness, O daughter
INT: silently and go darkness daughter of the Chaldeans

Isaiah 49:9
HEB: צֵ֔אוּ לַאֲשֶׁ֥ר בַּחֹ֖שֶׁךְ הִגָּל֑וּ עַל־
NAS: To those who are in darkness, 'Show
KJV: Go forth; to them that [are] in darkness, Shew
INT: Go after darkness Show Along

Isaiah 58:10
HEB: תַּשְׂבִּ֑יעַ וְזָרַ֤ח בַּחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ אוֹרֶ֔ךָ וַאֲפֵלָתְךָ֖
NAS: will rise in darkness And your gloom
KJV: rise in obscurity, and thy darkness
INT: and satisfy will rise darkness your light and your gloom

Isaiah 59:9
HEB: לָאוֹר֙ וְהִנֵּה־ חֹ֔שֶׁךְ לִנְגֹה֖וֹת בָּאֲפֵל֥וֹת
NAS: but behold, darkness, For brightness,
KJV: for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness,
INT: light behold darkness brightness gloom

Isaiah 60:2
HEB: כִּֽי־ הִנֵּ֤ה הַחֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ יְכַסֶּה־ אֶ֔רֶץ
NAS: For behold, darkness will cover
KJV: For, behold, the darkness shall cover
INT: For behold darkness will cover the earth

Lamentations 3:2
HEB: נָהַ֛ג וַיֹּלַ֖ךְ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ אֽוֹר׃
NAS: me and made me walk In darkness and not in light.
KJV: me, and brought [me into] darkness, but not [into] light.
INT: has driven walk darkness not light

Ezekiel 8:12
HEB: יִשְׂרָאֵל֙ עֹשִׂ֣ים בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ אִ֖ישׁ בְּחַדְרֵ֣י
NAS: are committing in the dark, each man
KJV: do in the dark, every man
INT: of Israel are committing the dark each the room

Ezekiel 32:8
HEB: עָלֶ֑יךָ וְנָתַ֤תִּי חֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ עַֽל־ אַרְצְךָ֔
NAS: you And will set darkness on your land,
KJV: over thee, and set darkness upon thy land,
INT: over and will set darkness over your land

Joel 2:2
HEB: י֧וֹם חֹ֣שֶׁךְ וַאֲפֵלָ֗ה י֤וֹם
NAS: A day of darkness and gloom, A day
KJV: A day of darkness and of gloominess,
INT: A day of darkness and gloom A day

Joel 2:31
HEB: הַשֶּׁ֙מֶשׁ֙ יֵהָפֵ֣ךְ לְחֹ֔שֶׁךְ וְהַיָּרֵ֖חַ לְדָ֑ם
NAS: will be turned into darkness And the moon
KJV: shall be turned into darkness, and the moon
INT: the sun will be turned darkness and the moon blood

Amos 5:18
HEB: יְהוָ֖ה הוּא־ חֹ֥שֶׁךְ וְלֹא־ אֽוֹר׃
NAS: of the LORD [be] to you? It [will be] darkness and not light;
KJV: of the LORD [is] darkness, and not light.
INT: of the LORD you It darkness and not light

Amos 5:20
HEB: הֲלֹא־ חֹ֛שֶׁךְ י֥וֹם יְהוָ֖ה
NAS: of the LORD [be] darkness instead
KJV: of the LORD [be] darkness, and not light?
INT: instead darkness the day of the LORD

Micah 7:8
HEB: כִּֽי־ אֵשֵׁ֣ב בַּחֹ֔שֶׁךְ יְהוָ֖ה א֥וֹר
NAS: I dwell in darkness, the LORD
KJV: when I sit in darkness, the LORD
INT: Though dwell darkness the LORD light

Nahum 1:8
HEB: וְאֹיְבָ֖יו יְרַדֶּף־ חֹֽשֶׁךְ׃
NAS: His enemies into darkness.
KJV: of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue
INT: his enemies and will pursue darkness

Zephaniah 1:15
HEB: וּמְשׁוֹאָ֔ה י֥וֹם חֹ֙שֶׁךְ֙ וַאֲפֵלָ֔ה י֥וֹם
NAS: A day of darkness and gloom,
KJV: a day of darkness and gloominess,
INT: and desolation A day of darkness and gloom A day

FACTS:
We have the PERFECT CHERUB who BETRAYED and STOLE 1/3 of GODS Children and cast them to earth. 
We have a time when GODS PAIN caused SUDDEN destruction and caused NOT A MAN, NOR a bird, NOR ANY LIGHT to be upon the earth. 
We have the earth being FOUND in darkness. 
We have SATAN/SERPENT/tree of good and evil ALREADY in the garden. 
We have GOD saying HE DIDN'T create the earth in the CONDITION IT IS FOUND IN IN GEN 1;2. 
We have A NEW heaven and earth being spoken of as coming.  A NEW Jerusalem also as coming. 
We have stars and sons of GOD watching the EARTH being created, NOT IN DARKNESS but in light.  

We EITHER believe WHAT IS WRITTEN or we don't.  

GOD says I DIDN'T CREATE IT THAT WAY and DOESN'T make mention of IT BEING ANY PART OF THE PROCESS, that is 100 percent the wisdom of man.  

EVERY FALSE DOCTRINE IS THE SAME.  Man DOESN'T take what is written as TRUTH, but makes HIS OWN assumptions and conclusions and based upon those words comes up with a truth of his own.  Just like the serpent, questioning the truth with HATH GOD SAID?

He says HE DIDN'T CREATE IT NULL AND VOID.  AGAIN, ANY MAN who puts null and void INTO that process DOES SO ONLY UPON THE WISDOM OF MAN, and NOT the words of GOD and so is willing to argue to death their REASONS, while completing disregarding what is ACTUALLY written.    

So simple even children can understand.  Doesn't take a 'scholar' to read and understand the words of God.  

When Jesus came the first time THE WISDOM of Man had clouded the TRUTH of GODS WORDS.  You can bet that is happening again...since not everyone likes to learn from past mistakes

:)  But the earth BECAME an INHABITABLE WASTELAND.

The traditional translation doesn't even make sense.  God doesn't create anything "without form", or "null".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

24 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

:)  But the earth BECAME an INHABITABLE WASTELAND.

The traditional translation doesn't even make sense.  God doesn't create anything "without form", or "null".

Agreed

11 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Amazing that you are so unwilling to even look at the data on biblehub.  Unable to spend even a few minutes, eh?

Click on:  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/1-2.htm which will take you to Genesis 1:2, showing English, original Hebrew and the transliteration of the Hebrew.

Next, click on the transliteration 'hā·yə·ṯāh' above the English "was", which takes you to the ENTIRE list of verses with the EXACT SAME FORM as in Gen 1:2 and how they are translated.

The list is so long I doubt that even this website won't include it in one post.  But here goes:

hā·yə·ṯāh — 111 Occurrences

HEB: וְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָיְתָ֥ה תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ
KJV: And the earth was without form,
INT: the earth was was formless and void

Genesis 18:12
HEB: אַחֲרֵ֤י בְלֹתִי֙ הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֣י עֶדְנָ֔ה
NAS: I have become old, shall I have pleasure,
INT: After have become have have pleasure my lord

Genesis 38:21
HEB: וַיֹּ֣אמְר֔וּ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה בָזֶ֖ה קְדֵשָֽׁה׃
NAS: But they said, There has been no
INT: saying no has been here harlot

Genesis 38:22
HEB: אָֽמְר֔וּ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה בָזֶ֖ה קְדֵשָֽׁה׃
NAS: said, 'There has been no
INT: said no has been no harlot

Genesis 47:26
HEB: לְבַדָּ֔ם לֹ֥א הָיְתָ֖ה לְפַרְעֹֽה׃ 
NAS: of the priests did not become Pharaoh's.
INT: alone did not become Pharaoh's

Exodus 8:15
HEB: פַּרְעֹ֗ה כִּ֤י הָֽיְתָה֙ הָֽרְוָחָ֔ה וְהַכְבֵּד֙
INT: Pharaoh for there was relief hardened

Exodus 9:24
HEB: מִצְרַ֔יִם מֵאָ֖ז הָיְתָ֥ה לְגֽוֹי׃ 
INT: of Egypt for became A nation

Exodus 16:13
HEB: הַֽמַּחֲנֶ֑ה וּבַבֹּ֗קֶר הָֽיְתָה֙ שִׁכְבַ֣ת הַטַּ֔ל
INT: the camp the morning came A layer of dew

Exodus 16:24
HEB: וְרִמָּ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֥יְתָה בּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: worm nor become

Exodus 36:7
HEB: וְהַמְּלָאכָ֗ה הָיְתָ֥ה דַיָּ֛ם לְכָל־
NAS: For the material they had was sufficient
INT: the material had was sufficient for all

Leviticus 21:3
HEB: אֲשֶׁ֥ר לֹֽא־ הָיְתָ֖ה לְאִ֑ישׁ לָ֖הּ
NAS: to him because she has had no
INT: because no has husband may defile

Numbers 14:24
HEB: כָלֵ֗ב עֵ֣קֶב הָֽיְתָ֞ה ר֤וּחַ אַחֶ֙רֶת֙
NAS: because he has had a different spirit
INT: Caleb because had spirit A different

Deuteronomy 2:15
HEB: יַד־ יְהוָה֙ הָ֣יְתָה בָּ֔ם לְהֻמָּ֖ם
INT: the hand of the LORD become to destroy within

Deuteronomy 2:36
HEB: הַגִּלְעָ֔ד לֹ֤א הָֽיְתָה֙ קִרְיָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר
INT: to Gilead no become city which

Deuteronomy 3:4
HEB: הַהִ֔וא לֹ֤א הָֽיְתָה֙ קִרְיָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר
INT: he not become A city which

Joshua 11:19
HEB: לֹֽא־ הָיְתָ֣ה עִ֗יר אֲשֶׁ֤ר
INT: not become A city which

Joshua 11:20
HEB: מֵאֵ֣ת יְהוָ֣ה ׀ הָיְתָ֡ה לְחַזֵּ֣ק אֶת־
NAS: that he might utterly destroy them, that they might receive no
INT: for of the LORD receive to harden their hearts

Joshua 14:14
HEB: עַל־ כֵּ֣ן הָיְתָֽה־ חֶ֠בְרוֹן לְכָלֵ֨ב
NAS: Hebron became the inheritance
INT: and after that became Hebron of Caleb

Joshua 17:6
HEB: וְאֶ֙רֶץ֙ הַגִּלְעָ֔ד הָיְתָ֥ה לִבְנֵֽי־ מְנַשֶּׁ֖ה
NAS: of Gilead belonged to the rest
INT: and the land of Gilead belonged of the sons of Manasseh

Joshua 17:8
HEB: לִמְנַשֶּׁ֕ה הָיְתָ֖ה אֶ֣רֶץ תַּפּ֑וּחַ
NAS: of Tappuah belonged to Manasseh,
INT: to Manasseh belonged the land of Tappuah

Judges 2:15
HEB: יַד־ יְהוָה֙ הָיְתָה־ בָּ֣ם לְרָעָ֔ה
INT: the hand of the LORD become evil after

Judges 21:3
HEB: אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל הָ֥יְתָה זֹּ֖את בְּיִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל
NAS: has this come about in Israel,
INT: God of Israel come in Israel

Judges 21:5
HEB: הַשְּׁבוּעָ֨ה הַגְּדוֹלָ֜ה הָיְתָ֗ה לַ֠אֲשֶׁר לֹא־
NAS: to the LORD? For they had taken a great
INT: oath A great become who did not

Ruth 1:7
HEB: הַמָּקוֹם֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָיְתָה־ שָׁ֔מָּה וּשְׁתֵּ֥י
INT: the place after become in it two

1 Samuel 4:7
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֥א הָיְתָ֛ה כָּזֹ֖את אֶתְמ֥וֹל
NAS: like this has happened before.
INT: For nothing has happened likewise before time

1 Samuel 4:17
HEB: מַגֵּפָ֥ה גְדוֹלָ֖ה הָיְתָ֣ה בָעָ֑ם וְגַם־
NAS: and there has also been a great
INT: slaughter A great been the people also

1 Samuel 5:11
HEB: עַמִּ֑י כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה מְהֽוּמַת־ מָ֙וֶת֙
INT: and our people for become confusion A deadly

1 Samuel 10:12
HEB: עַל־ כֵּן֙ הָיְתָ֣ה לְמָשָׁ֔ל הֲגַ֥ם
NAS: Therefore it became a proverb:
INT: and it became A proverb also

1 Samuel 14:20
HEB: הַמִּלְחָמָ֑ה וְהִנֵּ֨ה הָיְתָ֜ה חֶ֤רֶב אִישׁ֙
INT: to the battle and behold become sword every

1 Samuel 14:38
HEB: וּרְא֔וּ בַּמָּ֗ה הָֽיְתָ֛ה הַחַטָּ֥את הַזֹּ֖את
NAS: this sin has happened today.
INT: and see how has happened sin likewise

1 Samuel 27:6
HEB: צִֽקְלָ֑ג לָכֵ֞ן הָיְתָ֤ה צִֽקְלַג֙ לְמַלְכֵ֣י
NAS: Ziklag has belonged to the kings
INT: Ziklag therefore has Ziklag to the kings

2 Samuel 3:37
HEB: כִּ֣י לֹ֤א הָיְתָה֙ מֵֽהַמֶּ֔לֶךְ לְהָמִ֖ית
NAS: that day that it had not been [the will] of the king
INT: for had not been the king to put

2 Samuel 10:9
HEB: יוֹאָ֗ב כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה אֵלָיו֙ פְּנֵ֣י
INT: Joab for was set against front

2 Samuel 13:32
HEB: פִּ֤י אַבְשָׁלוֹם֙ הָיְתָ֣ה שׂוּמָ֔ה מִיּוֹם֙
NAS: of Absalom this has been determined
INT: the intent of Absalom has been determined the day

2 Samuel 14:27
HEB: תָּמָ֑ר הִ֣יא הָיְתָ֔ה אִשָּׁ֖ה יְפַ֥ת
INT: was Tamar he become was a woman of beautiful

2 Samuel 17:9
HEB: הַשֹּׁמֵ֙עַ֙ וְאָמַ֔ר הָֽיְתָה֙ מַגֵּפָ֔ה בָּעָ֕ם
INT: hears will say has been A slaughter the people

HEB: כִּי־ לִי֙ הָיְתָ֣ה הַמְּלוּכָ֔ה וְעָלַ֞י
NAS: has turned about and become my brother's,
INT: know for and become the kingdom and

HEB: כִּ֥י מֵיְהוָ֖ה הָ֥יְתָה לּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: for the LORD and become

1 Kings 4:11
HEB: בַּת־ שְׁלֹמֹ֔ה הָ֥יְתָה לּ֖וֹ לְאִשָּֽׁה׃
INT: the daughter of Solomon become to wife

1 Kings 11:11
HEB: יַ֚עַן אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָֽיְתָה־ זֹּ֣את עִמָּ֔ךְ
NAS: Because you have done this,
INT: because which become likewise with

1 Kings 12:15
HEB: הָעָ֑ם כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה סִבָּה֙ מֵעִ֣ם

1 Kings 14:30

1 Kings 15:6

1 Kings 15:7
HEB: יְהוּדָ֑ה וּמִלְחָמָ֥ה הָיְתָ֛ה בֵּ֥ין אֲבִיָּ֖ם
INT: Judah battle become between Abijam

1 Kings 15:16

1 Kings 15:32

1 Kings 18:46
HEB: וְיַד־ יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ אֶל־ אֵ֣לִיָּ֔הוּ
INT: the hand of the LORD become was on Elijah

2 Kings 8:18
HEB: בַּת־ אַחְאָ֔ב הָֽיְתָה־ לּ֖וֹ לְאִשָּׁ֑ה
NAS: of Ahab became his wife;
INT: the daughter of Ahab became his wife did

2 Kings 24:3
HEB: פִּ֣י יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ בִּֽיהוּדָ֔ה לְהָסִ֖יר
NAS: of the LORD it came upon Judah,
INT: the command of the LORD came Judah to remove

2 Kings 24:7
HEB: כֹּ֛ל אֲשֶׁ֥ר הָיְתָ֖ה לְמֶ֥לֶךְ מִצְרָֽיִם׃
NAS: all that belonged to the king
INT: all that belonged to the king of Egypt

2 Kings 24:20
HEB: אַ֣ף יְהוָ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה בִירוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ וּבִ֣יהוּדָ֔ה

1 Chronicles 7:23
HEB: כִּ֥י בְרָעָ֖ה הָיְתָ֥ה בְּבֵיתֽוֹ׃ 
NAS: misfortune had come upon his house.
INT: because evil had come his house

1 Chronicles 19:10
HEB: יוֹאָ֗ב כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֧ה פְנֵי־ הַמִּלְחָמָ֛ה
INT: Joab for become front the battle

2 Chronicles 1:11
HEB: יַ֣עַן אֲשֶׁר֩ הָיְתָ֨ה זֹ֜את עִם־
NAS: Because you had this
INT: because whom had likewise in

2 Chronicles 10:15
HEB: הָעָ֑ם כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה נְסִבָּה֙ מֵעִ֣ם

2 Chronicles 13:2
HEB: גִּבְעָ֑ה וּמִלְחָמָ֥ה הָיְתָ֛ה בֵּ֥ין אֲבִיָּ֖ה
INT: of Gibeah war become between Abijah

2 Chronicles 14:14
HEB: בִזָּ֥ה רַבָּ֖ה הָיְתָ֥ה בָהֶֽם׃ 
INT: plunder much had fallen

2 Chronicles 15:1
HEB: בֶּן־ עוֹדֵ֔ד הָיְתָ֥ה עָלָ֖יו ר֥וּחַ
NAS: of God came on Azariah
INT: the son of Oded came now the Spirit

2 Chronicles 20:14
HEB: בְּנֵ֣י אָסָ֑ף הָיְתָ֤ה עָלָיו֙ ר֣וּחַ
NAS: of the LORD came upon Jahaziel
INT: of the sons of Asaph came and the Spirit

2 Chronicles 21:6
HEB: בַּת־ אַחְאָ֔ב הָ֥יְתָה לּ֖וֹ אִשָּׁ֑ה
INT: daughter Ahab's become to wife did

2 Chronicles 22:3
HEB: כִּ֥י אִמּ֛וֹ הָיְתָ֥ה יֽוֹעַצְתּ֖וֹ לְהַרְשִֽׁיעַ׃
INT: for his mother become was his counselor to do

2 Chronicles 22:7
HEB: וּמֵֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הָיְתָה֙ תְּבוּסַ֣ת אֲחַזְיָ֔הוּ
INT: God become now the destruction of Ahaziah

2 Chronicles 22:11
HEB: כִּ֣י הִיא֩ הָיְתָ֨ה אֲח֧וֹת אֲחַזְיָ֛הוּ
INT: for he become was the sister of Ahaziah

2 Chronicles 30:12
HEB: גַּ֣ם בִּיהוּדָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ יַ֣ד הָאֱלֹהִ֔ים
INT: was also Judah become the hand of God

Ezra 8:31
HEB: וְיַד־ אֱלֹהֵ֙ינוּ֙ הָיְתָ֣ה עָלֵ֔ינוּ וַיַּ֨צִּילֵ֔נוּ
INT: and the hand of our God become was over delivered

Ezra 9:2
HEB: הַשָּׂרִ֣ים וְהַסְּגָנִ֗ים הָ֥יְתָ֛ה בַּמַּ֥עַל הַזֶּ֖ה
NAS: and the rulers have been foremost
INT: of the princes and the rulers have been unfaithfulness this

Ezra 9:8
HEB: כִּמְעַט־ רֶגַע֩ הָיְתָ֨ה תְחִנָּ֜ה מֵאֵ֣ת ׀
NAS: grace has been [shown] from the LORD
INT: A brief moment has been grace God

Esther 2:20
HEB: עֹשָׂ֔ה כַּאֲשֶׁ֛ר הָיְתָ֥ה בְאָמְנָ֖ה אִתּֽוֹ׃
NAS: told her as she had done when
INT: did after had done his care for

Esther 8:16
HEB: לַיְּהוּדִ֕ים הָֽיְתָ֥ה אוֹרָ֖ה וְשִׂמְחָ֑ה
INT: the Jews there was light and gladness

Psalm 42:3
HEB: הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֬י דִמְעָתִ֣י
NAS: My tears have been my food day
INT: have been my tears my food

Psalm 114:2
HEB: הָיְתָ֣ה יְהוּדָ֣ה לְקָדְשׁ֑וֹ
NAS: Judah became His sanctuary, Israel,
INT: became Judah his sanctuary

Psalm 118:22
HEB: מָאֲס֣וּ הַבּוֹנִ֑ים הָ֝יְתָ֗ה לְרֹ֣אשׁ פִּנָּֽה׃
NAS: rejected Has become the chief
INT: rejected the builders has become the chief corner

Psalm 118:23
HEB: מֵאֵ֣ת יְ֭הוָה הָ֣יְתָה זֹּ֑את הִ֖יא
INT: is the LORD'S become likewise It

Psalm 119:56
HEB: זֹ֥את הָֽיְתָה־ לִּ֑י כִּ֖י
NAS: This has become mine, That I observe
INT: likewise has become for your precepts

Proverbs 31:14
HEB: הָ֭יְתָה כָּאֳנִיּ֣וֹת סוֹחֵ֑ר
INT: become ships merchant

Ecclesiastes 6:3
HEB: קְבוּרָ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֣יְתָה לּ֑וֹ אָמַ֕רְתִּי
INT: A burial not have say Better

Isaiah 1:21
HEB: אֵיכָה֙ הָיְתָ֣ה לְזוֹנָ֔ה קִרְיָ֖ה
NAS: city has become a harlot,
INT: how has become A harlot city

Isaiah 11:16
HEB: מֵֽאַשּׁ֑וּר כַּאֲשֶׁ֤ר הָֽיְתָה֙ לְיִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל בְּי֥וֹם
INT: Assyria who become Israel the day

Isaiah 50:11
HEB: בִּֽעַרְתֶּ֔ם מִיָּדִי֙ הָיְתָה־ זֹּ֣את לָכֶ֔ם
NAS: This you will have from My hand:
INT: have set my hand will have likewise torment

Jeremiah 2:10
HEB: וּרְא֕וּ הֵ֥ן הָיְתָ֖ה כָּזֹֽאת׃ 
NAS: if there has been such [a thing] as this!
INT: and see if has been likewise

Jeremiah 12:8
HEB: הָיְתָה־ לִּ֥י נַחֲלָתִ֖י
NAS: My inheritance has become to Me Like a lion
INT: has become my inheritance A lion

Jeremiah 25:38
HEB: סֻכּ֑וֹ כִּֽי־ הָיְתָ֤ה אַרְצָם֙ לְשַׁמָּ֔ה
NAS: For their land has become a horror
INT: his hiding for has become their land A horror

Jeremiah 26:24
HEB: בֶּן־ שָׁפָ֔ן הָיְתָ֖ה אֶֽת־ יִרְמְיָ֑הוּ
INT: the son of Shaphan become was with Jeremiah

Jeremiah 32:31
HEB: וְעַל־ חֲמָתִ֗י הָ֤יְתָה לִּי֙ הָעִ֣יר
NAS: city has been to Me [a] [provocation of] My anger
INT: before and my wrath has been city likewise

Jeremiah 50:23
NAS: Babylon has become An object of horror

Jeremiah 51:41
NAS: Babylon has become an object of horror

Jeremiah 52:3
HEB: אַ֣ף יְהוָ֗ה הָֽיְתָה֙ בִּירוּשָׁלִַ֣ם וִֽיהוּדָ֔ה

HEB: רַבָּ֣תִי עָ֔ם הָיְתָ֖ה כְּאַלְמָנָ֑ה רַבָּ֣תִי
NAS: of people! She has become like a widow
INT: was full of people has become A widow Who

HEB: שָׂרָ֙תִי֙ בַּמְּדִינ֔וֹת הָיְתָ֖ה לָמַֽס׃ ס
NAS: among the provinces Has become a forced laborer!
INT: was a princess the provinces has become A forced

Lamentations 1:17
HEB: סְבִיבָ֣יו צָרָ֑יו הָיְתָ֧ה יְרוּשָׁלִַ֛ם לְנִדָּ֖ה
NAS: Jerusalem has become an unclean thing
INT: round should be his adversaries has become Jerusalem an unclean

Ezekiel 16:56
HEB: וְל֤וֹא הָֽיְתָה֙ סְדֹ֣ם אֲחוֹתֵ֔ךְ
INT: not become Sodom your sister

Ezekiel 19:10
HEB: פֹּֽרִיָּה֙ וַֽעֲנֵפָ֔ה הָיְתָ֖ה מִמַּ֥יִם רַבִּֽים׃
INT: fruitful and full become waters of abundant

Ezekiel 26:17
HEB: הַהֻלָּ֗לָה אֲשֶׁר֩ הָיְתָ֨ה חֲזָקָ֤ה בַיָּם֙
INT: renowned Which become was mighty the sea

Ezekiel 31:3
HEB: וּבֵ֣ין עֲבֹתִ֔ים הָיְתָ֖ה צַמַּרְתּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: was among boughs become top

Ezekiel 33:22
HEB: וְיַד־ יְהוָה֩ הָיְתָ֨ה אֵלַ֜י בָּעֶ֗רֶב
NAS: of the LORD had been upon me in the evening,
INT: now the hand of the LORD had been upon the evening

Ezekiel 36:2
HEB: עוֹלָ֔ם לְמֽוֹרָשָׁ֖ה הָ֥יְתָה לָּֽנוּ׃ 
NAS: heights have become our possession,'
INT: the ancient possession have become

Ezekiel 36:17
HEB: כְּטֻמְאַת֙ הַנִּדָּ֔ה הָיְתָ֥ה דַרְכָּ֖ם לְפָנָֽי׃
INT: the uncleanness her impurity become their way before

Ezekiel 36:34
HEB: תַּ֚חַת אֲשֶׁ֣ר הָיְתָ֣ה שְׁמָמָ֔ה לְעֵינֵ֖י
NAS: instead of being a desolation
INT: instead after of being A desolation the sight

Ezekiel 36:35
HEB: הַלֵּ֙זוּ֙ הַנְּשַׁמָּ֔ה הָיְתָ֖ה כְּגַן־ עֵ֑דֶן
NAS: land has become like the garden
INT: This desolate has become the garden of Eden

Ezekiel 37:1
HEB: הָיְתָ֣ה עָלַי֮ יַד־
INT: become and the hand

Ezekiel 40:1
HEB: הַיּ֣וֹם הַזֶּ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה עָלַי֙ יַד־
INT: day he become and the hand

Ezekiel 44:25
HEB: אֲשֶֽׁר־ לֹא־ הָיְתָ֥ה לְאִ֖ישׁ יִטַּמָּֽאוּ׃
NAS: who has not had a husband,
INT: who has not had A husband may defile

Joel 2:3
HEB: פְּלֵיטָ֖ה לֹא־ הָ֥יְתָה לּֽוֹ׃ 
INT: escapes and nothing become

Jonah 3:3
HEB: יְהוָ֑ה וְנִֽינְוֵ֗ה הָיְתָ֤ה עִיר־ גְּדוֹלָה֙
INT: of the LORD now Nineveh become city great

Zephaniah 2:15
HEB: ע֑וֹד אֵ֣יךְ ׀ הָיְתָ֣ה לְשַׁמָּ֗ה מַרְבֵּץ֙
NAS: me. How she has become a desolation,
INT: besides How has become A desolation A resting

Malachi 1:9
HEB: וִֽיחָנֵ֑נוּ מִיֶּדְכֶם֙ הָ֣יְתָה זֹּ֔את הֲיִשָּׂ֤א
INT: may be gracious your part become will he regard

Malachi 2:5
HEB: בְּרִיתִ֣י ׀ הָיְתָ֣ה אִתּ֗וֹ הַֽחַיִּים֙
INT: my covenant become for of life

Malachi 2:6
HEB: תּוֹרַ֤ת אֱמֶת֙ הָיְתָ֣ה בְּפִ֔יהוּ וְעַוְלָ֖ה
INT: instruction of truth was in his mouth and iniquity

Now, those who can count to at least 69 will SEE that is how many verses have been translated as either become or became.

Enjoy.

Good.

So all along you could have simply posted https://biblehub.com/hebrew/hayetah_1961.htm as your source. That would have saved a lot of nonsense. But at-least we're here now. :) 

I've done a quick scan through the first 20-or-so verses - and they line up with mine. So that's a good start. You can do it for the rest if you like, but I'm happy enough that we are dealing with the same verses - i.e. where 'haya' is used in the 'hayetha' form.

So - to the data!

* I firstly observe that they are using many English translations throughout the list. Therefore, my first question - How are they justifying the English translation used for each verse? I don't see that information provided. I can make a reasonable guess as to why they used the Hebrew and Interlinear versions, but without knowing why they chose the English versions for each verse, I have to consider the possibility of a bias-driven selection.

* This also raises a question about your initial claim (that 'hayetha' is translated 'became' 59% of the time it is used in the Old Testament). Do you just mean it can be translated that way 59% of the time - if you Cherry-Pick through the full range of translations? Because that is a very weak claim - i.e. a extremely weak justification for insisting on that particular translation for a different context.

* I would also observe that in your 'became'-heavy list, Genesis 1:2 is translated 'was' in the preferred translations. Can you point me to any Bible translations that use 'became' in Genesis 1:2 - I did a quick parallel search and couldn't find any among the presented translations. If even those with a tendency to translate 'hayetha' as 'became' choose 'was' instead, that is highly suggestive of a reason driving the translation towards 'was'.

* Now, if we move on to the second verse on your list we see:

12 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Firstly, Apart from the "INT:" transliteration, where is the actual English translation? That is what we are trying to count to support your 59% translation claim.

Secondly, does this usage of "become" even make sense in English? And if not, why is it counting towards your 59% claim?

Thirdly, what does "he become was " mean? Are you counting this as 'became' instead of 'was'? That would be, self-evidently biased. Why is the "become" here at all?

I therefore click the "INT:" link to the verse and find this:

image.png.b9128d562971c4228a7414e2cd93e4e5.png

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/genesis/3-20.htm

There is no "become"!!!??? - there is only 'was'. Why then is there a "become" on your list? How many of these false-positives contribute towards your 59% figure?

Likewise with your 4th and 5th verses:

12 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Did you count these towards your 'became' tally as well - even though the English translation is lacking, and "become" doesn't make sense in the context?

Progressive: In only the first five verses of your list, I have already invalidated all uses of 'became' from your count. This is why it is better to do the work yourself. 

In summary so far:

- There are verses on your list that do not include English translations (which is important, given that your claim is specific to translations)

- The other verses on your list use a variety of Bible translations - which introduces bias to your count

- There are verses on your list that use "become", even though it would not make sense in English

- There are verses in your list that, upon investigation, do not use "become", even though your list shows them as using "become"

- Your list contains ambiguities (like "become was"), which invalidates the method of doing straight count for comparison.

13 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

I don't know the reason this list was generated in such a way, but it is not fit for your purpose. That is, the list is not constructed in such a way as to make a straight count (nor any subsequent percentage calculation) valid. It therefore does not support your "59%" claim. I expect they have reasons for making their list in such a manner, but the design of the list does not make a straight count for comparison viable.

That is, this list was not made with the intension of you doing a straight count to determine how many times 'hayetha' is translated 'became'. The nature of the data does not permit that.

13 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Yes - had you taken the time to consider my data, you would have noticed that I factored that in explicitly. 

• Thumbs Up 1