• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/13/1982

Normally I would be happy to debate politics, but I am still kind of burned out from the election and a few other things. However, concerning John Bolton, I think, from what I have heard, I would like him to go to the UN. The UN is so corrupt right now, we need someone that will bring more of the corruption to the light and get the UN back on track. The UN is in some serious need of reform, they are clearly not doing their job.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Island

I do believe that the UN is in need of someone who can be strong and represent us. I do wonder about Bolton though because of aligations on his character on both sides of this isle. I also note that we need to mend the relationship that the world holds on us. I think maybe a better representative would be a kinder person who could help promote diplomacy.

Never mistake kindness for weakness

It is very possible that he could be to strong. I do feel that when the EU ratifies its constitution and becomes a stable economic union that the UN will eventually move to the EU. This, of course, is considering the permanent members of the Security Council and their relations to the US. The members are: the US, the UK, Russian Federation, France, and China. The other four members of the council are not exactly on good terms with the US. I know Tony Blair is our ally, however, he is up for election soon and I do not expect him to be reelected.

There has not been much said about the EU, but I have been very vigilant about keeping up with them.

Guest Beansie

I don't know much about Tom delay....sorry. But I will comment on how sick I am of people like Bill Mayer (sp?) on HBO.

From the shows that I've seen (it hasn't been many because I can't sit long enough to watch his show without getting bent out of shape easily), it doesn't seem like he gives the Christian point of view much of a supporting cast. Meaning, most of his shows are lopsided....he has more people on their opposed to Christianity on one side of the fence and hardly anybody (usually one person) on the Chrisitan side. It's quite disturbing as well to hear the audience applaud this guy on his views.

Now I understand that some of the views he expresses are to get a good laugh or whatever, but some of them are rather far fetched and proposterious.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as well?

Btw, sorry Island for changing the subject.

Guest Island

I wonder if the UN should look to strengthen itself before letting in other members trying to get in like Turkey. Either new ideas will be introduced giving fresh vigor needed, or it would bring in more complication. I know the US has been trying to work some kind of North American union seeing the possibilities in the EU. I doubt that the EU will replace the UN considering that more nations seek membership, but I haven't kept as uptodate as you have. I also agree that Tony Blairs chance of getting re-elected stands in the balance especially with more pressure being put on him. The US seems to have a huge PR problem internally and externally. I think someone that has more backing the Bolton from both sides would command a lot more respect then someone who barly makes it though the gates of his own country that he is to be representing.

I doubt that the EU will replace the UN considering that more nations seek membership

Whoops, I meant to say that the HQ of the UN might end up moving to Europe instead of staying in NY. I am sure if this does happen, it will not be fore awhile, considering their constitution still needs ratifying.

I think someone that has more backing the Bolton from both sides would command a lot more respect then someone who barly makes it though the gates of his own country that he is to be representing.

This is very true. Hypothetically, if he does get the vote, that might be the staw that breaks the camels back in the UN, with our relations with the rest of the council. That is if he "attacks" the rest of the council for what ever reason.

Edited by J.C.

Guest Island

I think your referring to BIll Maher. I agree with you his views are tilted, but he is on HBO where he openly can tilt things and get away with it. He has one sided opinions and caters to them. It is the same with other comedy shows like the Daily show which I like but I don't always agree with. He is definitely non-christian which alone I think skews his views into a world thinking we are to be cautious to enter. I did however hear him make a sudo/defence for christians as stating that our principle beliefs when compared to most religions hold more merit. Some of his stuff is funny and I cringe too when he says something offencice especially when his selective auidience rallies, but I try to take it with a grain of salt.

Guest Beansie

Yep that's who I was referring to.

I know that I need to take it with a grain of salt, but what's so frightening is that I know a lot of people who have the same view as he does. And it hasn't been more evident than during the election. What I've witnessed in my hometown (at work mostly) is that those for Kerry were very anti-religion (primarily anti-Christian). IN fact one of my coworkers said that morals change as the times change...WOW. My rebuttle was that "societies' morals" change, but Gods doesn't. My coworkers arguments was about allowing same sex marriages and other stuff.

Anyway...

Even Mr. Maher admits that the problem with the Democratic party is that they don't stand up for anything...they're too busy trying to spread the peanut butter and please everybody. That's probably the only thing that I've heard him say that was constructive...other than what you heard him say about Christianity.

Just wanted to through that in the ring....sorry I can't contribute to your other topic. I'm too simple minded.

Peace out and God Bless. Thanks for the feedback.

Guest Island

Being a Christian and trying to learn as much about politics and society as I can, I try not to hold one party view as much as possible, so as to not be in lock step with others. I do know many good Christian Democrats and many good Christian Republicans. God himself is neither of these. I think its important to not to follow only one issue or be of one issue concern either, too many debates are over things that the President has little power over. Most politicians are lawyers that are masters of debate and make a living on convincing people of opinions right or wrong. I have found that even when some of them were advertising for something I have a passion for did the same against others issues equal and opposite. Jesus wasn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

The biggest problems facing someone who is a Christian and a Politician are (1) maintaining your composure while dealing with other politicians who have no morals, (2) Keeping steadfast on your beliefs while others attack you, and (3) dealing with the temptations that you will be facing on a day-to-day basis.

It seems that being a politician is becoming less of a chosen career field for those who have any moral values anymore. But that is my opinion and observation.