• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I think you may have a point! Ever wonder why women don't run?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

The reason women probably don't run is because the political parties don't think a woman is a viable option to have as a president. Just like Alan Keys (a black person) was running on the Republican presidential ticket in 2000, he wasn't taken seriously, even though he probably would have been a good president. Once Clinton runs in 2008, things may or may not change. Sometimes in order for change to occur it has to be forced, and maybe this is one of them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Canada had a woman prime minister for about 3 months. She couldn't keep her mouth shut and got the boot :huh:

Canada had a woman prime minister for about 3 months. She couldn't keep her mouth shut and got the boot :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When was that? The only female prime ministers I was aware of were Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, and Indira Ghandi. Maybe because she was short termed she never got a chance to make an impact in the news here.

She replaced Mulroney when he got deposed. Her name was Kim Campbell. I think it was around the mid 90s. :huh:

She replaced Mulroney when he got deposed. Her name was Kim Campbell. I think it was around the mid 90s.  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mulroney I've heard of, but not Kim Campbell. Oh well, was she really that bad to be booted off after three months?

She replaced Mulroney when he got deposed. Her name was Kim Campbell. I think it was around the mid 90s.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

You've hit on my subject here...

I may differ in opinion with some of you but I strongly believe Christians should be active in politics. We should not and cannot allow Satan to have reign over our society and culture. Christians have grown much too apathetic, especially in the United States. I'd like to share with you all something I wrote for my website when I launched it last May:

----------------------------------------

Under the influence of God the Creator, and in obedience to Him, 7CWorldwide.com has come to fruition. The main purpose of my ministry, as it should be with all Christians, is to see souls saved. However, a charge has been afforded to me by God to carry another crucial message to the world. The root of this message lies in Truth. There is an entirety of Truth that the humanists realized decades ago. Shamefully, most Christians still remain oblivious to this great Truth.

The corruptions we see today are actually just small portions, symptoms even, of one massive predicament. There is an overall totality that has come about so subtly that it hasn't even been recognized by the church. What are we missing? We're missing the fact that there are two world views, moreover, that one has overthrown the other. One is the Judeo-Christian world view. This is the view that our forefathers in America held when they were writing the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and all the laws by which people were to live. This is the view that would uphold and maintain morality in any culture that would hold to it. The second is the humanist world view. This is a view of permissiveness. This is the view where Man, not God, is the measure of all things. Dr. Francis A. Schaeffer states the following in his book, A Christian Manifesto:

"It is not that these two world views are different only in how they understand the nature of reality and existence. They also inevitably produce totally different results. The operative word here is inevitably. It is not just that they happen to bring forth different results, but it is absolutely inevitable that they will bring forth different results."

God help us. Now we are seeing those results.

Schaeffer goes on to point out something else that really hits hard. Here is the excerpt:

"There is no way to mix these two total world views. They are separate entities that cannot be synthesized. Yet we must say that liberal theology, the very essence of it from the beginning, is an attempt to mix the two. Liberal theology tried to bring forth a mixture soon after the Enlightenment and has tried to synthesize these two views right up to our own day. But in each case when the chips are down these liberal theologians have always come down, as naturally as a ship coming into home port, on the side of the nonreligious humanist. They do this with certainty because what their liberal theology really is is humanism expressed in theological terms instead of philosophic or other terms."

Fellow Christians, it is time, beyond time even, to show force. We must stand up in light of these things and let our voices be heard and our presence felt. We have sat back long enough. We have prayed for a better day. The time has come to put some legs on those prayers and do our reasonable service (ref. Romans 12:1). 7CWorldwide.com has come to intercede. We stand for the Truth. We stand for Father God, Jesus Christ the Savior, and the Holy Ghost and we will not back down.

William Penn said:

"If we are not governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants."

Revelation 3:2 says:

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

References

Schaeffer, Francis A. A Christian Manifesto, Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books, 1981.

----------------------------------------

If we care about the future of our society and the state of our culture that will be in place as we pass the proverbial torch to our children, we MUST make a positive impact politically. We need good Christians in public office from the dog catcher to the President and everywhere in-between. Here in the U.S., we know our nation was founded by Christians and on Christian principles. Brothers and sisters