IGNORED

Feeling Depressed

I am pretty much a loner and have social anxiety and depression. I am kind of in a rut, though I am familiar with this and been this way for so long. I've never married and never had a girlfriend and i'm in my early 40s. I suppose I am too old now to care, but a part of me still does and wish I could just embrace it and move on. Has or have any here dealt with this problem and how do you cope?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I been married but not now. I married someone who believe in God but was not born again. I felt lonely along the way. 

But God help me a lot. I look to him at bad moments. If i get down i pray for him to give me strengh and power. 

Jesus said be of good cheer. Dont look so much at what we can see but at the heavenly things. 

We need to want heavenly things more then earthly things.

The bible keeps telling us to not fear. Jesus said i am always with you in all things. When we feel lonely he is there and knows our feelings.

Keep looking to God in all things. He will show you his love. He said so. He said he will make his home with us. Hope you feel better. Dont feel down without praying. He hears us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, This1WillHave2Do said:

I suppose I am too old now to care, but a part of me still does and wish I could just embrace it and move on.

Ask and pray to God if that is what He wants you to let go of.

The Holy Spirit of God knows what is best for our life and also our walk with Him.

Depending on your life and the trauma/sin that you have experienced in your life and how much you have dealt with it in Him or still need to overcome from it, finding someone for marriage, may not be what is best for you at this time. Maybe God wants you to keep focusing on Him and having a close daily relationship with Him first, so that He may become able free you more and more of past traumas/sin  and to finally come to be in a place of peace not matter what circumstance you find yourself in this life.

When you will be totally at peace with God and are living completely for Him in all that you do, you will feel free and well, It will no longer be a concern if having a family would make you happier as He will have completed in you to be content in whatever life situation you are in.

Please know that marriage, will not solve inner problems or traumas.

Many people can live very worthwhile lives outside of marriage.

God mentions that, the First thing we should do as Christians is that we should build First build our house on a rock, where the foundation i firm& strong, so that no matter how high the winds or the storms, we will remain ok and safe.

Matthew 7:24-27

Build on the Rock

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

18 hours ago, This1WillHave2Do said:

I am pretty much a loner and have social anxiety and depression.

I had this too. And I know how hard it is, we feel hopeless and useless.

I've never married and never had a girlfriend and i'm in my early 40s.

Me too, but I'm younger!

Has or have any here dealt with this problem and how do you cope?

Yes. The answer is the Lord Jesus... You have to know Him.

And I am sure He will change your life just like He is doing to me.

With Jesus in our lives all gets much easier, and we can have joy at any time and in all circumstances.

Yes, it seems impossible... Until you believe and receive Him.

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
    The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." - John 6:63

There is someone who loves you: The Lord Jesus Christ.

"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

"to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge;
    that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:19

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,872
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Hey there! Avoidant Personality Disorder (among many physical disabilities as well) checking in here. I know how hard it is to get close to people, and at 31.5 years and never having even been on a date, the loneliness is suffocating at times. Well, I don't have an answer that will make it all better. All you can do is trust in God and pray daily for His will to be done in your life. I believe that, if it's God's will, even my own problems and shortcomings will not keep Him from one day bringing the right someone into my life.

God bless, brother! Stay strong!