• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

MindonFire,

Why do you say you had "become a heathen"?

F

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you explain this, MoF?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am part way done with a fiction book based on "What if we are wrong". Events happened biblically in my book, but people miss the signs because they don't happen the way we think they should. There are many different reactions to these events by the characters.

I don't think we should be so absolutely sure about the details of the second coming that we could miss it. Look at the way the pharisees got it wrong. God had a totally different plan than they did. I am sure that most of us have it wrong since there are so many varying opinions on how it will happen.

Rather than throwing stones at each other and using sarcasm, I think we should try to understand each other's thoughts on end times. After all, we have these differing thoughts based on scripture, don't we? There should be a spirit of unity rather than a divisiveness. :blink:

I am not saying we can never know anything about end times, but we need to be watching and praying, as Jesus said. We need to keep an eye on scripture and the other one on current events to keep abreast of what is happening and keeping our spirits in tune with His.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am part way done with a fiction book based on "What if we are wrong". Events happened biblically in my book, but people miss the signs because they don't happen the way we think they should. There are many different reactions to these events by the characters. 

I don't think we should be so absolutely sure about the details of the second coming that we could miss it. Look at the way the pharisees got it wrong. God had a totally different plan than they did. I am sure that most of us have it wrong since there are so many varying opinions on how it will happen. 

Bingo!

(Although the problem here with MindonFire is what else he was saying.

It's been deleted, but he made a huge post to tell us "heathens" that the "Messias" has already returned and we have all seen him in the news. :):P:P:P:blink:

Kind of hard to "Amen!" the message of a guy who runs around with this kind of agenda! :blink: )

(Although the problem here with MindonFire is what else he was saying.

It's been deleted, but he made a huge post to tell us "heathens" that the "Messias" has already returned and we have all seen him in the news. 13.gif taped.gif rolleyes.gif glare.gif emot-fail.gif

Kind of hard to "Amen!" the message of a guy who runs around with this kind of agenda! wacko.gif )

:blink: Agreed. :)

That makes sense of the responses I've seen then. So was he saying that we all are wrong, but he is 100% right. Can I add some sarcasm to this thread? :blink:

Guest Stepoffaith
I know that there cannot be any "what ifs" for a faithful person. I will not allow myself to being tricked into doubting my Lord and Fathers intent and ability to show and provide fo me what I need. I doubt that he put it on my heart only to let me fall away.

VERY GOOD. :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

To my brothers and sisters in Christ:

Ya know, as much as I love to debate with y'all because it gives energy to my faith, it is disheartening when we argue over misunderstandings and assumptions. And, I mean that on both sides.

But, I think it brings joy to the Holy Spirit when believers try to find common ground.  Something they can affirm in each other without compromising their beliefs. And, I think faith and works is actually one of those things that we mostly agree on, we just have different perspectives and ways of expressing it.

Here's what I think we agree on:

1.  Without the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we would all merit hell and would have no chance of salvation.

2.  His sacrifice is a gift, we can't earn it; we must however accept it.

3.  To accept His gift we must repent of our sins and make a resolution to amend our lives.

4.  To accept Christ into our lives and to follow Him means to do what He commands.

But, do we agree on this?---- :huh:

That, in a sense, just as love can be an "action verb"", as expressed in I Corinthians 13, so also "faith" can be an action verb.  To have faith implies a way of life. It implies that we must DO something.  NOT that we are saved thru works, but that it is a command from Jesus as His followers to do the work He calls us to do.

Comments?

In His Love,

Fiosh

:b:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Complete agreement. Faith without works is dead, and works without Faith is filthy rags.

We work because we have faith, we don't have faith because we work.

I will go one step further we can decieve ourselves with faithless works, or with workless faith.

Jam 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

And as for the what ifs..

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If we truly follow the scriptures and not our "feelings" or someone else's misinterpretation. We will be fine. The Holy Spirit is to be our teacher who leads us into all righteousness, through the written Scriptures.

Let's be BEREANS, searching the scriptures daily..

Edited by Sir W Dakotah

And as for the what ifs..

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If we truly follow the scriptures and not our "feelings" or someone else's misinterpretation. We will be fine. The Holy Spirit is to be our teacher who leads us into all righteousness, through the written Scriptures.

Let's be BEREANS, searching the scriptures daily..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent post. There have been a lot of "feelings" and misinterpretations that have taken place already by many popular preachers. Hal Lindsay, Jack Van Impe, and others have been guilty of making statements and predictions that have been proven false. Many are sucked into these and are damaged by them. We must be careful and keep God's Word at hand.