jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Suzanne, you would make a great Catholic. :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

(The above clearly shows that there is a point of accountability for a child)

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This Scripture is about Jesus, you have to read it in context:

Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. "He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows {enough} to refuse evil and choose good. 16 "For before the boy will know {enough} to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken.

Was there an age of accountibilty for Jesus, too?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

(The above clearly shows that there is a point of accountability for a child)

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This Scripture is about Jesus, you have to read it in context:

Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. "He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows {enough} to refuse evil and choose good. 16 "For before the boy will know {enough} to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken.

Was there an age of accountibilty for Jesus, too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's English OA. It's not that heard to divide this Word. It is easy to understand. It merely means what It says.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

Psalm 32

1 A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit. 3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. 4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.

To remain silent and NOT open our mouths in repentance and brokenness, causes us great despair. When we will not willingly repent, we are in rebellion.

Job 36:10 He also opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they turn from iniquity. 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures. 12 But if they do not obey, They shall perish by the sword, And they shall die without knowledge. 13 "But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. 14 They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons.

The lesson from Job IS a great one, of great reward.

Job 42:6

5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. 6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Psalm 32

1 A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit. 3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. 4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.

To remain silent and NOT open our mouths in repentance and brokenness, causes us great despair.  When we will not willingly repent, we are in rebellion.

Job 36:10 He also opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they turn from iniquity. 11 If they obey and serve Him, They shall spend their days in prosperity, And their years in pleasures. 12 But if they do not obey, They shall perish by the sword, And they shall die without knowledge. 13 "But the hypocrites in heart store up wrath; They do not cry for help when He binds them. 14 They die in youth, And their life ends among the perverted persons.

The lesson from Job IS a great one, of great reward.

Job 42:6

5 "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You. 6 Therefore I abhor myself, And repent in dust and ashes."

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suzanne,

Last week I attended my last training class for volunteer work with our local Crisis Pregnancy Center. At that meeting, a local pastor's wife presented the gospel. No where in her presentation was confession of sin or repentance mentioned. When I asked about it, she said repentance was not necessary for salvation. Then, she said that repentance does not mean forsaking our sin. We had a little discussion about it in the class and then we parted after the class was over. I was really burdened about this, so I wrote her a letter, including in it all the verses I could find on repentance in relation to salvation in the NT, since she also stated that the word repentance is hardly seen at all in the NT. She wrote back to me and quoted some guy, a Dr. Curtis Hudson on the issue of repentance. This is what she highlighted for me. He says:

"The problem is not preaching repentance; it is giving a wrong definition to the word... Perhaps the most popular false idea is that repentance is turning from sin... If repentance means turning from sin, and turning from sin means to stop sinning, then a person must live a sinless life in order to be saved. And if that is the case, then nobody could ever be saved, because there are no perfect people. You don't get better to get saved; you get saved to get better. You can't get better until you do get saved. In reality, one can begin living better only after he is saved... Oh, if we would only make salvation plain and explain to men that we are not saved by doing anything; rather we are saved by trusting in what Jesus has already done... we must not demand of an unbeliever that which is impossible for him to perform, and we must not make unbelievers feel that salvation is a hopeless, unattainable thing... The Word of God makes it clear that salvation is based entirely upon the death of Christ and the believer's faith or trust in Him."

"Sometimes in the OT the word (repentance) carries with it the idea of feeling sorry or regretful... It is sometimes used in connection with sin, but the Word itself does not mean turning from sin; it means a change of mind... And to teach that man must turn from his sin to be saved, or change his actions to be saved, is in contradiction to the clear teaching of the Word of God that one is saved by grace through faith."

There is more, but I won't bore you with the details. She sent this to me in the mail after I had written to her. She included another writing by Charles C Bing, Pastor of Burleson Bible Church in TX. I have not had time to read that one yet.

I've been a believer for 50 years, and I don't think I've ever heard that repentance does not mean to turn from sin. Have you? Their big issue is that repentance for salvation in terms of turning from sin means we are doing something to earn our salvation and it is not by grace. What would you answer her?

Psalm 32

To remain silent and NOT open our mouths in repentance and brokenness, causes us great despair.

There is no more to be said.  I would be finished with that person, especially one who is masquerading as a teacher and a leader, yet does not even abide in HIS foundational message. (Matt. 4:17) (Mark 1:14)  That is very risky business!!!

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suzanne,

Thanks for your words of counsel. Yes, Jesus said that if someone does not listen, we are to shake the dust off of our feet and move on. You are right. She doesn't want to hear it. She already has her mind made up. I've just never heard of anyone thinking that repentance does not mean turning from sin. I guess that is another one of Satan's lies that has infiltrated the church. There are so many subtle lies of Satan that so many churches have begun to accept as normal. It breaks my heart to see it, too.

Dear Sue,

Here's what's so scary. The enemy knows that we are now entering that time where he's got to do as much damage as possible, and time is running out.

So, the deception is becoming that much more subtle. It always involves looking like it is so close to the actual Truth. That is why the Word says that if possible, even the very elect will be deceived. I am watching it happen. The changes in doctrine, JUST like what you mentioned, are so VERY close to sounding like a truth, that it is just enough to unsettle and cause conflict even for the most mature in the faith. I hate how it does that! You know, even John the Baptist reprimanded the pharisees and told them that before they would be baptised, they needed to bear fruits of repentance, so obviously it was necessary! I am seeing that there is an increase in the work of deception within the body, because the hour is getting late.

Keep defending the faith and standing on His Word, and don't let anything/anybody compel you to doubt what you heard in the beginning. We all KNOW what repentance means, we always have. :blink: I know you do to, and I commend you for standing firmly on the Word in contest before others.

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Dear Sue,

Here's what's so scary.  The enemy knows that we are now entering that time where he's got to do as much damage as possible, and time is running out. 

So, the deception is becoming that much more subtle.  It always involves looking like it is so close to the actual Truth.  That is why the Word says that if possible, even the very elect will be deceived.  I am watching it happen.  The changes in doctrine, JUST like what you mentioned, are so VERY close to sounding like a truth, that it is just enough to unsettle and cause conflict even for the most mature in the faith.  I hate how it does that!  You know, even John the Baptist reprimanded the pharisees and told them that before they would be baptised, they needed to bear fruits of repentance, so obviously it was necessary!  I am seeing that there is an increase in the work of deception within the body, because the hour is getting late.

Keep defending the faith and standing on His Word, and don't let anything/anybody compel you to doubt what you heard in the beginning.  We all KNOW what repentance means, we always have.  ;)  I know you do to, and I commend you for standing firmly on the Word in contest before others.

:)

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN!!