Calling All Pastors!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

It is inspiring and uplifting to hear the testimonies of some. It is also a fact that some seek to do more or other than what they are called.

In my case, I endeavored to become a pastor at one point, a Bible apologist, countercult witness for Christ on and on. It took nearly 25 years

for it to sink in that none of these were my calling from God they were my calling from me.

I do not discourage those who answer the true call.

But I dare say there are few who truly do .

We are all called to be priests before God (Revelation 1:6, 5:10, 1 Peter 2:3-9)

Serving in our individual capacities according to our spiritual gifts and vocations in life 

to aid in the general evangelism of the entire world in every new generation that grows.

Some ARE called to be pastor / teachers, some apologists and countercult evangelists... some ARE called

to knock on doors to share the Gospel (John 3:16-18, Ephesians 2:8-10, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)  or to free

believers from religious guilt (1 John 1:5 - 2:17). 

But the Church must get off of the traditions of man kick... which has become the very foundations of most Churches in the

Church Organization (which is NOT the Church Organism as it claims).  The true keys to the Kingdom are:

2 Peter 20-21, 1 John 4:1 (1 Thessalonians 5:21), Acts 17:11 (2 Timothy 3:16-17), Deuteronomy 29:29 / Proverbs 25:2 

Law Deuteronomy 4:2

Prophets Revelation 22:18-19

Writings Proverbs 20:5-6

Human tradition* has permeated the Church Organization which nullifies the word of God (Mark 7:13).

* The overall point Jesus made in Matthew 16:13-23 is that human tradition / reason is wrong and is ultimately from the devil.

Proverbs 14:12 & 16:25 (AV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Ask any one of the pastors in place where they get their authority from... to a man or woman they will say this denomination or that board of man. While at the same time their calling they say is from God.

Revelation 1:6 / 5:10 is the authority and calling of all believers to be priests of God (which has a much broader definition than just pastor / teachers) and does not require

indoctrination into human traditions taught through long compromised seminaries.

Of course they sound correct... but they contradict what other seminaries teach, don't they? 

Because they don't have the same Holy Spirit interpreted / Bible verified source.

Check out the atheist / humanist inspired higher criticism of the Bible (for eye openers) or

Deutero and Trito Isaiah doctrines taught in most seminaries (based solely on the premise scholars did not believe

in supernaturalism that Isaiah could not name Darius hundreds of years before he was born so generations of schools of Isaiah

must have penciled in his name into the Bible).

Jesus changed the world by changing one heart / eternal destiny at a time.

Do you want to change the world? Or just be an usher in the Plastic Jesus Country Club?

It's your call... (versus God's call).  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, May God guide you and may you follow His guidance carefully. Amen

Charles Spurgeon led a pastors college, he had much to advise regarding pastoring, some of which is addressed  within the following book/link: https://document.desiringgod.org/charles-spurgeon-en.pdf?ts=1446646864

Excerpt from introduction: ..."Spurgeon preached over six hundred times before he turned twenty years old. His sermons sold about 20,000 copies a week and were translated into twenty languages. Today, his collected sermons  sixty-three volumes, currently standing as the largest set of books by a single author in the history of Christianity."...

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 6/29/2018 at 5:34 PM, MadHermit said:

Usually good preachers are also good teachers.  The more frequent problem is that good preachers, especially pastors of large churches, often lack the interest and sensitivity to be good pastoral counselors.  So they delegate that to lay leaders or assistant pastors.  But a newbie like you will have to start in a small church, where it is usually essential that you develop skills in both teaching and counseling as well.  This fact highlights the importance of the right seminary or Bible school for you.  You need a place with good courses on pastoral care and a good supervised field education program.  If inimate connections with your flock's personal problems does not appeal to you, you probably lack a pastoral calling.  

A few minutes ago I couldn't get even 1 word to show up here. I'm glad that now it's working.

• Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Also 12 tips attributed to Charles Spurgeon  on preaching https://pastors.com/12-preaching-tips-from-charles-spurgeon/

as reported by Brandon Hilgemann