• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

If we die to self we live to Christ, he despised the cross but looked to the glory that lay before him. It was not easy what he did, even he dreaded what was going to come upon him. However, look at the glory set before us. Life is a precious thing, yet eternity is even more precious.

I always looked at it like this, I might save my physical body, for a while, but lose my soul for eternity. That brings it into sharper contrast. In the past the body of Christ have died for the word of God. The early christians in Rome, the reformers in the dark, and middle ages. And the christians in muslim lands throughout the muslim world.

And now in our own country. I know a christian family personally who was martyred in New Jersey America for their faith and their witness. It is coming and we must decide where do we stand, do we stand for the Lord and save our lives for eternity.

I am currently becoming involved with Voice of the Martyrs. People all overĀ  the world are suffering for the Word.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21).

"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?" (Luke 9:24-25)

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead" (Phil 3:10-11).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Canada has become a mecca for muslims over the past 30 years. (no pun intended). It concerns me that the middle east culture has advanced so rapidly here. Toronto and surrounding areas have become a melting pot of culture and I can see the day coming whena muslim can run for primeminister and give the traditional Canadian a run for his money. If not a muslim PM then at least one of those new age liberals. So many people think it's cool to be anti christian, it is scary. Even where I live we are surrounded by relatives and friends of relatives and my family is treated like outcasts. I don't know if it's because I'm christian or if it's because I'm from Ontario or both. But if all hell broke loose I don't think my family would get much support. Too many christians are seeking peace with other religions. Too many christians are willing to speak out against their brothers to look good in the eyes of the world. I really can't tell who's on my side. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know exactly what you mean Gerioke. My heart is deeply grieved at the state of the western church. I rebuked JVI to his face for preaching that muslims were looking for Jesus to come back too. I couldn't believe my ears. He did repent after the rebuke, but my God what would make an evangelical christian minister preach such a gospel? :blink:

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil 1:21).

"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?" (Luke 9:24-25)

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead" (Phil 3:10-11).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!!

So many people think it's cool to be anti christian, it is scary. Even where I live we are surrounded by relatives and friends of relatives and my family is treated like outcasts. I don't know if it's because I'm christian or if it's because I'm from Ontario or both. But if all hell broke loose I don't think my family would get much support. Too many christians are seeking peace with other religions. Too many christians are willing to speak out against their brothers to look good in the eyes of the world. I really can't tell who's on my side. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if you are on the Lord's side, then I'm on your side. :blink:

I don't know anything about Canada, well, not much. I don't know their culture or the differences between regions. I know the USA, or at least my part of it. I was raised in Ohio (midwest) and lived there 30 years. I have lived in the south for the past 25 years. Yes, I'm 55! There is a difference in culture between the north (& midwest) and the south. I am culturally very midwestern. And, even from a Christian standpoint, I think I am culturally more midwestern. I have acclimated myself to the south in many ways, but I will never be "southern." So, I'm kind of an odd ball in most circles down here. I don't fit in with most women my age, well, pretty much all women my age. My husband and I work with college-age adults, and I really find that I fit in better with them, but they can't really be my best friends because of the age difference, so I really have no close friends my age. I'm ok with that, though. Most people I know around here do not take the Lord as serious as I do. They don't talk about their faith. I love to talk about my Lord, which is why I'm here on this website. I just don't fit in culturally or religiously with most people in this area, other than the college students. But, even they are pretty much caught up in their own lives.

I've not had a lot of contact with "the world." Even jobs I have had, for the most part, have placed me in somewhat Christian environments where at least people were professing Christians and/or had Christian values. It is only recently that I have begun to be more exposed to people that are non-believers or anti-Christian. It has been eye opening for me. God is showing me the condition of our nation spiritually. Oh, I pray that he would move in America in bringing revival to our nation!!

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth..to teach the church. Lets pray the church are wise students.Instead of those who will not abide sound doctrine but have itching ears. Or as James said hearer's of the word and not doers who deceive themselves.

Great deception has come into the church that I thought I would never live to see and it causes me great grief.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, and I empathize with you. It causes me great grief, too, and I think that because it causes our Lord great grief.

Well, if you are on the Lord's side, then I'm on your side.Ā  :blink:

I don't know anything about Canada, well, not much. I don't know their culture or the differences between regions. I know the USA, or at least my part of it. I was raised in Ohio (midwest) and lived there 30 years. I have lived in the south for the past 25 years. Yes, I'm 55! There is a difference in culture between the north (& midwest) and the south. I am culturally very midwestern. And, even from a Christian standpoint, I think I am culturally more midwestern. I have acclimated myself to the south in many ways, but I will never be "southern." So, I'm kind of an odd ball in most circles down here. I don't fit in with most women my age, well, pretty much all women my age. My husband and I work with college-age adults, and I really find that I fit in better with them, but they can't really be my best friends because of the age difference, so I really have no close friends my age. I'm ok with that, though. Most people I know around here do not take the Lord as serious as I do. They don't talk about their faith. I love to talk about my Lord, which is why I'm here on this website. I just don't fit in culturally or religiously with most people in this area, other than the college students. But, even they are pretty much caught up in their own lives.

I've not had a lot of contact with "the world." Even jobs I have had, for the most part, have placed me in somewhat Christian environments where at least people were professing Christians and/or had Christian values. It is only recently that I have begun to be more exposed to people that are non-believers or anti-Christian. It has been eye opening for me. God is showing me the condition of our nation spiritually. Oh, I pray that he would move in America in bringing revival to our nation!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am also a midwesterner, and although I am not an expert on Canada, I live near the border, and have some knowledge of the Ontario area at least.

Sue I know exactly how you feel, my father was a southerner as is my husband. I was born and raised here in MI and have lived here most of my life. However, because I have a slightly different accent than most people here, I am considered an outsider. And if we go south the accent also makes me an outsider. Thats ok, we are all aliens and citizens of Heaven!

I have a great friend I use to speak with on a nightly basis who is french Canadian. I found that believers are believers everywhere. If they are truly believers, and not just give mental assent to the Word of God.

I have been out of fellowship with a local church here because our church went "seeker friendly" and being older they have no use for what they consider the elderly. I am a little older than you are Sue by 4 years, but my husband is older than I. He is also in bad health so we haven't been able to seek a more Godly church. So I go online to the boards, to christian chats.

I really don't feel lonely, most of the time, because my Lord said He would never leave me nor forsake me. Thank God for his promises.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

I often wonder to myself whether I have that kind of courage. I would like to think I do but although I haven't had a particularilly easy life, I also have not had a particularilly hard one. My courage has not been tested much during my time on this earth and I wonder if maybe I might submit under pressure. It is a scary thought , to think I could turn my back on God to save my skin. It is scarier than the thought of being killed for my faith. I have thought deeply about this, perhaps to deeply. If it came downt o me or my kids , who would I choose? On one hand I couldn't bare the thought of my kids watching me die and then going without a father. On the other hand, I couldn't stand the thought of me watching my kids die and being helpless to do anything. This might sound a little morbid but the way things are going in the world today we might be faced with these kind of decisions. I hope I have courage. Only time will tell I guess.

:blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your post reminded me of a video I saw on TBN that was set in the future where a believing father was talking to his son about how things used to be... just before guards came and hauled him away (presumably to be martyred). The words of the song can be found at I pledge Allegiance to the Lamb, but I don't know who was in the video.

Your post reminded me of a video I saw on TBN that was set in the future where a believing father was talking to his son about how things used to be... just before guards came and hauled him away (presumably to be martyred).Ā  The words of the song can be found at I pledge Allegiance to the Lamb, but I don't know who was in the video.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wish it was some future time. :blink: Or do I.... MARANATHA.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just remember - our Lord Jesus agonized over His death as well. So, don't feel guilty about that.

Just remember what and Who is on the other side. :blink:

And have faith that He will grant you the grace to make it through.

I've heard accounts where people having been given the choice agonized over it, but once they made the choice for Jesus they were filled with peace.

Have faith in the Lord that He will carry you through your death, and that everything will be OK!

One thing I think that this topic has brought out although it started out with some who were not as serious. Is that most of us have given deep thought to this subject.

We see a time coming soon when it may not be popular to be a true Christian as it seems to be today. All of us has faced the possibility that we may be called upon to die for our beliefs. I believe that God is raising up a people who are facing these issues and are steeling themselves to be prepared. We will overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony!

Edited by Sir W Dakotah