• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

35 minutes ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Thank you Neighbor.   .the question remains then. If such laws are done away with, doesnt this then allow the floodgates to open and what you see today is as a result of those floodgates opening. 

The freedom that comes with grace is not the freedom that allows me to do anything in abundance- sin does not flourish because of God's grace and mercy. Just the opposite occurs, because Jesus has stepped up my personal responsibilities at His sermon on the mount, I am accountable for not just the overt action of sin, but for the birthof th ethought of sin in my mind and heart. The flood gates they just do not exist it i snot a matter of my being perfect except and then I have to allow the excess to wash away as in a flood gate opening. No I am sin from the beginning a flow sin from a depraved nature and heart. My tongue wags  my heart's sin. It is the nature of awareness that came at the end of the age of innocence at the sin of Adam the first man.

Man is always trying to build flood gates, patches of new skins over old fabric, etc. That effort just fails, always. And that is the lesson of God to me personally. I cannot bring about perfection. I and all of mankind is depraved, having the ability to  see sin and not have the ability to reject it, having been born into it.

It is not by the actions of men that God is reconciling us to Him, it is by His grace and His mercy alone.  Our punishments issued among us by each other for sin is not so much that we need to  kill sinners, it is more that we may not exceed what is reasonable. An eye for an eye is not a minimum punishment any more than a road speed limit is a minimum. It means do not be excessive in response, have mercy as god is mercy.

Man is not going to bring about utopia on earth. It is all going to burn away. God will have made a new creation for His own and he will dwell with us there. In the meantime, as mean as it gets on earth today thesaints persevere and share of the grace and mercy of God the reconciliation by Christ Jesus and his blood shed at the cross for  redemption of those that will her and heed the call of the Holy Spirit to repentance of sin against God.

For me it is better to suffer than to kill the sinner, for I am a sinner too from birth. Better for the "other sinner" have the time that God may have designated  for their repentance, just as time was granted to me for mine.

that's the way I have come to see it anyway.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

The freedom that comes with grace is not the freedom that allows me to do anything in abundance- sin does not fluorish because of God's grace and mercy. Just the opposite occurs, because Jesus has stepped up my personal responsibilities at His sermon on the mount, I am accountable for not just the overt action of sin, but for the birthof th ethought of sin in my mind and heart. The flood gates they just do not exist it i snot a matter of my being perfect except and then I have to allow the excess to wash away as in a flood gate opening. No I am sin from the beginning a flow sin from a depraved nature and heart. My tongue wags  my heart's sin. It is the nature of awareness that came at the end of the age of innocence at the sin of Adam the first man.

Man is always trying to build flood gates, patches of new skins over old fabric, etc. That effort just fails, always. And that is the lesson of God to me personally. I cannot bring about perfection. I and all of mankind is depraved, having the ability to  see sin and not have the ability to reject it, having been born into it.

It is not by the actions of men that God is reconciling us to Him, it is by His grace and His mercy alone.  Our punishments issued among us by each other for sin is not so much that we need to  kill sinners, it is more that we may not exceed what is reasonable. An eye for an eye is not a minimum punishment any more than a road speed limit is a minimum. It means do not be excessive in response, have mercy as god is mercy.

Man is not going to bring about utopia on earth. It is all going to burn away. God will have made a new creation for His own and he will dwell with us there. In the meantime, as mean as it gets on earth today thesaints persevere and share of the grace and mercy of God the reconciliation by Christ Jesus and his blood shed at the cross for  redemption of those that will her and heed the call of the Holy Spirit to repentance of sin against God.

For me it is better to suffer than to kill the sinner, for I am a sinner too from birth. Better for the "other sinner" have the time that God may have designated  for their repentance, just as time was granted to me for mine.

that's the way I have come to see it anyway.

Thank you Neighbour......yes there is merit in what you say. I replied to a similar comment above sharing my thoughts. Take care.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

You cannot legislate morality. But you can take a stand.

• Thumbs Up 1