WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,161
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Believers are ones who are convicted but guiltless—“through faith” in the expiating Blood of Christ (Eph 1:7; Col 1:14; 1 John 1:7). Thus confession does not procure forgiveness but manifests God’s forgiveness; and that He has “cleansed us from all unrighteousness! This is to understand that confession does not effect (produce) forgiveness but rather manifests its reception, because one who knows not forgiveness will not confess (admit); and confession perpetuates fellowship with the Father. Therefore those who are non-confessing and unrepentant manifests the absence of having been “forgiven” and “cleansed.”  – NC

Freely Confess

Believers who understand grace best are the ones who confesses their sins best. It is a lack of understanding grace that makes a person timid to confess sins to the Father. “Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed are those whom the Lord will not impute sin” (Rom 4:7, 8). By His grace and mercy the Lord clears you altogether.

The thief on the cross is a perfect blank, so he is a perfect example of grace. He is on a cross and has nothing to expect from God or man, therefore he can only be a recipient. Grace purposes a new Person and a new position. The Lord Jesus says to him, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” He exchanges his own condition as a man for Christ’s. God’s righteousness places him in the highest place, in the presence of God – that’s what He has done for a man entitled to nothing.

A person who has nothing must not in anywise modify what grace puts upon him. Grace proposes a thing to him, he is entitled to nothing but judgement; grace comes in and clears him entirely. Now he must be essentially subject to what grace proposes, namely, he cannot take a lower person than the Person of the Lord Jesus, not a lower position than the paradise of God. Grace says, “Everything on your side is gone, and now I will act as I like.”

Christ meets the thief with, “Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise.” You cannot have this too clearly, that everything has been blotted out by the Blood of the Savior, and now He will write on your heart a new order of things. Scripture presents the effect, you learn what grace is, you have nothing to keep up (concerning receiving and retaining salvation—NC), and the effect is that in your spirit there is no guile (the obedience that follows redemption manifests it, not effects it—NC).

Although you are on entirely new ground with the Father, you fail again, and you are astonished to find you do wrong and that you are a failing person even though a Christian. You ought not to do wrong, but “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Again you find you have sin in you and you feel it ought not to be there. What do you do? In one sense I am not sorry when people are in Romans Seven. You may try to cloak or excuse yourself when you fail; if you have a tender conscience you say, “It was so and so,” but that is not confession.

You are not to wait for the law to find you out, you are to tell on yourself. You are to stand before God against yourself, and the better you tell out the things, the clearer you get discharged. “Godly sorrow worketh repentance.” I never saw a person so hardened that he was not sorry that he has done a thing, but repentance is that I repudiate the principle (old man – Rom 7:17, 20—NC) that does it; not that I regret the tarnish on myself and am sorry that I made so little of myself, but I repudiate the thing as before God.

There is to be nothing hidden, it is an action of extreme importance to our hearts; you let the Lord Jesus see all. It is not going to Him for answers, but you confide to Him the whole of your heart; you have such a sense of what His wisdom is that you give Him the master key. You cannot make a person your confidant unless you know he has wisdom. If he has not wisdom, you have committed yourself where you will be badly handled and you make him your master. What makes me proof against the man of evil and the woman of flattery (Pro 6:24)? Wisdom!

- J B Stoney

Excerpt from MJS devotional for July 28:

No true believer expects the Law to give life, yet many expect it to govern life. Too few realize that their death on the Cross separated them from the entire principle of law, and that their resurrection united them to the Lord Jesus, “full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

“All of the Lord’s commands to me are according to the new nature I already have. He is my life, and all His words are the expression of that life. Therefore when His words are given to me, they only give me the authority to do what my new nature likes to do. ‘A new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in Him and in you” (1 John 2:8). -J.N.D.

http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I think we are safest to consider Wordsworth line, “we murder to dissect.” The Gospel is simple, Salavation is simple (John 6:40, John 18:28–29, Romans 10:9-10). Jesus said the kingdom belongs to children, “Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14). If a child cannot understand it, if we complicate it to the point that a child cannot say the sinner’s prayer, and they need an endless catechism, we are headed for error. 

A good thing to remember, can a child understand it? And “does it work in Ethiopia?” The second quote is about the prosperity gospel and doctrine which says being a Christian garantees wealth; well in Ethiopia good Christians are starving in famine.  

We must beware of being seduced from pure and simple devotion to Christ, “But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:2). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,161
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I think we are safest to consider Wordsworth line, “we murder to dissect.” The Gospel is simple, Salavation is simple (John 6:40, John 18:28–29, Romans 10:9-10). Jesus said the kingdom belongs to children, “Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14). If a child cannot understand it, if we complicate it to the point that a child cannot say the sinner’s prayer, and they need an endless catechism, we are headed for error. 

A good thing to remember, can a child understand it? And “does it work in Ethiopia?” The second quote is about the prosperity gospel and doctrine which says being a Christian garantees wealth; well in Ethiopia good Christians are starving in famine.  

We must beware of being seduced from pure and simple devotion to Christ, “But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:2). 

Hi F D and thanks for your reply! I can relate to your mention of simplicity, but usually that which is neigh unto the Christian rudiments has little growth from them (Heb 6:1-3). After redemption it's all about spiritual growth, that we may be more effectively "about" the Father's business."

God bless!

17 minutes ago, WordSword said:

Hi F D and thanks for your reply! I can relate to your mention of simplicity, but usually that which is neigh unto the Christian rudiments has little growth from them (Heb 6:1-3). After redemption it's all about spiritual growth, that we may be more effectively "about" the Father's business."

God bless!

Perhaps it’s semantics in our case. The mystery of our faith is both simple and complex; “a mystery isn’t something you can’t understand, it is something you can endlessly understand.” 

I agree there are deeper mysteries in Christ (1 Corinthians 2:6) but always the well of wisdom and knowledge must be in Him (Colossians 2:2-3) and not the traditions of men (Mark 7:8). 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

IF one truly knows Christ ,  then they will understand so clearly the PROSPERITY GOSPLE of Christ .

And that the prosperity gospel of man is truly of the devil himself who allures men to the wrong riches, wrong cares , wrong pleasures , all the things that the world has long

craved but never fulfills and leaves them in only danger of eternal damanation .

But the prosperity of Christ , is this , and this alone ,  THAT CHRIST IS OUR TREASURE , OUR RICHES ,  and even in the loss of all things ,  WE SEE ONLY GAIN in knowing Him .

Gain when we suffer for his name sake and YET REJOICE ,  gain when we are persecuted , even loss of homes, of all incomes  , and YET REJOICING IN HIM .

I HAVE ALL and ABOUND was written by a man IN PRISON .    Yet HE DID have all and HE did abound .   The lusts of this world , its riches , its cares and pleasures

PAUL WAS DEAD TO IT . AND HOPE does that to a man , HOPE IN THE LORD .

Completely trusting in Christ , and caring now for only a closer walk with HIM , no matter if it costs us the loss of Everything .    THIS HOPE IS REAL .

AND IT IS ALIVE ,.    Through all ages has this been .   We even hear today , of many who have the true hunger , the true desire

and their faith cost them the loss of business, the loss of money , they live in caves ,  But will walk miles to hear the wonderous gospel and truth .

Joys above , hopes above , all affections above . WHERE the only hope is simply in Christ above .  

They live in dumps ,  they have very little to eat ,   BUT THEY GOT THE JOY and THE ABUNDANT LIFE ,    that Kenneth Copeland and those prosperity preachers

DO NOT HAVE or know .    THIER IS NO PEACE like knowing CHRIST and their is no gain ,  LIKE GODLINESS WTIH CONTENTMENT .

Make a man sing in prison .  OH just rejoicing now ,   I mean real rejoicing with real hope EVEN IN PRISON with nothing but beatings and death threats .

OH their is no peace LIKE the LORD and no matter what comes against the true lambs ,  I SAY THEY REJOICE and WILL REJOICE , and they WILL ABOUND

even In the hour of death . Can no threat , can no loss, can no persecectuion or threat of death , MOVE THEM Of the COURSE IN CHRIST .

THEYGOT HOPE and see persecution and triblations for his name sake ,   AS praise time for even being counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS NAME .

I cannot truly put into words THE PEACE of the LORD . IT IS a peace that the carnal mind will never understand .   BUT IT IS A PEACE it will never know .

THE HOPE is all about HIS DAY ,  so no matter what comes against us TODAY ,  WE REJOICING through it all.      I truly wish folks understood what it is I am saying .

AND IT was all by grace .  GOD didn't draw me to the SON cause I was good .   NOPE I was worse than most folks I know .    But what a entire CHANGE of direction

HE put in my heart .  And on day one their was no desire for money or anything , IT WAS JUST the desire to KNOW HIM and HOW the truth in the BIBLE was and is

as wonderous honey .    I got HOPE ,  no matter what I lose ,   Cause I GOT THE LORD .  SO imagine that mind for a second .

NO worry over a thing .   NO desire for wordly gain ,  NO worry for any loss .  JUST PEACE .  REAL PEACE .   AS the LORD once said ,   IN this world

you shall have tribulation ,  BUT HE GIVES US PEACE through it all.    As we suffer for him , HE CONSOLES us ,  its all for our good .   THE LORD IS OUR PROSPERITY .

AND HE IS TRULY ALL  WE NEED .    

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF one truly knows Christ ,  then they will understand so clearly the PROSPERITY GOSPLE of Christ .

And that the prosperity gospel of man is truly of the devil himself who allures men to the wrong riches, wrong cares , wrong pleasures , all the things that the world has long

craved but never fulfills and leaves them in only danger of eternal damanation .

But the prosperity of Christ , is this , and this alone ,  THAT CHRIST IS OUR TREASURE , OUR RICHES ,  and even in the loss of all things ,  WE SEE ONLY GAIN in knowing Him .

Gain when we suffer for his name sake and YET REJOICE ,  gain when we are persecuted , even loss of homes, of all incomes  , and YET REJOICING IN HIM .

I HAVE ALL and ABOUND was written by a man IN PRISON .    Yet HE DID have all and HE did abound .   The lusts of this world , its riches , its cares and pleasures

PAUL WAS DEAD TO IT . AND HOPE does that to a man , HOPE IN THE LORD .

Completely trusting in Christ , and caring now for only a closer walk with HIM , no matter if it costs us the loss of Everything .    THIS HOPE IS REAL .

AND IT IS ALIVE ,.    Through all ages has this been .   We even hear today , of many who have the true hunger , the true desire

and their faith cost them the loss of business, the loss of money , they live in caves ,  But will walk miles to hear the wonderous gospel and truth .

Joys above , hopes above , all affections above . WHERE the only hope is simply in Christ above .  

They live in dumps ,  they have very little to eat ,   BUT THEY GOT THE JOY and THE ABUNDANT LIFE ,    that Kenneth Copeland and those prosperity preachers

DO NOT HAVE or know .    THIER IS NO PEACE like knowing CHRIST and their is no gain ,  LIKE GODLINESS WTIH CONTENTMENT .

Make a man sing in prison .  OH just rejoicing now ,   I mean real rejoicing with real hope EVEN IN PRISON with nothing but beatings and death threats .

OH their is no peace LIKE the LORD and no matter what comes against the true lambs ,  I SAY THEY REJOICE and WILL REJOICE , and they WILL ABOUND

even In the hour of death . Can no threat , can no loss, can no persecectuion or threat of death , MOVE THEM Of the COURSE IN CHRIST .

THEYGOT HOPE and see persecution and triblations for his name sake ,   AS praise time for even being counted worthy to suffer shame for HIS NAME .

I cannot truly put into words THE PEACE of the LORD . IT IS a peace that the carnal mind will never understand .   BUT IT IS A PEACE it will never know .

THE HOPE is all about HIS DAY ,  so no matter what comes against us TODAY ,  WE REJOICING through it all.      I truly wish folks understood what it is I am saying .

AND IT was all by grace .  GOD didn't draw me to the SON cause I was good .   NOPE I was worse than most folks I know .    But what a entire CHANGE of direction

HE put in my heart .  And on day one their was no desire for money or anything , IT WAS JUST the desire to KNOW HIM and HOW the truth in the BIBLE was and is

as wonderous honey .    I got HOPE ,  no matter what I lose ,   Cause I GOT THE LORD .  SO imagine that mind for a second .

NO worry over a thing .   NO desire for wordly gain ,  NO worry for any loss .  JUST PEACE .  REAL PEACE .   AS the LORD once said ,   IN this world

you shall have tribulation ,  BUT HE GIVES US PEACE through it all.    As we suffer for him , HE CONSOLES us ,  its all for our good .   THE LORD IS OUR PROSPERITY .

AND HE IS TRULY ALL  WE NEED .    

Thank you for coming against the prosperity gospel which is another gospel than the true gospel, which the Apostle Paul warned about, “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed,” (Galatians 1:8-9), and,  “But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. 13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve..” (2 Corinthians 3-4, 13-15). 

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, Fidei Defensor said:

Thank you for coming against the prosperity gospel which is another gospel than the true gospel, which the Apostle Paul warned about, “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed,” (Galatians 1:8-9), and,  “But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. 13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve..” (2 Corinthians 3-4, 13-15). 

WHAT DID JESUS once say ,  the cares and pleasure in life , lusts of riches and other things do,  CHOKE THE WORD RIGHT OUT OF ONE .

YES ,    brace yourself for these next words , because I don't wish those who preach it , to go to hell, but rather they repent .

BUT , my attitude towards the lil I am prosperity gospel itself , is this ,   IF I had the power I would shun every word of it straight to the depths of upmost darkness from whence it came .

For many men lie in ruin and destruction under it even now as we speak  , being destitute of the truth and supposing that gain is godliness.

and what is the command, FROM SUCH withdraw thyself .    I got absolutely no love for that false prosperity gospel  .

And what I say next ought to put major concern in the hearts of many .  One of the biggest men who teach it , KENNETH Copeland once said this , and it is for all to see on a video .

HE said ,   I HAD TO TELL GOD to MOVE JESUS OUT OF MY WAY , so I COULD GET THE JOB DONE .     And folks follow that .     I had rather die than follow them lies that offer NO HOPE

only the loss of ever knowing Christ .   NO part of it ,  I by the grace of GOD will expose its lies and also POINT TO THE TRUE PROSPERITY OF OUR SOUL .    CHRIST THE KING . 

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

WHAT DID JESUS once say ,  the cares and pleasure in life , lusts of riches and other things do,  CHOKE THE WORD RIGHT OUT OF ONE .

YES ,    brace yourself for these next words , because I don't wish those who preach it , to go to hell, but rather they repent .

BUT , my attitude towards the lil I am prosperity gospel itself , is this ,   IF I had the power I would shun every word of it straight to the depths of upmost darkness from whence it came .

For many men lie in ruin and destruction under it even now as we speak  , being destitute of the truth and supposing that gain is godliness.

and what is the command, FROM SUCH withdraw thyself .    I got absolutely no love for that false prosperity gospel  .

And what I say next ought to put major concern in the hearts of many .  One of the biggest men who teach it , KENNETH Copeland once said this , and it is for all to see on a video .

HE said ,   I HAD TO TELL GOD to MOVE JESUS OUT OF MY WAY , so I COULD GET THE JOB DONE .     And folks follow that .     I had rather die than follow them lies that offer NO HOPE

only the loss of ever knowing Christ .   NO part of it ,  I by the grace of GOD will expose its lies and also POINT TO THE TRUE PROSPERITY OF OUR SOUL .    CHRIST THE KING . 

Indeed, it is Christ’s desire these prosperity teachers repent, “Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.” (Revelation 3:19), and, “For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son." (Hebrews 12:6).

May these prosperity preachers wake up and cease deciding people. May they like Balaam, the prophet who became a false prophet against Israel for money, do as Balaam did, he repented and became a prophet of the Lord (Numbers 24:1-5 and 1-25,Numbers 22:1-41, Numbers 23:1-30).

4 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed, it is Christ’s desire these prosperity teachers repent, “Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.” (Revelation 3:19), and, “For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and He chastises everyone He receives as a son." (Hebrews 12:6).

May these prosperity preachers wake up and cease deciding people. May they like Balaam, the prophet who became a false prophet against Israel for money, do as Balaam did, he repented and became a prophet of the Lord (Numbers 24:1-5 and 1-25,Numbers 22:1-41, Numbers 23:1-30).

Oh I hope they repent too .   But as of now I am seeing them only getting worse .  Fidei , its real bad what most of these BIG prosperity preachers are now doing .  

THEY actually trying to lead the flocks to ROME .   OH YES .  they under a grand delusion now for they did not repent of the evil .   I see it everywhere .  emergent churches helping lead the charge home to rome ,  prosperity , , you name it they claim it , has become you name it ROME claims it .    Its real bad my friend .   And we must warn the folks to not go under this false unity .   WILL you HELP ME warn against the false inclusive gospel as well as the false prosperity one .   

27 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Oh I hope they repent too .   But as of now I am seeing them only getting worse .  Fidei , its real bad what most of these BIG prosperity preachers are now doing .  

THEY actually trying to lead the flocks to ROME .   OH YES .  they under a grand delusion now for they did not repent of the evil .   I see it everywhere .  emergent churches helping lead the charge home to rome ,  prosperity , , you name it they claim it , has become you name it ROME claims it .    Its real bad my friend .   And we must warn the folks to not go under this false unity .   WILL you HELP ME warn against the false inclusive gospel as well as the false prosperity one .   

I can commit to help you take on the prosperity gospel, but I don’t know enough about the inclusive gospel, is this ecumenism?