• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

If everything is not literal and all is spiritual ,  YOU CAN MAKE IT MEAN WHTEVER you want too.   AND THEY DO THIS .   I SEEN THEM DO IT and it contradicts TRUTH .

It leads to concepts of all sorts of dangerous hearsays .    shesays , he says and they says which CONTRADICT what HE SAYS , as in GOD SAYS . 

Here is frienduffs simple explanation of heresay .    You know its hersay , IF IT CONTRADICTS what HE SAYS in that bible .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Here is frienduffs simple explanation of heresay .    You know its hersay , IF IT CONTRADICTS what HE SAYS in that bible .

I strongly agree with that, with a caveat: Sometimes people will interpret what he says to mean something else. Just one example: Lets say that two people are discussing John 3:16

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Now, one says that those that believe in him have eternal life, and those that don't believe in him do not have eternal life. They are not alive. They are dead.

And one says that they both have eternal life, but one has eternal life of bliss in heaven and the other has eternal life of torture in hell.

Which one is speaking heresy?

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I strongly agree with that, with a caveat: Sometimes people will interpret what he says to mean something else. Just one example: Lets say that two people are discussing John 3:16

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Now, one says that those that believe in him have eternal life, and those that don't believe in him do not have eternal life. They are not alive. They are dead.

And one says that they both have eternal life, but one has eternal life of bliss in heaven and the other has eternal life of torture in hell.

Which one is speaking heresy?

Neither actually .  the first one is simply talking of eternal LIFE IN CHRIST forever  and those who reject him don't have that ..    the second is just stating the same but showing that their is also an eternal after life of death for those who rejected him .  SO they both speaking truth .    THE POINT they both make is true .   

I would term the word eternal life into eternal damanation .   but the point still is that after life their are two places .    AND ONE place we don't want to end up in .  AKA LAKE OF FIRE .

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Neither actually .  the first one is simply talking of eternal LIFE IN CHRIST forever  and those who reject him don't have that ..    the second is just stating the same but showing that their is also an eternal after life of death for those who rejected him .  SO they both speaking truth .    THE POINT they both make is true .   

This highlights the challenge I have. You are adding information that is not there.

If Isaid that I'm going to drop a ball on a car and, because of where the ball is aimed, those in the back seat will perish and those in the front seat will have life, anyone who said both will live would be horribly misinterpreting what I said.

The only point I'm trying to make is that sometimes someone appears to be contradicting Christ's words when, in reality, they are adding meaning that is not plain - as opposed to committing heresy, though it may be the latter as well.

• Brilliant! 1

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I would term the word eternal life into eternal damanation .   but the point still is that after life their are two places .    AND ONE place we don't want to end up in .  AKA LAKE OF FIRE .

I don't see it that way. I don't see it as a statement on geography. I see it as a statement on condition. One receives eternal life and the other experiences what Adam was warned of and Jesus died to prevent - death.

But this is where it gets messy regarding accepting vs contradicting the words of Christ. And we're getting off topic so I'll leave my half at this post. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

This highlights the challenge I have. You are adding information that is not there.

If Isaid that I'm going to drop a ball on a car and, because of where the ball is aimed, those in the back seat will perish and those in the front seat will have life, anyone who said both will live would be horribly misinterpreting what I said.

The only point I'm trying to make is that sometimes someone appears to be contradicting Christ's words when, in reality, they are adding meaning that is not plain - as opposed to committing heresy, though it may be the latter as well.

I did not add information that is not their .  THE UNDERSTANDING of what it means IS THEIR already , if one has the ears and eyes to see it .

And neither group in your example was saying heresay .    Heresay would be something like this , if one can look at something plain and contradict what it means .

Your example was simple .  neither one was preaching heresay  in your first example .    The thing is you are making this way harder and are way too trying to overhthink and reason it out .

The truth is simple to understand , IF WE have Christ and learn Him .   

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

I don't see it that way. I don't see it as a statement on geography. I see it as a statement on condition. One receives eternal life and the other experiences what Adam was warned of and Jesus died to prevent - death.

But this is where it gets messy regarding accepting vs contradicting the words of Christ. And we're getting off topic so I'll leave my half at this post. :)

But the way you are trying to see or grasp truth ,  is only making it harder for you to grasp it .  You are way overcomplicating and over thinking things .

Ease thy mind ,   ease ,   slow the engine down a bit .  ON this road you are going to way overcomplicate what is so simple and should have been so simple TO KNOW in CHRIST . 

8 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

One last thing  and just really think on this .    AM I the first person who has told you  , that you overthink way too much .     Just try and remember .  Has anyone ever told you words like that or to that effect .