• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

I was pouring soup into bowls. Homegrown, homemade pumpkin soup. They would start arriving at my place soon for our gathering, some at about 10AM, others a bit later having further to come. It's understood there will be a shared lunch. John walked in the door and pulled out 8 bundles of triangular sandwiches and a large filled roll, all done up in gladwrap. I asked where they came from, knowing this senior widower didn't "do food" other than purchase it. Wonderful story, he said and told me that his daughter who lives in the house adjacent to his "man cave", received a visit the previous day from a woman she knows who runs a cafe/bakery, and this woman gave her the sandwiches as she said "I know your father is part of a gathering and they always have a shared lunch, so I'm sure they would appreciate these."  

We did appreciate them. What a blessing. Also that day as I was putting out the cups and placesettings the Holy Spirit kept saying "And one more..." and lo and behold we did have one more person arrive than anticipated. Fellowship at the gathering was joyous and edifying. Looking forward to tomorrow when we gather again.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Love your story! It reminds me of the book by brother Andrew - God's Smuggler! 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Wow! It's cool to read about people getting along in happy fellowship, posted on the forum, Michael.  For a change.
Breaking bread together. A blessing.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1