• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

To me (and this is JUST MHO), teaching kids about superhero's is tantamount to telling the same lies parents feed their children about Satan Claus. If children want role models, there are PLENTY REAL LIFE hero's such as Brother Yun, Max Lucado, Joni Earkison Tada (sp?) and Nancy Alcorn, who have real life testimonies of Gods TRUTH and grace upon their lives. Why do hero's HAVE to be fictional :emot-handshake:  I'd rather teach my children that REAL people can do EXTRAORDINARY things in the Name of Christ and THROUGH the Holy Spirit.

Faithie :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But can they shoot spider webs? :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

To me (and this is JUST MHO), teaching kids about superhero's is tantamount to telling the same lies parents feed their children about Satan Claus. If children want role models, there are PLENTY REAL LIFE hero's such as Brother Yun, Max Lucado, Joni Earkison Tada (sp?) and Nancy Alcorn, who have real life testimonies of Gods TRUTH and grace upon their lives. Why do hero's HAVE to be fictional :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Are super heros antichrists?, good and evil in tights

Yes.

Surprised? :emot-questioned:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to hear that opinion. Elaboration? Evidence? (especially evidence)

Veggie Tales may not be on but Bibleman is now on Saturday mornings at 10Am ( check the listings) on TBN.

Here's a good video to start with:

Jesus our Savior - Part 1

Bibleman faces his greatest challenge and his greatest adversary, the shifty Primordius Drool, in this thrilling cliff hanger. When the townspeople begin to rely too heavily on our holy superhero, Bibleman is tricked into thinking he must quit in order for the people to put their faith in God, instead of him.

Jesus our Savior - Part 2

In the exciting conclusion, Bibleman is lured into a showdown with Primordius Drool

Yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anti- instead of

Christ - :emot-handshake:

They are no different than what was called and worshipped as g-ds in the days of Greece and Rome. Mars,Apollo, Zeus, etc, same thing different package.

As someone said they told their children that they got their power from G-d, a human invention gets its power from G-d? Do they proclaim G-d? Jesus? One that doesn't and relies on his own power is Antichrist.

24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I think these cartoons then made into movies with real people are just preparing the way for the one true "Superman" that will come and deceive many, but will look to be bringing peace to the planet. Isn't that what Super man does?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anti- instead of

Christ - :emot-handshake:

They are no different than what was called and worshipped as g-ds in the days of Greece and Rome. Mars,Apollo, Zeus, etc, same thing different package.

As someone said they told their children that they got their power from G-d, a human invention gets its power from G-d? Do they proclaim G-d? Jesus? One that doesn't and relies on his own power is Antichrist.

24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I think these cartoons then made into movies with real people are just preparing the way for the one true "Superman" that will come and deceive many, but will look to be bringing peace to the planet. Isn't that what Super man does?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the prefix "anti-" doesn't mean "instead of" but "opposed to" or "against" (thanks, dictionary.com!).

As far as your verse reference, I think that verse was talking about real people, not fictional characters...there are very few (even among children) who believe superheroes really exist.

The people who make movies and cartoons about the superheroes are not trying to convince people that they really exist, either...rather, they are trying to make stories which serve the purpose of entertainment. In that, Batman, Spiderman and Wolverine are very different from Mars, Apollo, and Zeus. People actually believed the latter existed, and worshipped them. The former, few believe exist, and even fewer are so obsessive as to create a god out of them.

I thought you were being sarcastic about the bible man action figures. :(

That is so awesome that there is a bible man cartoon. I don't have cable or I would watch it myself. My son does like Larry Boy though. He wants me to get him a couple of plungers so he can be Larry Boy. The Larry Boy theme song is pretty cool too. :)

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The bible teaches us that lies enslave and the truth sets us free. Fantasy doesn't bless anyone because it's ultimatly a lie.

Jesus told parables, but he didn't go into outright fantasy for entertainment. It's a whole different category.

The bible teaches us that lies enslave and the truth sets us free. Fantasy doesn't bless anyone because it's ultimatly a lie.

Jesus told parables, but he didn't go into outright fantasy for entertainment. It's a whole different category.

Jesus isn't an entertainer.