• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Where does it say that in the bible that your soul is with the Lord immediately after death?

"Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it." Ecclesiates 12:6,7

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

2 Corinthians 5: 6 Then being always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body, we are away from home from the Lord;

2 Corinthians 5: 8 then we are confident and we are pleased rather to go away from home out of the body, and to come home to the Lord.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

2 Corinthians 5: 6 Then being always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body, we are away from home from the Lord;

2 Corinthians 5: 8 then we are confident and we are pleased rather to go away from home out of the body, and to come home to the Lord.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that Paul is talking about the resurrection of the body in 2 Cor. 5. If you read the first and second verses, not just the 6th and 8th you will see that he is looking forward to new body from heaven, the resurrection of the dead on the last day.

Guest SentForth5

Hi ..If I may...uhhh..those who sleep are in paradise (luke ch 16)..awaiting judgement..these individuals did not overcome satan in their flesh lifetime and now stand in controversy with Our Father..they will not be "with" Christ upon His return because they are , well, in a sort of limbo or sleep in the dust which was used by God as a reference to satan.... remember in genesis God told satan in ch 3 upon thy belly shalt thou go and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...

here is some pure scripture to support the fact that we instantly go to be with Our Father upon death...check out ecclesiastes ch. 12..say umm verse 5 or 6..the silver cord is the spinal cord..the golden bowl is yer head..and your teeth and heart is mentioned..verse 7 reads.."then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and THE SPIRIT SHALL RETURN TO GOD WHO GAVE IT."in first corinthians ch 15 Christ through paul is teaching you what will happen at the LAST or the SEVENTH trump...He is simply saying that at that moment some who are reading will already have died, but some reading that verse will still be alive at the seventh trump..and since NO FLESH shall see God..He is telling you that you will be changed into your spiritual body and will lose your flesh body at that moment..those who have alredy died will already be in thier spiritual bodies.see zechariah ch 14 around verse 11 or twelve..it seems pretty gruesome, but i assure you that it will be all right! also see 1corinthians ch 1 v28 & 29..no flesh should glory in His presence..see in 1 corinth ch 15 God through paul is discussing those who are still alive at the arrival of Christ..those who sleep already died from this flesh life and have already put on incorruption. Let's go to thessalonians..first thess ch 4 about say, verse 13..but i would not have you ignorant concerning them which are ASLEEP..(i'm going by memory so i may miss a word or two) verse 14 says those who are asleep already (and in this case the dust is not mentioned because these people did overcome) are coming back with Him..v15 says we who are in flesh cannot PREVENT them or come before them and v 16 says for at the trump of God (the seventh)

the dead IN Christ shall rise first..why? because they are already with Him..read 2 corinthians ch5 that'll explain it pretty good.. well thank you for reading this i guess i've already typed too much!! may God bless you and open your eyes!

Guest firefromheaven
The story about the witch of Endor Samuel was not brought from heaven but from sleep. He was in the grave. Do you think if he was in heaven that witch could bring him from heaven? I don't think so.

No grave means abrahams Bosom :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1Sa 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

1Sa 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

Those verses there says he came up and Samuel himself asked him why he was disquieted and brought up. Hmmm I thought we all went to heaven. I guess you're(you all) going to say now that that was a devil in disguise. lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Rev. 6

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Guest firefromheaven
Rev. 6

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It appears that the only ones that go straight to be with the Lord are those who were killed for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. But not everyone gets that blessing. If they did it would say so.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

The story about the witch of Endor Samuel was not brought from heaven but from sleep. He was in the grave. Do you think if he was in heaven that witch could bring him from heaven? I don't think so.

No grave means abrahams Bosom :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1Sa 28:11 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

1Sa 28:14 And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

Those verses there says he came up and Samuel himself asked him why he was disquieted and brought up. Hmmm I thought we all went to heaven. I guess you're(you all) going to say now that that was a devil in disguise. lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one went to Heaven untill Jesus died and brought them from Abrahams bosom to Heaven :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It appears that the only ones that go straight to be with the Lord are those who were killed for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. But not everyone gets that blessing. If they did it would say so.

It doesn't say so because there was no need to say so.

Believe what you want, Fire.

It's not going to affect anyone's salvation.

All that matters is Jesus! :blink:

Guest firefromheaven

It doesn't say so because there was no need to say so.

Believe what you want, Fire.

It's not going to affect anyone's salvation.

All that matters is Jesus! :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't say it was going to affect anyones salvation. But I think you can safely say that you guys don't know all the truth. Neither do I. I pointed out there is discrepency in the belief or doctrine ,whatever you want to call it: "We believe that immediately upon death, the soul of the believer is absent from the body, and present with the Lord." when I've shown clearly through several different verses that people do sleep until the last trump and that Samuel was brought up from the grave by the witch at endor. Plus that verse one person pointed out in revelations that says there were saints in heaven that were there because they were killed but that it don't mention any others. Not that there weren't any others. What I'm saying is you guys are standing on a belief that there obviously more then one answer to it. Some go straight to the Lord,some sleep,some will meet him in the air that are left when he returns. I believe it's up to the Lord who does what. He's got all authority and soveriegnty.