• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

A pre-wrath study of Revelation that I am going through is in Chapters 17 and 18. During this lecture about Mystery Babylon, it dawned on me that the USA could fall before the return of Christ.

Rev18:3 depicts our greedy and wealthy culture very well to me

For all the nations have drunk

the maddening wine of her adulteries.

The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,

and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.

The consumer nation could fall in an hour by means of economic collapse, if a nuke goes off in a large city of the USA.

She will be consumed by fire...

O Babylon, city of power!

In one hour your doom has come!

The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

A pre-wrath study of Revelation that I am going through is in Chapters 17 and 18.  During this lecture about Mystery Babylon, it dawned on me that the USA could fall before the return of Christ.

Rev18:3 depicts our greedy and wealthy culture very well to me

For all the nations have drunk

the maddening wine of her adulteries.

The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,

and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.

The consumer nation could fall in an hour by means of economic collapse, if a nuke goes off in a large city of the USA.

She will be consumed by fire...

O Babylon, city of power!

In one hour your doom has come!

The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now we are the most powerful nation on earth. Why isn't the US in bible prophecy? If you read IS 18 it would seem to be us, in that we send ambassadors by sea, and if you see the rivers of Ethopia beyond them there is the Atlantic Ocean..and us.

If this is us then notice that it starts out with a woe.

We who are supposedly a Christian nation that murders the innocent. We who are a Christian nation blessed by God who is now deviding the land of Israel..well..doesn't look good for us, because these are the precursors of judgement.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

Right now we are the most powerful nation on earth. Why isn't the US in bible prophecy? If you read IS 18 it would seem to be us, in that we send ambassadors by sea, and if you see the rivers of Ethopia beyond them there is the Atlantic Ocean..and us.

We who are supposedly a Christian nation that murders the innocent. We who are a Christian nation blessed by God who is now deviding the land of Israel..well..doesn't look good for us, because these are the precursors of judgement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is an interesting prophecy about smooth-skinned people. I presume that it means people who do not labor hard and are soft-bodied. I must admit that it describes me somewhat. :emot-hug:

Are the sprigs that are to be pruned those who are to be saved?

Being left to ravenous birds and beasts does not sound pleasant at all.

What is the reference to dividing Israel? Is that from Joel3? I have heard that before, but do not know the source.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Can we balance it out just a bit. America also is full of God fearing Christians who serve him faithfully. America is very generous. America is not even mentioned in the Bible. But America sure mentions the Bible more than any other Nation I can think of. Thats why we are hated. America is why Hitler had to stop killing Jews. America has givin far more to Israel than any other nation. If you would like, I can give you the numbers.In fact I will post them.I have lived in Europe and spent plenty enough time in Countries south of the US to know that we are far from the worst when it comes to morals.Only a part of America is guilty of the things you speak.

U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact

Summary

Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid

Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans

$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)

$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments

$1,650,000,000

Grand Total

$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli

$14,630

Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.

Aid to Israel

Grand Total

$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.

$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers

$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli

$23,240

How awful for America to do such a thing!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!At least the big part of it that dosen't spew puke out from unholywood.

Dan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I agree we are far from the worst. However, we are the country that is suppose to be blessed by God because we were founded on Christian principles. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS REQUIRED...Judgement always starts at Gods house first.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

America named after Amerigo Vespucci?

America,wasn't discovered in 1492? my 5 cents...

Besides the fact that THE BOOK is about Israel,the Church,and the Gentiles...His plan of salvation...God blesses His plan and anyone that enters in it to be part of His plan, lets be in it, if American or Italian or whatever by birth....Praise Jesus :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

America,wasn't discovered in 1492? my 5 cents...

:blink:

Actually werent there people already here whom Coloumbus named Indians? Who discovered them? :blink:

I watched a special the other day where many scholars now believe that that Coloumbus was Jewish and not Itallian, which I thought was interesting.

As far a America being Babylon, I have heard this many times and I just dont see it as such.

If you look at Rev 16 where it speaks of the vile judgements, it speaks of the river Euphrates being dried up

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually werent there people already here whom Coloumbus named Indians? Who discovered them? :blink:

The Native Americans would tell you, "Columbus didn't discover America. The Americans discovered him!"

As far a America being Babylon, I have heard this many times and I just dont see it as such.

I agree for many of the same reasons.

"Babylon" has been around much longer than the US has been.

At most, we've been infected by Babylon and have shared in her sins with the other kings of the Earth.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

The Native Americans would tell you, "Columbus didn't discover America. The Americans discovered him!"

:blink::blink:

And I think they are right, my wife is Irish and Cherokee,

I am Irish and I was adopted as an adult into the Lakota Sioux nation and Rosebud tribe. It was a great experience and wonderful people.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I agree we are far from the worst. However, we are the country that is suppose to be blessed by God because we were founded on Christian principles. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS REQUIRED...Judgement always starts at Gods house first

Would you agree that there are millions of God loving Christians in the US that follow him inspite of all of ths sinful things that happen here?

Will god forsake them when he destroys America? Thats every Christian Man and Woman who has lived their life for him and their children. There are millions here in the US that fit that description. What a reward

I dont know if there will be a rapture but it seems to me that he would remove his faithful before he strikes his judgement down on the US. God rewards the faithful right?

God Bless