• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Trust and obey,

Thanks for the reply.  I have no need to argue with you regarding this.  I share it with you for the purpose of edification.

Thank you, Dennis, for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you consider discussing opposing views "arguing," then I guess I can go along with that. But, I don't mind it at all. I never take it personally and I understand that it is just the nature of different people coming together with different minds.

Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man (mankind), and not man for the sabbath:

2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

What was the context of Jesus stating the above? Was it not that He was "violating the sabbath" as the Jews commonly understood it? Was not Jesus saying that the sabbath was meant as a blessing to the people, not as a prison? Did not Jesus correct them in asserting that he was guilty for violating it? Did not Jesus show that the sabbath is subject to man, not the other way around?

Remember Paul warned of a falling away that would take place that the man of sin might be revealed.  The man of sin is a false Christ, a false christian, head of a false system of worship called 'Mystery Babylon'.  What was the day of worship of Babylon, the venerable day of the sun, Sunday.

2THES 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (the church),shewing himself that he is God.

Who could this possibly be?  Is there anybody who sits in a church claiming to be the only true church who calls himself 'Holy Father'?  Is there anyone who claims to be the 'representative of Christ on earth'?  Is there anyone on earth who claims to be 'Infallible'.  Only the the Holy Spirit is infallible?  Is there any man who claims the three offices of God on earth?  And all the world, including the churches, wondered (followed) after the beast.

Dennis, I do see the similarities and the connection that you are making. You done did it now though by opening up that can of worms :thumbsup:

I am amazed with all the warnings how people still follow their religious leaders blindly.  It is as though they are immune to being deceived.  Yes I find popular christianity truly amazing.  Praise God for the few who are watching on the walls of Zion.  Those who have been grafted into the true Israel.  Scripture says that the New Covenant was for the House of Israel, the true church, and that the gentiles were grafted in or joined true Israel.

Could you please offer me a few references on religious leaders "who are true and faithful?"

And, other than the Pope and RCC, do you have any other notable people on your mind when you mention this?

JER 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new

covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:  (it is their Covenant, we Gentiles are allowed the privilege of joining or being grafted into true Israel.  The Apostles were all Jews.  It was the true Jewish church.  The pagans gave them the name Christians after Christ who was a Jew).

31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the

day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of

Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband

unto them, saith the LORD:

31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of

Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law (notice no change in law, but the same laws that they broke) in their

inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and

they shall be my people.

31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every

man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know

me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the

LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Here we have God's definition of the New Covenant that he would make with Israel, the Jews.  If you disagree with that, your argument is with God and not with me.  I have only presented Scripture.

To God be the golry,

Dennis, you have some interesting things to say and I enjoy reading your posts. I'd appreciate your continued participation in the discussion.

One last question pertaining to the sabbath. Does your congregation observe the 7th day sabbath? And, if so, do you put to death those in your congregation who "slip up" and fail to properly observe it?

Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Exo 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exo 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Remember, we are told that if we are holding to the law, then we must observe all of it. We cannot pick and choose that which we like and that which we don't.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

An integral part of the 7th day Sabbath was putting those who violated it to death.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Trust and Obey,

Thanks for your post.

Trust and Obey,

Thanks for your post.  I

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I'm gonna say the answer to that question is no.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There is somethings that God has left for the believers to walk in.

Hard to wrap ones mind around a different tradition than we have been taught, but scriptures make more sense in context of their hebrew roots.
The amount of faith that you have in the Lord's Will and Laws of His kingdom, the more it makes sense what the NT is talking about... which is the OT with spiritual insights.

For those who can not see, arguing that which is only spiritually discerned with those who are not there yet, is not profitable. This is one of those areas where God has to convict. You have done a wonderful job in your presentation. Now it is up to God to put His Seal upon His Word and convict the soul that which is true. It is up to us to go back to the Word of God and in our prayer corner and ask the Lord to convict us that which is true and walk in it.

The time will come where the truth will be silences by the forces of aboslute power in the last days and one of the above testimonies will no longer be legal to say. That is the one that belongs to God.

Rev. Turmoil and others who responded, thank you.

I think it is obvious to the reader, but I was driving home the "put them to death" part of the sabbath in order to demonstrate that even those who *think* they keep the biblical 7th Day Sabbath do not keep it according to God's word. Hence, they have nothing to hold over the heads of others. I felt it was important to drive this home because certain people have gone so far as to suggest that Christians who do not "keep the (Saturday) Sabbath" are "Babylonian-Christians."

I think the point has been made and will now let it sit. Thanks for chiming in. God bless.

Trustandobey,

There are seven or eight different meanings for the word Sabbath.  I find some of them interesting. 

The Sabbath is whatever day you set aside for God.  If you do that, that is properly observing the sabbath.  No church should delegate your sabbath and no church put you to death for not observing "their sabbath".

Reverend Turmoil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it,

because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made. (Genesis 2:2-3)

The Sabbath is not whatever day you set aside for God. The Sabbath is the day the Lord set aside, blessed and sanctified. It is a day given to remember our creator, His authority as our creator; we are to honor Him in that day. Can you show me some scripture that states the "Sabbath is any day man sets aside"?

I think it is so fitting that the Book of Jude, which talks about false teachers creeping into the church, is placed immediately before the Book of Revelation,which is all about the second coming. Jesus surely knew that we would have to "contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints."

(Jude3).

By saying the Sabbath is not important, you are saying that God's Law is not important. And by breaking one, you stand guilty of breaking them all. Let's see what the book of Revelation says about the two groups of people on earth in the end times.

And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" (Rev. 13:3-4)

So we have one group of people who will follow and worship the beast.

And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (Rev. 12:17).

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. (Rev. 14:12)

Oh, here is one more verse located right before Jesus comes back, right before Jesus says, "Surely I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:20).

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. (Rev. 22:14)

So we have another group of people that will follow and keep the commandments, including the 4th. As we become nearer to the Advent of Christ, this will become a dividing issue on the earth. There will be two groups of people on this earth.

So, tell me, which group of people do you want to be in during the end times???

So, tell me, which group of people do you want to be in during the end times???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The ones that are covered in the blood of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Trust and Obey,

You are missing the point. It is not an issue of legalism to obey God's Law. It is an issue of love.

We are saved by grace, not of works, as you have stated. Grace transforms us. Through grace our heart is converted. If we are truly converted, we should exhibit a changed life. Our lives should not be the same as before receiving the grace of God. Because of our changed life, we can now perform good works, good fruit is produced in our lives.

So what are some good works, or good fruit, we should see in the life of a true believer? Not lying, not commiting adultery, not stealing. Now we have a desire to keep the law of God.

Now we have a desire not to sin. What is sin? According to scripture, sin is the transgression of the law. Sin is breaking the law of God.

You are saying there is no law. We don't need the commandments, they are just for the Jews, we are under grace. If there is no law, then there is no sin. If there is no sin, the Gospel is destroyed. And if the law is for the Jews only, does that mean it is OK for gentiles to lie, steal, murder?

Of course we are under grace, but we cannot keep breaking the law because we are under grace. We keep the law because we love Jesus.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

AMEN! :thumbsup: