• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys 

I've been counselling by email a young man somewhere in the Michigan area.

We've come to the point where he really needs discipleship and prayer and some really good teaching -

I'm looking for people in the Michigan area to give me some names of good Evangelical Pro-Spirit Christian Communities/Churches in the area that I can point him to, or groups who are well versed in Spiritual warfare to minister to him.

Or indeed members who are in Michigan who can come alongside him and disciple him.

It's been really hard to get actual info out of him because he's been suffering under massive possession and torment of demons, so if you're not a real warfare type, then this is not for you, I'm looking for someone who is VERY grounded, VERY confident, very certain of what they believe and who can HEAR the Holy Spirit, and is working in gifts and power. I'm not looking for help from anyone who wants to do deliverance rituals or anything like that.

I'm looking for someone/a group/church/community that KNOWS how to disciple someone who is clueless and has been demonically tormented because of his ancestor's involvement in witchcraft.  Can anyone help me, are there any Michigan members on Worthy?

Thanks to any and all for suggestions, tips, ideas or directions!

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sounds like he is not saved. He needs an evangelist, not a counselor. Born again Christians can't be possessed, perhaps oppressed but not possessed as the Holy Spirit will not share the same temple as satan.

I think you should read my request again, there's an order of events which has happened here.

WE ARE NOW AT THE POINT where he needs discipleship.  That statement clearly indicates a process of events which has culminated in THIS point in time, and the use of the word discipleship in the context of the word "now" infers the state of NOW being saved.

One who came to Christ OUT of possession needs a specific kind of discipleship quite different to the kind which someone who didn't have that experience of the demonic would need.  There are specific questions that that individual will need answers to that run-of-the-mill discipleship generally does not offer.

And a Christian absolutely can have a demon in control of a particular area of their lives (which by dictionary definition is "possession" - which denotes "mastery over" not inhabitation as popularly believed).  I've SEEN it with my own eyes and the idea that it can't happen is one of the lies of the enemy uses to lull Christians into denial and idolatry.. and not dealing with the shameful areas of permissiveness in their lives, the closed doors, the secret shames.  If you have something in your life that is secret from EVERYONE else who doesn't share that thing...  you have demonic strongholds - places where the enemy can influence and control you with shame and fear.  It DOESN'T mean inhabitation - though I'm not saying that inhabitation doesn't exist because it most certainly does, and I would agree that inhabitation cannot take place if the Holy Spirit already inhabits you.

So - I reiterate - please if there's anyone in the Michigan area here - please contact me or post here!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,617
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, of course Michigan USA is a huge chunk of geography, but you might select a USA postal zipcode such as one in Detroit 48206 then  select 200 or 500 miles and see what comes up, then research some of those churches https://www.tms.edu/find-a-church/

From that directory here is a link to one picked at random, see if it is anything like what you are seeking, http://www.ibcsheboygan.org/site/dbpage.asp?page_id=1051&sec_id=755

Hopefully you might obtain at least a zipcode from  where this person is located.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I wont belabor this, only to say

1. I have dealt in the demonic realm.

2. You are wrong in believing a born again Christian can be possessed. (at least give Scriptural proof he can).

You have changed your wording from 'massive possession and torment of demons' to 'can have a demon in control of a particular area'.

In any case, if he is possessed, I'd contend he is lost in need of deliverance and the reception of the Holy Spirit who will neither leave him or forsake him nor share the temple of our bodies with another.

He WAS possessed before he was saved (about 48 hours ago). Please read what I wrote instead of deciding what I mean. 

I didn't change the wording of anything. My explanation of the point regarding possession in Christians was not an explanation of THIS situation or person. I was simply disagreeing with your ascertion. Or perhaps your semantics.

I did however come looking for help and suggestions, not a theological argument around assumptions. 

Thank you for your contribution. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for the video. I suspect it may get removed as it is  on You tube. If it does perhaps you can just suggest  anyone interested look at Derek Prince, Spiritual warfare on earth which they will find on You Tube.  I think his testimony is good basis for study and if desired even debate or at least further conversation.  My spouse and I have listened to him now on our TV via youtube. Again thanks!

ps -my wife used to attend Cornerstone. The shall I call it "style" is quite a bit different than my own church history and teaching that I have generally received, but not entirely foreign to my personal life experience(s) to date.

I do hope now that you have come across Worthy Christian Forums that at least on occasion, time allowing, you might participate further. It may stimulate conversations that will prick the prejudice of cognative dissonance, and it may  reaffirm that which many find they already know. In either case it could result in good study.

Edited by Neighbor

On 9/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, Angelfishie said:

He WAS possessed before he was saved (about 48 hours ago). Please read what I wrote instead of deciding what I mean. 

I didn't change the wording of anything. My explanation of the point regarding possession in Christians was not an explanation of THIS situation or person. I was simply disagreeing with your ascertion. Or perhaps your semantics.

I did however come looking for help and suggestions, not a theological argument around assumptions. 

Thank you for your contribution. 

So the question at hand ; have you found any churches to recommend, or not?  Are there any prayer requests  that might be shared especially within the prayer request category here? I know that few if any are going to be led to change their thinking on demons, but there is a person in trouble that  all might lift up in prayer is there not?