• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/23/2018 at 5:25 PM, Debp said:

She should ask a pastor to sprinkle her for baptism.   The words and the prayer of the pastor will mean much to her.   Our Lord is merciful and understands her situation.

Okay, to introduce another aspect of baptism, why by a pastor?

..."I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.  For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers.  What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.”  Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?  I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,  so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.)  For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."....- from Paul's writing to the church at Corinth

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/23/2018 at 12:02 PM, Follower Of Jesus said:

There is an old paralyzed lady, hospital bedridden. 

She has equipment connected to her, that cannot get wet or be removed.

How will she get baptized.

She need not be baptized with water at all.

For personal eternal salvation one need be called by the Holy Spirit to  repentance  of  sinning against God.

Each individual  has need to hear that call by/from the Holy Spirit, acknowledge that call, and turn to Christ Jesus as their own Lord God and savior with a simple understanding that;

Each individual is a sinner suffering the wrath  and the curse of God upon Adam and all his heirs. All humans are sinners against God, no one is perfect of/by their own doing,

Each individual is saved by grace which is the gift of and from God, so that no one can boast of themselves. Ephesians 2: 8-9

There is  one way to God, but many ways to destruction without God. Proverbs 16:25 and Matthew 7:13-14

Each individual hearing the specific call by the Holy Spirit must turn around to repentance from their sin against God. Luke 13:3

Turning to the only way to God which is by Jesus John 14:6

Each individual must yield to Christ Jesus becoming as children  of God.  John 1:12

Confession of that turning about is a simple prayer of thanks to God. commonly public confession of that repenting and recognition of the new birth that has occurred within an individual is Baptism by water. While public confession/declaration is very  often is by immersion and  often in natural waters, a lake, a river, an ocean for that matter, many churches from times of antiquity had steps down into a tub or pool shaped like a cross at sanctuaries, church buildings and individual walked down into it and arose again.

Many churches today have elevated tanks making it easy for all to see the person  professing and confessing  their new birth.

Some church groups interpret water baptism itself to be salvation, others say no it is symbolic, while yet others say  one can be baptized for another person; and some say infants can be baptized -usually by sprinkling.

I say God has it covered always. He has and always will. It doesn't matter if one church comes up with a difference in understanding from another - God has had knowledge of the salvation of every individual  from before time itself. The follies and fallacious thinking of men not withstanding and certainly not defeating God and God's will..

What is most important is the comfort of spirit and soul for any person that may not be physically immersed nor sprinkled at all for whatever reason.

Are they disobediant?  

Is my God a trickster that He will make someone aware of salvation, and  will the Holy Spirit make specific call to repentance, and then God declare no not you, you are not to be  with the saints eternally because you have physical condition of the flesh that prevents baptism in water?  

Come on does that make any sense at all? Of course it does not. If it did God would have had the very person he had foreknown, predestined, and given to his son Jesus( who does not lose a one ) baptized before their ailment, and not torture them afterward.

My God is not a trickster. - (but many a person is).

Edited by Neighbor