Tyler22

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

John Mcarthur says there is sin and punishement in hell at the same time how can this be?  here is one of the quotes from his sermons...

Paraphrasing because this site i cant copy and past....

Describing punishment in hell...

John McArthur

"The word ungodly is used repeatedly there and when they get to hell, they're just as ungodly as they ever were, in fact, more so in that environment without constraint and continue to get punished because they continue everlastingly their rebellion."

So he is saying they can sin as much as they want?  How will they get punished?

And sorry if i dont reply back i dont know how on this site.

Edited by Tyler22

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

John Mcaurther says there is sin and punishement in hell and the same time how can this be?

Can you link us to the quote?  I've looked but can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The sin that all are guilty of who are sent to hell is that of rejection Jesus as the Son of God, God the Word made flesh.   Hell is punishment in itself.   All who are there continue to endure punishment and suffering.  While all are forced to bow their knee to Jesus in the end time judgement, that doesn't mean that their hearts have changed.  Rebellion was the sin of satan and pride was the cause of it.  So these are the sins that remain in those who are sent to hell.

Joh 3:17  ESV For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.  Joh 3:18  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Joh 3:19  And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.  Joh 3:20  For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. Joh 3:21  But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."