• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Lilfox said:

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and thoughts! As I mentioned in my original post, this was not something against the church at all, just stuff I wished I had learned or picked up there but sometimes we have to learn the hard way too. 

On a side note to regards of the church letting me down as far as knowledge on death and suffering, I was not equipped to handle it on my own at the time. The church I attended for several years basically left our family out to dry on that one, to this day I don't understand why but everything happens for a reason. I did not leave that church on bad terms, there were no disagreements, no bad blood, nothing,  but when I asked the pastor for prayers for my mom he told me that he had no experience with that type of suffering (cancer) and that somebody else from the congregation would call me. She never did contact us and my family was never checked on again after we stopped attending.

We lived a street away from the church and the pastor. I didn't ask for advice or anything like that, just prayers to get through it.  I lost a lot of faith during that time and it took me 8 years to come to terms with it.   If my original post came across as bad, it is only because of this experience that I mentioned the part about being let down. I hope you understand.  I have, at times thought about writing the pastor a friendly letter letting him know why we stopped attending, so he can avoid doing it in the future to somebody else because I don't feel it was intentional.   I understand there is a lot of pressure for a pastor and totally respect that, this situation just was weird but maybe it was also God's way of saying it was time to move on.

Those of you who are lucky enough to have a good church to go to, it truly is a blessing.

I pray everyone can find the church that teaches that each persons walk is personal with Christ and His Holy Spirit. It's not about how others walk, its about your walk. Jesus must be our best friend with whom we spend much time.

• Thumbs Up 2