• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. Im rachael,

I just need to know there is something better.  I guess I'm searching.  I grew up in a way that's opposite of a Christian home.  Im 26 now.  But i never feel like i fit in with them even now. I know it's my bloodline and all but i just feel like i dont belong with them. 

Anyways anyone understand what i mean?

Im new.  I just joined this group today. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

19 hours ago, RachaelRoths said:

I just need to know there is something better.  I guess I'm searching.

Hello Rachael - welcome to Worthy.

I can testify to you that there is, indeed "something" better.  I started my search at about 25 and by 27 I surrendered my life to God .....

God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit.  I found out that Jesus died in my place on the cross in order to make me free from sin and death.  Everything changed for me!  My old life was left behind as I embarked on my journey with Jesus, Who spoke to me and lead me into His marvellous kingdom of light.  One day, I was guilt-ridden, the next, guilt-free as I came into the experience of knowing Him, and receiving His forgiveness.  He made me a new creation in Him; old things passed away ... just 'dropped off'.  The transformation was amazing.

Not everyone has such a dramatic testimony; for others the process may be different.  But, for me, Jesus came right when He knew I would receive Him.  His timing is perfect, and He is the God of the individual.  We are all going to have different testimonies but one thing is sure - He will never, never forsake anyone who comes to Him with genuineness of heart and truly, absolutely wants to ask His forgiveness, repent and follow Him for the rest of their days.

Now, the reason He died on the cross was that He was completely sinless, pure and holy and we are completely sinful.  He exchanged His life for ours and His sacrificial act gives us new life; the old one having passed away.  But we must continue to live for Him, forsaking the world and all its ways and putting Him first in our lives.  It has to be complete abandonment to Him.  We must repent from all our sin and believe in Him and He will forgive us.  Follow Him!  It is the best decision any person can ever make.

I will pray for you .... that you will make this decision.  If you do, you will never want to go back to "the old life".