• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

I do have a question that will determine if I continue in this type of discussion. Do you also believe that there will be another method of salvation after the calling out of the church?

I don't know if you're directing your question to anyone in particular, or all in general?

But this is one of the few questions in scripture that is eternally answered and not debatable.

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

Well said Dennis. I was making sure that this isn't what I was hearing from the OP. If it was, I wanted no part of it.

7 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt! There's none other name whereby we might be saved! And He is the only way praise God.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

Thank you for that. But not believing in dispensational grace myself, you may not wonder why I was so boggled by the assertion of the OT saints were being excluded from the Body of Christ. For by grace are ye saved through faith, right? and Jesus said; no man cometh to the Father except by me. Right? Then where do we place Hebrews 11 in all this?

Wow, this would take some explaining citing the burden of Jewish O.T. law and commandments, where the Gentiles fit in, and the differences between old and new covenants. The Bible is pretty clear on the order of the resurrections which have occurred and will occur, and is divided in dispensation's. Dispensation's in my opinion fit perfectly into rightly dividing the word of God.

At what point do you divide the Old Testament from the New Testament; the start and end of Daniel's 70th week, the time of Jacob's trouble, the start / end of the millennium, the start of eternity, etc.? For lack of a better word, I'd call them rightly dividing the word of God and dispensation's, or periods of time under changed circumstances and/or conditions. 

As far as Hebrews Chapter 11:, we need to rightly divide the word. To whom is the author addressing? What is the subject matter? Is the author talking about something past, present or future? Keeping this in mind reading Hebrew 11:, or the entire Bible for that matter, comparing scripture with scripture, then everything becomes apparent. 

Just my thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

At what point do you divide the Old Testament from the New Testament;

Exactly where God led men to divide it. At the Gospels.

I mean no disrespect to you or your belief's. Not my intention. Clarence Larkin started the dispensational methods of bible study over 100 years ago. Until then, they weren't really considered viable except by Schofield some years before. And then Amzi Dixon I believe refined them. Dispensationalism is very new on the scene, and I have never been convinced to subscribe to it.

I hope I haven't lost a new friend already for my opinions!

16 hours ago, S.C.1 said:

Exactly where God led men to divide it. At the Gospels.

I mean no disrespect to you or your belief's. Not my intention. Clarence Larkin started the dispensational methods of bible study over 100 years ago. Until then, they weren't really considered viable except by Schofield some years before. And then Amzi Dixon I believe refined them. Dispensationalism is very new on the scene, and I have never been convinced to subscribe to it.

I hope I haven't lost a new friend already for my opinions!

No not at all... We can always agree to disagree respectfully with our views on secondary biblical issues. That's what this forum and others are all about, discussing the word of God and grow in our knowledge and faith. I can't say with absolute certainty one scholars views are correct over another scholars views. I can only pray for wisdom and the correct understanding of scripture and use my logic and my personal hermeneutics to reach my own conclusions and views.